Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Seamus Jennings on Matt Hancock and care home dominoes – WhatsApp messages suggest former health secretary rejected advice on testing in care homes"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Ex-Tory minister praises Sue Gray ‘integrity’ amid Labour appointment row After Serafino Macchiati.

The i paper:

Times:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Skios posted:

Chip Bok

OK sure, sounds like a good idea Bok.

"NO THATS COMMUNISM"

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Fister Roboto posted:

OK sure, sounds like a good idea Bok.

"NO THATS COMMUNISM"

Yeah for real if Biden actually agreed to that Bok's concern for blue collar workers would evaporate and he'd draw them as lazy pierced Zoomers

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Sorry went on a small holiday. This is what we missed.

China Daily

2/3
Anti-China narrative by Luo Jie

3/3
Tearing apart by Cai Meng

Le Monde

2/3
by Urbs from France
Supermarkets: All the prices are going up!
"Go on then! The shopping cart tokens are two euro!"

3/3
Opération séduction pour Macron en Afrique/Macron's Charm Offensive in Africa by Placide from France

Macron tours Africa

Charlie Hebdo

Life goes on on the rails
Incident with a passenger in 400 meters
The 'incident with a passenger' is the phrase used in the Paris metro when someone has gotten injured or is sick on the train and it usually stops traffic. If it's denoted as 'incident grave' it means someone has died, usually via suicide.

The pyramids
"If I could be buried beneath that."
"Noted."
CH just released an edition all about drugs and the comics continue to focus on that subject.

Digital Maturity at 15
"Where are my clients going to go to jerk-off?"
A law has proposed that an individual must be at least 15 to be allowed to sign up to social media.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

oops he remembered to make a joke!!

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

What in the gently caress at that Branco cartoon. It’s literally just straight up hate speech.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

pencilhands posted:

What in the gently caress at that Branco cartoon. It’s literally just straight up hate speech.

O good now we can just copy this going forward.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

man whats with chicago local politics being a national sport for conservatives

do they even understand that lightfoot lost out to other democrats, because she burned her bridges?

the hell of it is, it's a layup. the plurality of the vote went to the cop candidate. the bad conservative cartoons practically write themselves. but none of the usual suspects bothered even reading that much about it.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Clay Bennett

Jeff Danziger

Matt Davies

Lee Judge

Mike Smith

John Branch

Jimmy Margulies

David M. Hitch

Randall Enos - "Trump on a Slippery Slope"

Adam Zyglis

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

do they even understand that lightfoot lost out to other democrats, because she burned her bridges?

the hell of it is, it's a layup. the plurality of the vote went to the cop candidate. the bad conservative cartoons practically write themselves. but none of the usual suspects bothered even reading that much about it.
I was wondering why every single cartoon failed to depict Lightfoot's successor.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

Lightfoot's one of those targets where the fact that she lost is more important than any details surrounding it. It doesn't matter who beats her as long as she has been beaten.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

idonotlikepeas posted:

Jeff Danziger

Who is this supposed to be and why is he wearing a pickelhaube? Is there a new diet and exercise-military-industrial complex I've missed the discovery of? Is that supposed to be the Spirit of War Itself, the malevolent entity that causes wars all on its own because humans can't be lovely enough to do it themselves? Is it Jeff's senility talking? Kellies Nomination: Most Incomprehensible?

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Mar 5, 2023

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Is that supposed to be the Spirit of War Itself, the malevolent entity that causes wars all on its own because humans can't be lovely enough to do it themselves?

Pretty much this, although he seems to stick to cheerleading wars. Danziger has used this character before, but he's generally kind enough to write "WAR" on his helmet. Not sure why he didn't this time; I doubt enough people are sufficiently serious students of Danziger Lore to catch on.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

idonotlikepeas posted:

Pretty much this, although he seems to stick to cheerleading wars. Danziger has used this character before, but he's generally kind enough to write "WAR" on his helmet. Not sure why he didn't this time; I doubt enough people are sufficiently serious students of Danziger Lore to catch on.

Never particularly liked the idea of personifying war in this way. It shifts the responsibility for war and all the associated death and suffering to some malevolent supernatural entity instead of the ordinary jackass politicians and demagogues like Putin, who are the ones actually responsible. It's exculpatory even though it doesn't intend to be.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Garrison just openly putting slurs in today’s cartoon, so I think I’ll refrain from posting it.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Holy poo poo, you’re not kidding. What is happening? Hate against LGBT people is becoming very normalized to a degree I haven’t seen in my lifetime.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

pencilhands posted:

Holy poo poo, you’re not kidding. What is happening? Hate against LGBT people is becoming very normalized to a degree I haven’t seen in my lifetime.

it's real bad, but don't confuse anything garrison does or says as being normal. he's still a deranged crank

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

racism

(to be more detailed, Chicago's gun death numbers are used as a straw man for conservatives to point at and say 'it's not guns, because chicago is a big liberal city with strict gun laws, it's actually all the <OMITTED> black people being subhuman animals inherently predisposed to crime and violence and also gun laws don't work, clearly, so')

(because they're racists who also love their identity reinforcement tools/firearms)

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN
I'm not going to post the latest one but the other two don't have slurs in them so...

Newest conspiracy theory: John Fetterman is actually dead.

quote:

WHERE’S JOHN FETTERMAN?

Senator John Fetterman has been missing for quite some time. His aides say he’s on the ‘path to recovery,’ but nobody knows when he might fully recover. It could take weeks—or so they say.

Fetterman suffered a serious stroke that should have had him cancelling his campaign for the Senate. It was obvious to everyone that he was seriously impaired. Instead, he was propped up by ambitious Democrats—including his wife—and then he won an election against a weak Republican candidate, Mehmet Oz—a TV celebrity, surgeon, and multi-millionaire. We at GrrrGraphics felt Kathy Barnette should have been the Republican nominee based on her MAGA stances, but Trump decided to endorse Oz instead. Geraldo Rivera loved Dr. Oz—a bad sign, at least for us.

Despite needing a computer monitor to interpret speech he was hearing and despite his abysmal perfornance during his debate with Oz, Fetterman somehow won the election. (Was it rigged?)

Now that he’s a Senator, he found he could not function. He went to the hospital fearing another stroke, but was released. He went back again—this time for ‘clinical depression,’ which is said to be a side effect of a serious stroke. Will he ever overcome his health predicament? Did he die of another stroke? We may never know. His wife, Gisele Barreto Fetterman, decided to leave the country and go on a vacation. What wife would do that when her husband was struggling in the hospital? Again, did John Fetterman die? Is he sleeping with the fishes? Are the Democrats covering up the news while they search for a look-alike to fill Fetterman’s extra-large shoes? Unlike Hillary and Biden, it must be difficult to find a deep fake impersonator to match the hulking Fetterman.

The blame goes to the Democrats for abusing someone who has been suffering serious health issues. Fetterman could barely function, but the Democrats knew he would be a prop who would rubber stamp their decisions. Biden is the same way. It’s elder-abuse to make Joe run for another term.

Maybe Fetterman could be Joe’s running mate. Mixed vegetables.

quote:

LORI LIGHTFOOT RIDES OFF INTO THE RACIST SUNSET

Chicago dumps the worst mayor in its long history of corrupt mayors.

Mayor Lori Lightfoot finished third in Tuesday’s election with 16.89% of the vote, behind former Chicago Public Schools CEO Paul Vallas at 33.95% and Cook County Commissioner Brandon Johnson with 20.32%.

Lori thinks it’s because of racism that she lost. Lightfoot responded to her loss by yanking out the race card.

“I’m a black woman in America — of course,” was her lame excuse.

Where did all these new racists suddenly pop up in Chicago? Lightfoot barely got 17% of the vote. When Lightfoot was first elected as the first gay black woman ever elected Mayor of Chicago, she garnered an impressive 73% of the votes.

Looks like Lori is another diversity hire gone terribly wrong!

Maybe Lori lost because her opponent, Paul Vallas, ran on law and order, which were absent under Lightfoot’s term as mayor.

“Public safety is the fundamental right of every American. It is a civil right, and it is the principle responsibility of government. We will have a safe Chicago. We will make Chicago the safest city in America,” Vallas said during his speech on Tuesday.

Violent crime and the murder rate skyrocketed under Mayor Lightfoot’s reign. Lightfoot blamed the victims instead of the criminals. People have had enough of the ‘Beetlejuice’ doppelgänger.

Lightfoot became a sadistic Covid tyrant during the scamdemic. She threatened to arrest and throw people in jail if they broke her lockdown rules. Yet for tyrants, those same rules do not apply. Lightfoot famously broke her own lockdown rules when she went out and got a haircut.

Her excuse was, “I am a public figure and need to look good.” In other words, ‘You common folk stay locked up at home while I enjoy my freedom.’

‘Rules for thee and not for me’ in action.

America’s worst mayor Lori Lightfoot will now ride off into her racist sunset.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

What's this about?

---

Look I usually post these without much thought because they're just stupid ramblings of an idiot, but the vitriol in this week which is exclusively on trans-bashing made me pause. They're usually diluted with other dumb poo poo but just a solid week of scare tactics is a lot.

So take this as a content warning, because it's particularly unbearable this week. I haven't seen the Garrison but I don't how what he did comes off as worse.

Sinfest Sunday

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

Kellies Nomination: Least Concealed Bigotry: LGBTQ, Racism.

Apparently we've now reached the point in Tats' embrace of the Fash where scary inhuman black people are coming for the lily-white blonde, blue-haired women.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Full conservative brainworms. "Everyone has my exact beliefs and even my enemies admit to themselves they are wrong, they just won't admit it in public." Just fundamentally incapable of believing anything even exists but his worldview.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

I like how Ishida acknowledges bathroom stalls, but still thinks that you get to see any genitals in the ladies restroom. You could pull out a loving kangaroo pouch without anyone noticing.

For the record and anyone not wanting to look at Garrison: his transphobic slur is trannie bar, referring to Hersey's. Classic stuff, you'll never guess the ingredients.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

BonHair posted:

Classic stuff, you'll never guess the ingredients.

If it's anything like Hershey's then I'm guessing barely any real chocolate?

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
The Jeremy's Razors (the razor company that was started in response to Gilette's fragile masculinity ad) also jumped on the Hershey's thing. They're now selling 'HeHim' and 'SheHer' bars, with and without nuts, respectively. The best offer is $100 for 24 bars.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Is this supposed to be the same character, just instantly growing a beard over the course of one strip in reaction to there being "no real women anymore"?

Kellies Nomination: Least Concealed Bigotry: LGBT, Most Incoherent

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

Guavanaut posted:

Is this supposed to be the same character, just instantly growing a beard over the course of one strip in reaction to there being "no real women anymore"?

Nah, it's just more TERF brain worms. 'See? Trans women aren't really women! They're men who want to invade women's spaces. As soon as they realise they're among their own kind, they drop the façade!'

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Ohh, it's that digital filter from earlier, the character with the green hair has covered and hidden their beard with the hologram filter instead of just shaving, and this somehow prevents cis women existing, because Tats lives in David Icke's idiot hologram universe.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Guavanaut posted:

Last week that character used the avatar machine to change their appearance, just like the crazed handmaid character used it to became a skeleton.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Vib Rib posted:

I was wondering why every single cartoon failed to depict Lightfoot's successor.

Because they haven't been chosen yet. There's a run off in April she didn't qualify for

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, there's a magic filter that can change you into anything that you want, yet the trans characters all have obvious telltale signs that just happen to align perfectly with what transphobes think.

Just a perfect storm of "we can always tell" and "real women are hairless and feminine with a certain body shape and conduct themselves properly", so can probably add Least Concealed Bigotry: Misogyny

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

There's something particularly grating about conspiracy theorists declaring they were right all along because they've decided that they were obviously right, a notable shift from their previous position that they were obviously right.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

It's always just "right about ______"

Like the concept merely had to have existed and been contentious for them to have been "right"

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Observer:

"A week is a long time in politics for Rishi Sunak – Boris Johnson, the DUP, Matt Hancock, (no) tomatoes, a turnip… all in the prime minister’s in-tray"

Sunday Telegraph:

Matt Hancock ridiculed Rishi Sunak’s Eat Out to Help Out scheme

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Mail on Sunday:

“You've heard your father, Harry. Come out, we know you're in there!” Meghan and Prince Harry 'are OK about leaving Frogmore Cottage and say "if we need to move out, we will get ourselves out"', source says

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Aoi posted:

racism

(to be more detailed, Chicago's gun death numbers are used as a straw man for conservatives to point at and say 'it's not guns, because chicago is a big liberal city with strict gun laws, it's actually all the <OMITTED> black people being subhuman animals inherently predisposed to crime and violence and also gun laws don't work, clearly, so')

(because they're racists who also love their identity reinforcement tools/firearms)

It’s also racism in that, as some of the cartoons show, Lightfoot being a gay black woman leads some conservatives to assert that she was a “diversity hire” chosen by voters entirely due to her identify, and therefore her failure as a mayor is 100% proof that you should never hire or elect anything other than straight white men.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!
History will shine brighter on this administration as time goes on.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
God blasting Kari Lake with a monsoon of piss

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Oh please, as if Drinky Duck would ever give a poo poo about poor people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

So Tats has not only gone full-on mask-off, but has gotten a bullhorn and is loudly shouting into it as much as he can?