Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I can confidently say that the Artifact should just be 100% unlockable

I can't see any issues with having all 25 of these unlocked, since a lot of the juicy ones require you to have specific weapons or subclasses equipped, and you won't be stacking too many crazy things.

This would also solve the problem of needing to reset artifact when you want to swap from void to solar to strand etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

fast cars loose anus posted:

That thresher circling there is a trap, there's platforms off to the side. I did spend the 5 minutes necessary to kill that stupid thing while it circled after it popped me one time while I was on the second platform

Yeah, I figured that out, but it seems like an extraordinarily poor design choice, even by Bungo's standards.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
My 6 year old somehow managed to grapple that thresher up and around to the platform but after completing the mission twice I still haven't figured it out and just went the long way

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

I hate our Guardian speaking, and his stupid rear end gruff voice. Ugh (I know he talked before lightfall, hated it then as well)

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

its kinda goofy that they havent made up some title for the player character so everyone isn't just calling them "the guardian" all the time

e: also that your ghost is apparently named ghost

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Snapes N Snapes posted:

I hate our Guardian speaking, and his stupid rear end gruff voice. Ugh (I know he talked before lightfall, hated it then as well)

i did really like the scene where you take command of the situation and get like five whole lines of dialogue in a row, there's an unspoken thing of "you are now actually in control of what's going on" which destiny so rarely has

(which of course makes your character not asking "hey tell me what the gently caress this veil is" more annoying :argh:)

Zokari posted:

its kinda goofy that they havent made up some title for the player character so everyone isn't just calling them "the guardian" all the time

they tried to make "the Young Wolf" a thing for a minute and then realized it sounded stupid as gently caress

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

You were only called Young Wolf if you had D1 or Rise of Iron, they dropped it after the red war.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Snapes N Snapes posted:

she, and her voice is fine :colbert:

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

victrix posted:

she, and her voice is fine :colbert:

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Zokari posted:

“i PrEfEr GhOsT”

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

^burtle posted:

“i PrEfEr GhOsT”

Should stick to little light.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
How about "Protagonist" and "Sidekick"?

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Snapes N Snapes posted:

it sucks poo poo. I main a lady but even with her that’s not what any of my characters sound like

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Azubah posted:

You were only called Young Wolf if you had D1 or Rise of Iron, they dropped it after the red war.

Everyone gets referred to as The Young Wolf here. It's in the last entry.

I remember it because it was so weird to hear when I have no connection to D1.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

strand is pretty drat bonkers, its singular weakness is healing, and you can fix that with mods or weapon perks

running around in perma woven mail spamming aoe and cc is a good time

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
The Awoken Female and Exo Male voices kick rear end, actually

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The Hall of Heroes is a solemn and dignified place where we give the cloudstriders all honor and reverence they are due

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

I think maybe they overcorrected on open world difficulty in Neomunda because even at 1765 everything is super spongey and also nobody is around doing things, which tells me everybody else thinks it’s a pain in the rear end too.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The Strand smart pistol in PVP is a choice.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I can't see any issues with having all 25 of these unlocked, since a lot of the juicy ones require you to have specific weapons or subclasses equipped, and you won't be stacking too many crazy things.

This would also solve the problem of needing to reset artifact when you want to swap from void to solar to strand etc

Yeah, but we're in for another 3 years of people pointing out this extremely obvious fact until bungie actually realizes it for themselves.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Love the seasonal void disruptor rounds on orb pickup just stops working every once in a while

i think it has something to do with both the fragments you have equipped and the guns--i was able to get volatile rounds with doom of chelchis, the new void sidearm, and le monarque, but not funnelweb, gnawing hunger, hero's burden, or shayura's, and only if i had an empty fragment socket. i have no loving clue what could possibly cause that because it is loving wild

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

VanillaGorilla posted:

I think maybe they overcorrected on open world difficulty in Neomunda because even at 1765 everything is super spongey and also nobody is around doing things, which tells me everybody else thinks it’s a pain in the rear end too.

its a super baffling decision to make all that stuff 1770+, i can only imagine maybe they didn't want players coming out of the legendary campaign immediately demolishing things but it really fucks over players who came out of normal at 1750 (let alone out there doing the earlier side quests)

Normal?
Oct 9, 2004
I made pizzas on the floor!

acumen posted:

My 6 year old somehow managed to grapple that thresher up and around to the platform but after completing the mission twice I still haven't figured it out and just went the long way

I suffered as you did.

Although, yesterday someone mentioned in discord VC that the trick is to keep your focus on the connection point. If you look away, it apparently breaks the grapple. Looking forward to some interesting grapple vids in the future.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Reiterpallasch posted:

i think it has something to do with both the fragments you have equipped and the guns--i was able to get volatile rounds with doom of chelchis, the new void sidearm, and le monarque, but not funnelweb, gnawing hunger, hero's burden, or shayura's, and only if i had an empty fragment socket. i have no loving clue what could possibly cause that because it is loving wild

I’ve been getting volatile shots on Gnawing this whole time :confused:

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Yeah this seems like a fear-based design decision rather than actually playing with it. And even if there are some powerful combinations, they just have to take notes and apply it to the next series because it's not going to last.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Reiterpallasch posted:

I've gotten volatile rounds with Funnelweb very reliably. unless the original complaint was the rounds weren't stunning champs, which may be one of those cases of already having Overload on SMG? That whole overriding cases thing is still confusing.

Normal? posted:

Looking forward to some interesting grapple vids in the future.

Choo-Choo: https://twitter.com/uhmaayyze/status/1631493071509520387

Evil Badman fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Mar 3, 2023

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I had someone grapple onto me and a hitch a ride at the start of the battleground event

Funkameleon
Jan 27, 2009
Crafting mat changes

MW trait - 17 cores

Perks - 3 cores

Enhanced Perks - 2 prisms / 1 asc alloy

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Reiterpallasch posted:

I was just using a wave secondary and a heavy GL, and was getting it fine with the new strand sidearm as my primary. I switched to quicksilver to take out an overload champ and it stopped me from getting volitile. I switched back to the sidearm and it worked again. Something is definitely going sideways based on loadout.

I have anti barrier sidearm and overload AR active, so it’s not that, and they are both exotics, so who the loving hell knows

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Is there some trick to volatile round workout gin barriers? Pretty sure everything I tried last night just bounced off shields while I had volatile rounds on.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

arsenicCatnip posted:

Just randomly completed a festival of the lost triumph lmao

A whole bunch of random triumphs completed for me when I first logged in after the update, including a bunch of triumphs for upcoming stuff in the season and raids/activities I've never done. I haven't checked to see if any of those completions stuck or if it was just a momentary glitch in the system.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The heist battlegrounds in the vanguard playlist still have the stuff that interacted with the exo frame upgrades, which are no longer available. So on the plus side you get the third laser core for free when opening the door, but on the minus side, the deathtraps are still there and you can't just walk through them now. Good luck with those GMs

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
The answer to “why isn’t THING working” is “20 year old bowl of spaghetti that barely let Halo games ship on time”

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
ok I'm officially starting to get really frustrated

I'm doing a patrol to kill enemies "with abilities or affected by strand"

Notably not counting as "affected by strand" are the ones suspended in the motherfucking air by my loving strand abilities

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

arsenicCatnip posted:

Just randomly completed a festival of the lost triumph lmao

it seems to straight up think its festival of the lost right now, i got some mask i had apparently never unlocked when doing a gambit lol

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

abraham linksys posted:

it seems to straight up think its festival of the lost right now, i got some mask i had apparently never unlocked when doing a gambit lol

impossible to say if bungie is good or bad

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Festival of the Lost Goodwill is currently ongoing

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

That bit in the last mission where you defend the veil with Caiatl should be its own mode.

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

haveblue posted:

The heist battlegrounds in the vanguard playlist still have the stuff that interacted with the exo frame upgrades, which are no longer available. So on the plus side you get the third laser core for free when opening the door, but on the minus side, the deathtraps are still there and you can't just walk through them now. Good luck with those GMs

I haven’t done it yet, but a friend of mine said that he and two randoms all ate poo poo trying to run through the lasers yesterday. Owned specifically for playing S19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

do they still have the hive floor traps? i didnt notice any in the mars one, though the lasers definitely killed me lol