Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

RIP The Manger Babies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

JAMOOOL posted:

last 2 seasons of this show were weirdly good given that it was clearly in a slide before that

From my experience with my now almost completed full watch/rewatch, season 11 kind of sucks, but literally everything else, both before and after, is better.

That being said, and it's been mentioned many times itt, a bad King of the Hill episode is still usually better than most other shows, so it only really falters by the standard set by the rest of the show.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Milo and POTUS posted:

One of the funniest lines on the show

Hank, remember what I told the doctor.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

A MIRACLE posted:

Oh, this banana's delicious. The monkeys must never find out.

♫ Get wet, get wild, get cool, go bananaaaa
Take the second left on Encinita Boulevard.♫

...off the San Pedro exiiiit

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Fishstick posted:

♫ Get wet, get wild, get cool, go bananaaaa
Take the second left on Encinita Boulevard.♫

...off the San Pedro exiiiit

This reminds me of SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAYYYYYYY and Saturday.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Believe me, I prayed on it, Hank and God said to me, "Don't do it. " But you know what? I knew better.

Peggy is the absolute best character on the show, everyone who hates her is wrong.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Peggy is the absolute best character on the show, everyone who hates her is wrong.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

aw c'mon Peggy, you've got an IQ of 170, you said so lots of times

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
As a self proclaimed genius,

I'd love to insert this line into everyday conversation but if you don't go overboard being jokey I think people will just think you're an arrogant rear end in a top hat

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

My name's Jimmy. I work at the Car Race, where the cars race.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

an exterminator is like a garbage man crossed with a scientist. The best of both worlds.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

This reminds me of SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAYYYYYYY and Saturday.

seaking!!!!!!

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

From my experience with my now almost completed full watch/rewatch, season 11 kind of sucks, but literally everything else, both before and after, is better.

That being said, and it's been mentioned many times itt, a bad King of the Hill episode is still usually better than most other shows, so it only really falters by the standard set by the rest of the show.

Season 10 has Peggy accidentally committing chemical warfare and Tartuffe the spry wonder dog.

Story checks out

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
Season 10 follows Aristotle's dictum: it delights

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

literally watching that ep right now

i see where the bill / peggy theorum comes from - season 9. they do an ep where bill speculates about what-if they had a son and how bad he would probably be at sports (while bobby is actively failing at track) peggy looks down shamefully. then two eps later when everyone is about to drown bill confesses that one dark and stormy night long ago he made love to peggy

btw that scene, forgetting a boat ladder and getting stuck outside in the ocean, with no way up the side of the boat, just scrambling and sliding

gently caress that scene dude

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Don't dick around with boats and alcohol. Or at least not power boats.

That's a good episode though

Disco Godfather
May 31, 2011

Another Bill posted:

JOHN REDCORN [making a toast]: To the white man, who steals our land and steals our sons.
DALE: To the white man!

Spin the Choice might be my favorite episode.

Bobby! Not in front of the Boomhauers!

I'm sorry you had to see that, Dr. Boomhauer

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Milo and POTUS posted:

Don't dick around with boats and alcohol. Or at least not power boats.

That's a good episode though

so good they made it a movie
open water 2:adrift

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Disco Godfather posted:

Bobby! Not in front of the Boomhauers!

I'm sorry you had to see that, Dr. Boomhauer

Aades
Nov 28, 2005

Guns Up!

If it's nach-o cheese then whose cheese is it?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

A MIRACLE posted:

btw that scene, forgetting a boat ladder and getting stuck outside in the ocean, with no way up the side of the boat, just scrambling and sliding

gently caress that scene dude

It's a really unsettling idea.

That's the plot of open water 2, except the main character gets thrown off the boat by some dudebro douche and her baby is the only one left onboard.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

EDGERS AND CLIPPERS AND EDGERS AND CLIPPERS AND EDGERS AND

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Dusty old bones?? Full of green dust??

Hey dad, can I flip my burger?

Eh.. you sure? You remember what happened with that pancake.

A MIRACLE fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Mar 4, 2023

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I like Bobby talking about carving the turkey and says something like:

“You were right. I wasn’t ready last year. I see that now.”

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Ornery and Hornery posted:

The amount of A+ lines in this show is absurd

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Ornery and Hornery posted:

It's really nuts how simple lines like this just kill me, it's what put's KotH in another league from most other shows for me.

And it's absolutely such a realistic line too, I could see any one of my nieces or nephews saying this and meaning it earnestly.

Activia
Apr 13, 2022

Goal: some kind of neat moth
OH MY GOD ITS SO JUICY

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

SilvergunSuperman posted:

The amount of A+ lines in this show is absurd

"It's so juicy!"

or

"Pump jockey, works for tips!"

"What would weirdos be doing behind the gas station."

Just stick to me.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Mine's a weird one. From the episode "An Officer and a Gentle Boy" after Hank goes to visit Bobby and talks to Cotton...

"You made a bowl!?"

"It's a combat bowl!"

if my husband wants to cheer me up he just says this and I can't help but laugh

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Watching three coaches and a Bobby. Lol that boomhauers secret quarterback code is just him plainly saying in front of the other team what the play will be

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Can someone please screencap the entire peggy feminist rant from the first season? It's so funny and they didn't do stuff like that for long

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Nancy: Honey, you want a beer?

Dale and John Redcorn: Yes!

Dale, suspiciously: How did he know I wanted a beer…?

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
Wait, are you gay?

What?! No, I sell propane!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Full of green dust??

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
If anyone gives you any guff you can just show em your trophy
- OR SASH!
... or sash.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

I accept this on behalf of everyone who has fallen out of a plane and lived to win her third straight substitute teacher of the year award!!

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
Hey, it's Todd!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

... in heaven

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

PEGGY: What are you smiling about?
HANK: Oh, well, I met a guy.
PEGGY: Uh-huh.
HANK: Yeah, at the Mega Lo Mart. We have the same truck, same year, same color. Smart guy, too, he knew what an L pipe was for. It was nice.
PEGGY: Are you going to see him again?
HANK: Oh, I don't know. You know, just a one-time thing with a guy in a parking lot. You know, that's all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

NUDITY