Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Hulk Krogan posted:

A friend of mine just released this. It's heavy.
https://goatsmoke666.bandcamp.com/album/satanic-blues

Mmm...smoked goat

Album is p cool too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PalaNIN
Sep 19, 2004

LRLRRRLLRRLRLRLRRLRLR

Hulk Krogan posted:

A friend of mine just released this. It's heavy.
https://goatsmoke666.bandcamp.com/album/satanic-blues

Sounds epic, thanks

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Type O Negative are the ultimate guilty pleasure band. So much to feel guilty about enjoying but so much to enjoy, also

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Trying posted:

So much to feel guilty about enjoying enjoy

no i dont think i will ty

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Kvlt! posted:

no i dont think i will ty

That's ok. I'm pouring my heart out about how much I love an extremely problematic band on the internet. It's a very particular place to be in and most won't care a poo poo. That is alright

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
By metal standards, TON are hardly problematic.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Carnivore are the problematic Steele project, not the one for horny goths.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Darthemed posted:

By metal standards, TON are hardly problematic.

Ehhhh

We Hate Everyone
I Like Goils
Nazi word for the underclass I forget
Kill All The White People
The Whole Last Album being a Trad Cath deal (kinda slaps, tbh)
The whole first album being a misioginistic scream of rage (slaps, also)

Like, they said they were joking a lot of the time. But kidding on the square isn't the same as irony

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Trying posted:

That's ok. I'm pouring my heart out about how much I love an extremely problematic band on the internet. It's a very particular place to be in and most won't care a poo poo. That is alright

i just dont get the point of your post, like who cares, at least talk about what you like about the music or literally anything interesting

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

e:nvm

Kvlt! fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Feb 6, 2023

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Speaking of gothy bands (I'm sorry, Andrew Eldtrich!) and because this is the only music thread I read:

https://blabbermouth.net/news/the-sisters-of-mercy-announce-first-u-s-tour-in-over-14-years

I'm... intrigued?

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Kvlt! posted:

i just dont get the point of your post, like who cares, at least talk about what you like about the music or literally anything interesting

I literally have people in my life I can't play this poo poo around because it's so hateful. But I really like it. Feel free to not be interested

Anyway the production on World Coming Down is super cool. There's a tendancy with this kind of music to fetishise analogue production but it's a very interesting example of extremely digital rock. Even the drums are programmed. The opener (after the joke track) and the title number are this very unusual digital sludge. It's neat

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Trabant posted:

Speaking of gothy bands (I'm sorry, Andrew Eldtrich!) and because this is the only music thread I read:

https://blabbermouth.net/news/the-sisters-of-mercy-announce-first-u-s-tour-in-over-14-years

I'm... intrigued?

damnit now ima have to pay money to see cranky old Andrew Eldritch. Fr tho im excited idk how well they perform these days but Ive always loved em

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Trying posted:

I literally have people in my life I can't play this poo poo around because it's so hateful. But I really like it. Feel free to not be interested

If you have friends who have either told you this music is hateful or you already know it's too hateful and somehow affects your friends, maybe you should take that as an indication to not listen to it.

Do you want someone to tell you it's OK or something?

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Their best album is their failed attempt at a sell out. Their most successful song being an 11-minute goth metal pastiche makes the cash-in attempt follow up quite fascinating. It produced, for example, Haunted, which is the most lushly overproduced doom metal song I know of

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Kvlt! posted:

damnit now ima have to pay money to see cranky old Andrew Eldritch. Fr tho im excited idk how well they perform these days but Ive always loved em

Same here. They'll literally be playing four blocks away. What am I, just not gonna go??

Completely and directly related: I do hope Unto Others tour again soon.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Henchman of Santa posted:

Carnivore are the problematic Steele project, not the one for horny goths.

carnivore ftw

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

GREETINGS AND FELICITATIONS, CHILDREN OF TECHNOLOGY *the rest of the song is about how pete steele loves to eat pussy*

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

type o negative ftw

ElectricWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Kvlt! posted:

Sisters are my favorite band, and I’ve seen them a few times the last ten years. They’re hit or miss live, but they were great when I saw them last year.
Seek out some bootlegs beforehand or half the material will be new to you.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

ElectricWizard posted:

Sisters are my favorite band, and I’ve seen them a few times the last ten years. They’re hit or miss live, but they were great when I saw them last year.
Seek out some bootlegs beforehand or half the material will be new to you.

It got mentioned in the industrial goth thread as well, but yeah this is my biggest fear. I'm cool with seeing First and Last and Always cuts and definitely bangers from those early EPs (just open with loving "Alice" and you might have me) but I really don't need to see "This Corrosion" stripped down with some tacky choral backing tracks.

I definitely remember buying Vision Thing from the record store in the mall when it dropped. "Ribbons" is the only track I will jam on that one.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

hatelull posted:

It got mentioned in the industrial goth thread as well, but yeah this is my biggest fear. I'm cool with seeing First and Last and Always cuts and definitely bangers from those early EPs (just open with loving "Alice" and you might have me) but I really don't need to see "This Corrosion" stripped down with some tacky choral backing tracks.

I definitely remember buying Vision Thing from the record store in the mall when it dropped. "Ribbons" is the only track I will jam on that one.

Ribbons is great

MagpieConcept
Feb 6, 2022

Was debating whether to post this in the metal thread or here but a friend of mine dropped a pretty dope doom-y metal album inspired by The Last Unicorn. Link!

I've had it on repeat for like a week lol

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Got tickets for Sisters in Chicago. Haven't seen them before. I just liked Floodland and Vision Thing. I think I've listened to them a billion trillion times.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Metz and Pike talking about their favorite High on Fire riffs.

Interesting if you like guitars. Or riffs. Or when they kiss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XunS_X8ljOY

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
New album by Jack Harlon & the Dead Crows out today. All covers - Melvins, Butthole Surfers, Bauhaus, Joy Division songs among them

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Quantum of Phallus posted:

type o negative ftw

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Cat Hassler posted:

New album by Jack Harlon & the Dead Crows out today. All covers - Melvins, Butthole Surfers, Bauhaus, Joy Division songs among them

The Butthole Surfers cover lit up my cold hardened Texas heart. This Joy Division cover slays though. The MBV cover was tasty.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

hatelull posted:

The Butthole Surfers cover lit up my cold hardened Texas heart. This Joy Division cover slays though. The MBV cover was tasty.

Roll and tumble and my pal are my standouts. Maybe day of lords too but I don't remember liking (as in the action of liking a song) it on Spotify

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

hatelull posted:

Metz and Pike talking about their favorite High on Fire riffs.

Interesting if you like guitars. Or riffs. Or when they kiss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XunS_X8ljOY

This was a cool video. Pike uses a lot of tongue tho and not in a hot way.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

New song from Hellish Form, feels like Jesu inspired doom https://hellishform.bandcamp.com/album/deathless

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Jesu with Alan Dubin on vocals.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Melbourne based Doom Blues CHILD dropped a new album this week.

https://childtheband.bandcamp.com/album/soul-murder

if you ever wanted stoner/doom blues you can gently caress to, this band is it. My favorite album of theirs is probably self titled, but all of them are some heavy, groovy, sexy poo poo.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Laserface posted:

stoner/doom blues you can gently caress to

The older I get, my style has gone from a couple minutes of SYL - Oh My loving God.mp3 to a couple minutes of Sleep - Dopesmoker.mp3

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Laserface posted:

Melbourne based Doom Blues CHILD dropped a new album this week.

this owns

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
its reallllly good. id say its straight up blues rock but awesome

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Philthy posted:

its reallllly good. id say its straight up blues rock but awesome

yeah i'm inclined to agree with this but they do have fuzz pedal riffing as a part of their sound

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Maybe doom isn't the right genre to use (it's not) but there is some definite stoner rock influence. Either way I thought you guys would dig it and ya did so I'm happy to spread the word of Child.

Some of the jams on the first album are heavy heavy fuzz blues. The latest one is definitely softer. I saw them in a small underground dive bar a few yrs a go and the whole room turned to jelly it was that loud and heavy.

Smekerman
Feb 3, 2001
Dead Shrines - The Eightfold Path came out a couple weeks ago and it's pretty drat good stoner/heavy psych. Reminds me a bit of Sgt. Thunderhoof sometimes, but doomier. Solo project from the Lamp of the Universe guy, ex-Datura, ex-Arc of Ascent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuvHqQIRank

e: oh yeah, and the new Rotor is out too. Instrumental prog stoner grooves with twin guitar harmonies. They get pretty heavy/doomy, too, as in the below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4VY1JD0glE

Smekerman fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Mar 7, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Laserface posted:

Maybe doom isn't the right genre to use (it's not) but there is some definite stoner rock influence. Either way I thought you guys would dig it and ya did so I'm happy to spread the word of Child.

Some of the jams on the first album are heavy heavy fuzz blues. The latest one is definitely softer. I saw them in a small underground dive bar a few yrs a go and the whole room turned to jelly it was that loud and heavy.

This is good. Definitely fit in that King Hobo/Kamchatka/Devil and the Almighty Blues part of the map.