Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Cythereal posted:

The photo's upside down. Cat's roaching on top of some cabinets, stretching up against the ceiling.

Catlas is a good cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Cythereal posted:

The photo's upside down. Cat's roaching on top of some cabinets, stretching up against the ceiling.

I used to do this with my cat to the delight of everybody. It was the only good thing to come from that lovely simpsons movie. I loved that cat so much

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

https://i.imgur.com/IuxNTz6.mp4

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Took a few minutes to get approval to borrow an extra brain cell from the orange cats.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/foxfeather/status/1631699320880627716?s=20

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
https://i.imgur.com/puwDOrw.mp4

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYyq4V97U7k

This popped up in YouTube suggestions for me today. I like the super fancy bird houses attached to old buildings. And all the various animal rescues mentioned that were created from the 1400s on. This is an old video, obviously. I have no clue how many of the ancient buildings survived the earthquake.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ys3Y-87v-Jc

gamera009
Apr 7, 2005

I lost my old maid.

Can I get some pictures of adorable cats? I’m just gutted. I want to puke. Please send help.

Thanks.

One of the last good pictures I have of her, after she turned 22. We had just moved back to Colorado from Tampa. I had to leave for a job, and it was pretty obvious that the move was upsetting to her. I promised her that we would get back to Colorado, so she could pass back in the state I rescued her in.

All the feels hurt like hell, man.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

gamera009 posted:

I lost my old maid.

Can I get some pictures of adorable cats? I’m just gutted. I want to puke. Please send help.

Thanks.

One of the last good pictures I have of her, after she turned 22. We had just moved back to Colorado from Tampa. I had to leave for a job, and it was pretty obvious that the move was upsetting to her. I promised her that we would get back to Colorado, so she could pass back in the state I rescued her in.

I have no cat, but can I say that that ancient lady looks to be as sweet and drowsy as an old lady cat can be.
I'm very sorry for your loss, even when they are very old and tired, it never gets any easier.

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

gamera009 posted:

I lost my old maid.

Thanks.

I’m so sorry to hear this :(

I’m sending my deepest condolences, and Winston sends his too:

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bored posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYyq4V97U7k

This popped up in YouTube suggestions for me today. I like the super fancy bird houses attached to old buildings. And all the various animal rescues mentioned that were created from the 1400s on. This is an old video, obviously. I have no clue how many of the ancient buildings survived the earthquake.

I can guarantee that all of them survived the earthquake. This video only mentions Istanbul and Bursa and they are about as far away from the earthquake as you can get in Turkey, and Turkey is pretty big.
The stray dogs and cats are regarded as Community cats and dogs, so people in the area take care of them, it's really nice :3:
Videos about it always talk like it's specifically in Istanbul but it's the same in the rest of the country.

gamera009 posted:

aww, I'm sorry :smith:

This is my good friend Kornet

ekuNNN has a new favorite as of 00:20 on Mar 4, 2023

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

gamera009 posted:

I lost my old maid.

Thanks.

:glomp:

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
Suzie, 16.5, mostly blind old lady

She drools when happy

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
my cat drools a lot now. he'll rest his head on his paw and get all nasty. big gobs will descend from his mouth

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

This is how we taught our cat to use his scratching post. Never had a problem with him scratching up furniture.

Speaking of which...

gamera009 posted:

I lost my old maid.

Thanks.

Have some pictures of my cat, Topper:

Sunlit

Smug

With friends

Sharing his favorite tuna salad recipe

Discovering catnip in the garden

Not sure about this whole "Christmas" thing

Smug again, but with beans

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

gamera009 posted:

That is a good long kitty life you gave her, but it's never long enough.

Here's some of our menagerie to help:

gamera009
Apr 7, 2005

Thank you everyone. It’s helped, but I honestly just can’t stop crying when I think about her.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

My good boy Henry has had a bad couple of days. He went from perfectly normal movement, to being very uncomfortable.
It turns out he has a floaty kneecap, and it probably wandered off and hurt him a few days ago.
He's on painkillers and anti-inflammatories, but the poor wee boy is still very limpy and careful of his weak leg. I'm hoping his bad knee will stabilise in the next few days, but it really sucks that at the age of 8, his knee finally started to gently caress around and cause trouble.
Apparently it is much more normal for this crap to start when a dog is about 2.
Poor wee baba, he tries so hard not to be bothered.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Pookah posted:

My good boy Henry has had a bad couple of days. He went from perfectly normal movement, to being very uncomfortable.
It turns out he has a floaty kneecap, and it probably wandered off and hurt him a few days ago.
He's on painkillers and anti-inflammatories, but the poor wee boy is still very limpy and careful of his weak leg. I'm hoping his bad knee will stabilise in the next few days, but it really sucks that at the age of 8, his knee finally started to gently caress around and cause trouble.
Apparently it is much more normal for this crap to start when a dog is about 2.
Poor wee baba, he tries so hard not to be bothered.

Oh god, that happened to me three times. I didn’t know it could happen to dogs.
Please hug Henry for me.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

This dog is not dead it was just upset that people were not petting it enough and decided to lay down like this until people were magnetically drawn in to rub the belly.

The belly was very wet from all the wet grass and totally worth the price paid

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

I hope you brought enough soft fluffy doggo belly for the rest of us

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

She might still be there waiting for you for all I know. She stayed like that long after I moved one.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

My mum's dog does that but the annoying part is he also pees when he's happy so if you actually tickle him he pees on your hand and himself.

Or maybe he's just a horrid pisspiggy I don't know.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Zopotantor posted:

Please hug Henry for me.

Yeah, apparently it's pretty common, in dogs, it was just horrible to see him go from perfectly normal to all twisted-sideways and hobbling :( He's is currently on a strict regimen of medication, light exercise and many many hugs :3:

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/sugo6sk/status/1631990479293399041

Bodega Tanuki

My Japanese isn't good enough to know what it's hiding among, therefor what its name should be

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Looks like it's in the flavored milks so I'd wager a guess it's next to the coffee milk?

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

On the shelf directly above it, from the left is "coffee", "café au lait", and "strawberry au lait". The box directly next to it... is some kind of tea, I can't quite make out the first kanji but the second is absolutely the one for tea (茶). After that it's "rooibos tea" and "apple".

mystes
May 31, 2006

I think the one it's next to is barley tea (麦茶)

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/DailyManul/status/1632078455914233858

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

beware the forbidden floof.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

What, you only have one bird in hand? :smug:

https://twitter.com/JocAPhotography/status/1632426373280149505?s=20

EDIT:

https://twitter.com/caenhillcc/status/1632433413507432450?s=20

Dick Trauma has a new favorite as of 19:01 on Mar 5, 2023

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
I want that life.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

That's worth four in the bush.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Automata 10 Pack posted:

I want that life.

Seems like all you'd need is a steady hand, some unsalted nuts, and patience.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Wish I'd know this before I salted my nuts. :sigh:

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

McCracAttack posted:

Seems like all you'd need is a steady hand, some unsalted nuts, and patience.
And time. :(

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

OwlFancier posted:

My mum's dog does that but the annoying part is he also pees when he's happy so if you actually tickle him he pees on your hand and himself.

Or maybe he's just a horrid pisspiggy I don't know.

That is very polite in dog. He’s saying,”Yes,sir. Thank you, sir.” I’ve been listening to the Stephen Briggs’ reading of the Industrial Revolution discworld books, so that is totally in Captain Carrot’s voice.

It’s unfortunate (for the dog) that submissive peeing is not as polite to the humans the dogs are trying to communicate with.

Anyway, YouTube short I’ll try to fix momentarily:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdVTM8yTwBs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjWz0QveXdg

Bored has a new favorite as of 19:39 on Mar 5, 2023

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Should get another peacock and also name him Duran :dadjoke:

PainterofCrap has a new favorite as of 19:37 on Mar 5, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Zopotantor posted:

Please hug Henry for me.

Little update, just in case it's wanted.
The vet visit resolved the actual dislocation, Henry went from being entirely unable to straighten his leg, to holding his leg so that his paw floats just about the ground.
We took him for a little walk today, and while he is still floating his paw most of the time, he tried using his bad leg while cocking his other back leg to pee on interesting trees, so it's weak, but not terribly painful.
He met many friendly dogs, including a pair of miniature poodles and a pair of shih tzus, so he had a full and interesting day.
He's awfully tired now :kimchi: