Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012

muscles like this! posted:

So a modern day Guy Ritchie movie?

Honestly I'm just glad the guy seems to be using his paycheck from his live action Alladin movie for Disney (which somehow made a billion dollars) to make small caper-type movies he cares about even if the movies themselves are pretty average. More filmmakers should follow that example

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

High Warlord Zog posted:

More filmmakers should follow that example

I'm very glad there's quite a few very good actors that do. Pretty sure Elijah Wood and Daniel Radcliffe are both still doing what ever projects they want off there off LOTR and Potter money.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

live with fruit posted:

He bought himself a lot of slack with the "Suck your own dick" scene in Wrath of Man.

For whatever reason I really like Wrath of Man. Doesn't feel like a Guy Ritchie move at all and it somehow just hit all the right beats for me

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

B-Rock452 posted:

For whatever reason I really like Wrath of Man. Doesn't feel like a Guy Ritchie move at all and it somehow just hit all the right beats for me

I am glad you liked it because I really didn't.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

habituallyred posted:

It was an attempt at Smoking Aces 3 as far as I am concerned. Better than 2 at least...

There's a sequel to Smoking Aces? Which has weirdly good parts in all the noise.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

marshmallow creep posted:

I am glad you liked it because I really didn't.

Yeah, I did not like it at all either. It seemed really mean spirited and not a fan of the structure.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
if you want something that ignored what made guy ritchie fun you might as well watch live action Aladdin

i'm honestly confused why Disney didn't give that to someone who needed notches

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Seth Rogan's TMNT cast:

quote:

Voicing the Heroes in a Half Shell are young actors Micah Abbey (Meet the Voxels) as Donatello, Nicolas Cantu (The Fablemans) as Leonardo, Shamon Brown Jr. (The Chi) as Michelangelo, and Brady Noon (The Mighty Ducks: Game Changers) as Raphael. Jackie Chan will be voicing Master Splinter, and Ayo Edebiri (The Bear) will portray their longtime human ally April O’Neil.

In the new film, the Turtles have been saving New York for years and yearn to be recognized for their deeds. When they and April go after a new crime syndicate that’s popped up in the city, things get out of hand when mutants emerge in the city and start wreaking...well, mayhem. Naturally, it falls to them to fix it.

The mutants the Turtles will go up against will be a collection of characters from TMNT history. Inhabiting those roles are Hannibal Burress as Genghis Frog, Rose Byrne as Leatherhead, Natasia Demetriou as Wingnut, Paul Rudd as Mondo Gecko, Maya Rudolph as Cynthia Utrom, Post Malone as Ray Fillet, Ice Cube as Superfly (who appears to be an original creation for the film), Giancarlo Esposito as Baxter Stockman, Seth Rogen as Bebop, and John Cena as Rocksteady.

Trailer on Monday

https://gizmodo.com/tmnt-mutant-mayhem-cast-reveals-1850189449

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang

Tars Tarkas posted:

Seth Rogan's TMNT cast:

...John Cena as Rocksteady.

I was nodding my head for the whole cast but this one is what's going to put my butt in the seat. Cena's been rocking the comedic brute role lately.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Anonymous Zebra posted:

I was nodding my head for the whole cast but this one is what's going to put my butt in the seat. Cena's been rocking the comedic brute role lately.

I hope he's not CGI, just plain Cena with a piece of paper rolled up and stuck on his nose.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015

Shageletic posted:

There's a sequel to Smoking Aces? Which has weirdly good parts in all the noise.

Yeah, uh it isn't very good. My memory of smoking aces is about 30 minutes of unavoidable setup, 30 minutes of a good and interesting movie, 30 minutes of dull FBI drama/twist, 15 minutes of timewasting with Ben's bail bondsmen plot. Maybe 15 minutes of good stuff in the second one, including the hillbillies raiding the circus. And the end of movie stinger's stinger. The cast isn't bad but the budget and script isn't there in my opinion.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Oh no, we're going to have to endure months of racist wankers whining about April being played by a black woman. Willing to place a cash bet on idiots saying something about how her surname means she's of Irish descent so she must be white.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Quote-Unquote posted:

Oh no, we're going to have to endure months of racist wankers whining about April being played by a black woman. Willing to place a cash bet on idiots saying something about how her surname means she's of Irish descent so she must be white.

Shut 'em up by staring at them like this

Only registered members can see post attachments!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Really funny to watch this cause he's just got chicken legs like every guy that starts juicing.`

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

He just looks like he's in terrible pain to me lol

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

you can't really see his legs?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Quote-Unquote posted:

*cries shrilly* a woman voicing Wingnut??

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Quote-Unquote posted:

I was at a Director Q+A for Sorry To Bother You (this is in Dublin), and some guy asked Boots Riley if he had some Irish connection because of his name.

Boots *in a voice indicating he might be talking to the dumbest motherfucker on the planet*: Yeah there's lots of reasons why a black guy in America might have an Irish surname, in this case my family were owned as slaves...

Some guy, frantically backpedaling: Ah well, who knows how these things happen...

Boots *in a voice indicating he's definitely talking to the dumbest motherfucker on the planet*: No, I'm actually completely sure about how that happened.

Amazingly, I've actually forgotten the exact wording of that exchange which was somehow way more awkward than that, but kudos to Boots for being 100% real and then also moving on without making the rest of the Q+A weird as hell

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Martman posted:

He just looks like he's in terrible pain to me lol

So, it's a sequel to Life?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

And today is monday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFpl4nG3bj8

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

well why not posted:

you can't really see his legs?

https://twitter.com/espnmma/status/1632187796042465280?s=20

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
is this how they explain why he's the most famous bouncer in the world

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Even in fiction Dana White canonically doesn't pay his guys jack poo poo.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Quote-Unquote posted:

Just remind them April is black in the series just before this

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Alan Smithee posted:

is this how they explain why he's the most famous bouncer in the world

He's gonna tear someone's throat out in the octagon

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Failed Imagineer posted:

Q+A weird as hell

Too late, it's a Q and A.

I used to go to TIFF every summer and the weirdest motherfuckers run to grab the mic after a premiere is done. I remember seeing this weird fat old guy just rushing between the two lines on either side of the theater just to repeat his awkward as hell questions and rants

Glad I don't go to these things anymore

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I like how the backgrounds look like the rougher comic book style of the original 80s comic

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Shageletic posted:

Too late, it's a Q and A.

I used to go to TIFF every summer and the weirdest motherfuckers run to grab the mic after a premiere is done. I remember seeing this weird fat old guy just rushing between the two lines on either side of the theater just to repeat his awkward as hell questions and rants

Glad I don't go to these things anymore

Oh yeah they always suck rear end, I avoid most of the time but sometimes you just get stuck.

The Boots Riley one was even worse because it was over satellite linkup, so his stankface of disgust was projected on to a 30' high screen

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
I saw a live-streamed Q&A for Green Room and dipped when the first question was “what was his desert island album?”

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
It's very funny that Jake Gyllenhaal got super jacked for a Roadhouse remake.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

live with fruit posted:

It's very funny that Jake Gyllenhaal got super jacked for a Roadhouse remake.

He was pretty juicy anyway from previous roles, the body remembers. It's not like it was DJ Qualls getting a lead role in a Marvel

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Failed Imagineer posted:

He was pretty juicy anyway from previous roles, the body remembers. It's not like it was DJ Qualls getting a lead role in a Marvel

Sure but he's still gotta cram a bunch of "chicken and brown rice" down his gullet for a Roadhouse remake.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

live with fruit posted:

Sure but he's still gotta cram a bunch of "chicken and brown rice" down his gullet for a Roadhouse remake.

Taking on an iconic Swayze role is probably something he takes extremely seriously though, most actors seem to have a lot of admiration for Swayze.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Wasn’t Swayze’s physique mostly from being a dancer?

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Called it

https://mobile.twitter.com/annalistthe/status/1632839535863185412

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Yeah I saw her name trending earlier on Twitter and i immediately knew what it was about

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
As an Irish person I am deeply concerned about "Gaelic erasure" in media, a thing that is definitely happen.

(I mean it does happen, but exclusively in the sense of British media claiming Colin Farrell and Paul Mescal as "British actors")

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I wonder do these guys get worked up about Red from Shawshank Redemption being played by Morgan Freeman - they even reference it in the movie when Freeman has the line "Maybe it's because I'm Irish"!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Failed Imagineer posted:

I wonder do these guys get worked up about Red from Shawshank Redemption being played by Morgan Freeman - they even reference it in the movie when Freeman has the line "Maybe it's because I'm Irish"!

I do love that they just quoted that line from the book as a joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Failed Imagineer posted:

None of them read the book :ssh: