Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
That was so hilariously painful, but hey, double bye :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Grittybeard posted:

Congrats!

Think a Florida win would put Arkansas as the 10, so let’s go gators

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Grittybeard posted:

Veteran move by Hodge to miss the back end of the 1-and-1 to boost Mizzou's record in games decided by 5 points or less

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

War Eagle :toot:

One of those extremely specific fun facts of the sort usually found in baseball:
https://twitter.com/JFergusonAU/status/1632149208492019718?s=20

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

brandon miller looked like poo poo today

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Taking my brother to the UCLA/Zona game in a couple hours. Our granddad, a huge Kareem/Walton fan, passed away on Thursday so it'll be a bittersweet game for us. Hug your parents/grandparents if they're still around folks.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
ok it is kinda farcical that Miami and Pitt are playing to see who gets the 1 seed in the ACC Tournament but that said they are putting on a good show

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Despite going 2-6 in their final 8 games, the clones ended up 5th in the Big 12. Probably a little better than I thought they would end up in November. They play Baylor again on Thursday. Hopefully they can rack up one more win to boost their seeding a little.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

I root for every underdog in the NCAA tournament, but this Southeast Missouri-Tennessee Tech game is challenging that. There's nothing positive to be said about either. This is a sloppy mess and Tennessee Tech has the most awkward attempt at offense I've seen. They've backwards stumbled into every point they've gotten so far.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
ACC bracket is set; I'm sure the committee will find some excuse to smuggle UNC into the field but they probably shouldn't get in unless they beat UVA another time

RC and Moon Pie posted:

I root for every underdog in the NCAA tournament, but this Southeast Missouri-Tennessee Tech game is challenging that. There's nothing positive to be said about either. This is a sloppy mess and Tennessee Tech has the most awkward attempt at offense I've seen. They've backwards stumbled into every point they've gotten so far.

they are both very bad teams and unlikely to survive even the play-in round

edit: getting pretty exciting in spite of their badness though

elentar fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Mar 5, 2023

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

elentar posted:

they are both very bad teams and unlikely to survive even the play-in round

edit: getting pretty exciting in spite of their badness though

TENNESSEE loving TECH OVERTIME

An incredibly ending to regulation
A lovely ending to regulation

Southeast Missouri State going dancing and get wiped out in the play-in. 99% bad game and about two minutes fun insanity.

RC and Moon Pie fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Mar 5, 2023

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
UCLA's defense is so good.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Sunday finals: in the Big South, Campbell is on a mini-tear, beating the 2 and 3 seeds on a way to a final matchup with UNC-Asheville. but it’s at 1 PM, the same time as the likely much better Arch Madness final, where Bradley takes on Drake in a battle of teams that could actually embarrass some major-conference team in round 1. the day’s other final is the Atlantic Sun at 3 PM, where Liberty has to beat Kennesaw State on the latter’s home court (where they lost just a couple weeks ago) in order to progress. Liberty is probably the most dangerous mid-major this year, yet another reason nobody wants them in the field.

Sunday start: the Southland, which was bad even back when it it had a decent team (or at least KP top 100) now and then, and they do not have one now. the class of the conference is Texas A&M-Corpus Christi and Northwestern State is their main competition and i really can’t summon up much else to say about them other than this conference absolutely hates playing defense. all games are at McNeese State’s arena for some reason, i guess nothing else was available between Houston and New Orleans?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Your 2022-23 MWC Champion San Diego State Aztecs

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

elentar posted:

Sunday finals: in the Big South, Campbell is on a mini-tear, beating the 2 and 3 seeds on a way to a final matchup with UNC-Asheville. but it’s at 1 PM, the same time as the likely much better Arch Madness final, where Bradley takes on Drake in a battle of teams that could actually embarrass some major-conference team in round 1. the day’s other final is the Atlantic Sun at 3 PM, where Liberty has to beat Kennesaw State on the latter’s home court (where they lost just a couple weeks ago) in order to progress. Liberty is probably the most dangerous mid-major this year, yet another reason nobody wants them in the field.

Sunday start: the Southland, which was bad even back when it it had a decent team (or at least KP top 100) now and then, and they do not have one now. the class of the conference is Texas A&M-Corpus Christi and Northwestern State is their main competition and i really can’t summon up much else to say about them other than this conference absolutely hates playing defense. all games are at McNeese State’s arena for some reason, i guess nothing else was available between Houston and New Orleans?

Drake-Bradley starts an hour later actually, so you can see both finishes.

Also love a matchup that sounds like two guys in a teen soap are feuding.

Henchman of Santa fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Mar 5, 2023

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

elentar posted:

I really like and appreciate these updates, btw. I typically only follow the power conferences, and seeing updates from all over the league is really good.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

tonight the mighty northwestern wildcats (a team that has already made the ncaa tournament by the way, they are in the tournament, they don't need to win the big ten tourney to make it, they're literally playing in the ncaa basketball tournament) have their third and final(?) (do tournament wins count? i don't know, northwestern usually has like 5 big ten wins at this point of the season and is going to get iced out of the btt at like 11:00am on a tuesday) chance at a school-record 12th big ten win as they travel to the dreaded Rutgers. There might also be some big ten tournament seeding on the line although i haven't been following that anymore and can't watch the game live tonight anyway, but please mark me down today as an official Enemy of Rutgers Athletics for one evening.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Enjoying the complete madness that is Second Place in the Big Ten (a 7-way tie at 11-8 with only two of those teams left to play each other in the regular season)

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

elentar posted:

ACC bracket is set; I'm sure the committee will find some excuse to smuggle UNC into the field but they probably shouldn't get in unless they beat UVA another time

I mean honestly I don't think they should, period. UNC has looked bad all year. Two games where Pete Nance decided he actually can shoot after all don't really change the underlying calculus: UNC bad, and there's nothing else really to say.

For goodness sake let somebody who doesn't go every year have their shot. UNC doesn't deserve it.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

R.D. Mangles posted:

tonight the mighty northwestern wildcats (a team that has already made the ncaa tournament by the way, they are in the tournament, they don't need to win the big ten tourney to make it, they're literally playing in the ncaa basketball tournament) have their third and final(?) (do tournament wins count? i don't know, northwestern usually has like 5 big ten wins at this point of the season and is going to get iced out of the btt at like 11:00am on a tuesday) chance at a school-record 12th big ten win as they travel to the dreaded Rutgers. There might also be some big ten tournament seeding on the line although i haven't been following that anymore and can't watch the game live tonight anyway, but please mark me down today as an official Enemy of Rutgers Athletics for one evening.

This is way more confident than a Northwestern sports fan should ever be about anything but Rutgers is playing badly so…..

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

mcmagic posted:

This is way more confident than a Northwestern sports fan should ever be about anything but Rutgers is playing badly so…..

i did not say i think they are going to win! especially since teams have figured out the one simple trick to beat northwestern's defense which is to actually make the wide-open threes they concede while doubling in the post. but this is unprecedented! they made the actual NCAA tournament!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
If the key to Rutgers winning tonight is to make wide open 3s we're turbo hosed.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

https://twitter.com/austinmassey247/status/1632436834138562561?s=46&t=l3BNUY1tDwZOYN9ilB4yAg

Wild

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Something from the epistles I assume?

Millions of "OH SO NOW IT'S ILLEGAL TO READ THE BIBLE" rants incoming.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Purdue +15 to close the half and Edey was on the bench the whole run.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Jamal Shead I love you

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

VT women's basketball about to secure our first ACC championship in program history, up 14 on Louisville under 6 mins left

Really happy for Liz Kitley, she deserves to go out this way

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Imagine not spotting other teams 20 point leads (and not losing to Ohio state )

Also lol at edey goon shoving mayer then making his best offensive play in ages right after

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Mar 5, 2023

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
RIP Fighting Camels

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Henchman of Santa posted:

RIP Fighting Camels

they had a 14 point lead with a few minutes left but just couldn’t hang on :smith:

meanwhile Drake is absolutely shithousing Bradley

elentar fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Mar 5, 2023

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Campbell blows a 14-point lead in six minutes for UNC Asheville to dance out of the Big South.

I thought more of Campbell as a team who could upset someone in the NCAAs than UNCA. Most of UNCA's offense goes through a skinny white kid who's good but could be neutralized pretty well by someone meaty in the middle. That's the one thing Campbell didn't have, though I thought a lot of their offensive style. UNCA does have one outstanding 3-point shooter, but their free throws are a bit iffy and nobody else really did anything on offense.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Man I’m not trying to get excited about Houston since the Houston sports moment is still coming, but holy poo poo it might just be the year

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Haha, gently caress this weirdo. Should be enough to put together for cause and fire his rear end.

Gonna be a contingent of boosters angling to bring Beard back, but he's also an abusive rear end in a top hat.

It's been proven possible to win at Tech, hopefully we can do that.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
So if Michigan wins at Indiana, Michigan will be right on the NCAA tournament cut line

and possibly the #2 seed in the Big Ten Tournament

what a weird year

https://twitter.com/umhoops/status/1632490524862021633

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Mar 5, 2023

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
i know somewhere else it has been proven possible to win at :smith:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Michigan really needs this win at Indiana and they really aren’t showing they want it today.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Kennesaw State has rejected Christ and been rewarded with their first NCAA tournament bid.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

hahaha Liberty went ice cold and is gonna lose at Kennesaw State again rock on Owls

Kennesaw State has rejected Christ and been rewarded with their first NCAA tournament bid.

will note for the record that Kennesaw is a feeder school for a ton of Southern-revanchist Lost Cause economic thinktanks yet they are still vastly preferable to Liberty which provides an alarming number of fresh faced fascists to K Street every year

elentar fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Mar 5, 2023

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
How much of that is just being a school in Georgia that's not Tech, Emory or an HBCU?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

How much of that is just being a school in Georgia that's not Tech, Emory or an HBCU?

Georgia Tech and Emory do not lag in this department!