Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The Mario Movie post-credits scene will involve Wario and set up a sequel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
The next movie will be about Donkey Kong and the Great Ape War.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Ther super mario bros movie will have a post credits scene confirming Super Hornio Bros is canon

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Mega Comrade posted:

I think that's unfair. My guess would be this engine was designed with the switch in mind. You can't expect a port or general purpose engine to look and perform this good.

But still, it's impressive.

It's running on the same engine they've been using for all their Metroid and Donkey Kong games since Prime 1

Rugikiki
Jan 15, 2008

Illinois Nazis.
I hate Illinois Nazis!

Post credits scene will obviously introduce Birdo

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Hyrule Warriors owns

The disappointing thing is that it's too good. It got me into Warriors games but none of them has ever come close to just how good it is (even with slightly rubbish bosses).

Even Hyrule Warriors 2 was rubbish in comparison.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Imagine wanting more game than HWDE offers.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Kin posted:

The disappointing thing is that it's too good. It got me into Warriors games but none of them has ever come close to just how good it is (even with slightly rubbish bosses).

Even Hyrule Warriors 2 was rubbish in comparison.

I thought Fire Emblem Warriors Three Hopes was pretty drat good, but I'm also a huge fan of the cast of Three Houses so that helps a lot for me...

Not Fire Emblem Warriors though. That game is garbage.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I eventually came to realize I don't really care for Musou games and was playing Three Hopes entirely for the cast.

Though the worst of them was Persona 5 Strikers, which is actually a moderately difficult game that you can't blitz through, but also is a game with the Persona 5 cast.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
So I bought a Switch with the improved battery from my brother and plan to transfer my data from my launch Switch to the new one. He had some stickers covering the console, and when I peeled them off all the information on the Switch was extremely faded. Has this happened to anyone else?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Sam Faust posted:

I'll take it a step further and say a Zelda tease will be the post-credits scene. There show like a Mario coin fall through some portal or space poo poo into a field of grass and you'll link's hand going to pick it up.

Shadow Figure: "Let's a-go", you think you're the only super hero in the world? Mr. Mario, you've become part of a bigger universe. You just don't know it yet.
Mario: Who are a-you?
Link: Link, hero of time. I'm here to talk to you about the Super Smash Brothers Tournament.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Silver Falcon posted:

I thought Fire Emblem Warriors Three Hopes was pretty drat good, but I'm also a huge fan of the cast of Three Houses so that helps a lot for me...

Not Fire Emblem Warriors though. That game is garbage.

I just finished playing through two of the 3 storylines and it was good, but had far too many rubbish gameplay things going on about it. Like the abundance of jank weapons, tedious class unlocking systems, etc

I'm not really a fan of the fire emblem series (and the plot in Three Hopes was a bit meh too), but i was just skipping the cutscenes completely by the second run-through. It all felt so low budget with character models just standing there emotionlessly speaking to one another.

I will say that it's the first Warriors game i played where your team mates actually felt useful. Like they could take over bases and kill special units, etc. It was surprisingly refreshing compared to every other warrior's game where it has to be you to do everything.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I eventually came to realize I don't really care for Musou games and was playing Three Hopes entirely for the cast.

Though the worst of them was Persona 5 Strikers, which is actually a moderately difficult game that you can't blitz through, but also is a game with the Persona 5 cast.

Hmm I was going to try Persona 5 Strikers next after I finish Engage. I've gone through a few Warriors games at this point and the mechanics don't bother me much. Maybe I can handle it.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
It's a very well-designed Musou-like game; it is just what cemented for me that those games are not for me. I ended up blitzing through it on easy mode with no shame, but I imagine it's quite enjoyable on its gameplay merits if you're into it.

It's an absolute must play if you're a fan of the Persona 5 cast.

no broccoli please
Apr 20, 2007

no broccoli please you are nice here is a Nathaniel Hawthorne avatar

Sam Faust posted:

I'll take it a step further and say a Zelda tease will be the post-credits scene. There show like a Mario coin fall through some portal or space poo poo into a field of grass and you'll link's hand going to pick it up.

And we'll hear a HYAAH and it will be the one line Charles Martinet has in the movie.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Got the GameCube Nyxi Joycons.

These things are kinda huge as Joycons but work great as a normal GC controller.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Just turning my monitor on now. Looks hideous OP.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Try turning the Switch on OP

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Silver Falcon posted:

Hmm I was going to try Persona 5 Strikers next after I finish Engage. I've gone through a few Warriors games at this point and the mechanics don't bother me much. Maybe I can handle it.

Strikers is decent but it's barely a Musou game, it's just Persona 5 but the fights are real time action.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Sakurazuka posted:

Strikers is decent but it's barely a Musou game, it's just Persona 5 but the fights are real time action.

Is that a good thing though?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Mister Facetious posted:

Yeah agreed, Persona 5 wasn’t nearly long enough.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
I haven't played either, I'm just asking.

Is ita sequel, or sidestory, or what

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Mister Facetious posted:

I haven't played either, I'm just asking.

Is ita sequel, or sidestory, or what

A sequel, takes place after the events of the original.

I really liked Strikers. Partially because of the gameplay, which felt quick and actiony with enough of the SMT/Persona flavour to it, using weaknesses and stuff while dodging around in combat. Like a better Raidou game. But the other reason I was so enamoured with it was because it's a game about a road trip with friends, coming out at a time when my second birthday in a lockdown was coming up, things were starting to drag on, and I missed seeing my friends. And being able to experience something like that in a video game where you also fought shadow mind monsters and whatnot was pretty cool.

Also the music was fuckin' awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ucIdYj42sM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdabXlguFpA

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Well, gently caress. I died in the Phazon Mines after making a big chunk of progress since my last save, and it really sucked getting reset all the way back there :smith: Really makes me realize how much of a convenience modern autosaves are

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Mister Facetious posted:

Just different

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

strikers was really good and if you liked p5 at all you should absolutely play it. Enjoy gaming.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

404notfound posted:

Well, gently caress. I died in the Phazon Mines after making a big chunk of progress since my last save, and it really sucked getting reset all the way back there :smith: Really makes me realize how much of a convenience modern autosaves are

I lost an hour of progress twice because I missed the Phazon mine saves (skill issue) I persevered though and it was fun.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

404notfound posted:

Post 35 years old and with next to no time for games, I've discovered that there's no shame in casual/easy mode.

After all, for most games it's exactly the same gameplay, just that the enemies take a few less hits to die and you take a few more.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Unironically, the only thing wrong with Switch is there aren't enough Mario games.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Unironically, the only thing wrong with Switch is there aren't enough Mario games.

Yeah, we haven’t had a proper Mario title since Odyssey (though I suppose there’s also been Bowser’s Fury and the story mode of Mario Maker 2)

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

i would love an odyssey 2!!!! nintendo!!!!!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I know I played Odyssey to the end of Act 1, but all I remember is a trex, a city, and a level with an eye searing color scheme. They probably are having problems coming up with more ways to make Mario jump and collect something

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

The forest, and beach worlds in Odyssey were pretty. I liked them.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Odyssey level design was mid but the engine and movement are great. Put the Forgotten Land level designers on it and you've got a winner.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Odyssey is fantastic and I'm really surprised we haven't had a "level pack" type sequel Galaxy 2 style

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Len posted:

I know I played Odyssey to the end of Act 1, but all I remember is a trex, a city, and a level with an eye searing color scheme. They probably are having problems coming up with more ways to make Mario jump and collect something

They could just make another standard “get from point A to point B” game again (I kind of like those better than the collectathons to be perfectly honest)

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Larryb posted:

They could just make another standard “get from point A to point B” game again (I kind of like those better than the collectathons to be perfectly honest)

Christ not another Larry, we just got rid of the wee one

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Larrybig

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Larryb posted:

You know Mario Maker 2 means they got infinity of that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ok, what the gently caress brought that on all of a sudden?

Khanstant posted:

You know Mario Maker 2 means they got infinity of that

True