Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I played a few sessions with a friend where we were controlling the same thing and I don't remember running into many network issues. Like, we played enough to get to the New World and a bit past that. It's a bummer to hear that the netcode isn't great even beyond the recent problems? I've been hoping to start another MP session sometime soon, but it might end up being rough given I'm in Canada and buddy 1 is in the US, and buddy 2 is in Australia.

Also I agree stinks it's not more flexible to let people play on their own a bit or have like a "dedicated server mode" - but that would probably get kind of janky for anything that isn't co-op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Oxyclean posted:

I played a few sessions with a friend where we were controlling the same thing and I don't remember running into many network issues. Like, we played enough to get to the New World and a bit past that. It's a bummer to hear that the netcode isn't great even beyond the recent problems? I've been hoping to start another MP session sometime soon, but it might end up being rough given I'm in Canada and buddy 1 is in the US, and buddy 2 is in Australia.

Also I agree stinks it's not more flexible to let people play on their own a bit or have like a "dedicated server mode" - but that would probably get kind of janky for anything that isn't co-op.
I hope it has gotten better. I mostly tried to play this way in ~2020. We had a save-wrecking desync happen when killing certain pirate ships. Certain expeditions would also cause issues.

I've also had a ton of problems with their remastered or w/e earlier games. 1404 and 1503 remasters in particular desyncd like crazy to the point where 1503 was unplayable. 1404 was more playable, but we ran into something that caused us to have to go back to an almost 2 hour old save and gave up as a result.

Single Tight Female
Jan 17, 2008

Not sure if they consider the delivery distance thing a bug but it feels like with NWR it should be. IIRC this is a film reel being delivered to a cinema which isn't a massive problem on Manola, but on a regular NW island jalea kitchens will pull goods from miles away, so they only work if I have my calamari fisheries, corn+herb farms and electrified production centre all near each other

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Another dev blog about Anno 1800 on next-gen consoles:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOiAGn--90Y

Not much new info, just a few new clips of how things work. Confirmed that first-person mode is included (input the Konami code).

And there's a free trial March 16th - 23rd which is pretty cool

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Brand new Anno 1800 player here. If I set the trading post to buying certain goods that my island needs, will AI come to my harbor to sell that stuff? Do I need to have my own fleet of ships also buy those goods? I cannot for the life of me figure out trade routes and how to get them to actually work though.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

I said come in! posted:

Brand new Anno 1800 player here. If I set the trading post to buying certain goods that my island needs, will AI come to my harbor to sell that stuff? Do I need to have my own fleet of ships also buy those goods? I cannot for the life of me figure out trade routes and how to get them to actually work though.

Yes, the AI will come and sell you stuff that you want, but it's more of a periodic thing rather than an active "oh x is buying, I'll send a ship there". Buying usually works best if you send a ship out to buy what you want; one good example is buying steel beams from Archibald in the early game, mainly because the production chains are quite expensive.

With trade routes, the name is actually kind of a misnomer. You're not building a trading empire in the sense of buying cheap goods over here and then selling over there at a profit. It's mostly about moving goods around your empire. Islands only have a small set of fertilities, so you can't grow everything in the one place - typically when you get to the second tier of population you'll be missing one of the fertilities for either beer or canned food. So you have to set up a small colony on another island to source those commodities and either manufacture them there and ship to your main island, or ship the raw materials to the main island and manufacture it there. Eventually you'll want most manufacturing off your main island to make room for more people paying more tax (I think, it's been a while since I've played in-depth).

The only exception to the above is to sell off all your excess soap to the prison guy (Eli), and once you get to the New World sell rum to the pirate lady.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

I said come in! posted:

If you've set goods to auto-buy then yes, non-expanding and friendly expanding AIs will send ships out to stop at ports and buy/sell. They'll buy most anything, but they'll only sell certain goods. Around Artisans they start not fulfilling everything. For example in the Old World and Cape Trelawny zones you can get planks, bricks and steel girders via passive trade to make sure your islands are filled up but you can't get windows, reinforced concrete, steam engines or elevators.*

Your "trade" routes in the menu are more of a cargo route than actual trade (though it can stop at an NPC's harbor to buy/sell, usually sell). An early game example is: Your starter island lacks hops for beer, the second island you snagged has hops but no potato fertility. So you start making extra schnapps on your starter island to take to your secondary island. Meanwhile your second island starts producing hops (and maybe wheat if you also want to start specializing islands/move agriculture off your starter for space for more high-tier, high-cash houses) and ships it back to your starter. Either on the same route or a separate one.

Standard trade routes use your own ships. Be they sail, steam or airships. How much they move and how fast depends on the ship type and bonuses. Each cargo hold is 50 tons. Charter routes are chartering someone else's ship. Great because the ship is neutral and therefore you don't have to worry about them being shot during wars. However they have ultimately a rather low throughput compared to your own later cargo ships.

You should also be watching your consumption versus your production (CTRL+Q to bring up the menu, you can also shift/ctrl click in the menu to combine multiple islands to make sure Island A is producing enough booze for itself as well as Islands B, C and E. You should try not to heavily over produce with two exceptions:
-Alcomahol: the cause of, and solution to, 99% of happiness and cash flow problems. Don't skimp your luxury goods production, especially not alcohol as beer and rum produce lots of happiness and money.
-Trading certain goods to certain passive AIs. Specifically: Soap to Eli at the prison, weapons and fried plantains to Isabella, gold bars to Old Nate in Cape Trelawny (this is a long ways off, gold's hard to come by until you really start breaking/exploiting the game). There's a few more but soap and fried plantains are my go-to ones for how early you get them and how much return you get from them.

*A side note that's probably advanced for "I Said Come In!" but not for the rest of the thread: In CT you can set the scrap to auto-buy and Old Nate will come buy and passively sell some. Not very often and only in single digits but he'll do it. Set all your islands to auto buy and set a ship to collect it on Crown Falls.

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

webmeister posted:

The only exception to the above is to sell off all your excess soap to the prison guy (Eli), and once you get to the New World sell rum to the pirate lady.

That's not entirely correct, you can sometimes make profit on trading between NPCs.
A big one is buying gold bars from pirates for 2770 and selling them to Nate in cape Trelawny for 4432.
I think there's also profit in buying some advanced goods from Archibald and selling them in Enbessa.
The quantities are fairly limited, so you probably won't use more than 1-2 ships for these trades, but they're worthwhile, especially when set up with items lowering the prices.

Also if NPC towns are buying something specifically, then the prices they offer are better than just setting your island to export.

Pyromancer fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Mar 6, 2023

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

I said come in! posted:

Passive trading has been nerfed pretty badly in 1800 so yeah get the trade routes going. I recommend this video https://youtu.be/EvnlCoDdVbk

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The first person mode is a dream come true for me, I remember playing all of these city building games in the 90s and really wanting this but thinking it would never be possible. It basically almost isn't possible on Anno1800 though lol. But yeah, this game is extremely good the more I wrap my head around it. My initial reaction was to just see if I could find a cheat mod that does away with requirements and lets me build up houses to skyscraper level, and that would still be nice too, but its really rewarding to work towards the resources needed to build up your town. I am finding that balancing all of the different classes of workers is not at all that hard either. I was expecting that to be a really overwhelming mechanic, but UBISoft makes it intuitive, it feels deep without being overwhelming. This is something a lot of city building sims fail really hard at.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

I said come in! posted:

The first person mode is a dream come true for me, I remember playing all of these city building games in the 90s and really wanting this but thinking it would never be possible. It basically almost isn't possible on Anno1800 though lol. But yeah, this game is extremely good the more I wrap my head around it. My initial reaction was to just see if I could find a cheat mod that does away with requirements and lets me build up houses to skyscraper level, and that would still be nice too, but its really rewarding to work towards the resources needed to build up your town. I am finding that balancing all of the different classes of workers is not at all that hard either. I was expecting that to be a really overwhelming mechanic, but UBISoft makes it intuitive, it feels deep without being overwhelming. This is something a lot of city building sims fail really hard at.

The first person mod is already in.
Annoversary update will add creative mode with no limits.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Vahakyla posted:

The first person mod is already in.
Annoversary update will add creative mode with no limits.

Yes! That is what I mean, I discovered the first person mode (ctrl+shift+R) and it's so cool! Can't wait for the annoversary update.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

I said come in! posted:

I am finding that balancing all of the different classes of workers is not at all that hard either. I was expecting that to be a really overwhelming mechanic, but UBISoft makes it intuitive, it feels deep without being overwhelming. This is something a lot of city building sims fail really hard at.

As you progress further and further you’ll find it’s ultimately a game of plate-spinning and more about managing your focus than anything else. You notice that you’re haemorrhaging money and investigate to realise that your investors don’t have enough chocolate, so you spend 20 minutes setting up a new production chain and trade routes, realise that while you were doing that your industrial island has burned down, while you’re fixing that an AI assaults your capital, there’s a revolt on the beer production island because you forgot to give them necessities, then you get a useful NPC from an expedition that you reconfigure your canned food production around, meanwhile you’ve just realised that you haven’t built trains and can’t electrify your factories and spend an hour solving that problem.

It just kinda goes on like that, which is what makes it so interesting. Unlike a traditional city builder say Cities Skylines, which ultimately becomes a traffic management game.

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

I said come in! posted:

Yes! That is what I mean, I discovered the first person mode (ctrl+shift+R) and it's so cool! Can't wait for the annoversary update.

The first-person mode for Anno 1800 is just Dishonored and I refuse to believe otherwise.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

I mean, it is legitimately cool that computer games have advanced to the point that not only can you build a city, you can then walk through it with modern building textures and year 2000 polygonal block people.

physeter
Jan 24, 2006

high five, more dead than alive
I'm late to trade chat!

Passive trade is probably the most poorly documented feature of 1800, but a long time spent testing and watching obscure youtube videos has given me some understanding. It can be powerful. For new people, passive trade is where you use your harbor on an island to set certain goods to sell, and others to buy. NPCs come to your harbor periodically and trade with it, sometimes buying what you have, and trying to fill the open orders that you've set to buy.

First thing to understand is there are two different types of passive traders. There are five neutral NPC traders that will visit your harbors: Kahina (OW), Archie (OW), Isabel Sarmento (NW), Old Nate (Crown Falls), and Emperor Katema (Enbesa). The pirates, Eli, & Qumaq in the Arctic are also neutral traders, but they do not send trading ships to your harbors, so no passive trade is possible with them. Then you have the NPC competitors like Bente and Karl. They will ALSO passive trade with you if you have trade rights with them. So on a busy map like the Old World you can have up to five passive traders hitting your harbor over a certain period of time (I think it’s like 45 minutes to an hour between visits, per trader).

However, the overwhelming majority of goods you manufacture passively sell for LESS than they cost to produce. So, you lose at least some money on each transaction. Why bother?

Because there are certain items and sets in the game which when equipped in a harbormaster or built on the island, give a percentage chance for each passive trade that you get something for free. For example, a scammer item equipped in your harbormaster gives you a 15% chance for each transaction that you get 500 coins. Pretty lame. But put Taxman Tim in your harbormaster and you get a 25% chance for each transaction that you will receive 5 FREE tons of either weapons or heavy weapons. Not lame at all because remember, it only has to be a transaction. One log or one brick sold is all it takes to trigger that 25% roll. The Lost Cities museum set has a 100% chance for 5 tons of either gold ore, gold or jewellery, for each transaction. These effects can simultaneously apply as far as I can tell, but I’ve never tried to figure out if they are cumulative if that makes any sense.

So, a busy passive trade harbor that has a lot of these effects applying to it, will lose a bit of money but get an absolute poo poo ton of free poo poo in return, and that just the passive selling. The transaction lottery also applies when passively buying.

Passive Buying:

The neutral traders don’t just trade with you. They trade with your competitors as well. Understanding this is the key to really benefitting from the passive trade system. As far as I can tell, each neutral trader has a finite but considerable budget for buying everything from everyone. The neutral traders don't seem to care what they are buying (Old Nate might be special in this regard, however). For example, if Bente is selling glass in the Old World, either Kahina or Archie will buy Bente’s glass, just like they would show up and buy yours. What happens to that glass is that it goes into a near infinite inventory attached to Kahina’s or Archie’s trade ship. And if/when Archie or Kahina show up at YOUR harbor, if you have glass marked to BUY, they will sell Bente’s glass to you. If you happened to have trade rights with Bente, she might also just come over and passively sell that glass to you anyway.

Put simply, once you’ve reached the level of big investor money, you can start buying large amounts of goods at your harbor at a premium. You may not even need to make any yourself. Some like bricks and steel from Archie, or pearls and rum from Kahina, will always get sold to you assuming they have it in stock. Some, like goods made by NPC competitors, will also be sold to you either by their trading ships OR by a neutral trader intermediary. And all these transactions can trigger the free stuff lottery as discussed above.

This is why Emperor Katema will sometimes sell you glass. He bought it from another NPC on the map, then had it in his trade inventory when he visited your island where you had glass marked to buy. It is far cheaper to buy glass from Katema in Enbesa than it is to make the glass in the Old World and ship it to Enbesa to make lanterns. But Katema can only sell you that glass if he has someone else on the map to buy it from.

Once money has become largely valueless, you can use this trading system to essentially turn your competitors into subsidiaries, where you are trading useless money for valuable goods, in many cases goods that you cannot manufacture on the map in question. Only people that play with NPCs on can really take full advantage of this system. Myself, I tend to conquer everything, but lately I do try to leave my less aggressive competition with a single island on certain maps so that I can buy their goods in the future, either directly or indirectly. It works out pretty well.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Is there a mod to let canals connect to the ocean

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador
In Enbesa? You're gonna have a tough time growing crops with that salt water.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Sadly both cosmetic canals and Enbesan canals don't really connect to the ocean so you're gonna have some weirdness.

Anyways, I've found out something amazing. The bear fur specialist who adds polar bear fertility in return for beef? He works on the glaciers! So you can fill your otherwise barren natural gas islands with those to help satisfy your need bear furs. They won't be producing very much, but you're now producing something on what was barren ice before!

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Alkydere posted:

Sadly both cosmetic canals and Enbesan canals don't really connect to the ocean so you're gonna have some weirdness.

Sad days. I just wanted it for aesthetics

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Alkydere posted:

Anyways, I've found out something amazing. The bear fur specialist who adds polar bear fertility in return for beef? He works on the glaciers! So you can fill your otherwise barren natural gas islands with those to help satisfy your need bear furs. They won't be producing very much, but you're now producing something on what was barren ice before!

Holy gently caress, I bet you could stack one or two of the arctic-salvage craftables into glacier Lodges in order to get more bear asses, too. I'm going to have to try this out when I pick my 1800 game back up, enough dead bears to feed Investor lifestyles is always a limiting factor for me.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

LonsomeSon posted:

Holy gently caress, I bet you could stack one or two of the arctic-salvage craftables into glacier Lodges in order to get more bear asses, too. I'm going to have to try this out when I pick my 1800 game back up, enough dead bears to feed Investor lifestyles is always a limiting factor for me.

I picked it up watching Fox Gaming's streams where he's going for world record investors.

There's literally not enough Arctic space for World Record Investors to have full Bear Fur Lifestyle Need coverage. I would have asked him about Artisan/Paper needs but...dude's only got Engineer/Investor houses in the Old World and Cape Trelawny, the rest of the workforce is provided via island influence and palace bonuses.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Been really enjoying Console Edition over the past couple of days, they did a really good job with the port. Some controls feel a bit fumbly or fiddly. One mistake I keep making is when you hit right trigger to open the construction menu, choose your production chain, and then use the dpad to navigate between parts of the chain you want to build - there's no confirmation or anything, once you've switch from eg Lumberjack to Sawmill, hitting A will drop it right where you are. Also feeling a bit less accurate placing stuff which is a bit weird, but on the whole it works really well. Though I will say as well, it feels a bit harder to keep on top of everything when compared to playing on PC (though admittedly I haven't played there for years now).

Only a handful of bugs so far, though when you switch screens or whatever, it loads a really low-rez version instantly, then maybe 100ms later it loads in the full-rez version, which is kind of weird.

Would definitely recommend to anyone keen to play Anno on their couch! And although they "have no plans" to port across the DLC, I hope it sells well enough that they bring it over too.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

With the DLC on consoles there's a very real issue of memory/graphics capability in that with PC games you can generally have/expect the consumer to have a beefier rig (or be able to update).

Though that difference is getting less and less each generation and I hear the modern XBox and PlayStations are pretty beefy. I could definitely see them having to reduce the polygon count and/or texture detail (and probably should if only to keep loading times from getting insane).

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

webmeister posted:

Only a handful of bugs so far, though when you switch screens or whatever, it loads a really low-rez version instantly, then maybe 100ms later it loads in the full-rez version, which is kind of weird.

I’m pretty sure that happened in my PC. I think it’s probably the game engine dealing with lower-end hardware. I had a 1080 non-Ti which was underclocked due to stability issues.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Alkydere posted:

With the DLC on consoles there's a very real issue of memory/graphics capability in that with PC games you can generally have/expect the consumer to have a beefier rig (or be able to update).

Though that difference is getting less and less each generation and I hear the modern XBox and PlayStations are pretty beefy. I could definitely see them having to reduce the polygon count and/or texture detail (and probably should if only to keep loading times from getting insane).

I’m on a Series S which has less grunt than a PS5 or Series X, but it’s still doing pretty well. There’s noticeable LOD pop-in as you zoom around the map (particularly the grass and ground textures), but on the whole it’s fine unless you’re a Digital Foundry kind of nerd.

Funniest moment so far: with the quick resume feature on Xbox, it doesn’t shut down the game fully. So I came back the next, started exactly where I left off, and immediately got the “You’ve been playing for 24 hours, maybe consider a break” message :laugh:

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
I'm on my first Anno pt ever and this is very addicting. I've just hit 40k pop spread across OW/NW/CT and reaching a point where my various trade/charter routes not being optimized is causing some headache. Is there an easier way I'm missing to see how long a ship takes to go from Island A -> Island B or am I going to have to set an IRL timer and watch it/order it to an island and wait for the arrival notification?

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.

Vorenus posted:

I'm on my first Anno pt ever and this is very addicting. I've just hit 40k pop spread across OW/NW/CT and reaching a point where my various trade/charter routes not being optimized is causing some headache. Is there an easier way I'm missing to see how long a ship takes to go from Island A -> Island B or am I going to have to set an IRL timer and watch it/order it to an island and wait for the arrival notification?

A —> B and back routes are fine, just make sure not to have more goods than your ship has slots or else something backing up will block up the whole ship.

Eventually you will need a dedicated route/ship for each good because of the quantities involved, but this is especially true for anything going between the Old World and New World due to the extreme travel times. You may need multiple boats for one route as well, especially if you’re still using the smaller boats.

You also may need more storage at either end, if you can’t hold enough to satisfy demand between each resupply you can be producing more than enough and still having shortages.

Don’t worry about the exact time a route takes, it varies with the wind and ship type a fair bit so finding the average time would be pretty difficult. The amount of goods on a ship also effect its speed. Throw more ships at a route if you think that’s the problem- you’ll probably need more later on as production increases anyway.

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador
You can use the production statistics screen to get exact counts of what you need, but I prefer to just overproduce and dump the excess, makes trade routes much less of a pain in the rear end. Nothing worse than a ship filling up with cargo it can't offload and the route grinding to a halt, at least when it's carrying more than one good. If the ship is mono good then just tell it to pick up and drop off as much as it can hold.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

Manyorcas posted:

A —> B and back routes are fine, just make sure not to have more goods than your ship has slots or else something backing up will block up the whole ship.

Eventually you will need a dedicated route/ship for each good because of the quantities involved, but this is especially true for anything going between the Old World and New World due to the extreme travel times. You may need multiple boats for one route as well, especially if you’re still using the smaller boats.

You also may need more storage at either end, if you can’t hold enough to satisfy demand between each resupply you can be producing more than enough and still having shortages.

Don’t worry about the exact time a route takes, it varies with the wind and ship type a fair bit so finding the average time would be pretty difficult. The amount of goods on a ship also effect its speed. Throw more ships at a route if you think that’s the problem- you’ll probably need more later on as production increases anyway.

Amount of docks could also be a bottleneck, but I don't think he's at that level of production yet.

Lamquin
Aug 11, 2007
Whew. I just reached Engineers in my game, and hopping back into Anno with the 4 Season passes is feeling downright stressful.
I need to balance the New World, get to building Airships there, work on getting power in the old world industries that I didn't plan Rail to reach while also getting the Passage and Land of Lions expeditions going and also start building in the Cape from the ground, why is there a workforce shortage and the AI expanded to another island again without asking and not now SEDUCTIVE CHARTS BURY ME DESK.
Fun though, in its own way, but it's a lot.

Can't wait for the next update with upgradable roads!

Single Tight Female
Jan 17, 2008
If you set up a trade route from island A to island B and leave it running, you can then go to the Storage screen and find the route under the Trade Routes tab and work out the average time from there, like so:

But all the previous posts are correct that you don't need this info, you just need more/better ships/docks, and to dump excess cargo on mixed cargo routes.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I didn't realize a (small) update was upcoming - and oh drat, they're adding blueprints/savable layouts? That's great.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
Thanks for the responses everyone! I'll look at dumping excess - I'm already doing that with certain goods/routes but didn't want to be wasteful.

I also may or may not have 5 battlecruisers eating influence because again this is my first run and early on I accepted an alliance offer and let myself be pulled into a war. I'm at peace with everyone now but I did just yoink Beryl's biggest NW island (the only NW island that isn't 50+% unbuildable terrain) via share buys so we'll see how that goes.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Single Tight Female posted:

If you set up a trade route from island A to island B and leave it running, you can then go to the Storage screen and find the route under the Trade Routes tab and work out the average time from there, like so:

But all the previous posts are correct that you don't need this info, you just need more/better ships/docks, and to dump excess cargo on mixed cargo routes.

This is the info that Big Rubber doesn’t want you to know! Bicycle makers HATE it!

In all seriousness, I like to use the “storage over time” tab on the right to see how close I am to running dry between deliveries. I know it’s not super scientific, but it’s a quick and handy visual indicator for me at least.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Blueprints go live tomorrow. Does anyone know where one might find them online?

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

I misunderstood. The 'stamps' aren't scripts. The stamps could still be shared but they'd be shared in an entire save game, making it not so practical to post. Also so far I've only seen a need for them for residences, but I'm not the most creative person out there, so maybe other uses will be shown down the line.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Oh strange, I thought that the blog that mentioned sharing them made it sound like it'd be a bit simpler. Ah well.

I imagine they could be useful for bulk farm blocks / trade union setups? Or saving yourself the time from remembering how you like pens/fields laid out in a way they tile nicely.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Creative mode is interesting. Be sure to use the World Map to get to the various places in the game, as you start out in Old World. Maybe one day I'll actually get to skyscrapers using it :).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

From reddit:

quote:

Since the info seems to be spreading pretty slowly, Anno 1800 enables mods on its own now. But if you had the modloader .dll files you will need to delete them, and then verify the game files through whatever client you're using to replace them with the defaults.

If this is done right, when you launch Anno 1800 on the main menu a box should pop up confirming if you want to enable mods or not.

I will note in my case I had to verify the files, and then also restart ubisoft connect before the game would give me this prompt. Not sure why, but it did the trick. So if you're having troubles after verifying, try restarting UC/Steam.

Guess it's time to look for mods I might like.