Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/theserfstv/status/1615845916346572800

Posting in the hope that Epicurius is still with us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

nine-gear crow posted:

https://twitter.com/theserfstv/status/1615845916346572800

Posting in the hope that Epicurius is still with us.

I'm still here. I just got out of thr hospital a few days ago and plan to post tonight.

Rta. Sorry. I'm yoo exhausted to focus on this. Will try again tomorrow.

Epicurius fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jan 19, 2023

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice
Take care!

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Take your time, Epi! Focus on yourself and your recovery! We aren't going anywhere!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Be well, citizen.

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now
let's get this shit started

Definitely take care of yourself first, we'll be here when you're up to it again

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Just found this thread, looking forward to checking out the backlog while you recover, Epicurius.

Loved this series as a kid, excited for the attention its getting lately. Also, you're required to do a watch-thru of the TV show, you know this right? :v:

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Epi has a bad enough time of it, don't push that evil on them

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

God I almost want to do that myself. I have very vague memories of the show airing when I was a child, but nothing really substantial.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

Rhjamiz posted:

Loved this series as a kid, excited for the attention its getting lately. Also, you're required to do a watch-thru of the TV show, you know this right? :v:

This alone is making by blood thin to dangerous levels....

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Soonmot posted:

Epi has a bad enough time of it, don't push that evil on them

NO TURNING BACK

NO BACKING DOWN

NOWHERE TO RUN

NO SOLID GROUND

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

It had to be me. I knew the others didn't have what it takes- the killer instinct, the ferocity- to see it through. That's why they asked me to do it. Because they know I'm the only one who will go all the way. Rachel the Amazon. Rachel the killer.

I turned on the TV and started watching the first episode of the animorphs tv show.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Zonko_T.M. posted:

It had to be me. I knew the others didn't have what it takes- the killer instinct, the ferocity- to see it through. That's why they asked me to do it. Because they know I'm the only one who will go all the way. Rachel the Amazon. Rachel the killer.

I turned on the TV and started watching the first episode of the animorphs tv show.

more tragic than Tobias' sacrifice, and more viscerally unsettling than that of Arbron

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes
Mild end of season spoiler

I bet the Animorphs TV show they mention in the books at the end of 54 was really good and not on Nickelodeon. I wonder if they consulted Eva. They probably consulted a bunch of Hork-Bajir and Yeerks too. Wanted to get Visser Three on the line too but their request for a sit down interview was denied.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Some thread content! I saw the next two books in the graphic novel adaptation had come out, so I decided to order them:

Spoilers: They're pretty good! Like the first, they're reasonably straightforward and very faithful adaptations of the original books. Some things may clash with how your own imagination pictured the events in question (I for one always pictured Chapman as a bald African-American dude, and I cannot tell you why), but I do think Chris Grine's artwork manages to enhance the source material, mainly by depicting how completely hosed up and grotesque morphing is:

Of the two, Book 3 has a few more tweaks from the original books — for instance, Marco uses a slingshot instead of a baseball to smash the skylight, and the depiction of Tobias' struggle between his human brain and his bird body is made a bit more literal. There's also this neat little update:

On the whole, some good books! I have no idea what the future of the series holds, but I hope they keep it up since I've been enjoying it so far. I just wish the release schedule was more frequent, but obviously there's only so much they can do when relying on a single artist for a 200 page comic.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Acebuckeye13 posted:

There's also this neat little update:

On the whole, some good books! I have no idea what the future of the series holds, but I hope they keep it up since I've been enjoying it so far. I just wish the release schedule was more frequent, but obviously there's only so much they can do when relying on a single artist for a 200 page comic.

That is both nice and neat.

I believe Grine said that he finished the other 3-book graphic novel series he was working on simultaneously, so after #3 he'd be able to make two books a year instead of one.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Just as a warning, don't read that thread to the point that you get to the final two books if you want to keep yourself fresh for the thread.

https://twitter.com/kaaauthor/status/1620474029219123201?t=1_Vq_3y39a4ai7v0Sooiiw&s=19

Star Man fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Feb 1, 2023

Jim the Nickel
Mar 2, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Star Man posted:

Just as a warning, don't read that thread to the point that you get to the final two books if you want to keep yourself fresh for the thread.

https://twitter.com/kaaauthor/status/1620474029219123201?t=1_Vq_3y39a4ai7v0Sooiiw&s=19

God, she's the best.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

That woman is the best kept secret of the US

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

mind the walrus posted:

That woman is the best kept secret of the US

People are noticing her more and more these days.

TCE
Feb 26, 2016
Just dropping in to send well wishes to Epicurius.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It won't take they run that like every 2 years and have since 2010

TCE posted:

Just dropping in to send well wishes to Epicurius.

Unironically getting concerned. Hope the bloke is ok.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

mind the walrus posted:

Unironically getting concerned. Hope the bloke is ok.

I appreciate everyone's concerns. Just to give an update, I'm in the hospital and have been for over a week. They're pretty sure it's congestive heart failure. So they have me on a lot of diuretics to get rid of all the fluid I've retained, and then rehab to get me walking again. If it helps, I'm not in immediate danger, although right now, adding chapters from my phone is tough.

I will be back once I have things sorted out. If anyone has questions, let me know.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
Take care, dude. Focus on yourself first before coming back to Animorphs

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Morphing should help with that shouldn't it? Someone get this man a blue box

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

wishing you all the best, dude. that's really rough.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I had a triple bypass in jan2020, and my uncle just went into the hospital to wait for a heart transplant the other day, so I feel you pal. I'm so glad to hear you're doing better. Take your time, heal up. We want you here for a long time.

pastor of muppets
Aug 21, 2007

We were somewhere around the Living Hive, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

I just binged the last 40% of this thread after losing track sometime after MM3. Hope you’re doing okay Epi.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Health and Wellness check up. How you doing, Epi?

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

Soonmot posted:

Health and Wellness check up. How you doing, Epi?

So, I'm out of the hospital, after having lost like 80 gallons of fluid, and am in rehab.. I expect to get out the end of thecweek...I have a discharge meeting on Wednesday, and it's going to take a few days for them to do the paperwork.

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now
let's get this shit started

Rehabilitation and discharge sound promising, here's hoping everything goes well. Rooting for you, dude!

pastor of muppets
Aug 21, 2007

We were somewhere around the Living Hive, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Not sure how it’s possible to lose 80 gallons of fluid while in a Yeerk pool but ok?

glad you’re on the mend!

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Eighty gallons of fluid is a shitload of whatever juices were taken out of you, holy fuckin poo poo.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo, that's wild. You have any therapy to do?

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

Soonmot posted:

Holy poo poo, that's wild. You have any therapy to do?

Right now, it's just been improving muscle tone and starting walking again and stuff like that.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Brb, putting 80 gallons into metric

e: good heavens

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

pastor of muppets posted:

Not sure how it’s possible to lose 80 gallons of fluid while in a Yeerk pool but ok?

glad you’re on the mend!

Clearly one of those weird new aliens that only show up for one book.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Skellybones posted:

Clearly one of those weird new aliens that only show up for one book.

Marco morphs a sea sponge and is cut in half, producing two Marcos with different petsonality traits. One is wry and the other is sardonic

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Tree Bucket posted:

Marco morphs a sea sponge and is cut in half, producing two Marcos with different petsonality traits. One is wry and the other is sardonic

they bang

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
i just wanted to let people know that I'm home, and we continue reading tomorrow.