Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

They need to call Caggiula back up to have three players that were too lovely to be on the loving oilers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

Plus Jeff Petry

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

The Golden Man posted:

They need to call Caggiula back up to have three players that were too lovely to be on the loving oilers

Yeah but the Pens don't have Oilers coaching

although even Sullivan couldn't fix Jack Johnson so there are limits here

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Number19 posted:

It’s amazing to me that once again the Canucks management believes that are a couple of pieces away from contention. Every year they are just a couple of pieces away. No one is fooled and the rest of the league knows how badly run this team is and are happy to take advantage of it.

The only thing which will work is for the fans to walk away and they seem like they are getting ready to do that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Po4adxJxqZk

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

Ginette Reno posted:

How has Josh Archibald been playing

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

The Golden Man posted:

How has Josh Archibald been playing

55% xgoals 5v5 and my man has been drawing a lot of penalties.

I thought the signing was dumb as heck but somehow they made that work

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Look, this is the kind of poo poo that shows up on my timeline that has me laughing

https://twitter.com/vindestefano1/status/1631723983799238656?s=46&t=ZmcWuigp8va-srUE4rOQ8Q

This was apparently about Philly shopping JVR for a third rounder but like lmao at this guy making up a weird hypothetical situation then getting himself into a tizzy about it. That poo poo is hilarious.

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

Ginette Reno posted:

55% xgoals 5v5 and my man has been drawing a lot of penalties.

I thought the signing was dumb as heck but somehow they made that work

Get the gently caress outta town really

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Now that he isn't trying to prove that covid is a deep state hoax Archibald can focus on hockey

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

Colour me shocked that guy sucked loving rear end

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Ginette Reno posted:

That's Stanley Cup Champion Jack Johnson.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Christ Kent Hughes is really gonna not trade any of our poo poo huh

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

1 hour to go folks

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

The Golden Man posted:

yeah he's got no hands and he just runs around hitting poo poo so i dont quite understand the 55 xgoals part but i guess it's working

the only thing he does visibly well that my eyes can attest to is draw penalties

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Ginette Reno posted:

yeah he's got no hands and he just runs around hitting poo poo so i dont quite understand the 55 xgoals part but i guess it's working

the only thing he does visibly well that my eyes can attest to is draw penalties

Ok that sounds like the same guy in Edmonton minus the xgoals

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

please, kyle

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

The Golden Man posted:

He's been better than expected yes. 80% D zone start with positive goals for. Go out there, get a zone exit, get the puck deep, and get off the ice without being scored on. Working pretty well. Him and Poehling had something solid going earlier in the year, but both were in/out of the lineup a fair amount with Poehling missing for a while now.

That said he was a 'failed' Pens player before he was a failed Oiler :P

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

Amazing. The JT Miller saga takes another turn.

AntiDepressor
Jun 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/sanjosesharks/status/1631728719156101121?s=46&t=4J8ZAFVtk2edwduCCklmrg

Habs got more for retaining than SJ got for the actual player lol

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Koopa Kid posted:

please, kyle

What do you want? Maybe another goalie?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

One of the Sportsnet talking heads last night said Kyle made sure to leave exactly enough cap space to fit in both Kerfoot and Murray, so temper your expectations accordingly.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

At least the boring as poo poo deadline day this year is because the days prior to deadline day were interesting.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Arivia posted:

What do you want? Maybe another goalie?

I would prefer Kerfoot be replaced with someone who actually does things or fits in somewhere. But yeah the plan could easily be to keep this roster and bring Knies in and call it a day.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

eXXon posted:

One of the Sportsnet talking heads last night said Kyle made sure to leave exactly enough cap space to fit in both Kerfoot and Murray, so temper your expectations accordingly.

idk if that's kyle i think that's more pridham, but yeah

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Seriously though I don't know how they plan to manage rostering 9D every night and keep everybody they acquired fresh and happy, 11F 7D feels like a compromise not a real roster and that still means benching two of Timmins/Liljegren/Schenn/Gustafsson/Holl

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Apparently Greenway to Buffalo for a 2nd and 5th

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Simplex posted:

Thank goodness.

Sorry Buffalo, guy is big but doesn't seem motivated to do anything with his size or hands this year.

E: Also https://twitter.com/hayyyshayyy/status/1631735798717460481?s=20

Jhet fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Mar 3, 2023

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Koopa Kid posted:

Seriously though I don't know how they plan to manage rostering 9D every night and keep everybody they acquired fresh and happy, 11F 7D feels like a compromise not a real roster and that still means benching two of Timmins/Liljegren/Schenn/Gustafsson/Holl

You gotta keep everybody hungry and unhappy competing for a spot on the roster.

Never let them bounce back, if they gently caress up, scratch them.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Who the gently caress is Dryden Hunt

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Koopa Kid posted:

Remember Denis Malgin?

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Koopa Kid posted:

the literal definition of replacement level player imo. but at least probably not a minus 4th liner

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Koopa Kid posted:

Analytics darling 4th liner who stinks.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Simplex posted:

Jhet posted:

Thank goodness.

Sorry Buffalo, guy is big but doesn't seem motivated to do anything with his size or hands this year.

He played under Donny G in the USA development program and was teammates with Tage Thompson. Don clearly thinks he can fix Greenway. Sounds like he might find some motivation here?

They also did an AHL defenseman swap with Anaheim.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Koopa Kid posted:

lovely random 4th liner that came up with the Panthers. Basically Denis Malgin as eXXon said.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Matt Zerella posted:

Analytics darling 4th liner who stinks.

No, that's Denis Malgin. He's in Colorado now, along with Brad Hunt (no relation to Dryden).

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/antsanphilly/status/1631740807047774211?t=uwjzmbczvn_d8aqvmtipta&s=19

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Koopa Kid posted:

Rangers waived him earlier in the year. Colorado claimed him, then traded him to Toronto for Denis Malgin

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/1631740587396268037
hrm

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

He played under Donny G in the USA development program and was teammates with Tage Thompson. Don clearly thinks he can fix Greenway. Sounds like he might find some motivation here?

They also did an AHL defenseman swap with Anaheim.

I hope so, he has a good shot, but he's just kind of been coasting this year and it's not fun to see. Absolutely dominant defensively last year, still decent this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

https://twitter.com/_NickRichard/status/1631740585341059084

gently caress yeah! It's Zohorna time!

(the Marlies need forwards I guess although it's 1 for 1 so)