Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I forgot how insanely bleak the whole bloody baron storyline is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

some plague rats posted:

I forgot how insanely bleak the whole bloody baron storyline is

i am now remembering how insanely bleak the whole bloody baron storyline is :negative:

drat good game. that whole first act is a master class

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

sharknado slashfic posted:

I kind of want to pre-order Rogue Trader collectors edition but 1) pre-ordering in 2023 and 2) pre-ordering a 40k game ever

I did, it captures the 40k aesthetic extremely well, but it's basically an alpha and I am not smart enough to figure out how the combat system works well enough to enjoy combat beyond getting lucky.

It basically skips the game's planned intro and sticks you into Act 1, and assuming nothing major has changed has a god awful ship to ship tactical combat system.

At best Owlcat polishes the game at launch to being serviceable enough to play through while they patch up the major bugs in the first couple of weeks.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I am playing pokemon infinite fusion which is pretty okay for a pokemon fangame because it doesn't try to be edgy

Leraika has a new favorite as of 06:39 on Mar 4, 2023

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Spent most of the evening trying to build a reptile or insect house for the zoo only to realize the area I wanted to put it in is way too small for something really nice.

So now that area has an enclosure for a pair of binturong and another one that's currently empty, but I'm thinking wombats. Or maybe badgers.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Sally posted:

i am now remembering how insanely bleak the whole bloody baron storyline is :negative:

drat good game. that whole first act is a master class

I decided this time I was going to make different decisions and see how they play out but then I get to the whispering hillock and I'm automatically just like THE CHILDREN DO NOT DIE. gently caress YOU VILLAGE SEE YOU IN HELL BARON THE CHILDREN WILL NOT DIE

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

lmfao

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

some plague rats posted:

I decided this time I was going to make different decisions and see how they play out but then I get to the whispering hillock and I'm automatically just like THE CHILDREN DO NOT DIE. gently caress YOU VILLAGE SEE YOU IN HELL BARON THE CHILDREN WILL NOT DIE

yeah I have the same reaction every time I try to vary it up lmao

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

It's the weekend so I'm back to Xenoblade 2. The first half of chapter 7 was one of the lowpoints of the whole game, but the end was one of the high points, so this game remains a land of contrasts. I just finished 8, so unless I'm further from the end than it feels, I assume I'll finish the main game tomorrow. Not sure yet if I want to jump straight into Torna after that or not.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
I gotta work this weekend so I'll be spending most of my nights loving around in Fate Grand Order probably

It's extra long cuz I picked up overtime on Thursday night too, like a big dummy

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Spent most of the day trying and failing to make an insect house and then trying and failing to make an amphibian house in Planet Zoo.

In today's more notable zoo events:

There's a baby macaque now:

One of the binturongs found some of their food enrichment toys:

There's meerkats now too:

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

out of the following Yakuza titles, which is the best to start with?

Yakuza 6: The Song of Life

Yakuza Kiwami

Yakuza Kiwami 2

Yakuza Zero

Yakuza: Like a Dragon PS4 & PS5

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yakuza Zero

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Runa posted:

Yakuza Zero

Awesome, downloading as we speak.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Runa posted:

Yakuza Zero

Awesome, downloading as we speak.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

yakuza 0 is one of the greatest games ever made, enjoy

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

haha what posted:

yakuza 0 is one of the greatest games ever made, enjoy

i am very excited. my wife on the other hand is really looking forward to stray and horizon and probably saying "gently caress ted faro".

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Xenoblade 2's an extremely cutscene heavy game in general, but the last chapter and epilogue are nuts even by the standard of this game. I'm a confirmed cutscene lover, but it reminded me of Xenogears in a bad way. I'm slightly embarrassed because my gf decided to watch a little toward the end and seemed amused that I was just sitting there watching my game instead of playing it, but it's still less embarrassing than if she'd seen some of the cutscenes in the first half of the game. Overall, despite the dungeon in the first half of chapter 7 being frustrating and the onslaught of cutscenes at the end, I think the back half is much stronger than the beginning of the game.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i am looking forward to finally taking my busted, decrepit gaming rig to the shop tomorrow so someone can fix it. been playing a lot of nba 2k mycareer in the meantime lol. i am at a kind of annoying spot skill-wise where on one difficulty i can effortlessly score 50 points a game, but the next level up leads to a lot of frustrating misses and truly gruesome stat lines. oh well, basketball is fun.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

lobster shirt posted:

i am looking forward to finally taking my busted, decrepit gaming rig to the shop tomorrow so someone can fix it. been playing a lot of nba 2k mycareer in the meantime lol. i am at a kind of annoying spot skill-wise where on one difficulty i can effortlessly score 50 points a game, but the next level up leads to a lot of frustrating misses and truly gruesome stat lines. oh well, basketball is fun.

You made Carmelo Anthony

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Mr Hootington posted:

You made Carmelo Anthony

melo should have kept the difficulty settings at a lower level, preventing his decline

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

lol one chapter in and yakuza 0 is already tons of fun.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
The only problem with playing Y0 first is that it's the greatest video game ever made

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

WarpDogs posted:

The only problem with playing Y0 first is that it's the greatest video game ever made

it is an amazing mix of "does not give a poo poo" and "deadly serious" no joke.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

That tone is all of them. Enjoy

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Took pretty much all day, but my zoo now has an insect house! Even if the exterior is still kind of ugly because I'm trash at buildings. Anyway...

Welcome to THE GROSS WORLD OF BUGS!

Enter through the peaceful Dr. Ian Malcolm Butterfly Garden.

It's hard to get a decent screenshot of a butterfly, so instead enjoy the man himself.

The main area with 12 bug exhibits.

Leave through the gift shop the Egyptian Fruit Bat exhibit.

I know what you're thinking with bats in an insect house, but I have that covered with educational material.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Yakuza series has been on my list for a while, should really grab some of them

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
Y0 really is a must-play for any gamer. If you love it, congrats, you have like 10 more to enjoy. If you only just like it, congrats, you just played one of the best games of all time, and can safely check that off your gamer list

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

I tiger dropped Majima's dick and balls into the shadow realm :saddumb: Sorry buddy

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
Yakuza 0 is an experience.

My ex bought me the best mouse pad. Sorry about the lovely dirt awful table. Just concentrate on the awesome pad!

credburn has a new favorite as of 02:41 on Mar 6, 2023

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

credburn posted:

My ex bought me the best mouse pad. Sorry about the lovely dirt awful table. Just concentrate on the awesome pad!

Those are some hella boobs

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

credburn posted:

looks like they could mod PYF

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Yakuza 0 is so incredible and it’s just a shame that imo the other games don’t even scrape at its majesty.

They’re still good though and I had a lot of fun with Ishin, but then I went back and replayed 0.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
7 is just fantastic too

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I was deeply disappointed that I didn't like 7 as much as everyone else, but I'm hoping they can refine the jrpg mechanics in 8 and between that and bringing back the GOAT I'll be right back in it. Overall I probably liked Lost Judgment more than 7, and games like Kiwami 2 and 5 considerably more than either.

I started Torna today, and aspects of it feel like a big improvement over 2. It's maybe slightly too streamlined, and obviously I can already tell it's going to be a relatively short experience which isn't what I'd want from a numbered game, but not having gacha poo poo cluttering everything up so I can actually focus on blades present in the story owns, and I really like what they did with the blade and driver combat.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
The main character from 7 looks like the guy my ex left me for. Like, I used to photoshop his face on the other because they looked so similar. Fuckin hell, 7 is the next one I'm supposed to play but I won't be able to not just see this guy's goddamn stupid face.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I wish I liked JRPGs like I did as a kid, but 7 just lost me after a while. Which is a shame cause the characters are great.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

YLAD/Y7 had a strong first third, a pretty okay middle bit with a heaping of contrived drama, and one of the best final acts in the franchise. The ending in particular had an outstanding performance from Ichiban's VA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

credburn posted:

The main character from 7 looks like the guy my ex left me for. Like, I used to photoshop his face on the other because they looked so similar. Fuckin hell, 7 is the next one I'm supposed to play but I won't be able to not just see this guy's goddamn stupid face.

I'm sorry Eric Andre stole your wife