Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Nice Lords

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Back into the HH bullshit with an Iron Hand

Will this be a legion I stick with and actually paint up more of? Stay tuned to find out!

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

I'm really bad at accepting compliments, so I will just say thank you all.

Also I painted a praetor!

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

I'm really bad at accepting compliments, so I will just say thank you all.

Also I painted a praetor!

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Very nice work on that Iron Hand and on those Night Lords. Some great heresy work from y'all :)

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
Despoiler upgrades for the Mk6 marines announced, the problem is they're in resin

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/03/02/heresy-thursday-spice-up-your-legions-with-chainsaw-wielding-despoiler-squads/

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

£16 no doubt.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
This is the dumbest outcome.

Resin

Not enough to arm a squad

Extraneous poo poo

HH/10

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

JcDent posted:

Resin

Extraneous poo poo

HH/10

A destroyer squad is only 5 models

But yes, dumb as hell on all the other points

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
I feel like I'd prefer a dedicated unit box tbqh

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Mar 2, 2023

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Improbable Lobster posted:

I feel like I'd prefer a dedicate unit box tbqh

Despoiler box + separate jump pack kit would have been miles better, especially how everyone is thirsting for jet packs for their own custom builds.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

I really need to invest in a 3D printer

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

Lucinice posted:

I really need to invest in a 3D printer

its pretty great, self-inflicted scale creep issues aside.

Der Waffle Mous fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Mar 2, 2023

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Improbable Lobster posted:

I feel like I'd prefer a dedicate unit box tbqh

I suppose there's hope they do a dedicated assault squad box that works like the 40k assault squad one, where there's backpacks and jump packs in the same kit. That would cover both units, at least, and leave this for anyone who just wants a handful of chain swords and pistols.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
I have a theory on this:

They are going to do plastic despoilers, but it'll be for another armor mark. (I still think it'll be either Mark II or Mark V.) This kit, specifically, is for people who want Mark VI despoilers and who nerd out over things like which weapon patterns are most commonly associated with which armor marks. Notice that this is a new pattern of chainsword. The plastic despoilers will also get a set of resin arms with bolters, for people who want to turn that kit into tacticals.

Those resin bolter arms will also be overpriced.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Plastic MK2 and MK5 are 100% real. Quote this when they're released.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

TTerrible posted:

Plastic MK2 and MK5 are 100% real. Quote this when they're released.

:airquote:

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

"The resin arms weren't selling so we scrapped the plastic upgrade. But click here to be notified when the resin ones come back in stock."

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I don’t get the problem with them being in resin. As I’ve said before, Forgeworld’s casting is extremely good on their newer kits.

For a hobby that used to be 95% resin, you guys sure are being babies about this.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Maybe people prefer plastic glue for stronger bonds?

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

The Demilich posted:

Maybe people prefer plastic glue for stronger bonds?

I think some people would prefer going back to metal/plastic combo kits.

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Z the IVth posted:

You rang? :j:

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Z the IVth posted:

Look if I can't cause severe trauma by throwing a dreadnought at someone, then it's just not warhammer!

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Z the IVth posted:

There are days when a socknaught durable enough to be used as such would be nice.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Resin is extremely traumatic please be sensitive.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I've been working with resin so long I prefer it over plastic, but plastic has its merits too, especially when you heat it up with a ligther

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
Does gw put out the age of darkness reference sheet anywhere, or is there a good community created one? I have my first games coming up, and might have lost mine in a recent move.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

JcDent posted:

Resin

Extraneous poo poo

HH/10

agree 90% (I will NEVER turn down random rear end bits)

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

I hope those arms go well with the resin mkv, I know I’ve coveted a big despoiler squad in heresy armour to match the rest of my boys. MkV is the true armour choice for the discerning gentlemen.

Endman
May 18, 2010

The soothsayers have cast their bones and believe plastic mark V is in the cards

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

Can’t be the only one who upon getting the plastic Mkvi kit had the dawning moment of horror that I was unable to just get the hairdryer out to adjust the legs to sit appropriately on rubbly resin bases.

:negative:

BirdieBedtime
Apr 1, 2011
Where are the power spears, gw!?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Ristolaz posted:

(I will NEVER turn down random rear end bits)

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

Endman posted:

I don’t get the problem with them being in resin. As I’ve said before, Forgeworld’s casting is extremely good on their newer kits.

For a hobby that used to be 95% resin, you guys sure are being babies about this.

As someone new to buying from FG I've found that the experience of buying from there vs the main GW site is way worse. The shipping is also like double the cost and doesn't have the option to get free shipping to a local store.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Endman posted:

The problem is that FW resin is direct only FW exclusive, never in stock, expensive (compared to plastic,) expensive to ship overseas (compared to free,) bendy and bubbly and greasy, easily hosed up, hard to glue, and hates some primers.

It's worth putting up with all that poo poo for a single Centurion Mario Maximo of the Ultramarine niche corner-case guard.

For arms that make up an essential component of a core unit for most armies in the game, this sucks and was a poor choice. Does that sound like unreasonable baby sounds?

Bored Online posted:

Does gw put out the age of darkness reference sheet anywhere, or is there a good community created one? I have my first games coming up, and might have lost mine in a recent move.

I got two in my box, if you're in the US shoot me a PM.

Endman
May 18, 2010

moths posted:

bendy and bubbly and greasy, easily hosed up, hard to glue, and hates some primers.

Their newer kits have none of these problems in my experience.

Also I’ve never had a problem gluing together their older stuff either; what are you using?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

It's not as bad a problem with gel super glue. The most recent kit I bought was a FW Gatling Blastgun for AT and it sucks compared to plastic or what I've been resin printing.

It's got soft detail and the glue didn't hold to the surface after about an 18" fall. My knife squeaked through the material and nicked off a section I wasn't trying to.

Like, if I didn't get it from FW I'd think it was a knockoff.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That’s super disappointing, I’m sorry you experienced that. I haven’t had any experience with the AT resin kits, but it sucks to hear they’re like that. All my experiences with the newer HH kits has been great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

moths posted:

It's not as bad a problem with gel super glue. The most recent kit I bought was a FW Gatling Blastgun for AT and it sucks compared to plastic or what I've been resin printing.

It's got soft detail and the glue didn't hold to the surface after about an 18" fall. My knife squeaked through the material and nicked off a section I wasn't trying to.

Like, if I didn't get it from FW I'd think it was a knockoff.

Sounds like you got a half-cured dud. Model resin has no reason to be squeaky. Someone at FW botched the amount of hardener they put in that batch of resin.