Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

MaximilianK posted:

I guess whats lost on me is why Rodgers would want to go to the Jets.

I think it's more they're the only team to seriously swipe right here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Perhaps the Jets decide to Gift of the Magi themselves and include Garrett Wilson in the Rodgers trade package.

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
I thought Rodgers was out of the sealed meditation cave already? Go to the Jets Rodgers. The crystals demand it.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

He was in New York as of last night.

https://twitter.com/aaronnagler/status/1631858048082821122?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Ya know what, I somehow thought Elijah Moore and Garret Wilson were the same person.

Looking at Moore's numbers now though, I don't think my point is any less valid.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Garrett Wilson is a legit #1 guy with 1500 yard potential. Moore is a good young slot guy that had a rough year due to the abysmal QB situation and him requesting a trade because of it. Breece Hall is coming off injury but was awesome when he was on. Conklin and Uzomah are solid TE options.

Corey Davis and Berrios will likely be cut but I’d be surprised they didn’t try to replace that cap hit with maybe Lazard if Rodgers comes. Otherwise I’d be fine with bringing Davis back on his existing cap hit.

The weapons are young and good. The offensive line needs some help but if they keep pick #13 they’re in good position to grab one of the top guys.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Diva Cupcake posted:

^^Looking optimistic on keeping our 1st rounder this year.

Also south Florida legend Mike White wants to play for the Dolphins.
https://twitter.com/RichCimini/status/1631731681840308224

if i were a quarterback i would also want to throw to tyreek and waddle

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

MaximilianK posted:

It's not like he has the option to go to any team he wants to... There are limited teams that are in the market for him so it's not crazy to say that the Jets might be more appealing to him than the other options.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

TheBizzness posted:

Ya know what, I somehow thought Elijah Moore and Garret Wilson were the same person.

Looking at Moore's numbers now though, I don't think my point is any less valid.

Are you an NFL fan who thought Moore and Wilson were the same person? lol. really?

To address the actual argument, Wilson is awesome but it's fair to say there are question marks after him including Moore who hasn't been reliable as a Jet but they also likely going to upgrade at X from Davis plus in context of the other teams he will have the option to go to the jets are likely the best.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

mcmagic posted:

Are you an NFL fan who thought Moore and Wilson were the same person? lol. really?

I knew the Jets had one really good receiver I just forgot which one. Sorry Garret Wilson, I did you dirty.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

MaximilianK posted:

So he can follow in the footsteps of his idol Brett Favre.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

TheBizzness posted:

I knew the Jets had one really good receiver I just forgot which one. Sorry Garret Wilson, I did you dirty.

It's a bit of a chicken and egg thing with Moore given the QB troubles. He was open a lot last year, but he obviously had very public issues with the offensive coaching staff and you could tell he was dogging certain plays out of frustration.

I think they should commit to him in the slot and pair Wilson/him with a new X. He should perform a lot better with functional QB play but I don't think Jets fans are close to as high on him as we used to be.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Honestly, Rodgers throwing to both those guys and Mims if he could pull his head out his rear end is terrifying but this is the AFC East thread so go to hell sorry rear end Jets.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

TheBizzness posted:

Honestly, Rodgers throwing to both those guys and Mims if he could pull his head out his rear end is terrifying but this is the AFC East thread so go to hell sorry rear end Jets.

I don't think Mims is on the team next year. I assume if they get Rodgers they'll sign Lazard too.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I had been quietly hoping for Lazard to the Pats not because he is great but because “basic competence and consistency” would be a huge upgrade these days. But him following Rodgers makes a ton of sense.

I’ve since shifted to NE drafting their WR1 of the future and being very hype about it up until week 1. When it becomes clear that he actually sucks rear end and will be perpetually hurt and/or dumb as rocks, as is tradition.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

TheBizzness posted:

Stop bringing up Mims lol. He's a non factor.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Good.

https://twitter.com/richcimini/status/1632454188843118592?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

He was really solid before the shoulder injury caught up with him later in the year. Can’t believe he even played through it at all.

Hope this gives them a more flexible approach at 13.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Also Connor Hughes suggested that Brown's decision to retire/return would depend in part on the Jets' QB plan, so a lot of people seem to think this is a sign that something is coming there.

Idk if that's true (Brown probably just wanted his $10 million, ha), but it does feel like the dam kinda has to break this week.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Yeah at the least it gives us some flexibility and depth at 13. If Skoronski or Paris Johnson are there obv take them, but they probably won’t be forced to trade up if there’s a run.

I think it happens by Wednesday.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

Yeah at the least it gives us some flexibility and depth at 13. If Skoronski or Paris Johnson are there obv take them, but they probably won’t be forced to trade up if there’s a run.

I think it happens by Wednesday.

They still are pretty forced to take a tackle at 13. Though I do like the idea of trading down (still taking an OL) especially if they end up having to trade a 2 for A Aron. But they 100% should be drafting OL in the first round.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

I'd be happy if they traded back and took Schmitz somewhere in the 20s. I don't think he'll be around for their 2nd rounder (if they have one).

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

mcmagic posted:

Stop bringing up Mims lol. He's a non factor.

Nah, I think I’ll keep bringing up how y’all ruined him, thanks though.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

TheBizzness posted:

Nah, I think I’ll keep bringing up how y’all ruined him, thanks though.

I highly doubt the idea of "ruining" a WR is a thing.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Professor Funk posted:

I'd be happy if they traded back and took Schmitz somewhere in the 20s. I don't think he'll be around for their 2nd rounder (if they have one).
Cimini did a piece on OSU center Luke Wypler this morning. He’s from Montvale and grew up a die hard Jets fan wearing 74 for Mangold. If they trade the 2nd he might be more realistic in the 3rd.

mcmagic posted:

I highly doubt the idea of "ruining" a WR is a thing.
Dolphins ruined Leonte Carroo.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

Goddamn it you're right. lol Let me a rutgers homer for christ's sake.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

McDaniel notices the graphic with his name and a note about the Dolphins forfeiting their draft pick and points to Grier lol

https://twitter.com/tili____/status/1632165599421030400?s=20

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Diva Cupcake posted:

Thank you!

I only keep bringing up Mims cause I think he’s really talented and it’s a shame. Hopefully he turns it around for the Chiefs or something.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

So seems pretty clear either Aaron Rodgers or Derek Carr will be the Jets QB next year. I am relieved.

https://twitter.com/jfowlerespn/status/1632523537159208961?s=46&t=D_YpoG1w_W_Eyb0YVNMXlg

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
It’s a great move

Dammit!

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/betmgm/status/1632528634786336768?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

He's getting 35MM+ so he'll likely be be fine where he ends up lol

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I agree.

https://twitter.com/MattParrino/status/1631683207308406787?s=20

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Hell yeah, gimme me a wide receiver who can catch and is fast and/or big please.

I'll take a guard or maybe even a running back too...

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Confirmation that negotiations are underway?
https://twitter.com/RichCimini/status/1632745391887138821

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/4JoshReed/status/1632744608433160194

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1632761843558100993

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Professor Funk posted:

So seems pretty clear either Aaron Rodgers or Derek Carr will be the Jets QB next year. I am relieved.

I knew this post would bite me in the rear end what was I thinking

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

You really can't ever lose betting on the Jets to gently caress up their QB situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I'm not taking this well.