Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Technically there are 3 Arcs left. But one of them is more like the Butterfly Mansion recovery arc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

Conspiratiorist posted:

Well you know how in a typical shounen the heroes would be confronting all of the BBEGs generals in sequence, sometimes having multiple bouts with them, until some final confrontation where only the BBEG and their most powerful general are left?

KnY first compacted that timetable by having Muzan himself off a third of his demon generals. Since there's 5 Upper Moons and 2 story arcs left, it's no secret to say it's going to get squished further.

It still all works out well, has an actual conclusion rather than abrupt cut, and some of the best fights are still ahead but it *is* rushed.

I didn't read the manga arcs that's before the Entertainment District arc. Did the anime add or expand scenes for those previous arc?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

davidHalestorm posted:

I didn't read the manga arcs that's before the Entertainment District arc. Did the anime add or expand scenes for those previous arc?

Aside for one episode for Infinity train, no. Its been a pretty 1:1 adaptation.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
The spiderfolk backstory was expanded a bit.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I'm seeing articles about fans getting irate because Mitsuri is in a bath in one panel and I'm just... What is it about this show* where a little boy getting pierced through the jaw is okay but a woman's body is verboten?

I'm a lady who's pretty aware of when a female char is being objectified for the audience and this ain't it, chief. A woman's body isn't sexual because it exists, loving hell.

* e: That is to say, the fanbase of this show.

Das Boo fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Feb 19, 2022

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
those filthy anime tiddies tempting my pure and innocent mind, the author should be ashamed

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Just add steam clouds, it's fine.

If they cut any scene with best girl Mitsuri Kanroji then they should be replaced with longer, alternate scenes featuring her.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Dismemberment and mutilation, torture and suffering is Fine

Sexuality of any kind is Scary and Forbidden

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
That's the American way!

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Das Boo posted:

I'm seeing articles about fans getting irate because Mitsuri is in a bath in one panel and I'm just... What is it about this show* where a little boy getting pierced through the jaw is okay but a woman's body is verboten?

I'm a lady who's pretty aware of when a female char is being objectified for the audience and this ain't it, chief. A woman's body isn't sexual because it exists, loving hell.

Isn't she called the Love Pillar? If it's sexual then it's probably because of that rather than her just being a woman.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Das Boo posted:

i don't believe it's a thing and instead some anime news editor with a hangup is pushing an agenda

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011
It can't really be argued that Kanroji is not a fan service character, but she doesn't really act in any overtly sexual way at any point.

It's not like she's Maki. Her character design is meant to be sexy but that's about as far as it goes.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Finally got caught up. The fight scenes look crazy good, especially episode 10, but i feel it was a lot weaker than the first season just because it feels like it got bogged down a lot in drawn out fights. The first season felt like it had a lot more going on.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Then you probably won't like the rest of the "arcs" that are left because they're basically 99% centered around fights like this season was.

It sort of feels like the author at some point decided to stop expanding the worldbuilding and characters and just went all in on finishing the manga as soon as possible

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWAMTXfqer0

April 2023 for the next season of Demon Slayer, doing a special theatrical run of the end of the last season + start of this season in March.

Whimsicalfuckery
Sep 6, 2011

There's a movie out in Japan right now that is basically a recap of the end of the last season with episode 1 of season 3 thrown in.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/demon_slayer_kimetsu_no_yaiba_to_the_swordsmith_village

Looks like it's coming March 3rd for the west but I have no clue if that's streaming or just in theatres.

e: Going by the trailers it looks like it is just in theatres, bummer.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
I'm being told by some friends who have seen it that they are adding some additional scenes and animation to the last two episodes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Don't know if this is a top down mandate or something local but for some reason they're doing a lot more showings of the sub version versus dub. At my local theater the dub version gets one show a day at 10:30pm.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Whimsicalfuckery posted:

There's a movie out in Japan right now that is basically a recap of the end of the last season with episode 1 of season 3 thrown in.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/demon_slayer_kimetsu_no_yaiba_to_the_swordsmith_village

Looks like it's coming March 3rd for the west but I have no clue if that's streaming or just in theatres.

It's only like a month early by then anyway.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
Yeah, I bought tickets to this because I couldn't help myself.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

Whimsicalfuckery posted:

drat, thought it was an actual whole movie like mugen train :(

when is the actual season 3 suppose to air?

I feel like ufotable is doubledipping too much with having the mugen train movie, then just using it for the first half of season 2.

then now using the end of second half into a movie with one episode tacked on.

But I guess they really need to make up for the extra budget.

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Mar 3, 2023

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
This is not so unique, Attack On Titan did the exact same thing making a recap movie that lead into the first episode of the season showing in theaters for like one or two days (like this). It's not being shown longer then that unlike the train movie which was in the theaters for months.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

GateOfD posted:

when is the actual season 3 suppose to air?

Next season.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

So I watched it.

The advance screening DLC of the first episode is meh. Just a bunch of setup. Nothing worth having a big screen viewing for. Would fit perfect in like a showing across anime cons the next few months though.

And man, Demon Slayer is hype when its hype, but wow, is the humor the worst. The action and music is 9/10, and the human is the total opposite rank of like 2/10. Not gonna say much about the episode itself.

But man, rewatching the last two episodes of the Red Light District Arc on a huge screen with amazing speakers is a whole another experience. Not sure if they buffed the sound mixing, but man hearing it in the theatre was something else. I noticed so many beats I didn't before, and man the sounds of the sword strikes and bones crunching was so pronounced.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Yeah honestly I probably won't be able to see this in theaters but I'd go just to watch the end of last season on a big screen. It was amazing.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Went yesterday and yeah, the end of the Entertainment District arc is very impressive to see on a big screen. You can really tell that they're throwing a ton of money at this. One thing that was a little goofy about the viewing experience was how there were three sets of credits. They probably could have edited those out.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

muscles like this! posted:

Went yesterday and yeah, the end of the Entertainment District arc is very impressive to see on a big screen. You can really tell that they're throwing a ton of money at this. One thing that was a little goofy about the viewing experience was how there were three sets of credits. They probably could have edited those out.

yea I agree about the credits thing. and it even included the eye catches sequence when the anime would go on a commercial break. like really?

I kind of wish ufotable would go the Fate/Stay Night route and just put out long theatrical movies for the rest of the series.
Like imagine seeing for the first time with a bunch of other people Zenitsu's god-like speed in the theatres. It was still really crazy to see on there, and I replayed it many times on my own.

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Mar 5, 2023

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
The credits were the prefect time to get refills and bathroom breaks. More movies should have intermissions.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I forgot to warn my fiancé to make sure it was subbed, not dubbed.
We went to the dub showing.

LorneReams posted:

The credits were the prefect time to get refills and bathroom breaks. More movies should have intermissions.

I used the credits judiciously to get more beers. I was not the only one to do so.

The animation was great, the Infinity Castle sequence was super super cool. The dub was much more tolerable when it wasn’t a fight sequence and tiny nezuko was adorable, so I’m hype for the next season.
Even though it was the dub I’m not sad I saw it in theaters.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

jpn audio breathing forever

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

threeagainstfour posted:

The battle between Uzui and Tengen was so beautifully animated I had to clip it. I particularly love the bit where they are going at it, and as they are screaming at each other the camera keeps cutting back and forth from their faces to the battle until it is fully zoomed in on just their eyes.

I read the rules and I didn't see anything against sharing short clips from a show. Obviously spoilers for the fight if you haven't watched the latest episode.

EDIT: I went ahead and re-recorded it to capture the entire fight. New clip URL below if anyone wants to watch it. Be sure to click on the little gear icon and enable 1080p.

https://streamable.com/6c33qi

I'm late joining the thread but thank you for making that clip, because everyone on youtube keeps skipping around it and cutting poo poo out. The visualization of Uzui's score before he starts cutting through Gyutaro's blood art is a key part of the fight!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Shows coming back tomorrow.

Keyart is cool

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Bro that dude's got both a big rear end pimple AND an extremely receding hairline, demon genetics hosed that dude up

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Gologle posted:

Bro that dude's got both a big rear end pimple AND an extremely receding hairline, demon genetics hosed that dude up

Maybe he was that way before he turned into a demon, you don't know

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I think Eye Mouth and Mouth Eyes got it worse.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

I think Eye Mouth and Mouth Eyes got it worse.

He also appears to have traded 2 normal arms for 10 baby arms and I'm not sure that it was a good trade.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
That guy has the craziest form of any demon in the manga, and I can't wait to see him in motion.

Whimsicalfuckery
Sep 6, 2011

Does anyone know where this is going to be watchable? I'm not seeing it show up on Crunchyroll.

e: 10:45 AM PST its gonna be released.

Whimsicalfuckery fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Apr 9, 2023

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Thanks, just came to ask that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
So fun bit of trivia. According to extra materials Gyokko is actually Muzan’s favourite subordinate. Not cause of his personality or accomplishments though, but because the pots he makes are very high quality and beautiful, so Muzan can always sell them for a lot.