Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Its great to hear these We Played Outside posts because most of the time they're more aimed at shiftless preteens and when I was that age living in the Midwestern suburbs there was nothing to do but be shiftless teens at a local playground or go bowling.

And much like someone who is forced to eat nothing but carrots for every single meal for 10 years, I loving hate bowling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

They just sat 2 inches from the bigass tube TV for hours like they pretend they didn’t and still do. I haven’t had a tv in my room since I was living with my parents but my dad falls asleep watching tv each night.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

There's so much to unpack with this one

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I bet those shooters wouldn't dare set foot in Africa, let alone near a lion, if it weren't for guns finished by machine, vaccines, pharmacology, and systems of political backing.

There's a reason why this didn't happen until it suddenly did

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
Reporting for duty in the War Against Soy Sauce, sir! Happy to throw myself on the enemy should the need arise, sir! :yum:

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
thats some dirty tar

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

War on drugs going good let’s check in on it….

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Ok cool, I think we should do more rehab programs, allow for clean needle exchanges, and have insurance cover rehabilitative costs.

Oh you mean be mean to immigrants, not actually do anything about addiction.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
:qq:
https://twitter.com/ClownWorld_/status/1631786462445473793?t=EzAoZo8w4fGpiIMiFJR0Iw&s=19

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Edit: nm

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I was at work and someone bought a few games and as I was closing the cash drawer they go "Here, here's a million dollars." They handed me a clearly fake million dollar bill and I immediately knew what it was, but I thanked them and they went on their way. Yep, it was one of those "HERE'S THE MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION: are you going to Heaven or Hell when you die?" At least they didn't leave it in place of a tip at a restaurant. I tossed it and didn't think much about it until about ten minutes later a customer came up and went "Hey I saw this laying on the shelf over there" and it was another one. I won't lie that one kind of annoyed me.

Anyway out of curiosity, there was a website listed on it, and so I decided to check it out. Turns out it's for a film company called Living Waters and the founder is Ray Comfort. You know, the "Bananas: the atheist's nightmare" guy. Full of such "incredible" movies as The Atheist Delusion (Why Millions Deny the Obvious), The Fool (The True "Banana Man" Story), Crazy Bible, Dogs Can Talk, A Woman's Right to Choose... 7 Reasons, Ten of the Top Scientific Facts in the Bible, and School Shootings (The Cause and the Cure in Less Than 20 Minutes...For those Who Want to Know).

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Twelve by Pies posted:

I was at work and someone bought a few games and as I was closing the cash drawer they go "Here, here's a million dollars." They handed me a clearly fake million dollar bill and I immediately knew what it was, but I thanked them and they went on their way. Yep, it was one of those "HERE'S THE MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION: are you going to Heaven or Hell when you die?" At least they didn't leave it in place of a tip at a restaurant. I tossed it and didn't think much about it until about ten minutes later a customer came up and went "Hey I saw this laying on the shelf over there" and it was another one. I won't lie that one kind of annoyed me.

Anyway out of curiosity, there was a website listed on it, and so I decided to check it out. Turns out it's for a film company called Living Waters and the founder is Ray Comfort. You know, the "Bananas: the atheist's nightmare" guy. Full of such "incredible" movies as The Atheist Delusion (Why Millions Deny the Obvious), The Fool (The True "Banana Man" Story), Crazy Bible, Dogs Can Talk, A Woman's Right to Choose... 7 Reasons, Ten of the Top Scientific Facts in the Bible, and School Shootings (The Cause and the Cure in Less Than 20 Minutes...For those Who Want to Know).

I've got a few of these, I'll post em in a few minutes

Anyways, my advice is to start collecting tracts, especially if you're in a situation where a fake tip like this would be emotionally painful. It turns a huge disappointment into an exciting chance to add to your collection.

Dr. Arbitrary fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Mar 5, 2023

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I should've snapped a photo, the one I got had Ben Franklin on it. Pretty sure the text on the back of that second one is identical.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I don't mind the ones that are on million dollar bills, the ones that drive me nuts are when you see a dollar or five dollar bill on the ground, you pick it up and it's a fuckin "what's better than saving money? Being saved!"

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Good. That should nicely prove that these pigs aren't needed.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Good. That should nicely prove that these pigs aren't needed.

nah the pigs will just murder some people on their own to prove they are needed

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Wonder why we don't get definitive breakdowns of the cops:crime in various jurisdictions.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Pretty sure I'm going in an urn when I die

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

BiggerBoat posted:

Pretty sure I'm going in an urn when I die

We'll get you a nice one, you urned it.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

quote:

Nothing new, except it comes from a writer on a liberal, progressive New England newspaper......WHEN AN EDITORIAL LIKE THIS COMES OUT OF BOSTON, YOU KNOW THERE IS A BIG PROBLEM!
Excellent Boston Herald Editorial Opinion by Peter Lucas
Joe Biden could have been a good president. All he had to do was leave things alone. Instead, he blundered into the office and wrecked the country.
He is like the guy on a Boeing 747 high over the Atlantic Ocean who breaks into the cockpit and says, "I can fly this thing" "You don't have to, Joe," the pilot says, "It's on autopilot. It flies itself. You know, computers." Undeterred, Joe presses buttons and flips switches. The plane goes into a nosedive.
Which is where we are today You don't put a guy like this in control.
He is President Doom. Everything he touches goes bad. And nothing is his fault. He took an energy-independent country and turned it into a nation begging Saudi Arabia and Venezuela for oil.
Gasoline prices hit the roof and inflation soared. But it is not his fault. He forgot how he preened on Day One of his presidency, launching his war on domestic produced energy in favor of his Green Dream of a fossil fuel free world.
Biden, John Kerry, his climate change czar, and the progressives would have you believe that the world will come to an end unless their anti-fossil fuel agenda adopted.
Yes, the world may come to an end. But the chances are the end will come sooner from the unleashing of nuclear weapons then it will come from the use of fossil fuels. But you do not hear politicians like Biden or Kerry talk much about doing away with nuclear weapons.
On the contrary. Biden is reopening nuclear negotiations with Iran which will eventually lead to the Iranians having a nuclear bomb. This is the country where its religious fanatics have promised to use its first nuclear weapon on Israel and the second on the United States.
If I were to bet, I would wager on the world ending in a nuclear bang before closing out in a fossil fuel whimper. Meanwhile, the rest of the world keeps pumping away, and the American people suffer. But it is not Biden's fault. It is Vladimir Putin and his war in Ukraine who is to blame, not Joe Biden.
Joe Biden took a working and strict border policy left to him by Donald Trump and turned it into a humanitarian disaster. Hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants from countries around the world are pouring into the United States and nobody is stopping them.
And many of them are dying along the way. Bidens's decision to do away with border enforcement has also greatly facilitated the smuggling tons of drugs into the county, including deadly fentanyl from China that is killing many unsuspecting Americans.
But that is not his fault either. He says that it was Trump's racist border policy that caused all the problems. Besides, he assigned Kamala Harris to get to the root of the problem.
Biden also authored the ill-conceived and humiliating pullout from Afghanistan, causing the unnecessary death of 13 Americans at the chaotic Kabul airport, leaving hundreds of Americans, abandoning thousands of Afghan allies, and throwing the country into the chaotic hands of the Taliban.
Naturally, he blamed Trump, which nobody bought. The next thing you know Joe Biden will be blaming Putin for the Supreme Court's decision to send the abortion issue back to the states. Putin somehow must have gotten Trump to appoint three conservatives to the court in order to roil the country.
According to Biden, the "one thing" that has destabilized the country under his leadership has not been soaring gasoline prices, inflation, the open border, the shameful retreat in Afghanistan, the war in Ukraine, the frightening rising crime rate or the pandemic, but "the outrageous behavior" of the Supreme Court on the abortion issue.
The court did not destabilize the country. Joe Biden did. This man does not belong in the cockpit.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Trump literally signed the agreement to withdraw from Afghanistan!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Twelve by Pies posted:

Trump literally signed the agreement to withdraw from Afghanistan!

No no don't you see Trump would have only pulled out at the perfect time and NEVER would have abandoned equipment.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
I don't think Trump had a good pull out gane

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I didn't read any of that, but lol at the Herald being called a 'liberal, progressive' newspaper.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ashcans posted:

I didn't read any of that, but lol at the Herald being called a 'liberal, progressive' newspaper.

Yeah when my dad sent that to me I googled the author and liberal and progressive he most definitely isn't

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
the only dollar website that is valid is the Where's George one.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
The Herald is the NY Post of Boston. Also sadly, the Herald is the only paper that does any local coverage worth anything.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

is the raperface guy with the hat actually retire or is he still pulling the strings

e: wrong thread, but it probably still works here

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

You mean more than they already have?

Stick is fun to drive also.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Some Boomers (sorry, Willa) are absolutely convinced that no one under sixty knows how to write in cursive or drive stick shifts.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Some Boomers (sorry, Willa) are absolutely convinced that no one under sixty knows how to write in cursive or drive stick shifts.

As if anyone cares, like "oooh boomers would be so screwed if we went back to horses, they're so owned."

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Boomers pretty much all drive auto.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
What do I win if I'm a zoomer who drank out of a garden hose, uses cursive handwriting, and knows stick shift

oh wait it's still scorn from old people huh

gently caress

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Ah, but you probably still ate avocado toast, didn't you? Owned :smuggo:

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Driving stick isn't even that hard.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I remember an old Simpsons meme where Homer quotes that part, but then the second panel has Marge freaking him out by replying with "Open a PDF."

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

Mooseontheloose posted:

You mean more than they already have?

Stick is fun to drive also.

Also:

Gen Z Kids Are Saving Manual Transmissions — Sort Of

Jalopnik posted:

The article asserts that younger buyers are choosing vehicles with manual transmissions for the same reason they are choosing things like vinyl records and point-and-shoot cameras. More than half of the buyers who opted for a manual Integra are between 18 and 46 years old, and around a quarter of the buyers who bought a manual Miata in 2022 are between 18 and 35.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

It's only fair, we crippled another one by going online.