Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

It's such Pro Wrestling. Everyone else is still so mad that kayfabe was broken long after everyone knows it's fake and Boris is out there going "You know we can just give our dad's Knighthoods? lol, it's all fake, let's just have fun with it" and giving no heed to psychology or protecting the business.

What I'm saying is Boris Johnson is the Young Buck's of British Politics.

Edit: what an incredibly niche page snipe my god.

Gonzo McFee fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Mar 6, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

hahahha

I mean fair play to him, he did at least apologise when he realised his mistake. Still an idiot who chose to represent Scat Mancock tho.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/praxiscast/status/1632647899740876802?s=46&t=ARI_L-v32Oind1-d9B3a3Q

Exciting innovations in facilitating councillor scam artistry.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gonzo McFee posted:

It's such Pro Wrestling. Everyone else is still so mad that kayfabe was broken long after everyone knows it's fake and Boris is out there going "You know we can just give our dad's Knighthoods? lol, it's all fake, let's just have fun with it" and giving no heed to psychology or protecting the business.

What I'm saying is Boris Johnson is the Young Buck's of British Politics.

Edit: what an incredibly niche page snipe my god.

This means Keir Starmer is the WWE of politics, an aging relic stuck in the past only surviving on the glories of 20 years ago

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

So instead of councils buying a house and then just maintaining it, they'll rent it out for the purpose of council houses so that there's an extra layer of bullshit to go through for everyone, and more importantly, money get funnelled from the govt into private companies instead of the council owning the houses and spending less money. This is your brain on neoliberlism.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

This woman is regarded as one of the leading brains in British education.

https://twitter.com/miss_snuffy/status/1632332719416901632?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Still fighting the battle against sex education I see.

2 girls in my high school first year got pregnant, they would have been around 13 or pushing 14 at most. But sure let's not talk to kids about the thing that some are definitely already doing.

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice – stability and strong schools with me, or chaos in the toilets with Ed Miliband.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

smellmycheese posted:

This woman is regarded as one of the leading brains in British education.

https://twitter.com/miss_snuffy/status/1632332719416901632?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

Is there a single high profile person in this country who is considered a Big Smarty who isn't actually a complete drooling moron (and usually a fascist as well)? I honestly can't think of a single person in this country who gets accolades for their intelligence or competence who I respect in any way whatsoever.

I know that by its very nature capitalism selects for people who aren't smart enough to realise what a tremendous clusterfuck the system is, but it seems to be particularly bad here.

EDIT actually capitalism also selects for people who are smart enough to realise what a tremendous clusterfuck the system is, but who actively benefit from the system being a clusterfuck. Maybe those are the people who are missing in this country

Barry Foster fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Mar 6, 2023

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Barry Foster posted:

Is there a single high profile person in this country who is considered a Big Smarty who isn't actually a complete drooling moron (and usually a fascist as well)? I honestly can't think of a single person in this country who gets accolades for their intelligence or competence who I respect in any way whatsoever.

I know that by its very nature capitalism selects for people who aren't smart enough to realise what a tremendous clusterfuck the system is, but it seems to be particularly bad here.

Here’s Galaxy Brain Dom Cummings wife also opining on education

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Fifty years ago, we all agreed on

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

smellmycheese posted:

My theory that there is somehow a nationwide carbon monoxide leak remains firmly plausible, I see

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
*looks one way, at Borstals, Mother and Baby Homes, mental institutions, mass child deaths, and abuse at the hands of unaccountable authority figures*

*looks the other way, at a child pretending to be a dinosaur*

Well look, we had to go back to fascism, for the children's sake.

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
Unfathomable horrors were visited upon me in school and I turned out perfectly normal.

I'm just saying that everyone who comes back from the school toilets wants to be a dinosaur, so let's ban toilets.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

The last time I had a mcd9nald burger it tasted of literal nothing. I would get a chicken burger next time because they don't taste of much anyway except mayonnaise

Did you lose your sense of taste to covid or something?

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Never went to the toilets once in school, too hosed up a situation in there.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

smellmycheese posted:

its a weird development that all these culture war idiots just don’t stick to their guns anymore, they equivocate by saying this “might not be true” but who’s to say a bit of it might be?”

even cancel culture bbc tried to rehabilitate anne widdicome ffs

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Rarity posted:

This means Keir Starmer is the WWE of politics, an aging relic stuck in the past only surviving on the glories of 20 years ago

Keir Starmer is The Jim Cornette podcast of British politics.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

keep punching joe posted:

Never went to the toilets once in school, too hosed up a situation in there.

Impressive

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Salisbury Snape posted:

While I wholeheartedly agree they need to gently caress right off, silage is just slightly mouldy grass. Now a muck spread field or a field that has been spread with fish guts and shellfish shell.......

In N.I. we had to ban the use of pigs blood mixed with turkey crap, born & bred in the countryside but that shite was off the scale when it came to a stink. :barf:

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

I managed to never go for a poo poo in the school toilets in all my years there, but I guess I wasn't drinking coffee at that age.

I did all my school making GBS threads in my pants.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

I managed to never go for a poo poo in the school toilets in all my years there, but I guess I wasn't drinking coffee at that age.

I did all my school making GBS threads in my pants.

This you?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

come on, that poo poo is clearly not in that guy's pants

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
disgraceful imo

fibre is your friend, comrades

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/LBC/status/1632672778808709120?s=19

Keir Starmer is very bad at politics and when the press decides to notice he flounders.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

It looks exactly like he took two dumps and put one of them on his head

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

forkboy84 posted:

This is the best lawyering I've seen in a long time

To be fair this happens all the loving time (people mess up and miss out a “not” because they’re redrafting the sentence under time pressure and miss it when rereading) and among lawyers we usually just construe what was meant from context. Very unfortunate miscommunication or GB news were being cunts on purpose.

Mourning Due
Oct 11, 2004

*~ missin u ~*
:canada:
Speaking of "cunts of purpose" I see that Andrew Neil has sheepishly returned to our screens on All 4. What an absolutely stupid gammon 😆😆😆😆 hope it was worth it

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

cat botherer posted:

You don't have a link to this do you?

I've heard dozens of these stories, sometimes unfolding live on a forum. Albeit from a different country.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Show me you don’t understand how QR codes work with phones lol

https://twitter.com/rishisunak/status/1632709965617012737?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

I hope the horse child and the dinosaur child go to different schools :ohdear:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

it threatens to show you something about a prime minister's announcement

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

Gonzo McFee posted:

https://twitter.com/LBC/status/1632672778808709120?s=19

Keir Starmer is very bad at politics and when the press decides to notice he flounders.

Lol he's absolute dogshit isn't he. Clearly showing you have nothing to hide by repeatedly stammering that you've done nothing improper and refusing to answer the question.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

The Perfect Element posted:

Lol he's absolute dogshit isn't he. Clearly showing you have nothing to hide by repeatedly stammering that you've done nothing improper and refusing to answer the question.

But further to my previous point about the tories having discovered that nothing matters and you can do or say anything, the very fact that Keith got through the interview and didn't answer the question could be viewed as a success. It shouldn't, but I bet he sees it that way and I bet it won't influence anyone either way.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

smellmycheese posted:

Show me you don’t understand how QR codes work with phones lol
You can screenshot it and then identify content in your photo app on all newer phones, but that's a time consuming fiddle given that it's already on twitter.

And QR codes are older than twitter's built in link shortener

And barcodes are older than hyperlinks

Wait, maybe it's deliberate. Innovation means time consuming fiddles pretending to be something new.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

But further to my previous point about the tories having discovered that nothing matters and you can do or say anything, the very fact that Keith got through the interview and didn't answer the question could be viewed as a success. It shouldn't, but I bet he sees it that way and I bet it won't influence anyone either way.

Essentially, it's a test of the media's largesse. He made it clear that it's an awkward question that he doesn't want to talk about it, and so whether they choose to dig into it like hungry spaniels with an entire roast chicken is entirely down to how invested they are in monstering him are this particular moment in time.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Darth Walrus posted:

Essentially, it's a test of the media's largesse. He made it clear that it's an awkward question that he doesn't want to talk about it, and so whether they choose to dig into it like hungry spaniels with an entire roast chicken is entirely down to how invested they are in monstering him are this particular moment in time.

The really spicy one for Labour is when the press decide it’s time to start noticing Mandelson was a big friend of Epstein.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

Darth Walrus posted:

Will be very surprised if much comes of it at all. Keith is the media's anointed one, and if Gray is a superspook then it points to complete establishment complicity.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Guavanaut posted:

You can screenshot it and then identify content in your photo app on all newer phones, but that's a time consuming fiddle given that it's already on twitter.

And QR codes are older than twitter's built in link shortener

And barcodes are older than hyperlinks

Wait, maybe it's deliberate. Innovation means time consuming fiddles pretending to be something new.
It's far simpler than that; he uses twitter on the big computer because he's a massive nerd, so not once did it cross his mind that people wouldn't just scan the screen.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Mar 6, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

lol if you're not getting one of your unpaid interns to print out the day's top tweets