Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I mean they probably didn't help kill anyone so I guess it depends on what they care about more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/TLDRNewsUK/status/1631778890002644993

:allears:

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
i know we are so, so far past it. But this recent revival of the thick of it has so jumped the shark on plausibility.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
also i imagine the government response to this, like isnt it completely against the rules for them to communicate through whatsapp anyway? will simply to be to conduct business from now on through snapchats or whatever where the messages impossible mission style implode after reading

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Update:

https://twitter.com/ConorD26/status/1631717587150069760?s=19

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

NotJustANumber99 posted:

You say has-beens, but wasnt eat out to help out basically rishi making the big time? If it gets any traction and sticks to him then... I dunno we get some shitter lightbulbs or something?

gently caress I forgot he was PM.

LMAO

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

I think one of the low key funniest things is watching a youtube video of someone playing a vinyl record and seeing people say how much better it sounds than digial media.
Reminded me of the tweet with the gammon moaning about all this coffee shite, and they're a traditionalist and just use instant, the traditional coffee of the 50s before anyone thought to pour hot water through grounds.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

crispix posted:

did she do anything?

i can't remember anything about truss being PM because the queen died and there was a lot of stuff about that

There was that thing where she announced what she wanted to do to the country and the economy instantly cratered

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Dabir posted:

There was that thing where she announced what she wanted to do to the country and the economy instantly cratered

But what bad things did she do?

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Handy tips!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Ideally of course you avoid tsunamis by being not near the coast or high up, but failing that if you do a frame perfect dodge cancel you can clip through the tsunami's damage field and then you just have to swim for a while.

Reminds me of that time they did a "property hotspots for if nuclear war breaks out" and for some reason they suggested whitby, despite RAF fylingdales being like 10 miles down the road and being the first thing that gets turned into a glowing crater.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
goddamnedtwisto (pbuh) was right, in the event of an actual hot nuclear war the best thing to do is to live as close as possible to one of those places, run out into the streets, and throw yourself to your knees, head and chest towards the sky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmIBAGP6P6M

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Not a chance, I’m going to bury myself in a hole underground then start a fun cult with loads of cars with spikes on and drugs

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
John DeLorean did all that without the nuclear war.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Seek shelter in...Minecraft?

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

OwlFancier posted:

Ideally of course you avoid tsunamis by being not near the coast or high up, but failing that if you do a frame perfect dodge cancel you can clip through the tsunami's damage field and then you just have to swim for a while.

Reminds me of that time they did a "property hotspots for if nuclear war breaks out" and for some reason they suggested whitby, despite RAF fylingdales being like 10 miles down the road and being the first thing that gets turned into a glowing crater.

When you hear the air attack warning you and your family must race up to Whitby buy all the property and let it out at extortionate rent to all the nuclear refugees.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO1HC8pHZw0

If I were in the strike zone then yes, run out and make sure I'm wiped out in the first blast. Otherwise I'm too much of a FOMO to do that. I always wonder how I'd work out in a post-apocalyptic world. What is the perfect amount of obesity to (a) have enough in built fuel storage to keep me going (b) but not so obese as not to be able to run from the cannabalistic skinnies. Wish I'd passed that CBT test now instead of mowing the cones over and then when I finally got out on to the road going A over T over the handlebars and ending up on the road with a motorbike on my back.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Mar 4, 2023

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Honestly I think I might do about as well post apocalypse as I do at the moment. Plus you can always die later if you change your mind.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

i cant wait to be the court jester for whoever becomes the warlord of middlesbrough in the post apocalypse

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Would we even notice if the world ended? Already feels like it up here sometimes.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

OwlFancier posted:

Would we even notice if the world ended? Already feels like it up here sometimes.

only when December rolls around and nobody sees chris rea driving home.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/leftiestats/status/1631713471451504641

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

What loving justification does anyone have to argue for incandescent light bulbs? Do they feel their energy bills are too low?

I remember the last place I rented, probably around 2011, had a living room lit by 9x 50W GU10 halogen bulbs. 450W just to keep the lights on.

Old style lightbulb inefficiency can be utilized in certain applications such as a cheap frost guard for plumbing and such. So they have a few niche applications for me that I can't easily replace. Made a really good self regulating over current protector.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ItohRespectArmy posted:

i cant wait to be the court jester

I have an opening but you'll have to move south

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Rarity posted:

I have an opening but you'll have to move south

thatswhatshesaid.gif

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Lol. She has such a thin skin

https://twitter.com/TimesRadio/status/1631729573565014029

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

There is a lot of "I don't like how this interview is going. Cut their Mike!" Going on in radio land.
SDLP says it's concerned over balance of BBC's 'editorial decisions' after MLA taken off-air
https://jrnl.ie/6009881

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

The Question IRL posted:

There is a lot of "I don't like how this interview is going. Cut their Mike!" Going on in radio land.
SDLP says it's concerned over balance of BBC's 'editorial decisions' after MLA taken off-air
https://jrnl.ie/6009881

Stephen Nolan is the worst kind of rightwing sensationalist media person, complete with looking like an uncooked sausage roll and having a well-established reputation for giving copious airtime to drugmules for Loyalist gangs like Jamie Bryson. Unfortunately he also

1. Runs the only political interview show of note this country seems to have.

2. Aggressively sues anyone who impugns his character.

2. Has the egregiously nasally Belfast accent.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Lmao. The solution to the NHS crisis is…. Chatbots!

https://twitter.com/stevebarclay/status/1631936520356544513?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back
£10 million for a copy of Eliza licensed for 70 million people, sold to them by a bloke down the pub, to ward off the baying mob seeking antidepressants

£6 million for the tumour-detection AI that has 100% accuracy at identifying images containing a measuring tape or ruler

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Alright, I think we're ready for the butlerian jihad.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I've seen Threads enough times (once) to be glad I live about 15 miles from RNAD Coulport, so when the canned sunshine gets opened, I'm a scorched shadow in the first salvo.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

https://twitter.com/jamieeast/status/1631979064952082432?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I think 15 miles is far enough so that you'll likely be horribly injured but not immediately killed :)

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Have you tried turning your diabetes off and on again?

Here's a link to our handy FAQ for diabetics.

Do you still need help?

*massive wall of text spam*

One of our advisors will be with you shortly

Advisor has disconnected

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

smellmycheese posted:

Lmao. The solution to the NHS crisis is…. Chatbots!

it hurts when I pee, what should I do?
not sure how many I get.
has anyone else got one like me?
i am 9.
what can i do?
my mom put me in the bathroom when i ask,

What medicine should a man take if it hurts when he pees?
Remove a carrot from your rectum.
Stuff it up your nose.
You will not feel the carrots in your rectum.
You will feel the carrot on your nose.
You can still see it on your finger when you remove the carrot.
Remove a band - aid from your rectum.
Insert into your vagina.
You will not feel a band - aid in your vagina.
You will feel the band - aid on your rectum.
It is said that the first true love is the love between a man and his toilet paper.
It seems that since we will no longer be married, I will have to embark on a second journey through finding that true love.

A man goes to the doctor and says it hurts when he tries to urinate. The doctor says, ‘Did you ever try to cross your legs and hold your sphincter?’ So the guy says, ‘Cross my legs and hold my sphincter.’ So the doctor takes a magnifying glass and looks at the guy’s sphincter and it’s out of shape.”

When someone asked me how I was doing, I told her I was “holding it together.” Then I launched into a description of watching the Earthling movie yesterday.

A man goes to the doctor and says it hurts when he tries to urinate. The doctor says that's normal and refers him to a urologist.

After seeing the urologist, the man returns a week later and says it still hurts. The doctor takes a blood sample and sends it to the lab.

The next day, the man calls the doctor and asks to set up an appointment. "Why, I'm pretty sure that your results will be normal," the doctor says. "How's that?" the man asks. "Well," the doctor answers, "the lab reports that your testosterone level is extremely high. You must be having an affair."

Some of my friends think I'm depressed

it hurts when I pee, what should I do?
how much water do you drink every day?
stomach aches.
What do I have to eat?
- How many inches are you?
i have never.
- I have never had my boyfriend drink urine before, did he?
yes.
how can he do that? can I drink pee?
- Can a boy get impregnated by your pee?
It depends on the quality of the urine.
- How do you know it is okay to drink a female's pee?
- When can I drink it?
- Where do you find it?
You have to know the exact age when a guy can make it to be impregnated.
Can it happen when he is a teenager?
- Can a girl get impregnated by a boy when she is a teenager?
It is possible.
If you are a girl and you are older than 18 you should be ready for it to happen.
- What does it mean to be impregnated?
- How does it feel to be impregnated?

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Gonna do a GPT jailbreak on my AI doctor and get it to prescribe me all the good drugs

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
I used Chat GPT last night to teach me how to write a bash script that automatically backs up my home directory every evening into a compressed archive and saves it to a networked hard drive. Chat GPT is good for that, but even then it got some things wrong that I had to go back and troubleshoot myself.

I don't want it replacing my doctor.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

What about replacing ministers? Level of understanding and accuracy matches, but the robot isn't inherently a oval office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

What about replacing ministers? Level of understanding and accuracy matches, but the robot isn't inherently a oval office.

An AI trained solely on Hansard