Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is last to drop out of the primary before trump is nominated?
This poll is closed.
desantis 128 29.91%
rubio 33 7.71%
haley 57 13.32%
goku 210 49.07%
Total: 358 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXQVoJdDdBg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

actually that twitter exchange that bebop posted is a good example of what we were discussing a couple days ago, about how monumental assholes like Elon or Scott Adams end up mingling with the far right because that's the one place where being an insufferable, impossible-to-talk-to rear end in a top hat is a credit and not a liability and they'll pretty much accept anyone into their ranks

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Bearjew posted:

oh plonkey is back

he's back and he expects to be paid

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
I'm getting stoked on the movie just remembering it.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

the senior should have just made fun of his bald head and stupid face and how his last name is petty and his first name isnt tom so he's lame and taking out his rage on school kids because he was and still is a major dork nerd bitch that got made fun of in high school. that's all these people understand

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/abughazalehkat/status/1631673759898783744
https://twitter.com/abughazalehkat/status/1631681635149045763

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Consummate Professional posted:

the justice for all song worked, plinkey is free

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys

tacodaemon posted:

I think that understanding what she's going on about here depends on whether you know what the word "talking" means (in a finding-a-partner context) to people under ~30ish today. since I do know what it means in that context I can understand her point, but if I were the sort of old person who didn't know that meaning then I would also be perplexed I think

https://twitter.com/AliEzzoBezzo/status/1631318949181759488

I say "like" sometimes and I know it's a Young Person thing but holy poo poo she said "like" so much it actually annoyed me

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
Bad news, goons:

https://twitter.com/JamesMartinSJ/status/1631659898059513857?s=20

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.
Plinkey you should ask ChatGPT for helpful advice on how to do captcha integration

and please in the name of tmriup do not opt-in to the "Click on every image with a toilet" feature

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

bebop esq posted:

I say "like" sometimes and I know it's a Young Person thing but holy poo poo she said "like" so much it actually annoyed me

true, she doesn't have the kind of off-the-cuff articulateness to be yapping on the radio (or podcast or whatever that is)

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys

Buddykins posted:

the senior should have just made fun of his bald head and stupid face and how his last name is petty and his first name isnt tom so he's lame and taking out his rage on school kids because he was and still is a major dork nerd bitch that got made fun of in high school. that's all these people understand

i'm gonna give ryan a fuckin swirlie next time i'm in florida (which is never)

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?

Bethamphetamine posted:

A tollywood movie with 2 very straight heterosexual best buddies. Not homoerotic at all. Just two bros being bros. Heterosexual choreographed dance. Long stretches of looking into eachothers' eyes.

Also they beat the poo poo out of colonizing british barbarians
i dare anyone not to pump a fist when you get to the title reveal only 45 or so minutes into the movie.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I’ll integrate your captchas all right

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

the no drive list

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Buddykins posted:

when they go low we go high!

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

didn't Umberto Eco say something along the lines of you can always tell a fascist movement because they make it not just acceptable but a winning strategy to be a shameless obnoxious rear end in a top hat in public without even trying to put on a friendly face for PR reasons

he didn't phrase it like that but that was the gist

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

i could go for some nachos

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
code:

function pastaFacts() {
  let pastaFacts = ["The word “pasta” is derived from the Greek word for “barley porridge,” which is an important source of nutrition in the Mediterranean diet.", "Italians eat an average of 61.2 pounds of pasta per person each year.", "Ancient Greeks and Romans ate a lot of pasta, but they didn’t have a fork to eat it.", "The four main types of pasta are smooth, flat, filled and extruded. Pastas made with eggs are considered filled pastas.", "Italy is the world’s leader in pasta consumption, followed closely by Tunisia and Venezuela. The United States is not even in the top 10."];
  let randomFact = pastaFacts[Math.floor(Math.random() * pastaFacts.length)];
  return randomFact;
}

pastaFacts();

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

bebop esq posted:

Once an Italian guy quietly asked me why Americans say "like" so often and what does it mean

I was going to make a PFC joke about that but I can't think of one

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

is this from the hit movie Jesus Revolution

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Welcome back Plinkey

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Bethamphetamine posted:

The democrats are going to sick their way into losing the majority

SHINGLES DOESN'T CARE

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

AxGrap posted:

code:
function pastaFacts() {
  let pastaFacts = ["The word “pasta” is derived from the Greek word for “barley porridge,” which is an important source of nutrition in the Mediterranean diet.", "Italians eat an average of 61.2 pounds of pasta per person each year.", "Ancient Greeks and Romans ate a lot of pasta, but they didn’t have a fork to eat it.", "The four main types of pasta are smooth, flat, filled and extruded. Pastas made with eggs are considered filled pastas.", "Italy is the world’s leader in pasta consumption, followed closely by Tunisia and Venezuela. The United States is not even in the top 10."];
  let randomFact = pastaFacts[Math.floor(Math.random() * pastaFacts.length)];
  return randomFact;
}

pastaFacts();

In Italian "pasta" also is used to refer to bread dough; in fact it literally means "dough" and is a close cognate of English "paste".

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

Pascallion posted:

i dare anyone not to pump a fist when you get to the title reveal only 45 or so minutes into the movie.

that's right

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys

VideoKid posted:

when they go low we go high!

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys

Mustached Demon posted:

SHINGLES DOESN'T CARE

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

bebop esq posted:

https://twitter.com/ProudTwinkie/status/1631462422199320577

The appropriately named Ryan Petty, a member of the FL state board of education, is arguing dickishly with an 18-year-old student organizer and activist & President of Queer Student Union in his state. You love to see it, folks.

Homeless Teacher is good though, it'll help HS kids if they can learn the skills to be homeless early on

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

you FOOL! you utter BUFFOON!

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Plinkey posted:

everyone is so bad at git

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

:rip:

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

"Blessed are the big noses"

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/mattduss/status/1631680729330450435

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)
RRR loving rules

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

it's especially galling how cheerfully MTG smiles while describing how she intends to irrevocably destroy trans kids' lives

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

What if I’m ANGRY at the RADICAL LEFT DEMOCRATS for trying to make everyone a gay communist?

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

tacodaemon posted:

it's especially galling how cheerfully MTG smiles while describing how she intends to irrevocably destroy trans kids' lives

that’s because she’s not got any empathy, op

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Schmoe Cwead posted:

the no drive list

Ford only wants to turn off non-essential features of the car; if it were Tesla they'd be turning off the brakes mid-drive

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

bebop esq posted:

The appropriately named Ryan Petty, a member of the FL state board of education, is arguing dickishly with an 18-year-old student organizer and activist & President of Queer Student Union in his state. You love to see it, folks.

oh, also:

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

https://twitter.com/dril/status/1631685932402503680?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

matt do you really think this owns them