Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Scuttlebutt is the replacement isn't much better regarding NFTs, they maybe doubling down harder, but I can't fully verify it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Hunter Noventa posted:

Scuttlebutt is the replacement isn't much better regarding NFTs, they maybe doubling down harder, but I can't fully verify it.

The language on the document is pretty much spelling it out. Embracing new technologies can't mean much else these days.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Nonsense! It can mean cheating your art and writing teams out of what scraps you throw their way, with the power of AI!

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

It's a bit of a wash what the new president will be like until we see some business action. There's an annoying amount of crypto evangelism in the comments in that tweet regardless.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Thinking about returning to this game after 4/5 ? years or so and i have a couple of questions.

1. Would love to hear feedback from anybody who has played on both steam deck and playstation: do you have a preference? performance? etc. For tedious reasons desktop is not an option for me. I realize that I'll have to buy licenses on playstation.
2. Any good current video guides on how to set up for controller play? I'm assuming stuff has changed in the past 5 years. Didn't see anything in OP on scan.
3. I'm sick in the head and want to start a new character. It has been approximately 1000 years since I went through all the old stuff. How has the experience changed for ARR to current?
4. Was anything as cool/funny in shb raids after titan car

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I would say the rest of that raid series and the Nier Raids are very cool/funny.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.
I haven't played on playstation but I have on my Deck and it's a fine experience. I'd recommend using the XIVLauncher even if you don't want to use any addons: https://goatcorp.github.io/faq/steamdeck.html. You probably will want to manually max out the GPU clock if you do this, the scheduler and XIV sort of conspire to keep framerates kinda low.

There's a detailed text guide for controllers here: https://www.akhmorning.com/resources/controller-guide/#about-this-guide; I don't have a video guide handy

ARR to current is faster of course, also you'll need to do Crystal Tower before you can move on to Heavensward which is a change made a couple years back.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Sleng Teng posted:

3. I'm sick in the head and want to start a new character. It has been approximately 1000 years since I went through all the old stuff. How has the experience changed for ARR to current?

There's New Game+ now so you can keep your character and go through old stuff again without losing progress or limited time items (just put the XV car in Moogle tomes smh Square).

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Also if group play isn’t your style they expanded the trust system for all story dungeons up through Heavensward and its patches.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

A lot of the older dungeons/solo duties have been revamped recently too. Most are much better.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Sleng Teng posted:

Thinking about returning to this game after 4/5 ? years or so and i have a couple of questions.

1. Would love to hear feedback from anybody who has played on both steam deck and playstation: do you have a preference? performance? etc. For tedious reasons desktop is not an option for me. I realize that I'll have to buy licenses on playstation.
2. Any good current video guides on how to set up for controller play? I'm assuming stuff has changed in the past 5 years. Didn't see anything in OP on scan.

There's a number of advantages to PC play including aesthetic mods and the speed of kb+ m usage but I am a console player with no intent on changing that.

Can you use mods w steam deck? No idea! The setup for PS5 controller play is fairly intuitive and easy but I can't push legacy controls hard enough

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Sleng Teng posted:

The weirdest part about playing with a controller is that you basically need a mouse to get your HUD set up the way you like it, since tapping and dragging HUD elements with the touchpad on a DS4/5 is a frustrating experience.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

A Steam Deck is just a little PC with a built in controller and there are instructions for installing XIVLauncher on it so most of the mods probably work fine. Graphics mods might be a bit much for its wee GPU

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

thanks for the replies folks! luckily I don't really plan on using mods so that isn't a concern.

this guide looks great, thanks!

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Sleng Teng posted:

Eden 5-8 is pretty great, 9-12 not so much.

Edit: The Endwalker raids have been very good. Both alliance raids are extremely cool. Normal raid 5 is pretty funny. Normal 4 is also extremely "cool" for certain definitions of cool.

Failboattootoot fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Mar 3, 2023

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Cactrot posted:

The weirdest part about playing with a controller is that you basically need a mouse to get your HUD set up the way you like it, since tapping and dragging HUD elements with the touchpad on a DS4/5 is a frustrating experience.

You can move HUD elements around with the sticks.

The only things I never need to whip out the mouse for are manually resizing the chat window (rarely) and fine housing adjustments like floating furniture. And Lord of Verminion if I ever get a bug in me to play it.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Cactrot posted:

I believe it's L1+ R3 to enable virtual mouse , where a thumbstick acts as a mouse pointer and you can easily click and drag elements

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Thundarr posted:

The only things I never need to whip out the mouse for are manually resizing the chat window (rarely) and fine housing adjustments like floating furniture. And Lord of Verminion if I ever get a bug in me to play it.

I'm gonna need the mouse whenever I try and get the rail shooter manderville achievement

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
That is impossible to get done with a controller

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
The ability to control such a complex system and game with a controller so naturally and fluidly is still nothing short of amazing, console ux and ui designers should absolutely study how it was done any time they want to find more best practices

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Thundarr posted:

hazardousmouse posted:

I believe it's L1+ R3 to enable virtual mouse , where a thumbstick acts as a mouse pointer and you can easily click and drag elements

I feel as though I wasted a lot of time and frustration getting my PS5 set up just right and I should have just posted about it.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Cactrot posted:

I feel as though I wasted a lot of time and frustration getting my PS5 set up just right and I should have just posted about it.

Yeah just post. You can play for years and years and still discover little qol things you never knew existed

One of mine was the de-aggro option on training dummies. I was running out of their radius to de-aggro for so long lol

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013
I only recently learned you can hold ctrl when mousing over aetheryte on the map to bring it to the top if there's quest markers all around it. No more trying to find the perfect pixel to click the aetheryte or finding it in the lists on the teleport menu!

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Up/down on dpad runs through your party list for targeting, l1+up/down goes through the agro list. While Holding a direction to run/fly, press l1 then immediately let go of both for cruise control. Set up a targeting filter in user settings and create a filter just for npcs and interactive objects then you never have trouble during patch time crowds. With chat window open alt+letter changes which channel you're using. F for fc, s for say, h for shout, r to reply to previous whisper

Ugly John
Jul 18, 2009
[img]https://forums.somethingawful.com/attachment.php?postid=514899866[/img]

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Yeah just post. You can play for years and years and still discover little qol things you never knew existed

One of mine was the de-aggro option on training dummies. I was running out of their radius to de-aggro for so long lol

To be fair to you, I'm fairly sure that feature was added within the last expansion or so. It definitely hasn't always been there.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Dreamboum/status/1631734566070173698?t=Zo_Pa1LxdWVuj9bYjaYyHw&s=19

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

Sleng Teng posted:

Thinking about returning to this game after 4/5 ? years or so

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rqxy3yjpUb1rrbe5p.mp4

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Where's that OF guy who think Yoshida and YoshiP are two different people?

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
won't lie, I thought you meant only fans guy for a second there.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Lol. Appreciate you :cheersdoge:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Am I right that we expect the new Manderville weapons to be 625, same as current trial? And does the current Savage tier get Echo now or does that come with the lockout removal later?

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

The most comparable relic weapon steps from previous expansions were equivalent to the augmented tomestone weapons at the time, so personally I'm guessing the new step(s) will end up at 630.

I think the echo is later but I'm not sure.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
does this mean a new bozja type area will happen for Manderville?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Zeruel posted:

Gold Saucer Southern Front

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Zeruel posted:

Might be neat, but I suspect it'll be more like the ARR and HW relics, focusing on redoing old content.

I'd like to be wrong though.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Antivehicular posted:

Gold Saucer Southern Front

Leap of Faithnor

The Mahjongriada

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

You just buy the materials for a total of 2,000,000 MGP

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Any Way The Wind Blows (Savage)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Zeruel posted:

They've outright said no new Bozja this expansion.