Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
I know we'll probably never find out for sure, but I'm still curious if Solomon David said "lightly" or "rightly" as Jadis was teleporting in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

I think ‘lightly’ is the more natural option but also, he could easily have gone on to set impossible conditions.

Which is his normal move on this topic.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Joe Slowboat posted:

I think ‘lightly’ is the more natural option but also, he could easily have gone on to set impossible conditions.

Which is his normal move on this topic.

That's honestly what I think he was going to do. Create a plan that would take an unreasonable amount of years to accomplish before he could feel "comfortable" stepping down to give the power to the people. Alternatively his sons on the Senate seem impotent, his labyrinth of Bureaucracy is too tangled, and his empire does need the backing of someone who can just move a sun on a whim so he can't just stand up and run off in a single day.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I don't think there's any reason to consider the bureaucracy/everything else incompetent because Salami Dave wouldn't allow for this in the first place but all of them absolutely look to him for leadership/guidance for what to do.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I thought Solomons deal was pretty clear from the parables about the tower.

Hes built his tower in his heart, and is all the stronger for it, but now he cant take it apart.
He has no trust in anything but himself because he is deathly afraid of losing everything again.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
I wonder what he thought of Zoss, who he considers closest to Royalty sure but who certainly didn't leave the throne with a peaceful transition plan.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Here's who Incubus is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiF18CF9cEo

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Not what I expected but I dig it.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Random thought but a K6BD Kart Racer would be pretty sick. Racers could have some kind of super meter as well for signature moves. Solomon David can have time stop, freezing everyone temporarily. Gog could spawn AI controlled copies of herself and they can also win for her. Jagganoth hulks out, going from a big guy crammed into a Go-Kart to a many armed Ashura in a monster truck, attacking everything around him in intervals. It'd be chaos

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Joe Slowboat posted:

Solomon David wanted a stronger Solomon David who could resolve his moral qualms to come and punch him out so he could retire. This is why the endless army of failsons is important, because his whole deal is being a father who wants his son to outdo him then never gives the sons a chance to.

Although after he won, but the people believed he’d lost, he was at least thinking about accepting White Chain’s demand and stepping aside. Would he have? No loving clue but I bet that conversation helped him accept the idea of dying to stop Jagganoth.

He would have equivocated and extemporized indefinitely because "his people weren't ready" or "security concerns". There would have always have been yet another excuse until he could somehow make White Chain go away.

As I think of this if White Chain had said "let me take over" he might have agreed because that's at least something he understands.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

I think the ambiguity is intentional.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
He was clearly saying "tightly." He could do it but it would be, like, lame and not at all cool.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
cannot fightly be granted. can't ask for it by winning a fight. wrote it into rayuba's charter around 700 years ago

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
It could not airtightly be done, someone would be able to challenge the change in laws and then it'd be tied up in Solomon's court system for decades.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Litigate six billion cases

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

wrong thread, no molemen here

also what was salami dave saying right before Jadis zapped in ?

He was definitely about to come up with some rules lawyer bullshit for why he couldn't follow through with White Chain's request.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Litigate six billion cases

Kill Six Billion Defendants

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1631751174826197000?t=4-9raAbrcrfCtdu97EV9fA&s=19

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1631751290345718180?t=S4qn6AxEbKO_7gG6hxTKjg&s=19

Time to cut your hair and Poison yourself with the sword

Shoehead fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Mar 3, 2023

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Mouse.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

How are you alive?

Hate

No further questions

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
She was a word bearer? And lost it without dying??

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

It's interesting that Jantris' key went to Maya (and Inky) rather than to Jagg. It's not like he'd have any difficulty ripping one out of some other pre-demiurge's head, but you'd think taking his master's would have been more thematic.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

If you're out to kill everything, having more sword poisoned folks with a chunk of power helps speed the process along.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

This... is not a promising start.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
"Murder The Gods And Topple Their Throne" did feel like a very Jagganoth sentiment after all.

maswastaken posted:

This... is not a promising start.

Maya doesn't seem that good at this god-killing business, she's been stalled by one for centuries!

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Ditch posted:

She was a word bearer? And lost it without dying??

Yeah, Incubus got it. Apparently because she gave it up - the implication seemed to be that he came to kill her and she was gone, the key left for him.

This does explain Jagganoth specifically needling Incubus about it, if Maya was Jagganoth’s apprentice demiurge.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Do we know that Incubus has Maya's old key or might her key actually be the one that ended up sold to Mammon?

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Kalli posted:

Do we know that Incubus has Maya's old key or might her key actually be the one that ended up sold to Mammon?

Incubus bears the word “Flame”

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Kalli posted:

Review the dialogue between Stinky and Jagg at the throne of empty wine cups

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Joe Slowboat posted:

Incubus bears the word “Flame”

I figured. It's been so long I wasn't sure if I just presumed that's how it went, or if it had just slipped my mind.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
It's a bit surprising Jagganoth didn't get his master's Key but maybe he wanted no further association with the man.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Allison no, you said you were done listening to corpses!

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

A tenacious little mouse!

Gotta listen to their worldview to reject it.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Thundarr posted:

It's interesting that Jantris' key went to Maya (and Inky) rather than to Jagg. It's not like he'd have any difficulty ripping one out of some other pre-demiurge's head, but you'd think taking his master's would have been more thematic.

probably didn't really need one as much as he needed powerful allies, especially if he was starting to remember his past lives, and anyway he's got a track record of trying to convert younger women into a catspaw even when it doesn't seem especially productive. think he mostly wants to convince somebody he's not just a Jantris who doesn't have to worry about dying

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Mar 3, 2023

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

probably didn't really need one as much as he needed powerful allies, especially if he was starting to remember his past lives, and anyway he's got a track record of trying to convert younger women into a catspaw even when it doesn't seem especially productive. think he mostly wants to convince somebody he's not just a Jantris who doesn't have to worry about dying

I don’t think this is implying he’s remembering anything - that seems to happen more towards the end of the cycle, possibly only after he has the iron nails in him, and there’s thousands of years before the present.
And the cycle itself seems to only change when Zoss chooses an heir, so, the literal first pages of the comic.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

love that sword trick

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
I love how murder-hungover Yaun looks in the first panel.

Get that man some Pedialyte!

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Bilirubin posted:

Review the dialogue between Stinky and Jagg at the throne of empty wine cups
What book did this happen in? I can never find it.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Ditch posted:

What book did this happen in? I can never find it.

Right here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Kalli posted:

How are you alive?

Hate

No further questions

It's all I wanted