Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Honestly, with the way Master Duel seems to go about it, with mostly monthly bans for balance setting certain consistency cards to semi-limited, I'd expect most cards to come back eventually. I didn't dismantle my Toadally Awesome, as I figured they'd eventually bring it back as the meta moves on from Spright being dominant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

If you're around for the bonus then you might as well dismantle everything, if it's ever unbanned you're not down any points if you have to recraft it.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Skios posted:

Honestly, with the way Master Duel seems to go about it, with mostly monthly bans for balance setting certain consistency cards to semi-limited, I'd expect most cards to come back eventually. I didn't dismantle my Toadally Awesome, as I figured they'd eventually bring it back as the meta moves on from Spright being dominant.

Toad can permanently stay in the grave along with Halq, thanks. :colbert:

While we're at it, throw Block Dragon in there also if Konami isn't gonna errata it to be HOPT.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
I finally tried out Spright for the XYZ fest, and Toad is gone forever. It would be so trivial to make every single turn, and the deck is already good and consistent.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

First we got Burger support.

Now we got Gate Guardian.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
You know, its probably less efficient, but I always love the partial fusions the VWXYZ monsters got and I love the partial Gate Guardian here too.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Iserlohn posted:

I finally tried out Spright for the XYZ fest, and Toad is gone forever. It would be so trivial to make every single turn, and the deck is already good and consistent.
In addition to being easy to make it also interacts absurdly well with Spright Elf, so you can use its exceptionally powerful negate twice. You can even grab a Dupe Frog from your deck to protect your monsters from battle if you're feeling spicy.

Tearlament could also make it so I definitely don't see it being unbanned any time soon.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Okay so I really need to stop playing whatever weird poo poo I feel like and start taking Spright seriously, because it kicks my teeth in almost every time. What have people found that can actually give it a proper challenge? My decks on hand right now are...

-Kozmo, technically and barely
-Mayakashi Bone Tower Mill
-Unchained
-Myutant (which is pretty much a writeoff)
-Runick Stun
-Stealth Kragen control

Basically the only deck in this lineup that's even managed wins against Spright is Runick, and that requires a lot of luck since it basically requires me to land two good floodgates fast, and also to hope they're playing a variant that actually cares about them; pure Spright doesn't actually give a crap about Rivalry and only barely cares about Gozen, even if it does eat basically half of any non-pure Spright deck.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Feb 28, 2023

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Cleretic posted:

What have people found that can actually give it a proper challenge?

To properly beat Spright, you gotta use Spright.

On a more serious note, it all depends on your deck's game plan. Going first, having a lot of negates for monster effects or multiple interruptions is definitely the way to stop them. Going second, you have to destroy/negate all of their monster effects on board. Nonetheless, Spright is definitely power creep that makes fun/rogue decks less viable, and Tearlament/Ishizu is coming soon.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Okay, the current mini event is a trash fire and I kind of love it. Just bashing two starter decks together and hoping you get a play before your opponent does. I picked the XYZ deck because it seemed to have the fewest dead cards in it and got three straight wins.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Ardeem posted:

Okay, the current mini event is a trash fire and I kind of love it. Just bashing two starter decks together and hoping you get a play before your opponent does. I picked the XYZ deck because it seemed to have the fewest dead cards in it and got three straight wins.

I picked the same one, and it was hilarious just how much I did brick. But it's so low-stakes I didn't mind.

I spent most of my first game getting walled by a Glow Moss because I just kept drawing monsters!

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Please put 4 star monsters in your deck Yuma

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy
I only played like 6 duels but every time I played against the Yuma deck they popped off. And by popped off I mean kill my guy and sit on Swordsman of Revealing Light until they could Rank Up Utopia or make the Rank 5. I didn't hate it, but it's really just the first person to unbrick their hand wins.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Ah, to be back in Gold again... ran into a truly bizarre Eldlich deck. 60 cards, with multiple copies of every Mirror Force variant, Jelly Cannon, Shield Wing, Mahaama the Fairy Dragon, Predaplant Sarraceniant and a small package to set up the Numeron OTK. I was playing zombies, and as soon as I realised I was playing Eldlich, I figured I was good to go, with Doomking Balerdroch being an easy way to exile all three copies of the golden boy. It turned into a nineteen turn slog, with my Balderochs getting shuffled back most of the time, and me finally winning with most of the damage being done by a Lava Golem my opponent summoned to their side of the field with Eldlixir of Scarlet Sanguine. The Lava Golem activating in my opponent's standby phase also allowed me to Balderoch two of their three Eldlich.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm realizing that Kragen Control/Fish Xyz is actually what I wish 'combos' actually meant in this game. What you do isn't immediately prescriptive nor very long, and there's a wide difference between its floor and ceiling based not just on skill, but also just luck; sometimes the best you'll be able to string together is Stealth Kragen, and that's nobody's fault, but sometimes you'll get a real nasty board together that's hard to break. It's also not very long, either; even at their longest you're still only churning through about six monsters, tops. It's not playing a repeatable game of solitaire for an FTK, which I refuse to believe is any fun to anybody.

Also it can play Time Thief Redoer out of nowhere when on the back foot, and it's really funny how much that card alone can gently caress up some gameplans.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
P.U.N.K is some good poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2WI9ZKYY8o

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Hell yeah. Always makes me happy seeing my pet deck do cool stuff like this.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy
P.U.N.K. is such a slam dunk in card design and aesthetics. I've been having a lot of fun messing with different builds, but I have to say my favorite one so far is P.U.N.K. Dinomorphia. PEP just gets so big

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
https://twitter.com/Yugipedia/status/1632192728267395072

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Well poo poo, that loving sucks for them. I hope they can get things back up and running, that sounds like a nightmare scenario for the tech team

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Oof. That was the best wiki for finding random archtypes and tech cards, and the layout was so much better than the other wikis. I hope they find a more recent backup.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Yeah this sucks. We're stuck with the godawful Fandom wikia for now.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Looks like the Wayback machine has some of it, but I've already found some missing pages.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Honestly, it'll be fun to see what the Ishizu retrains can do without Tearlaments as the only option to play them in by dint of that being the most powerful option by far.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
In physical game news, the next OCG set is getting another archetype based on emulating a video game genre. It turns out Vanquish Soul, or 'VS', is just a fighting game! Its backrow includes the likes of 'inserting another credit to continue the arcade mode', slamming both assists on a tag battle game, and a reversal super, while the monsters seem to include nods to Bloody Roar, BlazBlue, Guilty Gear and Skullgirls.

It's probably not a good deck, but I am happy it's there!

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I'm kindof surprised they're releasing the Ishizu stuff before Tear, you'd think they'd want an environment with Tear at the lowest power possible just so there's a chance to actually sell the cards. What are they going to do at this point, just pretend Kitkallos never happened?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I'm kindof surprised they're releasing the Ishizu stuff before Tear, you'd think they'd want an environment with Tear at the lowest power possible just so there's a chance to actually sell the cards. What are they going to do at this point, just pretend Kitkallos never happened?

I subscribe to the theory that they're bringing out Ishizu cards now just so people can get a chance to use them before they get relatively nuked for Tear's release.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Where the gently caress is Melffy Wally?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

My hunt for melffy support must be put on pause to celebrate this W

https://twitter.com/ComfyBasilisk/status/1632784215766077440?s=19

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Cleretic posted:

In physical game news, the next OCG set is getting another archetype based on emulating a video game genre. It turns out Vanquish Soul, or 'VS', is just a fighting game! Its backrow includes the likes of 'inserting another credit to continue the arcade mode', slamming both assists on a tag battle game, and a reversal super, while the monsters seem to include nods to Bloody Roar, BlazBlue, Guilty Gear and Skullgirls.

It's probably not a good deck, but I am happy it's there!

Its a control/burn deck and to me it looks a little like evil twin where its effectiveness isnt obvious from the first look.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Its a control/burn deck and to me it looks a little like evil twin where its effectiveness isnt obvious from the first look.

Fantastic, a fighting game-themed archetype that fighting game players would hate!

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Now we need one-button auto combo card that count as multiple attributes in hand.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Cleretic posted:

Fantastic, a fighting game-themed archetype that fighting game players would hate!

If you want classic Unga rushdowns or ToD comboes we have plenty of decks for it.

This one goes out to all you Zoner fans

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Currently brewing Ishizu zombie control :getin:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Where the gently caress is Melffy Wally?

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Apparently the next structure deck is going to be Gaia the Fierce Knight themed. I honestly haven't the foggiest as to how they're going to make that in any way appealing.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

DM nostalgia remains a powerful selling point. Otherwise they could just throw in some random UR staple to sell it

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Skios posted:

Apparently the next structure deck is going to be Gaia the Fierce Knight themed. I honestly haven't the foggiest as to how they're going to make that in any way appealing.

They made a poo poo-ton of Gaia the Fierce Knight fusion support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Skios posted:

Apparently, the next structure deck is going to be Gaia the Fierce Knight themed. I honestly haven't the foggiest as to how they're going to make that in any way appealing.

Spiral Fusion is at least funny, and i like the newest set of retrains gimmick of raising attack and then spending it for effects.

The issue is its like the 20th set of Gaia retrains, so you have so many bad unusable versions of the cards

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Mar 9, 2023