Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Finished The Founding, an omnibus containing three books in the Gaunt’s Ghosts series. Dan Abnett is good at writing military stuff. I’m really excited for the new Space Marine game and am still waiting for Darktide to come to game pass.

wowee thanks again Dendy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

getting the first half of the Book of the New Sun by Gene Wolfe from the library tomorrow, pretty excited

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Martman posted:

getting the first half of the Book of the New Sun by Gene Wolfe from the library tomorrow, pretty excited

it's so sick, enjoy

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Fungah! posted:

it's so sick, enjoy

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

At an iconic Twin Peaks moment and Conan is genuinely flapping his ears up and down and looking around trying to find the source of his distress

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

At an iconic Twin Peaks moment and Conan is genuinely flapping his ears up and down and looking around trying to find the source of his distress

bro wtf is that cable management

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

lol

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

symbolic posted:

mind your own loving business

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

nice entrance to the black lodge

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

I got the tude now posted:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

symbolic posted:

I have no loving idea. The previous owner of this house was an amateur electrician and half of that doesn't even work but if you disconnect any of it it cuts off the Internet and or half the electronics in the house. The hideous cable from the ceiling doesn't do anything and has a big label on it saying DO NOT DISCONNECT and brother you should not disconnect it.

Also if you run the dishwasher and kettle at the same time it turns off my PC.

I'm moving out soon and it's someone else's problem lol

Lunchmeat Larry fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Mar 3, 2023

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Juuust youuuu. Annnnd Iiiiiiii. Just youuuuuuu . Andddd Iiiiiii. Together...... Foreeeverrrrrr. In Love....

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Been rewatching the Simpsons from season 1 after seeing a couple of all timers (monorail, Mr plow, cape feare, Scorpio, homer goes to college). Some dark poo poo in the beginning like a big sub plot about homer killing himself that’s played almost completely straight.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I’ve been thinking of going back through 4-7.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Watched several classic episodes tonight myself including Homer Badman and Grampa Vs. Sexual Inadequacy.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i have a big soft spot for Season 2 because the dvd set of it was my introduction to the Simpsons as a kid and Blood Feud might be my favorite Simpsons episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkyTiT2rYgI

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Been rewatching the Simpsons from season 1 after seeing a couple of all timers (monorail, Mr plow, cape feare, Scorpio, homer goes to college). Some dark poo poo in the beginning like a big sub plot about homer killing himself that’s played almost completely straight.
yeah, it's pretty dark. don't skateboard off a gorge, kids

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Martman posted:

yeah, it's pretty dark. don't skateboard off a gorge, kids

The gag of Homer being airlifted into the ambulance which then immediately crashes into a tree is incredible

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The gag of Homer being airlifted into the ambulance which then immediately crashes into a tree is incredible

Putting the lion in the stunt pool is a great gag too

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

I’ve been thinking of going back through 4-7.

i've been doing this and it kicks rear end. in season eight now and its starting to slip but drat there's still some killer eps

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I don't like to overanalyse Where The Simpsons Went Wrong because everyone has already done it and the simple fact is that it stops being consistently funny, but a big thing that really makes the older seasons work is that the characters are so humanised and not just vehicles for jokes

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Watched Ip Man tonight. Was pretty good. More than anything made me want to watch Fearless though

Thanks Pablo and Sub-Actuality for the great sigs!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Fearless was hype. That’s the Jet Li one right.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Wormskull posted:

Fearless was hype. That’s the Jet Li one right.

Ya I saw it once like fifteen years ago and need to rewatch. Hero ftw

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
fearless and ip man both pwn

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

Ya I saw it once like fifteen years ago and need to rewatch. Hero ftw

It used to play for like 6 months straight on HBO back then yea lmfao I loved it cuz I learned about the boxer rebellion and poo poo in school recently.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Big gringo screaming Yeah Come On ftw.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I went to see Creed III in imax last night and it was sick. Michael B Jordan was not kidding about the anime influence on the boxing scenes.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Wormskull posted:

Big gringo screaming Yeah Come On ftw.

Absolutely.

Jet li beating up a guy in a badass fashion but dishonourably: noooooo

Jet li beating up a stupid yank the same way but now it’s honourable: :hai:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Roth posted:

I went to see Creed III in imax last night and it was sick. Michael B Jordan was not kidding about the anime influence on the boxing scenes.

wooted when i saw the cross counter

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

ive been watching simpsons from season 2 onward here and there (season 1 was one of the first dvds i'd ever owned and i ran it into the ground so i felt like i could skip it) and i had forgotten about this gag and it made me lmfao in a way that i havent in a good while

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
im also here to shamelessly self promote this album i made https://mycophobiah.bandcamp.com/album/a-mostly-intentional-sequence

please listen to it and tell me if it sucks or is good, or something in between

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Had 69 Love Songs on my mind a lot lately. Let’s see how it stacks up.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Watched several classic episodes tonight myself including Homer Badman and Grampa Vs. Sexual Inadequacy.

sure elon musk gets a lot of flak now of days, but in 2012 the musk ep was a real turning point in the post season 59 slump, they've really brought back the a game for seasons 60-69

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

Had 69 Love Songs on my mind a lot lately. Let’s see how it stacks up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_LdDf9Z_B8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

mycophobia posted:

im also here to shamelessly self promote this album i made https://mycophobiah.bandcamp.com/album/a-mostly-intentional-sequence

please listen to it and tell me if it sucks or is good, or something in between

its not the beatles im afraid