Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Asimo posted:

You can get both currencies already, the silver one from pac-man (probably because it's the co-op one) and gold from rhythm and photos.

Oh that's right. Yeah no clearing out the shop this time I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if you wanna clear the rhythm game and are on PC the secret is to just mute the game and view it purely as a timing minigame

Kale
May 14, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvIQzD5412w

Cyno's jokes are basically this cutaway gag from Family Guy.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Just found something funky is Baizhu's kit. I'm pretty sure that his A4 is worded like a direct character buff, rather than a static effect buff like Nahida. This isn't super interesting in teams with selfish onfielders like Cyno, but in a team where you can freely switch around you can have 2 or maybe 3 characters buffed at a time. Pretty neat!

You can also use it to give your hyperbloom/burgeon trigger a buff every 6 seconds, and then switch back to Baizhu to maintain high dendro core generation. Even with characters that spend long durations off-field, like Miko and Fischl, you at least get some buff, instead of Nahida's no buff.

But this is the kinda stuff you really have to play with first. Might seem fine in a spreadsheet or sim, then clunky in practice.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Also if it helps anyone, there's a setting for the music that makes the notes fall straight down. Might make it easier for some people...

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD

Real Cool Catfish posted:

So Chlothar’s just going to turn out to be one of the harbringers then I’m guessing.

Or he's dead and buried in the garden.

Dainsleif: But what does this mean? And how did you know that there were bodies buried here?
MC: I think that the bones of the man...
MC: Belong to Chlothar Alberich.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

Tanreall posted:

Or he's dead and buried in the garden.

Dainsleif: But what does this mean? And how did you know that there were bodies buried here?
MC: I think that the bones of the man...
MC: Belong to Chlothar Alberich.

Whoops! Ta for that, I was half asleep doing the quest. Not the smartest thing to do with a Dainsleif special.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012
i’m starting to be convinced that there are two different writing teams that work on this game. the 3.x archon quests have been quite good so far, even (or especially imo) old dude from the caribert quest making a meal out of the scenery, but occasionally tuning in to what’s being said during windblume is particularly painful today

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
The event claymore is pretty much a straight upgrade for Sayu over the prototype archaic.

Prototype Archaic
565 base ATK
+27.6% ATK

vs

Mailed Flower
565 base ATK
+24% ATK
206 EM

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Is Dehya actually comfortable to use in Ganyu burn melt or just "usable"? I'm concerned about the downtime and compatibility with non-Nahida dendros.

Kale
May 14, 2010

MNSNTZR posted:

i’m starting to be convinced that there are two different writing teams that work on this game. the 3.x archon quests have been quite good so far, even (or especially imo) old dude from the caribert quest making a meal out of the scenery, but occasionally tuning in to what’s being said during windblume is particularly painful today

The Main Story Archon quests as well as the region based area quest series tend to have more agency and stakes for the greater story of Teyvat and the nations involved while the event quests tend to be more character focused family friendly stuff and what I guess some would describe as "wholesome", which for many may as well just mean drat well dull. This event seems to largely be about Collei overcoming her social anxiety and all the various characters involved offering their input as to that, particularly Sucrose who is cut from the same cloth albeit not quite to the same degree. I think it sort of expects you have read the webcomic it's a bit of a follow up too as well and know the context of what Collei was like in that versus post Sumeru arc especially and the sort of life she's led for it to really resonate.

I definitely have a feeling that the event story and main archon/world quest series story writers aren't the same people though. Also they have to crank out like 2-3 hours worth of event story poo poo every 5-6 weeks or so (roughly equivalent to half a season of a typical anime TV series) whereas the archon quest/world quest series people often get months to work with so the quality is likely to be quite different. I feel like this probably holds true for most F2P GAAS titles coming out of Asia.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I'm still kinda surprised they put a character as hosed up as Collei in the game

Kale
May 14, 2010

Meowywitch posted:

I'm still kinda surprised they put a character as hosed up as Collei in the game

https://manga.honkaiimpact3.com/book/1004/5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrGf0kFbkeI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTK8P6vRiIg

This is the company that came up with Seele Vollerei AKA Veliona as a character so....

Just a brief summary The character is this very meek girl that looks up to another character in Honkai named Bronya as an older sister figure who among other things is depicted as hiding away traumatized from a bully in a toy chest and is just generally treated like poo poo by most of the orphan girls aside from Bronya only for it to turn out that she has a split personality psychopathic dark side that is fiercely protective of her and wields a scythe who at several points comes out when she's being pushed over the limit by her biggest bully or just really bad situations and plays creepy mind tricks on her leaving said bully in a temporary mind hosed state. Then she takes on this quantum dive experiment in the place of Bronya which gets her caught in the quantum realm not unlike Hank Pym's wife in Aunt man and that becomes a major motivation for Bronya in the early parts of the game to try to find a way to break her out of it. She's also very obviously based on the character of Hotaru Tomoe from Sailor Moon with the generally sweet and meek nature with a malevolent entity dormant personality.

Collei is super toned down in comparison to a character like Seele IMO. Like you feel kind of bad for the story treating Seele like dirt especially in the backstory stuff, but you also kind of feel bad for those suffering Veliona's retribution.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
There’s a lot of hosed up stories and characters in Genshin they’re just mainly in the lore found from reading books and item descriptions.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Alice is extremely hosed up which you'd miss entirely because every event so far has been portraying her as just "Everyone's Mom"

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I wish I could make my feedback about this event as unskippable as the half hour of "talktalktalktalktalk get control for 5 seconds to walk to the next talktalktalktalktalk" that the second Windblume quest has been

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I wish they'd add a way to play the old event questlines.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

brainwrinkle posted:

Is Dehya actually comfortable to use in Ganyu burn melt or just "usable"? I'm concerned about the downtime and compatibility with non-Nahida dendros.
shes not very compatible with non-nahida dendros but thats more a function of nahida being the only character allowed good dendro application

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

Mordiceius posted:

Or be able to read in archives like archon/story quests.

Also wish you could read world quests as they’re sometimes the hardest to follow as there’s no voice.

Though it’s true you can read them on the fandom site.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Meowywitch posted:

She never left the Fatui :twisted:

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

I am 100% on board with cyno being a huge dork in his off time

imagine pulling for him thinking you’re getting a stoic badass and ending up with a mtg nerd armed with bad jokes he won’t stop repeating until someone acknowledges them

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Mordiceius posted:

There must be players wondering just why the MC got angry enough at Scaramouche to pass out when it was only the first time they had met.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Traveller posted:

There must be players wondering just why the MC got angry enough at Scaramouche to pass out when it was only the first time they had met.

I think that was more because they'd been huffing Orobashi fumes than any particular past.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/11j69y5/dehyas_dmg_reduction_mechanics/

Dehya's damage mitigation system doesn't actually work, also doesn't work with shields I guess.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/11j69y5/dehyas_dmg_reduction_mechanics/

Dehya's damage mitigation system doesn't actually work, also doesn't work with shields I guess.
I mean it works as intended. Its obviously not meant to work with shield and her kit is all about taking damage in another person's place, not removing damage. Its not very good but idk why this is posted like an expose.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I hope the person who designed dehya feels bad and is aware they made some big fucky wucky woos

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tbh dehya feels really good to play onfield.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Tae posted:

Yeah, i was expecting "testing shows her skills don't function as they should" but like, this is just 'she's stupidly designed' (which we already knew).

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Theres someone in that thread going 'if the game is so essy why do you farm artifacts? Checkmate atheists' so im just gonna assume reddit is dumb

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Endorph posted:

Tbh dehya feels really good to play onfield.

yeah, shame about some of the other stuff but she is pretty fun to play. great animations too.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

honestly even in terms of, idk, numbers, it feels like people are exaggerating how bad she is by a lot. her c1 really should have been baseline and i have it cause of a lucky roll so maybe thats part of of it, but she barely feels worse than c0 hu tao to me in terms of numbers. like she doesnt work with xingqiu/yelan that well so thats a big problem but if we're talking mono pyro or melt or w/e teams shes putting out the same kind of damage as my hu tao is on similar artifacts. i can totally buy that if they release a hydro support that works with her shell become solid.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I can clear abyss forever with my roster before Dehya so I'm not talking about meta game, but she doesn't feel good at all when doing random stuff. I mained Eula for a year, so I know how a claymore should feel and she has way too much knockback on hits that aren't the final hit, and her skill feels bad to use casually because 8 second gap between the skill ending and the cooldown is awkward.

I'm also not sure why she doesn't have super armor when deploying her skill, it is extremely stark how many times I get knocked out of trying to use her skill half the time.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i never really have a knockback problem with her tbh

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Her kit abilities barely clearing 50% uptime still seems like a significant issue.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Radical posted:

yeah, shame about some of the other stuff but she is pretty fun to play. great animations too.

going ham on nerds with her burst is super satisfying

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
pure pyro Dehya is pretty fun to play in the overworld, altho I expect mashing for her burst is going to get old.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Does Sucrose work in place of Kazuha for pure pyro?

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Pictured: Me not regretting pulling for Dehya

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Mordiceius posted:

A bit, kazuha is the best but if you are trying to force it any anemo with VV can work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mordiceius posted:

kazuha's the one who gives an elemental damage bonus based on his EM that sucrose doesn't. the em buffs sucrose gives are pretty useless in a pure pyro team. she still supplies vv shred so its not bad. if you only have sucrose id recommend going for melt dehya maybe, like dehya/kaeya/sucrose and then benny or xiangling or rosaria. dehya's going to need more ER in a team like that but its workable.