Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Somehow they made this game even worse than year 1. Gj bungie, trash game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Spanish Manlove posted:

Is mobility worth it?

not really, I don't think.

it boosts walking and ads strafe speed not sprint speed. it boosts the height of your first jump, but not the actual double jump.

so the ads strafe is kind of ok for pvp, and there's a few very niche pve situations where you want more walking speed or every bit of height... but compared to resiliance and recovery? No contest.

Even hunters- having more dodges is nice... but dodge cooldown is pretty short and there's enough other ways of reducing the cooldown that you can have it pretty low and still have dodge up pretty much whenever

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Somehow they made this game even worse than year 1. Gj bungie, trash game

there's flaws for sure but this is just absolutely wrong

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
The smart sidearm fuckin rules

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
I am overwhelmingly being awarded the Joy Bringer commendation, which is clearly because I'm sexy and cool and people love rezzing me when I Tarzan into a group of people and die because the attack didn't proc so I ended up shooting a single strand knife and getting obliterated

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Kondo’d

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Commendation score and based on previous descriptions, harder content commendations give way more points.

Looking at the last ranks it doesn’t look that bad. Do all raids, do solo dungeon, do master dungeon, and gold conqueror are the most time consuming.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Mar 4, 2023

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

Junkenstein posted:

That bit in the last mission where you defend the veil with Caiatl should be its own mode.

peak of the campaign tbh. Really cool seeing a callback to the orbital strike gun from Reach there too, and it was really satisfying nuking the tanks while trying not to die

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Commendation score and based on previous descriptions, harder content commendations give way more points.

Looking at the last ranks it doesn’t look that bad. Do all raids, do solo dungeon, do master dungeon, and gold conqueror are the most time consuming.

It's kind of annoying how easy the rank 8 stuff is cause I'll probably have most of it already done if I ever get my commendation score up or flawless a legendary lost sector. Should've just had all the requirements active at once and have guardian ranks be based off triumph score in that pool

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

So, grapple loving owns, and like so many successes I dare them to push it rather than try to nerf it.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

I am overwhelmingly being awarded the Joy Bringer commendation, which is clearly because I'm sexy and cool and people love rezzing me when I Tarzan into a group of people and die because the attack didn't proc so I ended up shooting a single strand knife and getting obliterated

Bind a key to uncharged melee and it works every time.

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

Wish-Ender should get a catalyst that makes it Strand, and get some kind of interaction when you shoot through multiple folks at once

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
The commendation system is baffling. I'm assuming it was incompetently copied from other games. In a strike there are only two extremely vague options, "fun" and "thoughtful" and both my teammates can't be fun at the same time apparently. Give me a big list of meaningful awards and I'd actually pay attention to the system, but as it stands I just have 2 to 5 extra clicks at the end of every activity.

My wishlist:
High damage badass
Saint who patiently rezzed me after five platforming failures in a row
Jealous of your fashion sense
Thanks for not getting mad when I messed up a very easy raid mechanic that I've done dozens of times before
I appreciate the carry! (pvp only)

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

All right I'm a little salty, working on soloing legendary Calais and finally got him to the Gladiator segment.

He gets caught on some boxes and then suddenly telefrags me. instant death as my corpse gets yeeted across the arena.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I am hearing that, despite the name, being a Broodweaver apparently does not give you the ability summon spiders. This displeases me.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Threadlings look more like Bombchus than spiders yeah.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Mile'ionaha posted:

All right I'm a little salty, working on soloing legendary Calais and finally got him to the Gladiator segment.

He gets caught on some boxes and then suddenly telefrags me. instant death as my corpse gets yeeted across the arena.

People are calling it cheese if you grapple to the top of the dome as it's coming down but Ghost's whole plan was to use strand to do something Calus wasn't prepared for so I say it's a mechanic.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

Junkenstein posted:

People are calling it cheese if you grapple to the top of the dome as it's coming down but Ghost's whole plan was to use strand to do something Calus wasn't prepared for so I say it's a mechanic.

I'm gonna call it the canonical version of events

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
I got to the strand training campaign mission and of all the things for the darkness to end up being eastern philosophy translated through an LA yoga girl was not my guess

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
Also since I didn't do the Witch Queen legendary campaign I'm having more fun with this than I've had probably since house of wolves OG trials. First time I've ever successfully gotten an RL friend, so the quality of the campaign is secondary. I like the mini-raid mechanics in the campaign and the big battles are actually a good introduction to the good parts of destiny.

It was super hard when I was trying to use a noob gear with my friend but since i switched to witherhoard and a real build the difficulty is perfect for me.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Junkenstein posted:

I did this entirely on accident, I planned to do the fight "the right way" on at least my normal difficulty run but I went into a weird panic mode when the dome started coming down and I was at the edge of the arena and I saw the countdown and just hit the grapple key out of instinct.

He went incredibly aggro on my buddy who was inside the dome lmao

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Also, Karsten Gauntlets are doing some WORK for me.

If I was braver I'd try the +damage gloves instead

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
They definitely turned off the Neomuna Loot Switch, I popped a bunch of nimbygrams after running my daily TO for the glaive and got zero Neomuna loot, just world drops.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I played almost exclusively warlock in BL and WQ, and I was planning to switch over to Titan for Lightfall. But drat, Broodweaver seems cool as poo poo and it is hard to give up healing circle for a stationary wall I never use right.

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
also i take back my rage about titan strand, string people up then slashing them is v cool. I'm sorry bungie can you forgive me for being a bad fanboy

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

I played almost exclusively warlock in BL and WQ, and I was planning to switch over to Titan for Lightfall. But drat, Broodweaver seems cool as poo poo and it is hard to give up healing circle for a stationary wall I never use right.

you can run loreley for healing even on strand, it still makes sunspots.

also, let's hear it for the end of the campaign getting explained in... a random patrol dialogue from Jisu Telemundo
https://twitter.com/Zavallr/status/1631888357281112064?s=20

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

Mile'ionaha posted:

Also, Karsten Gauntlets are doing some WORK for me.

If I was braver I'd try the +damage gloves instead

I'd try em if glaive melee didn't overwrite grapple melee. Love the idea of proccing it by slamming into a group of enemies and mowing them down with beefed up glaive melee but it's lil too clunky

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I've been out of town since last Saturday, so I missed the launch and a whole bunch of other stuff. Catching up on the thread has been slightly concerning, but I'm looking forward to playing anyway.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
I almost gave up on the legendary campaign coming in after being gone for 4 years. But then I unlocked that crafted poison legendary weapon and found a blue machine gun. Campaign is way easier with better weapons. Also getting to 1760 and jacking my resilience to 90 from 50 helped.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Doji Sekushi posted:

Warlock strand build that keeps everything suspended forever (using striga and necrotic grips) feels way better to me than the threadling build. Not sure I like it over stasis or good, but there's something there for sure.

Yeah, threadlings are fun but that build seems more effective. Striga is already broke and when you pair with grips + suspend it wrecks even high level content

Chomposaur
Feb 28, 2010

Hamelekim posted:

I almost gave up on the legendary campaign coming in after being gone for 4 years. But then I unlocked that crafted poison legendary weapon and found a blue machine gun. Campaign is way easier with better weapons. Also getting to 1760 and jacking my resilience to 90 from 50 helped.

Similar situation with me, I was trying to muscle through it with the expansion auto rifle and no real build to speak of and just about gave up after it took me hours to grind through the last room in mission 3. Saw a bunch of people trying Le Monarque and decided to give it a go and it's basically single handedly carried me throughout the campaign.

Also I'm on hunter and using Assassin's Cowl has been huge for the strand sections, just constantly popping in and out of invis with grenade melee. It only took me a few tries to get through the infamous "vex blender" at the end of mission 7 between that and Le Monarque.

I have to say initially I was really turned off by the campaign and it's really jarring placed alongside the "main" storyline, but came around on it as a goofy side adventure. Looking forward to giving it a shot on my titan.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Haven't played in a few days due to feeling like poo poo, so I decided I wanted to start chipping away at the story. Long story short, I got distracted and did a lost sector. My light level is 1670, the lost sector was like 1760. I beat it, but boy that was miserable getting one shot again and again by the boss.

Also, the Ruinous Effigy is still fantastic.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

PERMACAV 50 posted:

They definitely turned off the Neomuna Loot Switch, I popped a bunch of nimbygrams after running my daily TO for the glaive and got zero Neomuna loot, just world drops.
Do you have the rank 30 upgrade? Before that those engrams mostly just gave me world drops. After it's only been Neomuna loot.

Speaking of world drops, anyone get a red border Marsilion-C yet? It's listed as craftable and only needing one recipe. I've gotten the launcher a handful of times now but no red borders.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Oxyclean posted:

Do you have the rank 30 upgrade? Before that those engrams mostly just gave me world drops. After it's only been Neomuna loot.

Speaking of world drops, anyone get a red border Marsilion-C yet? It's listed as craftable and only needing one recipe. I've gotten the launcher a handful of times now but no red borders.

There's something odd that happened to Marsilion. Bungie made a late game decision to remove any world drop craftables from Year 6 per that TWAB comment, and they appear to have cut a Neptune Gun from the pool, and the Marsilion gun looks like it got messed up in the API and shows up as the missing Neptune Gun

You can tell it was intended to be a relic quest craftable a la taipan because it only requires the 1 redframe, and the affiliated vendor is Banshee

Neptune loot pool also has Two grenade launchers which is a definite sign of an oopsy daisy

Also did they gently caress with neptune red frames? I've done easily 15 TOs in the past 24 hours and gotten zero

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Also did they gently caress with neptune red frames? I've done easily 15 TOs in the past 24 hours and gotten zero

The Terminal Overload guns are not craftable, and the chests don't drop the other craftable ones. The source of the craftable neo guns is the gold patrols and nimbus rewards after rank 30, and neither are guaranteed red.

It's so stingy which is why everyone is instance shopping for the gold patrols. You need 2 of each because you can get 3 from doing the campaign/missions on your 3 characters.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Still not digging the changes after playing a ton today to get the glaive. Again, a lot to do with mods straight up not working but I think the vast majority is the "longevity" bs they put in.

I hope the final shape is return to monke and instead of grenades I can fling poop. Seems a lot more fitting.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Grapple needs to be its own thing not tied to your grenade slot and also have a significantly lowered cooldown outside instanced content or something. Feels like complete rear end to use outside specific setpieces designed for it (with all the floating perma grapple points)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It feels especially rear end when the campaign lets you use the overcharged version that recharges in five seconds but then cuts you off when you get the permanent subclass

I'm assuming the grapple points or lack thereof are a side effect of most of the maps being made before grappling was available and going through the whole game to add them was infeasible. And that there's a good chance future new environments will have grapple points

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Hackan Slash posted:

the chests don't drop the other craftable ones.

Are you sure about that part? The Free Chest in TO seems to be a Nimbus Engram, in that it drops world loot with a small chance of Neptune Guns until rank 30, at which point it becomes a guaranteed Neptune Gun. I'd swear I've gotten the Not Shotgun neptune guns from TO today but who knows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I think the free TO chest can give other TO guns besides the rotator, once you have them unlocked. I definitely ended up with shotguns and smgs farming it yesterday.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

There's something odd that happened to Marsilion. Bungie made a late game decision to remove any world drop craftables from Year 6 per that TWAB comment, and they appear to have cut a Neptune Gun from the pool, and the Marsilion gun looks like it got messed up in the API and shows up as the missing Neptune Gun

You can tell it was intended to be a relic quest craftable a la taipan because it only requires the 1 redframe, and the affiliated vendor is Banshee

Neptune loot pool also has Two grenade launchers which is a definite sign of an oopsy daisy

What makes you think they cut a neptune gun from the pool? I'm not following at all when you say Marsilion is getting messed up in the API? But I agree it seems like it's supposed to be something like Taipan. (Maybe it was intended for the "upgrade a weapon to a redframe" quest, but that feature got pushed and they forgot to do something the gun's pattern?)

There's the mysterious key art Hand Canon the hunter is holding, and I've seen people say theres other guns from that key art or preview content that didn't manifest? (Though I think one of the items is a rocket launcher that's two tail fox)

What do you mean two grenade launchers in the neptune loot pool? The only one I know of is the heavy stasis wave frame one - any Marsilions are just world pool drops.

And yeah, TO guns aren't craftable. It's lame as hell and bungie even went back and updated the TWAB to say that Neomuna guns but not TO guns are craftable. (At least noting, that it was updated later) On that note, I dont know what they meant by "some guns that don't have TWQ equivalents" would be craftable.

e: Strange, the shotgun and class swords from the "Recovered Levithan engram", show up in DIM but don't show details, listing as "classified" - similarly, they weren't showing in the weapon list before I collected them.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Mar 4, 2023