Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Ace is Jesus

At this point I probably wouldn’t even bat an eye at that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trogglodyte
Apr 5, 2015

Infinite Darkness

Waffleman_ posted:

Ace is Jesus
I mean...

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

May the Sacred Flame shine forth!

Trogglodyte posted:

Ace himself explicitly said he was born in 0 AD. Niram's also noted his anachronistic levels of skill even as a teenager.

oh def agree with all of your post, but Ace actually only said he's been In the DGP since 1.AD.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
There is in fact no year 0!

I've now watched the second episode of Donbrothers. I'm still not really sold on it. I'm hoping plot will happen at some point, instead of things just happening. The only thing that I think I've noticed is everyone who's a member of the Donbrothers seems to have suffered some sort of misfortune that's ruining their lives, aside from Tarou himself. I'm also conflicted in my feelings for him. As Momoi Tarou, he's a pretty cool guy and I like him. As Don Momotaro, I can't stand him. I've never really cared much for arrogant, unbeatable protagonists. It's why I don't like Kabuto much.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Kamen Rider is for moms

https://twitter.com/takuji3428/status/1631774588576346113?s=46&t=K6CRMiA33aFQep_ZPx64DQ

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So if it’s subbed by now and anyone’s watched it yet, how’s King-Ohger so far?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odagiri_effect

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
It's weird we had a year with no sentai at all, but KingOhger looks good and I'll probably watch it

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

The Deleter posted:

It's weird we had a year with no sentai at all, but KingOhger looks good and I'll probably watch it

Dogshit opinion. 5 points

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Dogshit opinion. 5 points

People keep inisting Donbros is good and it makes me not want to watch Donbros. I got five episodes in and nothing seemed new or interesting about it so I'm not inclined to watch more, and this opinion gets people to insult my mental health mostly.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

The Deleter posted:

People keep inisting Donbros is good and it makes me not want to watch Donbros. I got five episodes in and nothing seemed new or interesting about it so I'm not inclined to watch more, and this opinion gets people to insult my mental health mostly.

4 points.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

If I watch more Donbros and report back will you shut the gently caress up?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Oh my god that was you?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Buddy I'm teasing you because saying that someone calling your opinion bad is attacking your mental health is stupid.

That and actually deciding not to enjoy something because other people enjoy it is also just kind of a dumb reflex. And if the style of the show was not apparent by episode 5 I don't think you're gonna gel with it or really see how it's different From any other Show because you have decided to not like it already to the point you're jokingly pretending it never existed. Watching more of it is just gonna lead you to get weird about it at this point

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Mar 5, 2023

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Oh yeah I still understand how you could see The 1st few episodes and say It's typical of sentai. The birthday ep is like...episode 5 or 6 isn't it? With its 2 minutes of action and 17 of just really earnest character work and goofs.

I wish that was the norm

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

DoctorWhat posted:

Oh my god that was you?

I dunno if you're on the same discords I am but if you are this is immediately like 100% more embarrassing

Buddy I'm teasing you because saying that someone calling your opinion bad is attacking your mental health is stupid.

That and actually deciding not to enjoy something because other people enjoy it is also just kind of a dumb reflex. And if the style of the show was not apparent by episode 5 I don't think you're gonna gel with it or really see how it's different From any other Show because you have decided to not like it already to the point you're jokingly pretending it never existed. Watching more of it is just gonna lead you to get weird about it at this point

Okay that's fair but someone actually did that in a discord I was in, however that's basically irrelevant to the discussion here and I apologise for bringing that here

I didn't like Donbros and it's frustrating to see people post about it because I didnt get what they got out of it and I'm wondering what I missed out on, so I want to try again in good faith so I can not be weird about it or at least decide not to like it on its own faults

I'll drop it now instead of Posting Through It because god forbid I become like Delphisage or any of that class of weirdo motherfuckers

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

The Deleter posted:

I dunno if you're on the same discords I am but if you are this is immediately like 100% more embarrassing

Water under the bridge. I'm sorry I snapped at you, it genuinely was inappropriate and uncalled-for.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The full version of Trust Last is finally out and

it's a bit underwhelming

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
I’m so tired of these toxic DonBros.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Gripweed posted:

They all keep saying Joker is the best movie ever

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

The Deleter posted:

Okay that's fair but someone actually did that in a discord I was in,

Ok, I promise you I am not in that discord, that wasn't me, it was a complete non sequitur to the conversation that was happening here between you and I, so again, bringing that up in this context is just weird man.

Waffleman_ posted:

The full version of Trust Last is finally out and

it's a bit underwhelming

The TV version is great but I think it's just because it has that perfect hook at the turn in the OP and I don't think a full version would be good. It benefits from its brevity.

Gripweed posted:

OniSister bullies local kamen rider fan, asked to leave Sentai.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Ok, I promise you I am not in that discord, that wasn't me, it was a complete non sequitur to the conversation that was happening here between you and I, so again, bringing that up in this context is just weird man.

Understood, won't happen again.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
First two eps of the Yodonna Special have been subbed

Is an understatement.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Xelkelvos posted:

First two eps of the Yodonna Special have been subbed

Is an understatement.

Neat, how is it? Also based on the disclaimer are we talking Akibaranger level or higher here?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Mar 6, 2023

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Larryb posted:

Neat, how is it? Also based on the disclaimer are we talking Akibaranger level or higher here?

I've only watched the first episode and it's had:

Implied broken necks from holds, a guy getting his throat cut with visible blood, but no spray, off-screen organ theft where we hear the victim's cries and see them before they get opened up, maid cafe fight where the culottes are plainly visible, a lesbian kiss

So a bit more brutal than Akibaranger in terms of action, but at around the same level of fanservice.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
watched episode 1 of King-Onger
interesting setup. its nice to see a real mech fight again.

having 5 different countries is neat. The spirit king or whatever reminds me of the dinosaur god spirit in Zyuryuger.

So far, from first impressions I like the genki rice guy from the I guess, agriculture country. And the spoiled hime character.

Cool setup with the original red being a total jerk that wants to take over the other kingdoms, and Gira taking the sword and being a rebel king. Look like he's gonna travel to the other countries to eventually sway the others to join him. While getting hunted down by the red country army

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

M.Matsuda posted:

oh def agree with all of your post, but Ace actually only said he's been In the DGP since 1.AD.

well that's not true he's been undefeated since entry and he's only won 4

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
This might just be me, but does Kyuun give of... I can only call it 'platonic yandere' vibes towards Neon?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Junpei posted:

This might just be me, but does Kyuun give of... I can only call it 'platonic yandere' vibes towards Neon?

Kyuun seems intensely hosed up and I assume that getting her freedom from him too will be part of Neon’s arc.

Trogglodyte
Apr 5, 2015

Infinite Darkness
King-Ohger's first episode is really good. Frankly a stronger start than Donbrothers. Hope it keeps up that energy, I know Kamihoriuchi is handling the first five episodes so that should hopefully set some strong precedents for the following directors.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

The Deleter posted:

Time for a haiku!

Posts “the deleter”:
Does not like the Donbrothers
We are now informed

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Just saw the latest Geats:

-Holy poo poo, Neon's dad only had Neon because he won a previous DGP? That's kinda crazy.
-I loving CALLED Toru getting resurrected via Jamato.
-I love that Tsumuri is the only future person with something approaching a conscience. I'm really hoping she gets her own Rider form at some point.

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

May the Sacred Flame shine forth!

Elfgames posted:

well that's not true he's been undefeated since entry and he's only won 4

Yeah, when he said the 1.AD thing Keiwa also said that Ace was clearly lying, and Ace went "why did you ask" in response.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I am completely gobsmacked at the production values on display in King-Ohger, and considering that it seems like they'll be in this setting for the entire series, godspeed on them seeing it through.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Oh, they're definitely not keeping up with some of this stuff after this first episode or so, as typical for pretty much every sentai series. Something's gonna give for production reasons, but they have the CG stuff for their green screen rooms though at loeast.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yooooo Saber is on Vietnamese Netflix and they stole Flame's suuuuuuuuuuuuuuubs!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Wow for real?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
King Ohger episode 1 was pretty good, if a bit too dense and spread out (somehow) for its own good, but I could say that about most Super Sentai first episodes I have seen.

So it looks like Gira isn't (Or, at least at this point known to be) some secret brother to the King that is reasserting his own right to the thrown; Rather, he is just another Joe Somebody who just happens to hightail it right to the castle as poo poo is going down to see What Is Up and finds out that his King is, in fact, a huge rear end in a top hat. I do like the long shot of him realizing what he just got himself into and eventually deciding :regd08: "Screw it, lets lean into it" :regd08:

Also, this is Attack on Titan as gently caress.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Mar 6, 2023

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
One minor dumb thing is how quickly Gira got to the throne room from the village while everything was going on. Just teleprompter from one location to another

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylvian Wastes
Jan 3, 2022

by Hand Knit
Kamen rider geats has opened the door to fanart because it implies that various pantheons or dieties are the result of past grand prix, and that a mesoamerican and ancient Egyptian one were held.