Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

You'd think that gun nuts would know better than to draw bullets like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Randalor posted:

So Tats has not only gone full-on mask-off, but has gotten a bullhorn and is loudly shouting into it as much as he can?

Apparently, even the fash at Gab are going 'okay dude, really?'

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Randalor posted:

So Tats has not only gone full-on mask-off, but has gotten a bullhorn and is loudly shouting into it as much as he can?

I think we're even past the mask-off bullhorn at this stage. We're approaching "the A. Wyatt Mann of transphobia" levels by now.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Neither Fishman, Tinsley, nor Mallard have ever once given a homeless man a 20 dollar bill.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Except to buy a $19.95 bottle of liquor for them after being banned from the store.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

What happened to Bruce Tinsley? Who is this fishman guy

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

pencilhands posted:

What happened to Bruce Tinsley? Who is this fishman guy

his name was ricou browning

show some respect

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Tinsley went/was put on hiatus for a while then quietly retired in favor of Fishman

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Specifically, Tinsley did a cartoon about Ilhan Omar's alleged antisemitism that backfired horrendously, and Fishman took over. For a while it seemed that Fishman might push the comic a little bit more back towards sanity, but it's basically the same message, just with slightly tighter art and jokes that occasionally land.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
Confusingly, periodically Tinsley will do a cartoon. At least, that happened for a while, I haven't been paying close enough attention to know if the two of them are still trading off.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Youremother posted:

I think we're even past the mask-off bullhorn at this stage. We're approaching "the A. Wyatt Mann of transphobia" levels by now.

I don't know if Ishida will be ever able to distill and condense his hate enough to reach the sheer hatred of A. Wyatt Mann. Ishida is still sticking to the "four panels and Sunday strips" format; and he's slapping TERF crap, the shreds of something vaguely resembling a story, and regurgitated 4chan memes into his work. Going to Mann levels would require him to remove all that to focus entirely on the naked hate, and start throwing slurs around like Garrison has.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Sinfest Sunday

Is he arriving at the SCUM Manifesto from the right?

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

I mean, Ishida is teasing that broken handmaiden will at some point massacre a bunch of johns and that she’ll be heroic for doing it; though I wouldn’t be surprised if he sets her up to do it, has her back down at the last minute due to godliness/compassion and then has a fed dressed as a handmaiden do it because he’s doing a bang up job of simultaneously pushing “we true patriots should do something” and “all of the done somethings so far were fed false flags”

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Double post, but I can’t stop being amazed by the sheer downwards spiral of all of this

Concept: one of the brightest artists of the nascent webcomics movement asks, what if peanuts and c&h but with frat bros trying to get laid

Outcome: screaming transphobia so loudly it makes other terfs nervous

Like, it’s the Eric Clapton story if Clapton never had any mainstream success and was known mostly to internet shutins

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Apparently, even the fash at Gab are going 'okay dude, really?'

Ishida showing up at the anti-trans club meeting and it's an intervention

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Giggling like an idiot at the idea that anytime cis women leave the room, all the trans women breathe a huge sigh of relief, wipe off the makeup, let loose the 5 o'clock shadow, manspread, and bro out.

"All right boys they're gone we can cut the poo poo and go back to being men again," like it's just a game they play in front of cis people because they love getting treated like poo poo and beaten up.

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Mar 5, 2023

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Also there's a holographic matrix universe filter that can let you become anything you want, you can even become Death itself, but all trans women opt to become either 'Branco draws a trans woman', 'Mac draws a gay man 20 years ago', or 'literal occult monster'.

Like I get passing privilege and the unhealthy level of beauty standards in society but that's absolutely not what Tats is going for, he's created a world where all people could socially transition to whatever they want and then draws every trans character like that because his brain is a broken blob of hate.

Korthal
May 26, 2011

For those who don't get it.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Guavanaut posted:

Also there's a holographic matrix universe filter that can let you become anything you want, you can even become Death itself, but all trans women opt to become either 'Branco draws a trans woman', 'Mac draws a gay man 20 years ago', or 'literal occult monster'.

Like I get passing privilege and the unhealthy level of beauty standards in society but that's absolutely not what Tats is going for, he's created a world where all people could socially transition to whatever they want and then draws every trans character like that because his brain is a broken blob of hate.

It's because he doesn't believe transgender people are real. Every transwomen in his strips are linebackers with full beards wearing a dress who's only goal is to penetrate female spaces for nefarious sexual purposes. It's why character immediately asks where the real women are. They are all very open about the fact that they are predatory men who have found a way commit crimes. Tat's won't even entertain the idea that people might have beliefs different then the ones he ascribes to them.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

So the man with horns is Buffalo, NY?

I don't have access to the piece but pieced that from the URL title.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Nothing like a fresh movie reference.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Herbert:

It's impressive that Peter Dutton is still so recognisable when drawn from that angle.

Katauskas:

Le Lievre:

Leak, Son of Leak:

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

I guess he can draw a man with a stubble - as long as they're villains.

Andy Marlette

Michael Ramirez

Steve Breen

Tom Stiglich

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

As criminals on the loose, wouldn't they be able to vote anyway? Like, you know, Donald Trump and countless others?

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Nenonen posted:

As criminals on the loose, wouldn't they be able to vote anyway? Like, you know, Donald Trump and countless others?

In some states, a felony conviction removes you from the voter rolls.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Nenonen posted:

Yes.

See also their rabid opposition to bail reform because it "lets criminals walk" despite people on bail definitionally not having been found guilty.

They're not very well thought-through arguments, if you couldn't tell.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Nenonen posted:

What are you talking about? They have the face mask that all criminals wear, so everyone knows that they're criminals.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
It sure is a good thing all criminals are violent criminals and not say, for example, someone who got 40 years as a teenager and served 21 because the judge didn't like how they refused to rat out their boyfriend at the time.

Oh wait that's my step-sister. gently caress off Branco.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

So the man with horns is Buffalo, NY?

I don't have access to the piece but pieced that from the URL title.

Yep, that's about the size of it. If it helps any, the tags he used when posting it on twitter were " #Topsshooting #blizzardof23 #Hamlin #firefightertragedy #Buffalo", so you could say the cartoon is "several bad things happened".

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Sinfest Sunday

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

vilkacis posted:

You don't use your thumb to take someone's pulse because you might feel your own instead.
Years ago, someone proudly informed me of this fact.

While I was taking my own pulse.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

:ironicat:

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

Clay Bennett

Jeff Danziger

Jeff Stahler

Drew Sheneman

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy
"Nobody is forcing you to listen to radio Rwanda."

Thanks stiggy :thumbsup:

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
Can we also exclude Bennett from laziest in the Kellies? Feels like a long time coming ever since Trump broke his brain.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Guavanaut posted:

Tats believes trans women are all flashers whose real motive is to dangle a cock in front of women and girls, so perhaps they are leaving all their body hair, guy frame, genitals etc unmodified by the filter so they can terrorize women.

Same reason their hobby is drawing penises on everything.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
:siren:Kellies voting is now live!:siren:

Nominees for voting begin here. Voting ends April 5.
Each category has a letter or letter combo, and each cartoon has a number.
Make a post with the number of each entry you're voting for and what category it's in. I'll take either the letter or the category name.
You get one vote per category, and you do not have to vote in all categories. If you want to change your vote or add a vote in a category you haven't already voted in, please edit your existing post!

Prizes
The creator of the winning "Best Edit/Parody" and the user with the most winning nominations will both receive a forums upgrade of their choice! The first person to nominate a cartoon gets credit.

This took an enormous amount of transposition work; I think I've corrected all formatting errors, but let me know what I've missed. A few more cartoons may benefit from timg-ing, let me know which ones.

I'd like to note that we had just over 400 nominees in 2022...and that about half of the nominees were provided by Raised by Birds.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Mar 6, 2023

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Has 'Faux News' hit a usage limit or something?

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Darthemed posted:

Has 'Faux News' hit a usage limit or something?

He actually knows how to pronounce 'faux'.

(Not that 'false' is a whole lot better.)

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

The Islamic Shock posted:

Can we also exclude Bennett from laziest in the Kellies? Feels like a long time coming ever since Trump broke his brain.
It's a lazy concept but there is some actual work in drawing that television. Anything with more effort put in than a barely-touched up image sourced off a Google search with a caption slapped on isn't going to win this category.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

The Islamic Shock posted:

I don't recall; has Bennett actually won it yet? I know he got nominated a number of times, but I thought he got edged out.