Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
The mod system is always going to feel lovely to me because it feels like the main intent with it was to make players weaker rather than make things simpler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I have 0 doubts that's the reason.

Anyway, spoilers:

Asher is trapped in the vex network, you can see him in the timed mission thing with the bombs, plus the seasonal sparrow has a message from him and he calls us idiots. lol

Also, next subclass color is yellowish so I can't wait to be a piss-wizard. Cross the streams guardian.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I would love to go confirm that but you can only play that mission once a week so welp

Although I am glad they brought back SRL :toot:

One of the exotic quests also mentions someone on Titan who is very likely Sloane so we might be getting the whole band back together

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

haveblue posted:

I would love to go confirm that but you can only play that mission once a week so welp

i assume you can join someone else's fireteam and do it, right? it seems like something not intended to be solo'd except as a special hard mode (there's a triumph for it) so it'd be pretty hosed up if that lockout means you can't help someone else out

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Pirate Jet posted:

The mod system is always going to feel lovely to me because it feels like the main intent with it was to make players weaker rather than make things simpler.

either you're crazy or I'm crazy, because this mod system owns

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

abraham linksys posted:

i assume you can join someone else's fireteam and do it, right? it seems like something not intended to be solo'd except as a special hard mode (there's a triumph for it) so it'd be pretty hosed up if that lockout means you can't help someone else out

Honestly it didn't occur to me to look for teammates, it let me into the mission solo and it wasn't that challenging (at first, the boss is a bit much)

Going to suck when you're going for the 7-minute triumph and end up completing it at 7:02 and can't try again without waiting a week or finding someone who wasn't on that team, though

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Pirate Jet posted:

I'm able to have way more uptime for my grenades on my Hunter than I used to; YAS means that my tripmines are completely or nearly completely back on detonation, and my arc Hunter can mix getting grenade energy on melee damage, making orbs on grenade kills, orbs giving grenade energy, and kickstarts to have the grenade halfway back within seconds. The end of elemental armor types means that I'm able to use my best-rolled armor all the time instead of juggling. It's now easy to have three damage resist mods on your chest. As long as you can make orbs regularly, you can get stupid high overall stats and/or frequent ability uptime. I suspect that the system will show its weaknesses more in GMs, where orb-making-and-collecting will be harder to keep up.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

victrix posted:

either you're crazy or I'm crazy, because this mod system owns

It really does. Maybe a little bit less ability spam but it's much more streamlined. Feeling less powerful probably more due to being -30 LL in Neptune but I'm hucking nades and making space magic explosions pretty much the same as before.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

acumen posted:

It really does. Maybe a little bit less ability spam but it's much more streamlined. Feeling less powerful probably more due to being -30 LL in Neptune but I'm hucking nades and making space magic explosions pretty much the same as before.

Idk I can get the grapple up every 3 seconds with just a few mods and a strand gun

https://i.imgur.com/HGSj0la.gifv

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
There's no way Winterbite will still be enabled for World's First, I'd be surprised if it makes it through the weekend.

Imaginary Friend
Jan 27, 2010

Your Best Friend
So is the grapple as fun as the Halo: infinite one in this?

Funkameleon
Jan 27, 2009
Been messing around with the finisher mods

Empowered Finish x2
Stacks on Stacks
Explosive Finisher

Once you get 3 charges you can finish for most if not all your grenade energy back, and the empowered mods give you 3 charges again, so it can be infinitely looped.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Paracelsus posted:

There's no way Winterbite will still be enabled for World's First, I'd be surprised if it makes it through the weekend.

Ding ding ding

https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/1632138403205775361?s=20

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

add this to the top of the OP tia

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hunter will be disabled entirely by next Friday

Funkameleon
Jan 27, 2009
To be fair though whatever is breaking the orb damage (prob shatter related?) was instagibing bosses.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
yea there is definitely a point at which a bug is so bad that contest mode um ceases to be a contest

also you can still do lost sectors with it so that will be fun

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Oh no, not Gambit!

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

abraham linksys posted:

yea there is definitely a point at which a bug is so bad that contest mode um ceases to be a contest

also you can still do lost sectors with it so that will be fun

It looks like the mega-damage was happening when multiple people were firing the orb together, so solo players wouldn't be getting the unintended benefit.

I wonder if it's possible to proc 1-2 punch, swap to Winterbite, and get a hit in before it wears off. Combine with Synthoceps for max damage.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Can't wait to see how they intend to address the Calus cheese.
Will they adjust the boss?(lmao no of course not)

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I quit playing around the time the 3.0 classes were coming out. Did they change Sunbreaker so that sunspots don’t automatically heal? Or has the “Restoration” or “Cure” abilities replaced that?

Strand Warlock seems real good, especially because I feel like I really start to fall off in effectiveness with Titan once the difficulty ramps up due to how close you have to be to every enemy.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Invisible walls to block off access to the pipe?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
finally played this dumb game for the first time and gently caress it im having fun jumping around shooting things with a post-apocalyptic space wizard

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

have they ever adjusted a story boss. no, don't think so

they only care about raids bosses and then distant second is strike bosses, that's it.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
You fight him once ever (per character) unless you farm the weekly version. They don’t give a poo poo enough to devote resources to that.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Man this strand grind takes too long for it to be character-based!

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

I quit playing around the time the 3.0 classes were coming out. Did they change Sunbreaker so that sunspots don’t automatically heal? Or has the “Restoration” or “Cure” abilities replaced that?

Sunspots proc restoration. They are still very good, albeit not as blatantly broken as they used to be.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

PathAsc posted:

I have 0 doubts that's the reason.

Anyway, spoilers:

Asher is trapped in the vex network, you can see him in the timed mission thing with the bombs, plus the seasonal sparrow has a message from him and he calls us idiots. lol

Also, next subclass color is yellowish so I can't wait to be a piss-wizard. Cross the streams guardian.

Asher is the only good character from the red war and it’s really funny some* people hated him

*i bet they like this campaign

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Lmao it’s real

https://youtu.be/dHQtIU_H_qk

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Asher is the only good character from the red war and it’s really funny some* people hated him

*i bet they like this campaign
I feel like it's more likely that "hates Asher" and "hates Nimbus" have a ton of overlap.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

The smart sidearm fuckin rules

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhcu-Zocklg

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Oxyclean posted:

I feel like it's more likely that "hates Asher" and "hates Nimbus" have a ton of overlap.

Absolutely not. They are polar opposite characters lol, Asher shits on everything and it owns.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Iunno, I certainly remember people complaining about Asher being wacky and annoying and it gives me similar vibes to the people who are very put off by Nimbus.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

PathAsc posted:

If you hang out next to the archivist lady in the hall of heroes, she has a voice line that's like "Guardian codes transmitted over a vex signal? Must be some kind of translation error. Who is 'Mir'?"

Made me a little happy to hear

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Oxyclean posted:

Nah they are totally different. I wish Asher had been around to interact with Angry Osiris

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Lethrom posted:

If you hang out next to the archivist lady in the hall of heroes, she has a voice line that's like "Guardian codes transmitted over a vex signal? Must be some kind of translation error. Who is 'Mir'?"

Made me a little happy to hear

Hell yeah it is good

says something about him saying "assistant" repeatedly too lol

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I’ve just been lurking to see how Light was being received and ho boy has it been fun reading this thread. Campaign sounds like a total mess. Having a bunch of stuff disabled is pretty usual at the beginnings of new seasons, but then I see stuff like this? Unintended game breaking mechanic owns. Considering that projectiles like rockets and (telesto) aren’t they actually programmatically enemies? I wonder how they’re going to fix this without breaking other things.

https://youtu.be/02U4b84wGwY

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
They aren’t going to fix it, it’s intentional. Excluding rockets from grapple would have been very easy and they showed off your ability to grapple moving entities during the marketing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

i'm roughly 2/3rds of the way through the campaign. just got my first strand aspect. thoughts so far:
  • gameplay has been decent overall. legendary has not given me + my husband any trouble at all - from reading the thread i was expecting something way harder, but this is... alright.
  • new mod system sucks poo poo. i get that they wanted to simplify the process but in doing so they also removed a bunch of granularity and cool stuff
  • hahahahaha i can put on all three light element resist mods at once, whose idea was this
  • bring back dire artillery you loving cowards
  • nimbus grates on my nerves but i don't think they're a bad character.
  • the civilian patrol dialogue is going to get old very fast.
  • tormentors suck. they're not even hard, just tedious - they shrug off everything that isn't precision damage, making most Heavy options against them completely useless! remember that big buff that grenade launchers got? apparently tormentors are designed from the ground up to poo poo on that. rocket launchers are similarly useless and swords are a deathwish. if you're not rocking a machine gun or LFR your alternative option is to plink away with primary or special, and that feels loving terrible.
  • strand extremely sucks. i hate being forced to use it and it's very obviously been toned down in speed to make it something that can actually be fought against in crucible. it had potential by offering a super that i cared about but it's just more roaming melee. i do not give a gently caress.
  • oh yeah the fighting lion is broken, the catalyst perk Chimera stopped working so that sucks too

current grade is C- so far. haven't touched seasonal content yet.