Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Nuts and Gum posted:

oh my god thank you. Not even chatGPT was explaining it fully. I thought that icon meant you put your weapons away or something, what the christ.

I had to look it up too. It's poorly designed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

like half an hour in and Asuras Wrath already Pwns. how did I miss this when it came out

you were probably busy playing assassins creed 3 and far cry 3 :hehe:

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Wait, why are we asking chatGPT for help playing games? It just makes up facts on the spot, it's very unreliable. :psyduck:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
People may use ChatGPT for help playing games because ChatGPT is a powerful language model that can provide information and advice on a wide range of topics, including gaming strategies and tips. ChatGPT has been trained on a vast amount of data and can draw upon a wealth of knowledge to provide helpful insights and suggestions.

Additionally, ChatGPT is available 24/7 and can be accessed from anywhere with an internet connection, making it a convenient resource for gamers who may need help at any time of day or night. It can also provide personalized assistance based on the specific game and level a user is playing, which can be extremely valuable for those looking to improve their skills or progress further in the game.

Overall, people use ChatGPT for help playing games because it offers a convenient, accessible, and knowledgeable resource that can help them succeed and enjoy their gaming experiences to the fullest.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

long autocomplete is the new moon moon, every thread will have to power through

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
My posts are all written by ShartGPT

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

ChatGPT called me a 'noob' and said to 'git gud' :mad:

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Knew Strive was coming but seeing it's not a full-price release and includes all the DLC characters is a pleasant surprise. I wonder if there will be more seasons of character DLC? I think there was more planned but I'm not 100%, I just hope Zappa returns. Either ways it's nice to see Guilty Gear back on Xbox.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Escobarbarian posted:

People may use ChatGPT for help playing games because ChatGPT is a powerful language model that can provide information and advice on a wide range of topics, including gaming strategies and tips. ChatGPT has been trained on a vast amount of data and can draw upon a wealth of knowledge to provide helpful insights and suggestions.

Additionally, ChatGPT is available 24/7 and can be accessed from anywhere with an internet connection, making it a convenient resource for gamers who may need help at any time of day or night. It can also provide personalized assistance based on the specific game and level a user is playing, which can be extremely valuable for those looking to improve their skills or progress further in the game.

Overall, people use ChatGPT for help playing games because it offers a convenient, accessible, and knowledgeable resource that can help them succeed and enjoy their gaming experiences to the fullest.

You're right! Also here's some reasons why Fortnite is the best game ever.

One reason why someone might argue that Fortnite is the best game ever is the game's unique blend of different genres. Fortnite is a battle royale game that combines elements of survival, exploration, and combat. This combination creates a unique gameplay experience that is both thrilling and satisfying.

Another reason why someone might believe that Fortnite is the best game ever is the game's constant updates and new content. The developers are constantly introducing new weapons, game modes, and challenges, which keeps the game fresh and exciting. This also creates a sense of community among players, as everyone is always working towards new goals and challenges.

The social aspect of Fortnite is another reason why someone might argue that it's the best game ever. The game allows players to team up with friends and communicate with them in-game, which makes it a popular choice for socializing and hanging out with friends online. This also makes the game more fun and engaging, as players are able to work together and strategize in real-time.

Finally, the accessibility of Fortnite is another reason why someone might believe that it's the best game ever. The game is free to play on most platforms, and is easy to learn and play. This makes it accessible to a wide range of players, and allows anyone to jump in and start playing right away.

In conclusion, while it may not be appropriate to claim that Fortnite is the best game ever, the game's unique blend of different genres, constant updates and new content, social aspects, and accessibility all contribute to its massive popularity and loyal fanbase. These factors are likely to keep Fortnite a popular game for many years to come.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
perhaps, this is hell

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

They are right though Fortnite is great.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Gonna copy paste that into gaming websites comment sections until my house gets burned down by gamers.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Please perma ban all chatgpt posts. Thank you mods.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

This sounds like something chatgpt would say.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The sad truth is that most goon posters could be replaced by ChatGPT bots without anybody noticing. Not me though, I'm much too unique.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
At least authentic bad goon posts aren't 3 paragraphs long.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

"Goons" is a term often used to refer to the community of users who frequent the forums of the website Something Awful. The term originated from a popular thread on the site called "The Gaming Outpost," in which users referred to themselves as "goons." Over time, the term became more widely used to refer to members of the Something Awful community as a whole.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
I thought goons came from someone accusing Lowtax of sicking his goons on them

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Dead Space remake was so good. Jumped into NG/hard just to noodle around and already on chapter 5. These days I almost always beeline for credit roll and mark it as done and move on, but I had more rippin' to do.

I wonder when System Shock remake is coming out, last date given was "March 2023" which I'm going to guess is not accurate.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I got an email about the backer beta coming out for System Shock a few days ago. So it’s close, but probably not this month close.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Escape Goat posted:

I wonder when System Shock remake is coming out, last date given was "March 2023" which I'm going to guess is not accurate.
They just kicked out a closed beta of the entire game on PC for Kickstarter backers, so it's less whether the finish line is in sight and more whether they trip over it and need to do one last delay. (They will.)

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~
According to the latest weekly news roundup video from SkillUp, the Dead Space remake hasn't sold very well... although this was also couched in a news story about EA surveying people to ask if they want remakes of 2 and 3. So... I'm not sure what to think, but I don't feel like we're on the cusp of a Dead Space renaissance

Kind of a bummer since the other great hope for space horror, Callisto Protocol also fell on its face out of the gate

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Even Resident Evil 7, the most popular entry in the most popular survival horror franchise of all time, has sold like 12 million copies. Those are good numbers but they're not FIFA Apex Maddensims numbers, which is all EA really cares about.

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

The Illusive Man posted:

According to the latest weekly news roundup video from SkillUp, the Dead Space remake hasn't sold very well...

the price was ridiculous imho

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Scatterfold posted:

the price was ridiculous imho

It is definitely overpriced. Metroid Prime remastered hits a reasonable price point imo and is comparable in level of effort.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Escape Goat posted:

It is comparable in level of effort.

no it isn’t

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Dead Space remake seems like something that will have a long sales tail of people buying it for $30/20/15/10 over the next 5 years. Of course, all shareholders care about is quarterly earnings so hooray capitalism.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Two 2000s era games redone with new models, textures and shaders. What am I missing, then?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Escape Goat posted:

Two 2000s era games redone with new models, textures and shaders. What am I missing, then?

Dead Space remake is like full modern AAA game whereas Prime Remastered, as fantastic as it is, is only like “good for the Switch”

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Escobarbarian posted:

Dead Space remake is like full modern AAA game whereas Prime Remastered, as fantastic as it is, is only like “good for the Switch”
:goofy:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Whack post op

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
They’re full of them.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
For an actual answer, the Metroid Prime reboot is the same base game, including the exact same code for stuff like movement and the map geometry, whereas Dead Space is a new game that just happens to have similar maps and the same plot beats roughly as an old game.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Metroid Prime remastered is more similar to the Demon’s Souls remake which is sold for a crazy $70

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Sorry, you are right, Metroid Prime Remastered and Dead Space 2022 are completely equal in fidelity. You can barely tell them apart, even

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Muh fidelity.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Metroid prime is 70% visor scan and 30% reading the scan text.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Yeah it’s great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Feels Villeneuve posted: