Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
yeah Korsica is one of the hypest fights in a game in a long time despite being ridiculously simple. the music is perfect for it, and the background building in intensity visually is the best. it's just an incredibly well-designed encounter. it's also followed by the best cutscene

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Captain Invictus posted:

It's also followed by the best cutscene
The comedic timing (ha) of each head-bonk is almost perfect, like the bit with Sideshow Bob stepping on the rakes.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm waiting for it to also be on any system I own or for my luck to turn around and I can somehow afford to build a PC so I haven't been looking at much of the game myself beyond a bit of the intro but what makes the scrap metal turn into an actual guitar sometimes?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

RareAcumen posted:

I'm waiting for it to also be on any system I own or for my luck to turn around and I can somehow afford to build a PC so I haven't been looking at much of the game myself beyond a bit of the intro but what makes the scrap metal turn into an actual guitar sometimes?

Getting to either A or S rank in the fight.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Getting to either A or S rank in the fight.

Oh so that's what does it! It never got commented on so I knew it couldn't have been anything important though.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Finally caught up on the podcast and they read one of my emails. They misunderstood the question, granted I could've worded it better.

It was the one that mentioned Hitman Freelancer and I should've thought of more examples since I meant specifically end game stuff and not game series overall. So like if someone decided to stream Bloody Palace without touching a dmc game prior or something. It's probably a big edge case, most of the time you have to unlock stuff like that.

While I'm here, a few days ago my dad told me the story of when a nun used her "one non-item based bodily action" on him in sixth grade.

He went to Catholic school, his teacher had him and his group go in the hall to work on a project of some kind, a bit later this nun in another class comes out and accuses them of cutting class and making a ruckus. She's chewing them out in the doorway to her class, and a boy in there that knew my dad started making faces and mocking the nun behind her back. My dad smiled and she full force punched him in the jaw without any warning. This particular nun was a substitute, but was also the principal, and according to my grandparents "nuns don't lie" so my dad had zero recourse.

So him and his friends threw a bunch of firecrackers on the school's roof on a day off. They still got caught and punished though. So even if a teacher "gets one" it doesn't really help. Hell she used hers on an innocent kid, pushing him to commit vandalism or whatever maybe.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Has Woolie beaten Hifi Rush on stream yet? Because if not, I hope people are getting in there and telling him to absolutely be sure he lets the credits roll when it's done.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The reveal on the podcast that woolie actually had no idea what the lady was singing about and fabricated the entire sad story was why I listen to this podcast

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
Reggie just encountered his first Banshee

Captain Invictus posted:

The reveal on the podcast that woolie actually had no idea what the lady was singing about and fabricated the entire sad story was why I listen to this podcast

What lady?

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Captain Invictus posted:

This was the best possible punchline in the world and everyone lost their minds

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
an ancient old lady singing in a restaurant in Portugal. He admitted after his lengthy story about what she was singing about that he had no actual idea what she was REALLY singing about and conjured up the whole sad story. rear end entirely blown out, pat lost his goddamn mind, it is glorious go listen to the first like 20 minutes of the podcast

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Captain Invictus posted:

an ancient old lady singing in a restaurant in Portugal. He admitted after his lengthy story about what she was singing about that he had no actual idea what she was REALLY singing about and conjured up the whole sad story. rear end entirely blown out, pat lost his goddamn mind, it is glorious go listen to the first like 20 minutes of the podcast

He actually did preface the entire story with the statement that he didn't know what they were saying.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

He absolutely did which made him weaving this story about this lady’s dead husband or whatever all the more unhinged.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah that feels somehow worse lol

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Look he was just trying to paint a picture of what it was like okay???

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

theCalamity posted:

Reggie just encountered his first Banshee

Hope he tried to melee her.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
In a couple years Woolie's going to have the quietest of mental breaks and I'm not sure anyone's going to be capable of noticing

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Paige May Cry 3 is everything I hoped for and so much more

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Did she finish DMC2 or opt to skip the rest of it?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I'm hoping she started the game, watched the opening cutscene, fought the first 3 enemies into an effortless one-button air juggle, then it cross-disolved into the dmc3 title screen

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Sorry to ruin the fun but yes, she finished DMC2 last week and started the first couple missions of 3 as well.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
Last podcast had some good bits. Woolie reading Portuguese peoples' minds and the both of them breaking genres down were standouts.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

A good poster posted:

I really, really hate how the podcast highlight videos on Woolie's Youtube channel now jump-cut over the swears.

Slapping poyos over the cursing works much better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzCtNi1awFo

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

A good poster posted:

Slapping poyos over the cursing works much better.

Honestly, seeing what people censor swears with now that not only is swearing really bad on youtube, but classic ways of bleeping them like.. A bleep, or just silence, is also picked up by the algorithm and is considered basically just as bad is just hilarious. Was talking with someone earlier about replacing swears with the "pa paya" from the ffxiv song since you can use it to spell out syllables, and also get that loving song stuck in peoples head.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Pennsylvanian posted:

Last podcast had some good bits. Woolie reading Portuguese peoples' minds and the both of them breaking genres down were standouts.

Speaking as a portuguese speaker, he likely got an explanation of what fado is from someone and just got into the vibe. It was a really endearing moment.

I'm a bit partial because I've been to both Lisbon and Porto and both were grand.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Oh yeah the whole bit was fantastic, it was just capped off in a really funny way

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Reggie: Paige submits cringe to our list? Well we'll see about that.

Woolie: :staredog: Are you crazy?

https://clips.twitch.tv/BluePlausibleFriseeMoreCowbell-lxgmpJ1Wio0MHWI7?tt_medium=redt

Edit: oh good she saw it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PeachSaliva/status/1631897733136252928

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Mar 5, 2023

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Immediately after that clip Woolie went past hyena-laughing to full-on wheezing.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
:siren: NEW PAT LORE :siren:

When Pat remembers someone talking, it's always in his own voice.

That is all.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I mean I don’t even have a voice so he’s doing better than me.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I maintain that Sonic video is a work. It's too on point, the delivery is way too punchline-esque.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Rody One Half posted:

I maintain that Sonic video is a work. It's too on point, the delivery is way too punchline-esque.

It's deffo a work, but it's a work that comes from years of shooting.

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

The Sonic community has been like the one real cringe parade I've been able to bring myself to watch and that video has to be 100% real.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
In which we find out that if Pat tries to remember someone talking with sound it sounds like Pat's voice and Paige asks the important question

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Bless her for asking.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

Pennsylvanian posted:

Part of me wishes they had gone deeper in on Scott Adams, like mentioning his Dilbert shaped mansion and pool. Or why he has two microwaves.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Coquito Ergo Sum posted:

The Sonic community has been like the one real cringe parade I've been able to bring myself to watch and that video has to be 100% real.

It's the specific kind of cringe we've all been sometime around 11-14, puberty on full display for all to see. I love it dearly and unironically.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
one of the comic’s artists has spent the last six to eight months on a renaissance-style painting of shadow the hedgehog

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ls1389/status/1628864045641003014

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

we should be able to love what we do even one tenth as much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Okay no seriously, they keep passing that Sonic video back and forth, and Woolie's even going "it's not a bit!" NO IT CLEARLY IS! Its crown is a false one! The emperor has no clothes!!!