Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

something posted:

For a dollar, make up a runescape styled skill name, but much sillier.

Tia

Boblaw - reduces filing charges in court
Hunking - how good you look
digesting - how quickly you can produce noxious gasses increases poison damage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Hey dude, sorry for bother but looks like YC did an update last night that is incompatible with your custom DLL. It crashes on boot now. Any thoughts on a fix? Dunno if I can go back to the vanilla mode now. TIA

I updated the post you quoted last night, click the download.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Post poste posted:

Come back later with a full second board.

Using boosters on battle multipliers will get you through the second and maybe the third one.

The pink Xs in the third one make everything easy, but it's overkill to wait.

In general, if you stall out a challenge, try two or three loadouts, then come back later. The walls are too steep to be easily overcome.

I figured as much. Thanks for the confirmation

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Garfu posted:

I updated the post you quoted last night, click the download.

Thank you kindly.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

something posted:

Tia

Breading
Woking
Waving (micro-, hand, etc.)
Scalloping
Reticulating
Collapsing
Freshening
Splayding

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

DACK FAYDEN posted:

oh gently caress me the boosters work on the combat multiplier squares too? I just instinctively assumed they didn't lmao
trip report, not only was 5/6 free but 6/6 was equally free, all I had to know was that single piece of information lol

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

something posted:

Tia

Jimmying and/or Shimmying

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
Re: Evolve Idle, I'm trying to 1* (Junk Gene) blackhole out of Antimatter. I've finally built the World Collider, but now I'm being bottlenecked by Adamantite and the script doesn't seem to be interested in helping me get more. Are there any tweaks I can do to help this go faster?

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french

Vil posted:

It's worth noting that EMF's rewards will themselves make EMF easier in the form of not needing as many thermal collectors. It's certainly not a requirement, but a 4* EMF will be easier at the very end, if you do a 3* EMF first. (Probably take less time overall to just do a 4* EMF, of course, but worth noting.)

Side note, when you get around to your requisite tour of universe-hopping to get 4* Ascended and 4* EMF everywhere, it's worth noting that Ascended's cost creep reduction only kicks in once you've done an ascension in that universe. So consider a pattern of Any* Black Hole -> 3* or 4* Pillar Ascension -> 4* EMF -> clean up universe-specific achievements for general mastery -> repeat.

Gotcha. I think after after this 4* Decay I'll stay in Heavy (will lose planet and ascended buff on it, but not a big deal), do a 3* EM with my custom, so it's not too long, then start hopping around universes and do 3* Ascension Pillar with a genus I haven't done it yet with (I assume pillars don't care about challenge genes), then 4* EM with custom. I'll do AM last since I'll have built up a ton of plasmids doing this and will benefit a lot from the 2.5% plasmids work in AM bonus, which I assume still works with the Weak Mastery challenge gene.

quote:

Re: Evolve Idle, I'm trying to 1* (Junk Gene) blackhole out of Antimatter. I've finally built the World Collider, but now I'm being bottlenecked by Adamantite and the script doesn't seem to be interested in helping me get more. Are there any tweaks I can do to help this go faster?

There is a Buildings section of the script where you can adjust the weightings. Set the mining droid up to like 200. The production section also sets the ratios of things to produce from it, but you can also just turn off autoMiningDroid and crank Adamantite up.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
USI: maxed out my new synth shard from sector 48 :sickos:

...one red lens still takes six minutes and forty-something seconds :shepicide:

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
one sad thing about USI is i'm... almost entirely done filling out warp again and then like, it's it for a few months. which is fine, just, even having like a week or two of having done between-content grinding up infinite research had me basically already ready to do everything but max all my synths and i'm already starting to pick up the pace on that, too. feels like i'm breaking the curve by having done occasional checkins between updates.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

explosivo posted:

Jimmying and/or Shimmying

You have gotten better at Shimmying (32)

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

dipwood posted:

There is a Buildings section of the script where you can adjust the weightings. Set the mining droid up to like 200. The production section also sets the ratios of things to produce from it, but you can also just turn off autoMiningDroid and crank Adamantite up.

I tried the former. The script mostly seems to be just cycling and burning resources back and forth, but it doesn't seem to actually be... building anything.

Re: USI - I can't seem to get past either sector 33, I've done several of the challenge tiers now and I still can't make progress. Any strategies would be appreciated.

ZZT the Fifth fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Mar 2, 2023

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

This worked for me as far as the final base challenge goes. Base 1 was fully checkerboarded with boosters and shields, base 2 was checkerboarded with boosters and damage, and then base three was enough purple to support that amount of boosters and a bit of extra multiplier I could squeeze in.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

ZZT the Fifth posted:

I tried the former. The script mostly seems to be just cycling and burning resources back and forth, but it doesn't seem to actually be... building anything.

Can you take a screenshot with your automation tab open? How many of them are actually on?

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

dipwood posted:

Can you take a screenshot with your automation tab open? How many of them are actually on?

This, or do you mean automatic building production? I have all the buildings turned on for auto-construction except for ones that cost Soul Gems.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

Weird. It should be building those Mining Droids if they have a high weighting. I would also drive up Starport weighting. The script might not even bother building supported structures if there's not enough support.

Other than that, you can just manually queue them up and the script will divert resources to make them go faster. I do that for a lot of things because there's a few things I want faster but don't want the script to prioritize them long term. Disable the 'build things in order' thing in the regular settings.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Is 48 the new 'intended to be impossible' zone for USI?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Agent355 posted:

Is 48 the new 'intended to be impossible' zone for USI?
The patch notes say "new content available to distance 9800", so technically beating 48 is the intended end of content and 49 is the impossible one. But the scaling on the tail end of 48 (after 9600) feels just like the previous impossible zone felt, so I don't really know. I assume there's not another shard hiding in 49 and I'm definitely on the verge of finishing all the challenges/the warp tree at 48 and a half.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

something posted:

Tia

Raise Your Child To Enter Any Career That Isn't Gamedev

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

DACK FAYDEN posted:

The patch notes say "new content available to distance 9800", so technically beating 48 is the intended end of content and 49 is the impossible one. But the scaling on the tail end of 48 (after 9600) feels just like the previous impossible zone felt, so I don't really know. I assume there's not another shard hiding in 49 and I'm definitely on the verge of finishing all the challenges/the warp tree at 48 and a half.

Okay, then I'm going to need to bring more missiles for these swarmers lol.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

USI: Holy poo poo I managed to sneak a clear of 23 and four weapons and two modules??? :eyepop:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
USI minor update dropped, the last base 3 squares went from e15 to unlock to e20 to unlock so uh... personally I would not refresh? I got one of the last four but not the other three before refreshing rofl.

(on the other hand restarting runs will be a lot faster because "bosses spawn near-instantly if you would overkill them" and some other QoL...)

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Mar 3, 2023

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Kyrosiris posted:

USI: Holy poo poo I managed to sneak a clear of 23 and four weapons and two modules??? :eyepop:

Much dakka awaits you at 40.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Anyone know that the "additional effects" do in Your Chronicle? I see it on some Allies and on Equipment

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Synth Purity 3. I'm somewhere between 18-19. What kind of statline am I going to need to actually finish this?

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Anyone know that the "additional effects" do in Your Chronicle? I see it on some Allies and on Equipment

For that stuff, you need to check the help menu (ie, the ?) and just look for the matching symbol. Or check the wiki, I guess. They might only apply if you're in the right formation? Either way, I don't think about them much.

EDIT: I just realized I was thinking about the additional effects on skills, not on allies/equipment, and I haven't gotten deep enough in Your Chronicle to have any on those. Still, you'd hope that they'd be explained in the same place.

Lurks With Wolves fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Mar 3, 2023

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Bloodly posted:

Synth Purity 3. I'm somewhere between 18-19. What kind of statline am I going to need to actually finish this?

I don't remember what my stats were but I had two levels of the orange tier in damage and shields when I cleared it.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Lurks With Wolves posted:

For that stuff, you need to check the help menu (ie, the ?) and just look for the matching symbol. Or check the wiki, I guess. They might only apply if you're in the right formation? Either way, I don't think about them much.

EDIT: I just realized I was thinking about the additional effects on skills, not on allies/equipment, and I haven't gotten deep enough in Your Chronicle to have any on those. Still, you'd hope that they'd be explained in the same place.

Yeah I get what they mean. I didn't know if they applied to all skills used by that ally or whoever is using the equipment or whatever.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
USI: Confirming there is no new shard in 49, the end of content at the moment. (and no module tier/crafting tier after Red, although that was pretty obvious from the list of red level up bonuses)

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Yeah I get what they mean. I didn't know if they applied to all skills used by that ally or whoever is using the equipment or whatever.

The additional symbols on equipment and skills only effect the character using that skill or equipment. For extra fun, a lot of them are only in effect when the symbol is visible on the “combat” screen. So the AOE or next ally gets buffed effect is only in effect if you see that symbol. It is a random chance for those effects to proc.

That is a somewhat hidden portion of the formations. They force those effects to proc. Magic formation will force magic type effects to proc while the formation is active. The friendly formation will force a different set of buffs to proc. That’s why one of the more popular stats for getting through new content is to stack your team in a way that you buff your stronger second character. Friendly formation to force the next ally buff, then magic formation for extra magic damage on a strong extra buffed magic attack to one shot bosses a little bit earlier than otherwise possible.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Orvin posted:

The additional symbols on equipment and skills only effect the character using that skill or equipment. For extra fun, a lot of them are only in effect when the symbol is visible on the “combat” screen. So the AOE or next ally gets buffed effect is only in effect if you see that symbol. It is a random chance for those effects to proc.

That is a somewhat hidden portion of the formations. They force those effects to proc. Magic formation will force magic type effects to proc while the formation is active. The friendly formation will force a different set of buffs to proc. That’s why one of the more popular stats for getting through new content is to stack your team in a way that you buff your stronger second character. Friendly formation to force the next ally buff, then magic formation for extra magic damage on a strong extra buffed magic attack to one shot bosses a little bit earlier than otherwise possible.

Cool, thanks. I'll try a few experiments on that. I've mostly been brute forcing stuff mostly with success.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I don’t really bother with that much. I think it is for the more active player. I am a bit too hands off with the game to need to shave the couple of DRs off a run. Usually I seem to go from getting kinda close to getting over the wall to coming back the next day (or weekend) sailing over the wall with only minor issues.

In unrelated news FAPI released its next content patch today. It added the dungeon cards, tweaked larvae (they reduce the cost needed for the next level now), reduced the ascension count for some of the page 3 purchases, and a few other things.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
USI: has anyone cleared Core Computing challenge 9/9? I've done 8 and I'm stalling on sectors 20/21 right by where the finish line is with any build I try. One beam laser + 5 support lasers didn't get me there but got me to 21. All kinetic cannons got me to 15 but no further. I feel like I must be missing something because I have done almost everything else and it seems like it should be easy.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Is there any reason to not use just 4 bomb launchers when you unlock those?

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Is there any reason to not use just 4 bomb launchers when you unlock those?

The actual damage/second is worse than the kinetic cannon I think, and it tends to overkill by a fair bit leading to even worse results. The main advantage of it is that it has the longest range in the game (and right after you get it there are some ships that can only be hit with it) and it lets you get a big potshot into bosses and large ships as they spawn in, before they can attack you.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
honestly I'm still on 6 missile launchers full-time, once you have enough shields to take a hit from the longest-range snipers you never fail to kill anything before it kills you and there are just enough swarms later to make it worth not having to respec constantly

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
Finally building the Stellar Engine again in Antimatter, 96 segments to go. I feel like this is going to take a very long time.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

USI: New AI points code good until 3/24, "ilovenerfs".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zyxyz
Mar 30, 2010
Buglord
trying out Evolve again thanks to recent discussion inthread, I'm about 5 MADs in and it's gone pretty smoothly so far thanks to the help of the script (excepting that one time I misunderstood how challenge genes worked and did a 1* run way too early, orz)
though it's kind of annoying how the CRISPR menu has a fixed two-hour unlock time that doesn't get scaled down along with the rest of the run, since on later MADs you're just about out of things to do by the time that timer even starts... is there some way of speeding that up that I missed, or do you have to just take the hit of wasted runtime once you have enough plasmids saved up?

anyways I just wanted to shoutout my favorite bit of fluff: how the name of the Swiss Banking tech cycles through various types of cheeses each reset :sun: