Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Stalin was just a guy who was political in the 1930s

The Holodomor happened, sure, but its weird to blame just one political guy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Best Friends posted:

i can’t believe people on this site would make light of a genocide. this thread belongs in the gas chamber

Weka
May 5, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

It's the Ukrainian Stalin's Holodomor Memorial Museum.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

its his grain, he's supposed to be there!

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

If something is recognized by the European Parliament as genocide, I think we can forgive at least the European posters here to regard it as a genocide, and to call people who deny it genocide deniers.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
i forgive them i just wish they'd do their research

i of course do not forgive russia, which is not europe anyway.

Weka
May 5, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Why blame Russia when it was a Gergio-Bolsheivik conspiracy?

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
If only Sherman had marched on both Georgias, the Holodomor might never have happened

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
the devil went down to georgia he was looking for some grain to steal

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Not So Fast posted:

If something is recognized by the European Parliament as genocide, I think we can forgive at least the European posters here to regard it as a genocide, and to call people who deny it genocide deniers.

yes, in December 2022. The sheer gall in waiting that long.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Regarde Aduck posted:

They were very busy and it slipped their mind until they were engaged in an economic war with Russia and needed to ratchet up the propaganda and undercut the narrative that eastern european nationalist movements are and have always been a bunch of fascists - uh, I mean, went to the kitchen to make a sandwich but there wasnt any bread (because of the Soviets)

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Stalin grows ever fatter on the grain of the kulaks

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.

shame on them for trying to silence eastern european nationalist voices

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

OUN-B(read)

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(
Horny hentai MILF Stalin-chan taking all our seed and gobblin' it all up.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Not So Fast posted:

I mean, the Europeans would be experts on it, right? Having done most of them?

It's just really odd how countries like Rwanda are holding out on recognizing the genocide. Frigging rashists. What makes them think they have some kind of expert perspective on the subject?

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
it happaned ok

Corb Fucker
Dec 6, 2022

:dehumanize:

Nix Panicus posted:

Stalin was just a guy who was political in the 1930s

The Holodomor happened, sure, but its weird to blame just one political guy!

I blame the nonvoters. If the kulaks really didn't want whatever happened to happen they should have simply VOTED

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Corb Fucker posted:

I blame the nonvoters. If the kulaks really didn't want whatever happened to happen they should have simply VOTED

don't blame me i groated for grains

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

They voted for the wrong guy, they deserved it

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Oh poo poo I thought I was in the Ohio death cloud thread. I apologize for my previous statement

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Zvahl posted:

it happaned ok

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Nix Panicus posted:

Oh poo poo I thought I was in the Ohio death cloud thread. I apologize for my previous statement

This is unfair. Nobody voted for Pete Buttigieg.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Much like the noble Ukrainians, I was singled out for the gulag and starved (of posts) for cherishing icons (image posts).

Makes you realize why we should never forget.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/jacobin/status/1632380449732407298

quote:

To eliminate the economic power of the peasants, he forcefully, brutally drove them into collective farms, appropriated their grain, and caused famines from Ukraine to Kazakhstan. To discipline the intelligentsia, he terrorized any deviation of the official line, ending the avant-garde experimentation of the 1920s and enforcing a conservative conformity that combined realist style with romantic depiction of an idealized Soviet people. And to enhance his own power, he deployed the police to eliminate all who stood in his way, including most of the closest associates of Lenin — among them Bukharin.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Death of Stalin is a funny movie

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

[Luigi voice] loving liberals

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

A bukharian-ite in 2023. Do wonders never cease?

Weka
May 5, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Regarde Aduck posted:

That's so long ago. It's ancient history. Get over it. Lets look to the future as we discuss the holodomor, which was a real genocide.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Regarde Aduck posted:

Extremely hosed up. Personally it gives me the impression that they don't even believe it and are cynically using it as a cudgel

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

KomradeX posted:

Death of Stalin is a funny movie

it's my headcanon that irl stalin really did die from laughing too hard at a death threat and they just covered it up

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

some plague rats posted:

the devil went down to georgia he was looking for some grain to steal

why did he go down to georgia, he was from there to begin with

and he wasn't going to find any grain because he ate it all

charlie daniels needs to read a loving book

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Buck Wildman posted:

it's my headcanon that irl stalin really did die from laughing too hard at a death threat and they just covered it up

Slightly plausible

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

really queer Christmas posted:

A bukharian-ite in 2023. Do wonders never cease?

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Buck Wildman posted:

It's also my headcanon that Zhukov irl was exactly as depicted in that movie.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

To eliminate the economic power of the peasants, he forcefully, brutally drove them into collective farms, appropriated their grain, and caused famines from Ukraine to Kazakhstan. To discipline the intelligentsia, he terrorized any deviation of the official line, ending the avant-garde experimentation of the 1920s and enforcing a conservative conformity that combined realist style with romantic depiction of an idealized Soviet people. And to enhance his own power, he deployed the police to eliminate all who stood in his way, including most of the closest associates of Lenin — among them Bukharin.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
the economic power of the peasents

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

it is absolutely disgusting to imagine someone referencing historical atrocities when trying to make jokes. humor that even alludes to mass death is never acceptable on the something awful forums. threads that do so should be killed, by being sent to the comedy gas chamber

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

World War Mammories posted:

it is absolutely disgusting to imagine someone referencing historical atrocities when trying to make jokes. humor that even alludes to mass death is never acceptable on the something awful forums. threads that do so should be killed, by being sent to the comedy gas chamber

I'm not familiar with this measurement system. Could you convert that to Whole 9/11s for me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
everybody's a communist until it's time for land reform