Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

grassy gnoll posted:

That is super helpful, thank you!

Are lackluster SC heroes a function of how many Warcry/Underworlds/etc models they had to fill out, an artifact of first edition legacy stuff, or just random slipups on GWs part?

I think this is a reasult of a) design change b) its really hard to balance so many units c) them maybe wanting to soft-squat some models. And that last point is likely only limited to board-game or limited minis like underworld warbands or knight-questor.

If you would look at 1st edition stuff a lot of it is backbone of modern sce lists - lord-relictor, retributors/paladins are curently living their best life, dracontion guard and longstrike vanguards never left. Lord castelant and crossbow judicators also see play. I would argue that in this season much nerfed in 3rd ed Azyros might have a use with sworn bodyguards. So its not even that gw wants to push new stuff - you can build tournament ready lists with only 1st ed minis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

grassy gnoll posted:

That is super helpful, thank you!

Are lackluster SC heroes a function of how many Warcry/Underworlds/etc models they had to fill out, an artifact of first edition legacy stuff, or just random slipups on GWs part?

Almost none of the stormcast heroes are Underworlds or Warcry models. Even so there is indeed a problem with there just being too many of them with too few of them having clear roles.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Also "foot hero damage dealer" is the worst thing to be in Age of Sigmar. There is precisely one good foot hero damage dealer in the game, and that is the Ironjawz Megaboss. Foot heroes in this game exist to be wizards or buff dispensers.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Geisladisk posted:

Foot heroes in this game exist to be wizards or buff dispensers.

Which is actually the part that Stormcast heroes are actually good at. At least of the ones that are actually played.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Best foot-fighty heroes in game are (obviously) gotrek and then sigvald and eltharion but since they are unique they do not really benefit from the current season.

However from the leaks it does appear that you will be able to do some silly melee bullshit in KO with bunch of admirals jumping out of frigate

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Was Zacharias the Everliving ever sold as resin or finecast? I kinda want one for my SBGL but don't want to deal with metal.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I had completely missed it was Warhammer day today. And there are of course reveals related to that:

https://www.warhammer-community.com...od-of-the-land/

First up is the cover reveal for the Blades of Khorne Battle Tome:

Alongside the Realmgore Ritualist:

And their Vanguard box:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/03/04/the-lord-of-hubris-punishes-foes-who-fall-for-his-perniciously-peacocking-provocations/

Then we also get the cover reveal for the Hedonites of Slaanesh battle tome:

And the Lord of Hubris:

And Vanguard box:

And that's that for the AoS reveals for this mini event.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Ward 4+ might make a foot combat hero actually decent! I hope so, given his job is tanking.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Mors Rattus posted:

Ward 4+ might make a foot combat hero actually decent! I hope so, given his job is tanking.

Plus his ability is brutal.

Assuming he is in the standard foot hero price range of 100-150, if you rock this dude up to an enemy hammer, do his little strikes first taunt thing, even if he gets absolutely plastered (which he probably will), having the enemy waste their hammer on a foot hero for a turn is incredibly good.

You can also use this defensively by having him right in the middle of some unit you want to protect, so enemy hammers can't attack them for a turn.

Basically this dude fucks

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
it's a great thematic ability

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
I think it's very considerate of Slaanesh to have their minions cover up one boob, so you know they're not too horny.

"gently caress you, you have to hit me" is always a fun ability and I'd like to see equivalents elsewhere.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
The Lord of Hubris as a mini also seems really well done too. Not too overloaded with detail but got the standard hero rock and is clearly a heroic/leader character. Good job, GW.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

I likee them both but because of bald head loh remainds me of deepkin mini

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

Cooked Auto posted:

And the Lord of Hubris:

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

I mean have you seen syll'esske?

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

Covermeinsunshine posted:

I mean have you seen syll'esske?

I hadn't but lol that's pretty great.

A lot of the Slaaneshi range seems to borrow from 300 in a good way thinking about it
The Keepers also have that "androgynous buff beauty" thing going on. I don't know if they were really heavily inspired by the decadent amputee orgy sequence in that movie or if they're drawing off the same sources but it's pretty great.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Yeah it does seem like the showed the designer into the room and made him watch it multiple times. And thats a good thing because this aesthetic is great and it fits slaanesh perfectly. Ofcourse I've seen people complaining that there is not enough boob and rear end on this models but those are angry pissbaby takes.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Covermeinsunshine posted:

Yeah it does seem like the showed the designer into the room and made him watch it multiple times. And thats a good thing because this aesthetic is great and it fits slaanesh perfectly. Ofcourse I've seen people complaining that there is not enough boob and rear end on this models but those are angry pissbaby takes.

The male models could use more armor boobs

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com...aphon-in-battle

Another Seraphon reveal this week, this time for the new Skink Starseer.

In before any and all comments about orb pondering. :v:

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

MinistryofLard posted:

I hadn't but lol that's pretty great.

A lot of the Slaaneshi range seems to borrow from 300 in a good way thinking about it
The Keepers also have that "androgynous buff beauty" thing going on. I don't know if they were really heavily inspired by the decadent amputee orgy sequence in that movie or if they're drawing off the same sources but it's pretty great.

The Blissbarb Seekers even have their own little hosed up Ephialtes guy.

Also drat Seraphon just keep winning. This is honestly probably my least favorite of the new kits and it still rules. Now just waiting on Kroxigors...

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Someone said the starseer looks like he's checking his phone on the toilet and now I can't unsee it.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I love the new lizardmen aesthetic, but you know I have to build my Kruleboyz army first* :shobon:

*also finish my Eldar (95%), Space Wolves (5%), all my little kill teams etc

Ugly John
Jul 18, 2009
[img]https://forums.somethingawful.com/attachment.php?postid=514899866[/img]

Needs one more step with the new generic Slann

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Someone said the starseer looks like he's checking his phone on the toilet and now I can't unsee it.

yeah, I prefer the Saruman pose tbh

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

That's why he has to levitate the throne everywhere. He was sitting too long and now his legs are asleep.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Most of the Soulbound books (including the core) are currently on sale at DriveThruRPG if you are still on the fence, it's a pretty fun role-playing game and it's worth it just for the lore.

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/54/Cubicle-7-Entertainment-Ltd/subcategory/179_35517/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Soulbound

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Obligatory crossposting continues.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Found on reddit.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Talas posted:

Most of the Soulbound books (including the core) are currently on sale at DriveThruRPG if you are still on the fence, it's a pretty fun role-playing game and it's worth it just for the lore.

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/54/Cubicle-7-Entertainment-Ltd/subcategory/179_35517/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Soulbound

Already shelled out on trouble brewing and fateful night. Still considering champions of death and blackened earth

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXEwnJbzU4U

Trailer for the Blacktalon series. It looks competent, even if the lip movements look a bit bad at times.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

I will take anything as a break from space nazis. And I like some of the visuals

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

It seems like it will lean heavily into the whole "reforging" process and how it affects the Stormcasts' mind, one of the things that turn them into tragic heroes and what I like the most about them.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com...e-mortal-realms

Next week's pre-orders is the Blades of Khorne and Hedonites of Slaanesh battletome, model and vanguard boxes.
And Warscroll dice and cards too.

Featuring character models you can now only get via the Vanguard boxes I am sure. :v:

And we're promised Old World news next week as well.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

That was fast.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Running out of factions to update to 3e now, but with 40k 10th on the horizon, we won't be seeing a 4e for another year or two. Is it time?

Is it soon to be the time of chorf?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Cooked Auto posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com...e-mortal-realms

Next week's pre-orders is the Blades of Khorne and Hedonites of Slaanesh battletome, model and vanguard boxes.
And Warscroll dice and cards too.

Featuring character models you can now only get via the Vanguard boxes I am sure. :v:

And we're promised Old World news next week as well.

Actually the new guys are not in the Vanguard Boxes.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

Actually the new guys are not in the Vanguard Boxes.

No no, wasn't referring to those. Just leaders in all of the Vanguard boxes are delisted from the store.
For instance you can't get the Branchwych by itself now, but have to go via the Vanguard box.
Same goes with the Namarti Soulscryer, Melusai Ironscale, Magister on Disc of Tzeentch, Spoilpox Scrivener, Grey Seer, and Knight of Shrouds.

So far the only ones available by themselves is Chaos Lord, Arkanaut Admiral and Scinari Cathallar. But probably won't be too long until they're only available via the Vanguard box.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
The Soulscryer is Sort Of Okay but he's not good enough to get mad about being in the Vanguard box. Some of those others are some bullshit tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Discovered it while looking how much a Branchwych went for on the store, as I want to, at some point, make my groups Soulbound party.
After that I just need a Stormcast Vanquisher, a Corsair and a Melusai.
Which are all unit boxes. :v: