Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is last to drop out of the primary before trump is nominated?
This poll is closed.
desantis 128 29.91%
rubio 33 7.71%
haley 57 13.32%
goku 210 49.07%
Total: 358 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
CPAC as a daily, roving festival which moves from city to city

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Jon Irenicus posted:

is Plinkey back? how are Pickle and Pepper. I'm expecting both doubled in size

he posted a picture
both cats looking round

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 365 days!

William Bear posted:

Who is Angela Belcamino? Is she like the anti-Nick Adams?

actually, you know what? yes, yes she is

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

VideoKid posted:

he posted a picture
both cats looking round

Pickle and Pepper status: fat and sassy

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
Lol

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/JuliaSerano/status/1629357292671074306
https://twitter.com/cambrian_era/status/1629884615597932546
https://twitter.com/cambrian_era/status/1629885985344618497

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004
the true test of cpac will be if trump can manage to pack the arena when he makes his appearance

otherwise the folks that skipped it were probably doing so for good reason

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

:hmmyes:

https://twitter.com/cambrian_era/status/1631683247716597762

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
Given any president return their most relevant war crime

code:

function warCrime(president) {
  if (president == "Bush") {
    return "Iraq"
  } else if (president == "Obama") {
    return "Syria"
  } else if (president == "Trump") {
    return "Yemen"
  } else {
    return "unknown"
  }
}

code:

function getWarCrime(president) {
  if (president === "Trump") {
    return "droning children"
  }
  if (president === "Lincoln") {
    return "Violating the constitution"
  }
  if (president === "Washington") {
    return "slavery"
  }
  return "unknown"
}

getWarCrime("Trump")

code:

function getWarCrime(president){
    switch(president.toUpperCase()){
        case "GEORGE WASHINGTON":
            return "Killing many native Americans";
        case "ABRAHAM LINCOLN":
            return "Killing black people was his favorite past time";
        case "DONALD TRUMP":
            return "Killing many brown people";
        default:
            return "We don't know what this president did.";
    }

}

getCrime("Donald Trump")

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Schmoe Cwead posted:

they miss the days when they could complain about political correctness so they just rebranded it

I think you are onto something there

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
they settled on woke as the new term because white people love stealing from black people

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Greg Legg posted:

I might be misremembering but a few years ago (maybe before Trump got elected) didn't saying you were "woke" mean you knew the truth about poo poo like 9/11 and OKC.

No, you are right. I remember there being a lot of tweets getting shown around about "how I was awokened" or something. And "what made me wake up." That was what, about 3-4 years ago?

Daniel Dales Dick
Apr 8, 2020

”With the coldest winter ever recorded, with snow setting record levels up and down the coast, the Nobel committee should take the Nobel Prize back from Al Gore"

His latest video is about this. They're going to revitalize rural America somehow. Donald Johnald Trum has invented the first rural city, and people are going wild!

https://sp.rmbl.ws/s8/2/E/4/M/x/E4Mxi.caa.mp4

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/mariasacchetti/status/1631738415245918220

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

DryGoods posted:

you would, at best, look Wildly Incompetent.

In capital letters, Wildly Incompetent

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

I don’t like the facts so they must be wrong
I’m a smart journalist

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
why did human beings stop building things like this?

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Koirhor posted:

woke building inspectors

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Koirhor posted:

The best part about that saga was his home's assessed value going down after a county official went to look at his additions

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

tacodaemon posted:

"no child should be learning about anything sexual from a teacher"

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1631735973775114246

Is that Lara Trump? She looks rather surgically altered.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Python code:

while True:
  print(dune)

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Got a laugh out of me, I admit

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

no seriously, how loving often do they have CPAC, there's one of these every 2 months

I'm thinking quarterly. But really they will do it as often as the market will bear.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

been raining all day and it's cold... need some global warming

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
https://twitter.com/mnateshyamalan/status/1631714189822791680?s=46&t=z3uF6wUvSqPNGhOasO9PNQ

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

DryGoods posted:

Plinkey returning Home is Wonderful. I'm so happy to see him back. still...

most Drama that happens here is Nonsense. if you sat down and explained it to someone else, they'd think you were out of your mind. Nonsense.

a group of goons loudly proclaiming you're a Drunken Scammer, stealing from a Charity Fund, the Forum Leadership shrugging and going, "Well, maybe he is a Filthy Scammer, who knows?" followed by blowing up said Charity Fund...feels different. of course Plinkey was upset, anyone would be. i don't want to be friends with the person who shrugged all that off at once.

compare usual Nonsense about Posting Foes or making GBS threads in Sinks, and if our Leadership laid out what happened to someone outside the forum. you would, at best, look Wildly Incompetent.

sir I said drive to the first window

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

VideoKid posted:

he posted a picture
both cats looking round

There are two plinkey cats?

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.
Those two French weirdos who had the outlandish plastic surgery had no regrets

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

cable car turntable at the corner of Powell and Market streets in downtown San Francisco – looks to be late '60s. on the right is the Woolworth's on the ground floor of the Flood Building; this Woolworth's location opened in 1952 and closed in 1997

https://twitter.com/2VintageClassic/status/1631741074782969856

here's another shot from 1961 with a cable car on Powell Street in the background on the left and regular electric streetcars on Market Street in the foreground

and a recent Google street view with a cable car departing the turntable

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Isentropy posted:

There are two plinkey cats?

yes siblings

Daniel Dales Dick
Apr 8, 2020

”With the coldest winter ever recorded, with snow setting record levels up and down the coast, the Nobel committee should take the Nobel Prize back from Al Gore"
They’re trumpin all over Nikki’s interview. They’re trumpin all over the dang place!

https://twitter.com/hugolowell/status/1631738611212189702?s=46&t=y8nk8EXi6ggLMEgg3YZHog

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

tacodaemon posted:

cable car turntable at the corner of Powell and Market streets in downtown San Francisco – looks to be late '60s. on the right is the Woolworth's on the ground floor of the Flood Building; this Woolworth's location opened in 1952 and closed in 1997

https://twitter.com/2VintageClassic/status/1631741074782969856

here's another shot from 1961 with a cable car on Powell Street in the background on the left and regular electric streetcars on Market Street in the foreground

and a recent Google street view with a cable car departing the turntable

it's really a shame that antifa destroyed all of San Francisco

Daniel Dales Dick
Apr 8, 2020

Can’t walk 10 feet at CPAC without getting trumped on. DO SOMETHING!

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Zeroisanumber posted:

Trump's cities are funny, but what the hell is the use of building them and who'll live there?

quote:

Michel Foucault’s time in the United States in the last years of his life, particularly his time as a lecturer at UC Berkeley, proved to be extraordinarily productive in the development of his theoretical understanding of what he saw as the central question facing the contemporary West: the question of the self. In his 1983 Berkeley lectures in English on “The Culture of the Self,” Foucault stated and restated the question in a variety of ways—“What are we in our actuality?,” “What are we today?”—and his investigations amount to “an alternative to the traditional philosophical questions: What is the world? What is man? What is truth? What is knowledge? How can we know something? And so on.”

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

rename it TRUMPAC

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Daniel Dales Dick posted:

They’re trumpin all over Nikki’s interview. They’re trumpin all over the dang place!

https://twitter.com/hugolowell/status/1631738611212189702?s=46&t=y8nk8EXi6ggLMEgg3YZHog

Lol

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

VideoKid posted:

rename it TRUMPAC

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

VideoKid posted:

I don’t like the facts so they must be wrong
I’m a smart journalist

seriously the only way McMegan's suggestion makes any sense if if you really and truly believe that trans people don't have to jump through any hoops and spend a long time learning about what we're getting themselves into

one way people create confusion is by pointing out that with the current accepted practice of "informed consent" it's faster to get stuff like hormones than it used to be... but that's only if you demonstrate to the doctor's satisfaction that you really know a lot about what you're getting yourself into and that you have a support system in place. I was able to get going fairly quickly that way, but it was because I showed up to the doctor already with a sort of nonbinary gender presentation (I later decided I was happier as binary trans) and able to correctly answer lots of his questions about how trans care worked and established that I already knew a lot of trans people and had been with them through their journeys and had a support system. only people who show up as prepared as I was are going to clear the hurdles to start medical transition as quickly as I did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

im firing it! WOKE BEAM~⭐