Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

bad result for TSM, but wildturtle looked... pretty good? wasn't feeding his rear end off, kept up some solid CS, and knew when to flash in appropriately for most of the game

probably an upgrade over neo overall but it's hard to tell for sure with how much bugi and maple were running it the gently caress down this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
They even scheduled LCS early so the 100T geriatric players can get to dinner matinee on time and they still suck rear end; next!

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Firebert posted:

They even scheduled LCS early so the 100T geriatric players can get to dinner matinee on time and they still suck rear end; next!

it should be illegal to play zeri in pro if you're over the age of 27

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

lol doublelift

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

CODChimera posted:

lol doublelift

guy got absolutely clobbered and bjerg had 0 presence all game, who'd've thunk it

no clue what happened with closer honestly, unless the spirit of the talent suppression machine followed its two legacy players over to 100T

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

I just assume all problems with junglers on Bjerg teams are Bjerg-based. He has a very particular way he wants to play mid/jg and it doesn't really leave the jungle looking good.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

I suspect ASOL is gonna get banned more often until the meta produces a counter.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

saintonan posted:

I suspect ASOL is gonna get banned more often until the meta produces a counter.

it might be a bjerg zilean case with the LCS specifically, since the LCK has been avoiding ASol like the plague due to how horribly weak he is early on, especially in a meta where the botlane can end up deciding the course of the entire game

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Vermain posted:

it might be a bjerg zilean case with the LCS specifically, since the LCK has been avoiding ASol like the plague due to how horribly weak he is early on, especially in a meta where the botlane can end up deciding the course of the entire game

Yeah I've seen that on LCK casts, but there's been two out of three games here in LCS where the opposing team looks super confused and hesitant dealing with ASol. The third game, of course, was Bjerg, and ignoring Bjerg entirely is a good play.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

i think i can say at this point with some confidence that NS, at the very least, could absolutely beat either DIG or IMT

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Dig seems to be living in that "We have all the advantages and somehow still lose

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

this game is like the league of legends equivalent of watching the room

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Vermain posted:

it should be illegal to play zeri in pro if you're over the age of 27

deft is 26 i don't think he's suddenly gonna look this bad within a year

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
what an absolutely ridiculous double throw

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

this is the best game of the week

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
NA is truly the greatest region

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
baron flip on top of it with no junglers let's go

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Jesus christ nobody can even END this game.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
LMAO DIG BARON

How do you not time that correctly and block it?!

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
i will simply not block the zoe from sniping the baron after starting it with no smite. professional top laner.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

why is armut not loving STANDING OVER THERE!!!!!!!!

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

The quality of this game = the quality of Le Tigress commentary

She's just making noises at points

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Vermain posted:

why is armut not loving STANDING OVER THERE!!!!!!!!

afraid of getting bubbled into elder execute but like. if you're that afraid don't start baron.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

christ almighty, that game

poor, poor DIG. i thought maybe that one win would give them back some momentum but the level of play that game was beyond the pale

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

amazing

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Vermain posted:

i don't think anyone really knows; NS dropped their entire team at the end of 2022 and promoted the challengers roster to the main stage without so much as a comment as to why

i think in this case, the likeliest reason is that they didn't have the money to buy an actual roster or maintain the contracts of their current players, so they just brought up their already-contracted challengers team to save some cash. really lovely situation for the players to be stuck in

it's hard to untangle exactly what happened, too: the primary provider of the EG allegations is thoorin, and danny supposedly came out to countermand it and say that he simply didn't seek help for his mental health struggles and bottled it up, but he's also under significant financial pressure to not rock the boat given that he wants to be an EG content creator for income. either way, the fact that we've probably lost him for good sucks poo poo, and i strongly suspect EG isn't blameless, even if solely by neglect

I don't know about the Thorin allegations but it seems from the outside to me that they pushed Danny to the limit they could have stopped him way earlier from playing and it seems him crying on stage was the final straw for them. I mean these esports are super scummy, look at what happened at TSM behind the scenes.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
another 100T game finished before 5 mins

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

this loving pensioner botlane is making poome look like keria

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
EG win and Vulcan ascends the throne

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/arshgoyal13/status/1632078549783048193

Jesus christ

Danny lost so much weight from stress in the playoffs that his doctor wanted to hospitalize him

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

deft's stats are 1st in almost every category except for gold/min, at which he's in second

just an absolutely crazy comeback. he went from looking like an old vet trying to get one last hurrah in his final year playing to being the literal best ADC in the entire LCK and putting out shockingly good performances every single game at an age when most pros would be pushed out of the scene

Firebert posted:

https://twitter.com/arshgoyal13/status/1632078549783048193

Jesus christ

Danny lost so much weight from stress in the playoffs that his doctor wanted to hospitalize him

yeah, that's pure "what the gently caress" territory; zero chance anyone on coaching or management somehow missed their star player going thin as a rail

doubt there's any actual legal liability, sadly, but i hope riot cleans house if those allegations are true. you've got an ethical duty to look after your players, especially when they're as young as danny is, and that needs to be enforced vigorously if these teams aren't willing to police their own behaviour

Vermain fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Mar 4, 2023

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Vermain posted:

deft's stats are 1st in almost every category except for gold/min, at which he's in second

just an absolutely crazy comeback. he went from looking like an old vet trying to get one last hurrah in his final year playing to being the literal best ADC in the entire LCK and putting out shockingly good performances every single game at an age when most pros would be pushed out of the scene

Definitely one of the GOATs, won LCK with Samsung Blue, KT, won MSI with an LPL team, won multiple LPL splits, made worlds almost every year. Honestly even last year he was good, imo he never looked washed even in HLE or Kingzone which were his "bad days" mainly due to poo poo rosters. . I remember there is one year he was playing with Tusin and they missed worlds. But him and Tusin gigastomped LCK that year, just go watch some of his Jinx games from that year. As someone who started watching in season 3. He is like the only player along with Faker and Rookie who I have seen stay that consistent, perhaps Karsa being the other.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

impact is the other name that comes to mind when it comes to old pros who've kept their same poise; i think the fact that pro player careers in league are so shockingly short makes their consistent performances year after year all the more impressive

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Just read the Danny post, man evil genius really living up to their name huh. That was really hard to read.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
teams have been turfed out of the lcs for less. disgusting.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

RealityWarCriminal posted:

teams have been turfed out of the lcs for less. disgusting.

i think there's enough of a furor in the community at large that there'll be an investigation at bare minimum, since even the LCS casters have been weighing in on twitter, and nothing qualifies that whole "don't let your team reflect poorly on the league" clause in the rulebook more than mindlessly pushing a player so hard that he nearly has to be hospitalized

Tombad
Oct 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/100T_Esports/status/1632482407793278976
https://twitter.com/kaas100t/status/1632484806826295296

Year of the duck :psyduck:

I have feeling that getting rid of kaas won't fix their problems, but it's continuing the trend of LEC players/coaches struggling in NA. Nukeduck is from EU as well, so I guess we'll see how this goes? Kaas' tweet just sounds like deflection that he had other plans to improve and 100T didn't approve.

To be fair, I haven't had the time to watch LCS properly (and the new schedule suuuuuuucks) but I've watched some highlights!

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

i think whether coaching changes help at all depends a lot on what 100T's fundamental issue is, because they really do look genuinely lost in the majority of their matches. closer's a ghost, bjerg farms mid forever and then dies, and dlift/busio range from "holding their own" to "actively throwing the game via misplays". just doesn't feel like there's any team cohesion or willingness to fight outside of tenacity trying his hardest

100T looked pretty alright at the very start before bombing out once people realized that you can just hard force bot to get an early advantage and 100T will consequently fail to do anything except scale, and while that can be an indicator of a faulty approach to coaching, it might also be an indicator that they've got two boomers who can no longer aggressively win their lanes and are thus forced to adopt a passive wait-and-see approach. that might've worked three years back, but it's starting to feel like the LCS is a different, if still occasionally comically inept, beast where fewer and fewer teams are willing to roll over and play that game

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
100T has a personnel issue, Closer is not at the level you need your import slot to be and the rest of the team is average domestic level at best. Even if you bench DL for Unforgiven these issues still remain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

when you know going in that all your solo laners are going to lose lane, that's not something coaching can fix.