Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
I have been using tripit, but it requires me to add her as a viewer on each trip. Not sure how that would scale to someone who travels more often.

Looks like auto adding others is a pro feature. You can get an ical link to share though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

movax
Aug 30, 2008

Looks like I am going to end up doing some kind of SEA-AMS-ZRH-?-HND-SEA trip here in a few weeks.

What's the "best" SkyTeam option out of ZRH? Figure I will have to city hop out of ZRH to CDG or AMS. Looks like AF and KLM have directs to HND from CDG and AMS respectively, but never flown Korean Air... suspect that might involve a 2nd stop in ICN.

taco show
Oct 6, 2011

motherforker

Guy Axlerod posted:

I have been using tripit, but it requires me to add her as a viewer on each trip. Not sure how that would scale to someone who travels more often.

Looks like auto adding others is a pro feature. You can get an ical link to share though.

When I was seriously dating someone we also just used tripit pro (work expenses a membership for me). It auto scrapes and also at my company we have a link directly to concur

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

movax posted:

Looks like I am going to end up doing some kind of SEA-AMS-ZRH-?-HND-SEA trip here in a few weeks.

What's the "best" SkyTeam option out of ZRH? Figure I will have to city hop out of ZRH to CDG or AMS. Looks like AF and KLM have directs to HND from CDG and AMS respectively, but never flown Korean Air... suspect that might involve a 2nd stop in ICN.

It would, I'd backtrack to AMS or CDG.

movax
Aug 30, 2008

Beef Of Ages posted:

It would, I'd backtrack to AMS or CDG.

I ended up ZRH-AMS-NRT; gets me in at 0900 vs 2000 if I went into HND. KLM biz class, hope I can sleep some and then hit the ground running. HND-SEA for the way home though — first circumnavigation route for me I think.

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

movax posted:

I ended up ZRH-AMS-NRT; gets me in at 0900 vs 2000 if I went into HND. KLM biz class, hope I can sleep some and then hit the ground running. HND-SEA for the way home though — first circumnavigation route for me I think.

Nice, I did CLT-EWR-ZRH-TYN(diversion)-PEK-SFO-IAH-CLT several years back. I really want to do an antipodal version in the Southern Hemisphere at some point.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

the akl - scl flight is kinda wild. You’re just out there.

i fly airplanes
Sep 6, 2010

I STOLE A PIE FROM ESTELLE GETTY

sellouts posted:

the akl - scl flight is kinda wild. You’re just out there.

One of my friends lives in Australia but he's from Brazil and does a commute between the two. He's constantly complaining about the LA flight for SCL-AKL-SYD because it always has issues, and upgrading SCL-SYD never happens because AKL-SYD is always full and the entire system breaks down.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Yeah, I’ve always bought J but I’ve done it like twice.

The route is one of my favorites though

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
I’m going from Denver to Amsterdam in April and have a 45 minute layover in Minneapolis. Anyone know if I’m gonna be sprinting to catch the international flight?

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Riven posted:

I’m going from Denver to Amsterdam in April and have a 45 minute layover in Minneapolis. Anyone know if I’m gonna be sprinting to catch the international flight?

Probably! I think international flights usually depart from the G concourse, which is pretty far away from every other concourse, so hopefully you're flying Delta for the Denver leg and it arrives at G as well, but F, C, or D are possibilities too. A or B are the worst case scenario but should only happen if it's a Delta Connection flight.

Riven
Apr 22, 2002

carry on then posted:

Probably! I think international flights usually depart from the G concourse, which is pretty far away from every other concourse, so hopefully you're flying Delta for the Denver leg and it arrives at G as well, but F, C, or D are possibilities too. A or B are the worst case scenario but should only happen if it's a Delta Connection flight.

It’s Delta for both legs, so sounds like I’ll be ok as they’ll both be in G?

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Riven posted:

No, Delta has all the gates in C, D, F, and G, and A and B for regional jets. So hope you get G but look at a map and prepare for the eventuality you get the far end of C. MSP is my home airport so I don't have a lot of experience connecting through it recently but I know the layout well.

Riven
Apr 22, 2002

carry on then posted:

No, Delta has all the gates in C, D, F, and G, and A and B for regional jets. So hope you get G but look at a map and prepare for the eventuality you get the far end of C. MSP is my home airport so I don't have a lot of experience connecting through it recently but I know the layout well.

Got it, thank you!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Riven posted:

If it's the same airline they'll wait a little while for you if you have a tight connect or your first plane is a little late.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

carry on then posted:

You're reminding me of the time I landed at F and had to get to B.

The agent was amazed I made it but still wouldn't open the closed gate for me.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Hail mary here but does anyone have advice on how I can get an in-person urgent travel passport agency appt tomorrow? I fly out in less than 48 hours.

My passport renewal is late and it appears a lot of people are having this issue with online passport renewal despite paying expedited fees. I have been emailing, calling, and visiting my local elected US Rep since Monday evening. And now a senator.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Mandalay posted:

Hail mary here but does anyone have advice on how I can get an in-person urgent travel passport agency appt tomorrow? I fly out in less than 48 hours.

My passport renewal is late and it appears a lot of people are having this issue with online passport renewal despite paying expedited fees. I have been emailing, calling, and visiting my local elected US Rep since Monday evening. And now a senator.

Call the National Passport Information Center at 877-487-2778 and see if you can get an appointment at a nearby Passport Agency. They can turn them around same day but it's often a high bar to get them to do it.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Midjack posted:

Call the National Passport Information Center at 877-487-2778 and see if you can get an appointment at a nearby Passport Agency. They can turn them around same day but it's often a high bar to get them to do it.

Called Monday, 3.5 hr wait, no appts available in the state of California before my trip
Called today, only 1.5 hr wait, system is down, can't pull my passport case to make an appt

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Mandalay posted:

Called Monday, 3.5 hr wait, no appts available in the state of California before my trip
Called today, only 1.5 hr wait, system is down, can't pull my passport case to make an appt

If you have a reputable passport expediter service nearby give them a call and see if they can do a same day. If you're really desperate you can fly to DC before your trip and go to the Washington Passport Agency in person and see if you can get one but that's a monster line and they may not even do it anymore post-pandemic.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Riven posted:

I would describe myself as a delta hardo and I would not attempt this. Maybe when I was 360 I would have.

Where are you on your inbound? If you’re behind Comfort+ it ain’t gonna be pretty unless your inbound is early.

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
I’m in Comfort+. This is my first time flying delta, they put the itinerary together. I am not a frequent flyer and this is my first international flight in 13 years and second ever. I only noticed the layover time today. Coming back I have 90 minutes in Salt Lake.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

We did the DC line this time last year it wasn't too bad just show up an hour before they open. You'll need an appointment though

Edit: you're flying against the jet stream and you think you'll arrive early?

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Mandalay posted:

DM me if you’d like a referral to a company that has done it for me for clients in a rush.

It’s close to $1000 for it just so you don’t expect sticker shock.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Hadlock posted:

We did the DC line this time last year it wasn't too bad just show up an hour before they open. You'll need an appointment though

Edit: you're flying against the jet stream and you think you'll arrive early?

am i missing something here? DEN-MSP should be pretty neutral at worst.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

am i missing something here? DEN-MSP should be pretty neutral at worst.

Oh whoops I read that as AMS-DEN

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
Maybe I’ll look into rebooking that flight and see if there’s another option

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Riven posted:

Maybe I’ll look into rebooking that flight and see if there’s another option

That's a good idea. Don't leave your trip hinging on a roll of the dice on what gate you get (and hoping you don't get run over by an airport golf cart)

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
I haven't had to do this post pandemic (so maybe things have changed) but if you're near one of the federal passport agencies you can show up with your flight booking information and they'll expedite the passport process based on how far away your trip is (time wise, not distance). I showed up the day before my flight and got the passport the same day, just had to kill a few hours waiting for them to make it.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/get-fast/passport-agencies.html posted:

Our passport agencies and centers provide in-person services to customers who have urgent international travel within 14 calendar days or need a foreign visa within 28 calendar days.

Passport agencies and centers are operated by the U.S. Department of State and are different than passport acceptance facilities which may include post offices, libraries, and local government offices.

You must have an appointment to visit a passport agency or center. We offer two types of appointments: Life-or-Death Emergency Service and Urgent Travel Service. You must call us to make one of these appointments.

You can also find contact information for each location on this page if you need to respond to a letter we sent you.

If you follow that link the passport agency locations are listed.

Lyon fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Mar 3, 2023

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
Yeah, op called and there were no appointments available.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
It’s so hard to find an appointment that people are sharing stories on Reddit of calling, emailing, and visiting their congresspeople to help them…simply get an appointment.

I called a local expediting place and they told me they couldn’t help. Turnaround was too soon.

Renew your passport early, don’t let my fate befall you. And yes I paid for expedited processing and express shipping.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Mandalay posted:

I called a local expediting place and they told me they couldn’t help. Turnaround was too soon.

Who did you use?

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.
You know it's going to be a sporty takeoff when the plane had to do a go around on the way in and it is actively rocking back and forth while parked at the gate.

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

Mandalay posted:

It’s so hard to find an appointment that people are sharing stories on Reddit of calling, emailing, and visiting their congresspeople to help them…simply get an appointment.

Renew your passport early, don’t let my fate befall you. And yes I paid for expedited processing and express shipping.

This is so bizarre, because I had just about the opposite experience and I was terrified of not being able to get an appointment based on the same basic posts that you saw. To be fair I had 2 weeks until my flight, not 48 hours, but right at day 14 I woke up at 5, called, waited 2 minutes on hold and got a California appointment for this week.

Best of luck getting one.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

how are you people so bad at renewing your passports

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

I am also puzzled. I have reminders set for my passport, Global Entry, and APEC memberships because gently caress me if any of those lapses.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

I let GE lapse over the pandemic when I wasn’t traveling and they were granting 720 day grace periods or whatever but the passport is sort of fundamental. Especially if you are posting in here.

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

1. I rarely business travel
2 “hey buff, can you come to ‘country’ in 15 days?”

I haven’t needed a passport in like 10 years

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Find it weird to just like, not have a passport but whatever. If your company is doing that to you they should pay for a reputable expediting service.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.
Schengen spoiled us so much that when my work got an invitation to present at a conference in Vancouver last year, I think 4 out 5 of us had to renew our passports specially for that