Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Leave ‘im. He’s a good guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

MrMojok posted:

“Careful with my Lladro, I don’t even wanna say how much it costs.”

*whispers at Devin*

“Three thousand dollahs!”

in retrospect, AJ should have stayed with devin, being a Kept Man is probably as good an outcome as he could have hoped for

being little carmine's protege is a close second though

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Ainsley McTree posted:

in retrospect, AJ should have stayed with devin, being a Kept Man is probably as good an outcome as he could have hoped for

Indeed, he can rise to Little Carmine's heights of fixing wet t-shirt contests although this might tax AJ greatly.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
There's no stigmata these days.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Fuckin' albacore around my neck.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Ainsley McTree posted:

Little Carmine objectively won The Mafia. He made his money, got out successfully, loves his wife and family, goes swimming naked when he comes home, and exactly zero people are going to murder him in a diner.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Fuckin' albacore around my neck.

Every time I watch the Sopranos I discover a new malapropism, as a non-native English speaker I love figuring these things out.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Pattonesque posted:

Little Carmine objectively won The Mafia. He made his money, got out successfully, loves his wife and family, goes swimming naked when he comes home, and exactly zero people are going to murder him in a diner.

He and his wife were also smart enough to get the gently caress out when everyone started killing each other in the fifth season.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Pope Corky the IX posted:

He and his wife were also smart enough to get the gently caress out when everyone started killing each other in the fifth season.

Little Carmine realized he was at the precipice of a huge crossroads.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Between the sacred and the propane.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

People like to conspiracy theorize that he had some grand plan and orchestrated all this internal conflict to some devious end but I prefer the simple explanation that he was just smart enough to realize he was too dumb to carry on his fathers legacy and that he could get out if he wanted to

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

IMO Little Carmine is actually quite intelligent, he just doesn’t express himself very well.

For example, his analogy about Louis XIV is actually quite apt. He was talking about Carmine Sr. and Johnny Sac. He just did it in his typical fashion, with “Louis the whatevah” and “Ver-sails”

Also he’s the only mafia guy who ends up healthy, happy, and free. And he doesn’t go about in pity for himself.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

On the other hand, the whole “your brother billy, whatever happened there” thing was pretty dumb. It’s an interesting point though; if I ever do a third rewatch, maybe I’ll pay more attention to little carmine this time

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Ainsley McTree posted:

On the other hand, the whole “your brother billy, whatever happened there” thing was pretty dumb.

I don't subscribe to it but I like the theory that it was a tactic to get the families to butt heads.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
"whatever happened there" is something I use almost every day and it makes me laugh every time.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Matt Zerella posted:

"whatever happened there" is something I use almost every day and it makes me laugh every time.

"Whatever happened there?"

"....The shooting."

"WHATEVER HAPPENED THERE?"

"God rest his soul, huh?"

:allears:

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Ainsley McTree posted:

On the other hand, the whole “your brother billy, whatever happened there” thing was pretty dumb. It’s an interesting point though; if I ever do a third rewatch, maybe I’ll pay more attention to little carmine this time

LOL, point taken!

I also love how as soon as Carmine says it, Tony goes "Alright then!" and quickly makes to get up and leave.

Jeshush Christ Carmine, what the gently caress?! Why would you POSSIBLY bring that up?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

"He tried to talk, he couldn't even say his last words! Anybody ever die in your arms, you cocksucker? A family member, somebody you love?"
"No."
"Well, give it time. See if I can make that happen for you."

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Dawgstar posted:

"Anybody ever die in your arms, you cocksucker? A family member, somebody you love?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIXhBkcobm0

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJUuQpgyguo

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Vito was gonna kill Finn right?

"Vito Spatafore is a married man. I don't think he wants to kill you"

And then goddamn Meadow is awful for the entire fight. If I was Finn I'd be out of there so loving fast.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I dunno, I always got the impression and please pardon the pun, that Vito knew killing the boss's daughter's boyfriend was a bad idea so he was gonna suck up to him and buy Finn's silence.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Yeah, the scene with Vito sitting by himself at the baseball game checking his watch and looking sad strongly suggests his plan was to buy Finn's silence through trying to be friendly, not through murdering the boss's daughter's boyfriend

Admittedly he did murder the boss's daughter's previous boyfriend but he also had, you know, sanction for that, it wasn't him acting alone. It is kinda funny though.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

"Oof, madone, gotta whack another one of Meadow's boyfriends."

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live

toggle posted:

What was the best closing credits song? The Valley? Running Wild?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxKjiQIqAeU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

:cripes:

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

KORNOLOGY posted:

Wtf Is that slang for

Yiddish slang. Leech, parasite. Somebody who always seems to show up when their is free food.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
I always figured Little Carmine was just, kind of, like, the best person of the mobsters and that's why he 'wins the mafia.' Like yeah, he's still a monster, but like he seems to be faithful if I recall, has no real monstrous ambition by and large, is happy living in comfort with his family, and so on.

Like he's basically doing what most people say they would do if they were Walter White and poo poo - 'I'd make enough to make sure my family and I could live in luxury, then I'd stop. Why rock the boat? I'm logical!" Which is true, but the thing is, you know, most mobsters and people like Walt are driven by greed and ambition and jealousy and so there is never enough.

But for Carmine, yeah. There was enough.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Where's my Barney's underpants? with the ventilated cotton

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
I don’t feel like I’m sittin’ at 12 o’clock.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

the fact that janice actually falls for loving richie aprile and ralph cifaretto is proof alone that their upbringing was deeply flawed. wouldn't even need the flashback scenes to the 60s to piece that together.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

I guess ralph was at least able to come off as charismatic if he wanted to, but aprile was just non-stop projecting "absolute psychopath" at all times

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

ulvir posted:

I guess ralph was at least able to come off as charismatic if he wanted to, but aprile was just non-stop projecting "absolute psychopath" at all times

I don't know if I'd call Ralph charismatic. Maybe in a used car salesman way at best.

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
He's a loud mouthed murderous monster with a hilarious accent. The king of Italians.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
How could it be okay if it’s askew?

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

The most empathetic character on the show is agent 'hungry' harris who just wants a good sang

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Ah yes, Joey Peeps. It's sad when they go young like that.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

GolfHole posted:

The most empathetic character on the show is agent 'hungry' harris who just wants a good sang

*stamping the 9th hole on his free sandwich card*

We’re gonna win this thing!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Futanari Damacy posted:

Ah yes, Joey Peeps. It's sad when they go young like that.

"'Peeps?' It's a fuckin' nickname, his family name is Peparelli!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

The funniest thing about that scene to me is Tony and Sil glancing down at a little card that had his name on it like they never knew the guy’s name was anything but Peeps either.