Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Does he actually have any formal qualifications in marketing, or does he just self-identify as a “branding expert”?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Nathen's face is that of a man who long ago has renounced any belief in traditional, stifling copyright conventions. Because simply though becoming an entergager (read rich failson) one is granted the rights to get haram with others' intellectual property. Like publishing astroturfing posters for unironic vegan pokemon merch, and without the slightest chance of trademark infringement.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

jfc lol

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Scientastic posted:

Does he actually have any formal qualifications in marketing, or does he just self-identify as a “branding expert”?

He was branded as a branding expert by the worlds oldest youngest Garfield license franchise.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/GarfieldEATSco/status/1632161312850563076

https://twitter.com/GarfieldEATSco/status/1630968622498578444

He's going to get an entergating C&D soon.

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Wow, I can't wait to claim my G-Spot on G-Story!

Wait a second...

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

can only imagine how hosed up the garfolate looks irl

wonder how many in the zoom call are goons

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Wait wtf - he sold chocolate garf heads? This is news to me

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

i mean garfeats even still being in business is news to me

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Alan Smithee posted:

i mean garfeats even still being in business is news to me

It isn’t. All of those posts are past tense
It’s just Nathen going, “remember how cool I was?”

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Frank Frank posted:

There is nothing in that chocolate tweet to indicate this store has been closed for almost two years and he hasn't held that license for 18 months. It seems like it is offering free chocolate for ordering.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Frank Frank posted:

ugh, did they let jonathan nolan direct this poo poo too

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

MassRafTer posted:

There is nothing in that chocolate tweet to indicate this store has been closed for almost two years and he hasn't held that license for 18 months. It seems like it is offering free chocolate for ordering.

Nathen is a very poor writer and also a genuinely crazy person so I don't know why people are shocked he can't get his tenses right. I'm not even sure he understands the concept of linear time.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Like "Dubai" us some coffee.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

MassRafTer posted:

“Sourced”. It’s literally just a “do you remember when” post. You’re absolutely correct that it’s not clear though

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
https://twitter.com/GarfieldEATSco/status/1233457723582427136?s=20

I cannot believe this is still the pinned tweet

https://twitter.com/GarfieldEATSco/status/1629973247256145923?s=20

https://twitter.com/GarfieldEATSco/status/1628544623223136256?s=20

Nathen keeps acting like he's reopening any time now

Delusional as all gently caress, as usual

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
You know I feel like these types of born-rich business/marketing failsons always bounce on from one failed enterprise to the other, but not Nathen! It all comes back to Garfield.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Lol. This poo poo's been going on for 4 years. WTF?

Offler
Mar 27, 2010

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

https://twitter.com/GarfieldEATSco/status/1629973247256145923?s=20

Nathen keeps acting like he's reopening any time now

Delusional as all gently caress, as usual

He seems to have grown a year younger recently, which seems like something that could create some confusion in your life.

Unless he just copy-pasted some old ad copy for that tweet, of course. Or he just forgot how his world-youngest-garfield-licence-holder-age is even supposed to work in relation to his real age.

Or he just removed it to give himself a treat.

When you are as odd as Nathen, there is no shortage of possible explanations.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

"a digital twist"

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

Mordja posted:

You know I feel like these types of born-rich business/marketing failsons always bounce on from one failed enterprise to the other, but not Nathen! It all comes back to Garfield.

I think might be because Nathan isn't a failson, he's a mentally ill failson.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Zeniel posted:

Potato, pogarfield.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Zeniel posted:

A mentally ill failson who really likes Garfield.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

From a few pages back, but anyway...

pseudanonymous posted:

It's into the realm of narcissism for an Arab failson on an allowance to cast himself as a Superhero for starting a website where you can get branded merch, and desperately always trying to get free labor to do his business endeavors from his "fans".

Superheroes are a fantasy, as is eGeez ever haviing any company sell stuff through it, as is anyone ever doing a significant amount of unpaid work for Nathen.

He is nothing if not unrealistic.

that g ova there
Mar 1, 2023

by Hand Knit
If I invested 30k in my appearance I could probably marry him and then not worry about life any more. Now to determine what sexually titillates a man who has so many positive child core memories featuring Garfield...

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
It's hard to even believe he enjoys Garfield or knows the most basic facts about the Garfield universe.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

tbf what more do you need to know besides cat likes lasagna....oh

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

that g ova there posted:

If I invested 30k in my appearance I could probably marry him and then not worry about life any more. Now to determine what sexually titillates a man who has so many positive child core memories featuring Garfield...

I feel that marrying Nathan would probably increase net worries.

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

that g ova there posted:

he’s a gay man or some kind of queer esp given past posts here seeing him in circuit parties and on Grindr or w/e. but that wouldn’t necessarily get you anything good, especially if you had to go back to Dubai with him to visit daddy. seems like a good way to end up dead tbh. the only safe option given that is ‘cis woman,’ as going over there as a tran seems like a very bad idea

that g ova there
Mar 1, 2023

by Hand Knit

tight aspirations posted:

I feel that marrying Nathan would probably increase net worries.

Hopefully he sees my posts. I actually have several things in common with Nathan, such as going to the same school as him. I'm also fascinated by the business world and think Garfield is one cool cat!

Notice me Nathan....

that g ova there
Mar 1, 2023

by Hand Knit

OldAlias posted:

he’s a gay man or some kind of queer esp given past posts here seeing him in circuit parties and on Grindr or w/e. but that wouldn’t necessarily get you anything good, especially if you had to go back to Dubai with him to visit daddy. seems like a good way to end up dead tbh. the only safe option given that is ‘cis woman,’ as going over there as a tran seems like a very bad idea

was he really on Grindr? Cuz anyone can make a fake profile.

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

no one is out here impersonating him lol he entirely lacks the noteworthiness

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

im garfacus

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Kevin DuBrow posted:

It's hard to even believe he enjoys Garfield or knows the most basic facts about the Garfield universe.

I have not seen any evidence that he’s much of a fan. He’s a fan of being a fan if that makes sense.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
In the dark days of Nathan's childhood there was only the modest humor of the Garfield comic strip and the dim haze of his mother's Valium to cut through his father's icy disapproval.

Zombie Squared
Feb 16, 2007

that g ova there posted:

Hopefully he sees my posts. I actually have several things in common with Nathan, such as going to the same school as him. I'm also fascinated by the business world and think Garfield is one cool cat!

Notice me Nathan....

Oh Geez..

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

that g ova there posted:

Notice me Nathan....

you are entergaged at the hip

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

that g ova there posted:

was he really on Grindr? Cuz anyone can make a fake profile.

Make a Grindr profile for a giant stuffed Garfield and you have a winner.

Kevin DuBrow posted:

You’ve seen the video he posted making out with a giant stuffed Garfield while eye loving the camera right? I’d say if anything, he enjoys Garfield a little too much.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Mar 5, 2023

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

david_a posted:

I have not seen any evidence that he’s much of a fan. He’s a fan of being a fan if that makes sense.
Performative and somehow still purely surface-level interest in things seems pretty common amongst malignant e-ntrepreneurs like this piece of poo poo. If he had a genuine appreciation or understanding for anything he would be able to produce actual ideas instead of the vague whispers of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.
Nathen's dad isn't like a Saudi Prince, he's rich but not super wealthy, Nathen's occasional displays of conspicuous consumption are pretty modest. Yeah, he spent 8-10k on a shopping spree once, maybe. If he was really on some crazy allowance he wouldn't be constantly trying to get "fanvestors" to "fanvest" for free.

I think he never really has to work, he can't buy a yacht or probably even rent one for a weekend.

Living with a semi-closeted gay guy [celibate] who is quite possibly mentally ill and a narcissist and also wants to pretend to be super rich but in fact has to live on a fairly strict budget and has delusions of competence and grandeur while constantly self-promoting sounds remarkably close to the 2nd circle of hell to me.