Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Just sort of a cutout with a bit showing, so it's like Batmans cowl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hyperlynx posted:

I recently worked out that I don't actually *want* to reach my potential, I was just trained to want that as a kid. That, and feeling that I have to do something amazing to prove myself, and prove my childhood bullies wrong.

It's pretty nice to have that pressure lifted, I must say. I just want to drink beer and play video games, and that's actually ok. I don't have to do jack poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNKoH84ioz0

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Brawnfire posted:

Pinking? Lace? A ruff?

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

When asked why he stopped performing, Tom Lehrer said "what's the point in laurels if you don't rest on them?"

I'm realising more and more that he's right.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Ahh, before the eclipse

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Looks like a bird who's swallowed a plate. What do you think?

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

teen witch posted:

E: last one was poo poo, so here is more and worse

There is, and I showed my dick to a dude once because he wouldn't stop bothering me about it after I told him!

This was probably way TMI, sorry!

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Elviscat posted:

There is, and I showed my dick to a dude once because he wouldn't stop bothering me about it after I told him!

This was probably way TMI, sorry!

actually i would like more information, thanks

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Jabberlock posted:

Don't encourage him for gods sake

Captain Jesus
Feb 26, 2009

What's wrong with you? You don't even have your beer goggles on!!

I'm starting a new job which will require me to get up constistently early just when the daylight savings time begins. It's going to murder me. And it's just because I decided to follow my "gifted kid" delusion, instead of embracing the lazy slob reality.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

the rare penile tonsure

experienceBeej
Mar 24, 2014

Chrpno posted:

Looks like a bird who's swallowed a plate. What do you think?

Four!

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Jabberlock posted:

E: on further reflection, I'll stick to my policy of not discussing circumcision on the forums. Sorry!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You could also go half and half like zorg from fifth element

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Bullshit about "gifted and talented kids":As an experienced teacher and someone who's done a lot of research in the education field I can say with some authority that most of the people labelled "gifted and talented" were just like, kids who liked reading or who payed attention in maths and bothered to learn their basic facts, so by comparison to the other kids in the average public school in they seemed "smart".

Generally by the end of high school the differences have mostly evened out and the kids that do well are the ones that have the skills/attitudes/beliefs/cultural capital/desire to do well. That tends to be some of the kids who were labelled gifted and talented at some point because finding school easy and being told you're smart and poo poo tends to make it more enjoyable, predisposes teachers toward you, means you have high standards set for you, you get given and have more opportunities to learn, etc etc. But it's also a lot of those "average" kids, and some of the "gifted and talented" kids got the wrong message and thought they didn't have to try hard or reacted poorly when they found something challenging, because they were "naturally smart" or something. So I think we do a disservice by attaching labels like "gifted and talented" - both to those kids as well as to the ones who are labelled "average" by omission. Surely everyone should have those opportunities and high expectations and poo poo?

Anyway the point is that truly gifted and talented kids are rare. I've taught like over 500 kids now and had one that would genuinely fit that category.

Memes:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I dunno I think my legs would definitely be begging for death at 250k miles or, in fact, even much earlier.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

That's only like 10 miles a day from the age of 10 to 80, no sweat,

/e: 100k is more realistic for engines anyway and that's just 4 miles a day for 70 years

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

Best I can offer is 4 miles a year for 1 year

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnopHCL1Jk8

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Two wholesome boys to brighten your day

They can cut it off but they have to give it back so you can wear it when you need to and leave it off when you don't. This should be enough to keep everyone happy.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

CheeseThief posted:

They can cut it off but they have to give it back so you can wear it when you need to and leave it off when you don't. This should be enough to keep everyone happy.

Leave a little dick Velcro, or like remember those pants you can unzip to shorts? That

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Knit the donger a wee scarf for when it’s cold

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Have it spiral off like a Fruit by the Foot

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Kit Walker posted:

I think your thinking of froot string thing, but yes more dicks like fruit snacks thank you

Freemason Rush Week
Apr 22, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rv4VUQeXdtY

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Kit Walker posted:

You could use it as a slinky on very small stairs

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Hyperlynx posted:

I recently worked out that I don't actually *want* to reach my potential, I was just trained to want that as a kid. That, and feeling that I have to do something amazing to prove myself, and prove my childhood bullies wrong.

It's pretty nice to have that pressure lifted, I must say. I just want to drink beer and play video games, and that's actually ok. I don't have to do jack poo poo.

Same. Guess my dad passing away had some beneficial side effects :unsmith:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
CDU (conservatives) and FDP (liberals) as soon as the AfD (Nazis) polls well:

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Smash the circumcision binary

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

CheeseThief posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byDiILrNbM4

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Wasn't this a real picture from myanmar or has it been increased for dramatic effect? I remember it being really loving weird

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Data/privacy issues aside (i always turn off location services), this would actually be real cool

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Someone isn't scouting enough

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Wasn't this a real picture from myanmar or has it been increased for dramatic effect? I remember it being really loving weird

https://goo.gl/maps/jH9DMxb2qASdM3Y18

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Antigravitas posted:

CDU (conservatives) and FDP (liberals) as soon as the AfD (Nazis) polls well:

Why'd they say Nazi three times? :smug:

donquixotic
May 1, 2007

bike tory posted:

As an experienced teacher and someone who's done a lot of research in the education field ... payed attention
Ah yes an experienced teacher who doesn't know how to spell the word paid.

ZixTheYeti
Jul 12, 2005

Hellarious!

donquixotic posted:

I’ve seen teacher salaries. That’s something they know nothing about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

donquixotic posted:

Do you not know about the word payed? lol.