Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

“Everyone gets everything he wants. I wanted a Funko Pop, and for my sins, they gave me tons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

“Everyone gets everything he wants. I wanted a Funko Pop, and for my sins, they gave me tons.

There’s the new thread title.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Shiftypenguin posted:

This is somehow not surprising:

https://kotaku.com/funko-pop-spider-man-harry-potter-post-malone-pokemon-1850178280

TL;DR: Funko is bleeding money storing unsold Pops so they're gonna dump millions of dollars of inventory in a landfill as a writeoff.

Right where they belong!

Joe Fisto posted:

May and her boytoy are up. 50 bucks seems cheap these days. Especially compared to that 75 dollar Black Series two pack that was announced this week.

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1631354475884470303?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

It’s funny how I posted I wanted a Spider Woman and a Doctor Octopus, and they announced new versions of both the very next day, and they’re both (to me) super disappointing. See, I don’t want beefcake Doc Ock with armor plating, I want fatass Doc Ock in a cheesy jumpsuit. I also don’t need an Aunt May action figure. Anyway that guy’s not hard to find on eBay. I’m happy for anyone who was waiting for these specific toys.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
This might be the end all be all McFarlane Batman

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1631429280138772485?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

Timmy!

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1631414589685481481?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
I've been collecting a few of those dumb Funko Vinyl Gold figures, and they have the "Chance of Chase" thing where there's a weird variant of each figure. Apparently it's one in six?

I guess the idea is that you might get lucky and find one put out on a shelf. But I'm thinking in reality it doesn't really work? Especially with bigger figures where shops don't have many on a shelf? What about when ordering online?

Surely most of those variants never make it near a shelf - I'd think that managers or staff would probably keep them for themselves right? Maybe it works better for like the Star Wars Micro Galaxy sets where the variant Luke is so tiny it might not get noticed.

Not a big deal, just wondering. I was thinking of picking up a Snoop Dogg and I see there's a variant of him with a dog's head and that would actually annoy me if I got that haha.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Oh poo poo, back brace Bruce!

Man between the ET Atari cartridges and millions of Funko pops, future alien historians are gonna be wondering what the gently caress we were up to.

Still hoping they see all the Jesus is coming billboards and think he ate us all.

Medieval spawn looks lovely. They took a clean design of a knight and turned it into some weirdass fantasy level bullshit.

Sinn's first pic looks like he's farting.

The big guy is just... Boring. He's like if bane came back as spawn but had to leave behind anything that made him vaguely interesting. He looks like the start of a project, and you'd be adding things to it to make it look cooler or more interesting.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Mar 3, 2023

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Oh poo poo, back brace Bruce!

Man between the ET Atari cartridges and millions of Funko pops, future alien historians are gonna be wondering what the gently caress we were up to.

Still hoping they see all the Jesus is coming billboards and think he ate us all.

They'll be like "Well, did he come, or what?"

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Any chance a teen Tim figure would be short enough to fit into a 6” display?

That Batman looks alright. I still hate McFarlane’s gummy plastic, pinned joints, and ridiculous scale but if they released that Batman in black/gray with the solid black bat emblem, I’d buy it…on sale.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Nanigans posted:

Any chance a teen Tim figure would be short enough to fit into a 6” display?

Not sure how tall the figure is. I skipped the red suit Tim which is the same body

Also reminder the Haulathon stuff goes up tomorrow on Target’s site, 6am west coast(best coast) time.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
The new Earthworm Jim figures are up for pre order, and they look pretty drat good.

Unfortunately, the creator of said character is a total shithead, so I refuse to support him.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

If McFarlane toys had soft goods capes etc my interest would spike as much as their cost would

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Finally got some figures from the ObiWan show. They look good.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

The Last Call posted:

The new Earthworm Jim figures are up for pre order, and they look pretty drat good.

Unfortunately, the creator of said character is a total shithead, so I refuse to support him.

I’m also kind of in that situation. I love Earthworm Jim and I honestly love all that guy’s art, he’s fuckin brilliant as an artist, but he’s also fuckin awful as a person, and it’s like, emotionally confusing. At least he’s not really that much of a public figure, most people haven’t heard of him, so his bullshit has a lot less of a reach than his art. Not really equivalent to a JK Rowling situation.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

The Last Call posted:

I thought he didn't have the rights anymore and doesn't profit from the franchise?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Is it just the one figure or a whole line? I still have all my 90s figures.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Was there ever an Olivia Octavius action figure?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Claw Shredder arrived. Good figure.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I’m also kind of in that situation. I love Earthworm Jim and I honestly love all that guy’s art, he’s fuckin brilliant as an artist, but he’s also fuckin awful as a person, and it’s like, emotionally confusing. At least he’s not really that much of a public figure, most people haven’t heard of him, so his bullshit has a lot less of a reach than his art. Not really equivalent to a JK Rowling situation.

For what it's worth, Tennapel no longer owns or I believe makes any money from EWJ. He sold the character to Interplay years ago and is not involved at all in the new show or game that are being worked on, so it's a little less icky than Harry Potter stuff.

https://www.cartoonbrew.com/series/the-controversial-creator-of-earthworm-jim-isnt-involved-in-the-new-spin-off-series-210772.html

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Fish Of Doom posted:

For what it's worth, Tennapel no longer owns or I believe makes any money from EWJ. He sold the character to Interplay years ago and is not involved at all in the new show or game that are being worked on, so it's a little less icky than Harry Potter stuff.

https://www.cartoonbrew.com/series/the-controversial-creator-of-earthworm-jim-isnt-involved-in-the-new-spin-off-series-210772.html

Even if he's making any money off it, he 's just another weird right-wing crank talking poo poo on twitter and doesn't have much of a reach beyond that, you know? You never hear his name in the news like Rowling or the Dilbert dude, he's not really doing anything to advance his lovely agenda in the world, he just sits in a corner quietly being a lovely guy and making cool art.

Full disclosure: At some point before I knew anything about his lovely beliefs I followed his facebook page for a while, and he literally posted nothing but art, he never said a single bad thing, it was just "here's what I made today." You would never guess from his facebook page that he is a terrible bigot. I basically unfollowed him on principle, when I learned the kind of bullshit he's on as a person, but he kind of doesn't mix that stuff with his work. Most lovely right-wing cranks don't make cool art, so he's got one up on them.

It's just really too bad he has made his opinions known to the extent that he has, and really tarnished whatever legacy he might otherwise have. Like even if he never sees another dime from Earthworm Jim, there's that negativity just generally associated with the character forever.

Anyway, the new Earthworm Jim toys look great. It's basically the toy line I always wanted. I haven't preordered them, mostly because of the cost, but also because of, you might say, the eternal taint of TenNapel.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Well that NECA TMNT Accessory Set sold out while I had it in my cart. At 602 am. They went live at 601 am.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Joe Fisto posted:

Well that NECA TMNT Accessory Set sold out while I had it in my cart. At 602 am. They went live at 601 am.

That’s what you get for supporting NECA TMNT product instead of demanding more Predators like a sensible person :colbert:

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Xenomrph posted:

That’s what you get for supporting NECA TMNT product instead of demanding more Predators like a sensible person :colbert:

But I just really like the Mezco Pred I have. I’m sorry.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Xenomrph posted:

I'm surprised they haven't gone back to their older Preds and rereleased them with updated tooling. That seems like an easy money get for them until they can get off their butts and do something new.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Orange Piccolo is up on bbts for preorder, but 140 seems steep for it.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Orange Piccolo is up on bbts for preorder, but 140 seems steep for it.

$140????

Why would you go with BBTS at this point, anyway? It's $85 + $10 shipping from P-Bandai. Even with tax, it's less than that.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Seriously! Especially if you happened to get Beast Gohan through P Bandai, you get a free shipping coupon for the big guy

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

BBTS getting those people who don’t want to pay up front.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Nanigans posted:

$140????

Why would you go with BBTS at this point, anyway? It's $85 + $10 shipping from P-Bandai. Even with tax, it's less than that.

Hah, thanks for the tip!

E: lmao p-bandai won't ship to Canada. Welp!

DJ Fuckboy Supreme fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Mar 3, 2023

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I honestly kinda like that P Bandai takes money up front, keeps me more honest with budgeting and makes me second-guess what I’m preordering.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Shiftypenguin posted:

I'm surprised they haven't gone back to their older Preds and rereleased them with updated tooling. That seems like an easy money get for them until they can get off their butts and do something new.

They have been, they’ve just been insanely loving slow about it and doing it like 2-3 a year. They’re working their way through the Predator 2 Lost Tribe Preds and they still have 2 to go.

They were meant to be released for Predator 2’s 30th anniversary, and the packaging specifically calls out that fact.

The 30th anniversary was in 2020 lol

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Hah, thanks for the tip!

E: lmao p-bandai won't ship to Canada. Welp!

Try Nin-Nin-Game. It's what I used.

Considering P-Bandai was $85, add in 7% tax, so about $91, plus the $10 shipping (I didn't get Beast Gohan from them), it comes out to $101.

With Nin-Nin-Game, using upgraded DHL shipping, it came out to $107 and I get it 1-2 months earlier.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

This thing looks cool!

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1631719719026794504?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

Unrelated to the cool monster, but I’m excited because my InArt Ledger Joker is getting ready to ship. It’s an amazing looking figure and I thought I’d just not have that Joker in the collection after missing the HT one years ago.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I really wanted the InArt Joker but it turned out to be way too expensive for me. I have the Hot Toys one so the only reason I would get a new one would be the more realistic rooted hair, which admittedly looks fantastic, but unfortunately they only sold it in a $1,000 2-pack. I just couldn't justify it.

I will be getting their Aragorn though, it looks incredible and its a price point I can swallow.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Colonel Whitey posted:

I really wanted the InArt Joker but it turned out to be way too expensive for me. I have the Hot Toys one so the only reason I would get a new one would be the more realistic rooted hair, which admittedly looks fantastic, but unfortunately they only sold it in a $1,000 2-pack. I just couldn't justify it.

I will be getting their Aragorn though, it looks incredible and its a price point I can swallow.

Yeah, and because of the weight, the shipping prices were in the triple digits. Crazy.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I opted for the single pack sculpted hair Joker. I don’t know specifically what OneSixthKit charged for shipping but it didn’t seem too bad.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Joe Fisto posted:

I opted for the single pack sculpted hair Joker. I don’t know specifically what OneSixthKit charged for shipping but it didn’t seem too bad.

The thing with the double pack is the insane metal and wood prison cell base. Shipping prices are based on weight, so it was a monster.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

McFarlane previewed an 89 Batmobile today! :shepspends:

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Holy poo poo my bbts order for silverhawks ultimate processed. It finally happened, here's hoping it doesn't suck!

gregday
May 23, 2003

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

McFarlane previewed an 89 Batmobile today! :shepspends:

As we get closer to the Flash movie we are going to see so much 89 Batman merch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

gregday posted:

As we get closer to the Flash movie we are going to see so much 89 Batman merch.

This statue gives a good look at the costume

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1631705326490664960?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ