Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Mr Hootington posted:

So the big key difference between creative 1.0 and Roblox is in roblox you can create your own models. Creative 2.0 is supposed to give fortnite creators this ability, creat custom animations, and custom sounds.

I do alot of the parkour custom levels when I need to get creator xp for weeklies and stuff. And if people can make mostly on-model giant Super Mario model and stuff like that with whatever 1.0 gives them, I'm interested to see what 2.0 will change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Looking forward to people just straight up recreating Liberty/Vice City

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I miss dual pistols. All the pistol and some of the rifle augments worked for them.

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

I hate the "collect the coin" platform level required for the Witcher gear.
it's tedious

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Is that really an f - boi skin I see in the shop?

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Just finished up the School of Llama quests, Cipher/Creed quests this afternoon.

I'm still only at 196, hopefully I can grind out the last few levels for the last of the battle pass before the season wrap. I'm pinning my chances on the next weekly set, and cipher quests.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
More fortnite news!
A collab that anyone could have seen coming. I hope Leon has both skins.
https://twitter.com/ShiinaBR/status/1631325238309838850?t=3pCC258N0SbuvIVd_MyA9w&s=19
Map changes are happening. Plus new weapons.
https://twitter.com/ShiinaBR/status/1631353430231982081?t=-KBiv7F6C5kE1Q9v7kabBQ&s=19
https://twitter.com/HYPEX/status/1631353421725851649?t=kxsHLJPl7ZwaySalGlWSkw&s=19

I'm guessing we will get more "leaks" until the end of the season.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
Awesome. There's something about the sword gathering tools that I really like. Gonna give Geralt/master chief a katana.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Hell yeah, more motorcycles. Akira when??

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Mister Facetious posted:

Hell yeah, more motorcycles. Akira when??

Tetsuo and Kaneda skins would rock.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
This is the funniest way I’ve ever lost a final circle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb5qakLLIjw

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Lmao at the other player shaking their head

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Spacebump posted:

Lmao

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA

Spacebump posted:

Woah, I didn't even notice there were big trees on the map anymore.
I hope they make a doom forest full of those and get into awesome grenade duels.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hella Vbux in STW today.

165 if you can do all of them

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Today I hit level 200. This is the first time I've ever finished the full battle pass in the 3 seasons I've played. And I think it's a testament to how much stuff they put into this season to boost player engagement. I skipped at least a week worth of days, and only play for maybe 2 hours a day. So it doesn't seem right to be this far along in xp.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

MarcusSA posted:

Hella Vbux in STW today.

165 if you can do all of them
i got back into stw because of the vbux and i remembered that i really like the mode. plenty of stuff to look at and interact with and such, having to scrounge around for parts is cool and fun.
then someone joined, started the mission, and left. but not before smashing all of my defenses.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
I got back into Save the World this year after not playing since 2016 and have had pretty good luck with pubbies. I mostly just stick with the low level areas though.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I've only had a dickhead once in the 1000 matches I've run.

For the most part people are pretty great or they don't do anything but even them being there helps my stats so its ok.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Back when STW was the primary mode I installed the game every so often for, really until no build came out I guess, I used to get a lot of small children who'd enter the match and spend the whole time begging for resources or better weapons. And if you were pointedly gathering the ones they wanted, like fibrous herbs because I needed them for ceiling gas traps or something since they were my strongest thing, they at length claim they were reporting you and calling you names and whatever until I muted them after which they'd try to turn on the van early before you'd really built anything or whatever else they could manage before leaving.

I'm not sure how many times this happened, but it was more then a few. I haven't really given the mode a shake in like 2 years or so now though.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.

Hrist posted:

Today I hit level 200. This is the first time I've ever finished the full battle pass in the 3 seasons I've played. And I think it's a testament to how much stuff they put into this season to boost player engagement. I skipped at least a week worth of days, and only play for maybe 2 hours a day. So it doesn't seem right to be this far along in xp.

It really feels like they did like 5 overlapping events in a row, plus one of those events that give you a freebie cosmetic. So I'm at 160+, which is higher than I've ever gotten.
So, now I know that they'll always find a way to just flood you with XP in those finals weeks no matter what (they really held the XP purse strings those first couple months.)

Speaking of, can I farm eliminations in other modes? I wanna fill out this silly skull I got before the season ends.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
yeah i got all my kills and the victory royale in the team deathmatch one.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

I feel like this season I played about the same as I usually do but ended up like 260, which I've only ever barely finished the season pass before. Just so many little quests every week, and you can easily grind every milestone.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I just hit 200 this morning. First time ever completing a battle pass entirely. I don't have Save the World, and generally don't do more than the quests, so the plethora of quests this time helped a lot.

I'm curious what the last of the Cipher quests will be, and was surprised that the hammer counted as 'explosive' damage!

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

I have Save The World but did not buy it soon enough to earn vbucks. I'm not a fan of it, I got it because it came with a costume, and played through it just enough to unlock the quests that I needed to for that

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lots more leaks out there about mechanics for next season. Idk if it all drops Tuesday or some comes out as the season progresses, but there is going to be some major augment, movement, and map gameplay changes.

The supposed leak also said 1st person drops next season.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

https://twitter.com/ShiinaBR/status/1632701694617305088?t=6S0DIfJzr_-hGZjw3DRgoQ&s=19

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Excessive Purple. Radical Heights collab? In my Fortnite? :thunk:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Here is a weird and maybe very basic (?) question for the left-handed fortnite KB/M players out there. I have my jump bound to right mouse button, my fire bound to left mouse button, movement on the arrow keys (WASD is a bit weird when you're left handed because it places 90% of the keyboard to the right of your right hand, which is awkward), shift to run and ADS on Numpad 0 (I can hit it with my pinky)

I feel like I'm losing medium range to close range fights because I'm not mobile enough. I can of course jump and then quickly fire, but I do have to wait however long it takes to move my finger over. The bigger problem is when I'm firing, I'm kind of stuck on the ground. As a lefty, its kind of awkward to have two fingers on the mouse, just due to decades of muscle memory and learned inertia.

So lefties, how do you have your keybinds set up to maximize movement? Am I being a baby, and I need to put two fingers on the mouse, or do you have another way you do it?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I am a graduate of the school of the Llama

Give me a diploma

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Here is a weird and maybe very basic (?) question for the left-handed fortnite KB/M players out there. I have my jump bound to right mouse button, my fire bound to left mouse button, movement on the arrow keys (WASD is a bit weird when you're left handed because it places 90% of the keyboard to the right of your right hand, which is awkward), shift to run and ADS on Numpad 0 (I can hit it with my pinky)

I feel like I'm losing medium range to close range fights because I'm not mobile enough. I can of course jump and then quickly fire, but I do have to wait however long it takes to move my finger over. The bigger problem is when I'm firing, I'm kind of stuck on the ground. As a lefty, its kind of awkward to have two fingers on the mouse, just due to decades of muscle memory and learned inertia.

So lefties, how do you have your keybinds set up to maximize movement? Am I being a baby, and I need to put two fingers on the mouse, or do you have another way you do it?

You should be setting up macro keys for bullshit slide-jump-shotgun-swap-smg finisher tricks

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Mister Facetious posted:

You should be setting up macro keys for bullshit slide-jump-shotgun-swap-smg finisher tricks

I literally have no idea what that is lol

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

A macro is a series of programmed inputs. Some keyboards/mice have dedicated keys for it. You need a sprint > slide > jump macro and a fire gun 1 (shotgun) > immediately swap to weapon 2 (high rof weapon like an uzi/pistol) > mag dump on chump, then reload and do it again.

You *could* learn to do this with pure skill and practice but uh, loving lol i work for a living.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I have a G300S, and I think it has macros, I'll look into that.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

If not, I'm pretty sure there's just programs out there that set up macros, I don't know if these are considered cheating in Fortnite for whatever anti cheat software it has, because I'm a dirty console player.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lmao if the mod gets fortnite banned

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

RodShaft posted:

If not, I'm pretty sure there's just programs out there that set up macros, I don't know if these are considered cheating in Fortnite for whatever anti cheat software it has, because I'm a dirty console player.

It's no more cheating than the autofire setting on a controller; it's doing what a person can already do, just more efficiently and easier.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Mister Facetious posted:

It's no more cheating than the autofire setting on a controller; it's doing what a person can already do, just more efficiently and easier.

I meant according to their anticheat software. I have no strong feelings one way or the other.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Being 13 should be considered a cheat as well. It's not fair I lost my reflexes as I got older.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Mr Hootington posted:

Lmao if the mod gets fortnite banned

For mouse macros? I’m not sure that’s possible