Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

There's probably like 400-500 Strand meditations that come from weekly sources - you kind of don't really need to grind out the whole set of fragments for all your characters, just pick the ones you need for a build and get the others after you passive end up with meditations.

That said, making you buy class-specific aspects at least makes sense, but making you rebuy the identical fragments and grenades is kind of lame. The unlock and grind feels way better then I remember it being for Stasis.

Whatever, and whenever they do the next subclass, I hope they decouple it from the campaign, or just give you a baseline version at the start, and you can earn unlocks for it as you go. (Or just grind them somewhere else.

As for the difficulty tweaks, I don't think I've minded them -too- mcuh but at this moment my primary gripes are:

1) I really do not think survivability needed to get hit as hard as it did, since they basically tripled nerfed that (nerfed resil+increased costs of resil mods, increased enemy damage, and made multiple activities feature a higher power delta) and getting basically gibbed in a flash in a LLS close to 1800 power sucks rear end, or just getting ripped apart in defiant battlegrounds if you have less then stellar pubs.

2) The survivability changes kind of suck in the face of increased enemy counts.

3) Holy poo poo do some weapons just feel like total rear end in some of this higher difficulty content. I think they did say some buffs are planned down the road, but it feels kind of funny to me that the neomuna weapon set features several weapons that just do not feel good to use on neomuna.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I like it. When I switched my secondary to a sniper rifle the last boss was super easy. The visuals are cool, I like the technoverse at the end, and it's pretty short otherwise.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

It'd be easier to judge the new difficulty if various mods didn't keep switching themselves off.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Are there any ui mods that show buffs in a better way? It's kinda hard to see what's up when there's only 5 things that can be shown at once.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Bobby Deluxe posted:

It'd be easier to judge the new difficulty if various mods didn't keep switching themselves off.

that's just part of the challenge

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Probably could've stood to just introduce a difficulty between normal and legendary.

Did the battleground a few more times. I suspect the 2nd area taken section is gonna get toned down a little bit, because the other fights are fine, but the resilience changes seems to really make you die super fast to them. Also I do suspect it's not properly bumping you up to 1760 if you aren't at that light level.

Finished the campaign as well, died a few times to getting booped off the level, then on my 4th attempt, I punched him twice in the 2nd phase then fired a parasite grenade into him and he died instantly. I was very confused

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

Yeah I was talking about exotics. I guess I just smash higher leveled same items into it and that raises the stats.

I would like to use my lion rampant. I remember being able to zoom around with those.

Exotic weapons would just need to have their power level infused up. For exotic armor, the extremely old type that had baked in effects like submachine gun reloader (instead of empty mod slots) could be replaced, since those effects no longer work, even though the armor itself still does.

You can buy new copies of already acquired exotics from the collections tab of your menu, although the armor will have low stats.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

https://twitter.com/DestinyNostalgi/status/1632429667981434881?t=eXDHZg6A3tuMwwPd9Kes_A&s=19

Kind of nuts to look at that list and compare it to lightfall. Doesn't even mention the entirely new raid and patrol area with multiple different types of secrets and collectables. What do we get with lightfall?

- 1 class
- new mod system
- 3 new exotic weapons
- 6 new exotic armor pieces
- 7 story missions?
- 1 new strike lol
- 1 recycled PVP map (I think)

And it cost a fuckton more.

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
I'm all for dunking on bungie but taken king and lightfall have the same number of new classes you dingus

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

In some defense:
The one class is more effort then the subclasses.
Dunno what "new leveling system" was. But we got the guardian rank system lol.
Class specific weapons and weapon foundries also don't really sound like much, but ironically they did bring back the class swords, and we got like 3 new origin traits?
No new weapon class, but we did get a new archtype (heavy wave frame) plus strand guns & perks and several other gun perks. (Kinetic Tremors, Keep Away...)
Modern exotics are probably more involved then D1 exotics, and there might be one or two left to be reveled. (Raid exotic at the least, and I'm coping for some post raid stuff)
I'd also be curious to see how story missions match up - they mention post campaign missions, so LF includes more then 7 if you include the exotic quests. (One is a proper mission, one has some voice acting, and one is...kind of low effort but it gave a cool sidearm)
Also 2 strikes got reprised (for better or worse)

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

dodgeblan posted:

I'm all for dunking on bungie but taken king and lightfall have the same number of new classes you dingus
I'm just trying to imagine Bungie releasing 3 new pvp maps in the remaining lifespan of the game, let alone in one expansion.

Also it cost a shitload less and included all the previous expansions up to that point if you'd never played before.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Also it cost a shitload less and included all the previous expansions up to that point if you'd never played before.

fwiw there was a $40 taken king only, and then a $60 d1 + dark below + house of wolves + taken king

anyways they were owned by activision who were desperately trying to course correct and get their massive investment turned into a successful game after a horrendous development cycle and a botched launch. it was a completely different environment from sony telling bungie "okay we suck at doing GaaS and this game is moderately successful and has had a bit of a critical revival so you can keep doing your little destiny thing while working on the new IP(s) we bought you for since it makes us look good and doesn't cost very much"

also people forget that the dreadnaught was originally planned as destiny 1 base content lol https://kotaku.com/the-messy-true-story-behind-the-making-of-destiny-1737556731

quote:

In today’s Destiny, Rasputin doesn’t do much but listen to classical music in a steel bunker on Earth, but in the 2013 version, he would have starred in a more prominent role. Alien Hive would have kidnapped the machine and brought him to their Dreadnaught spaceship, which was later cut from vanilla Destiny and moved to The Taken King. Originally, this Hive ship would have been part of the main story. “The entire last third of the game took place on the Dreadnaught with you rescuing Rasputin,” said one person who worked on the game.

also the original plan for taken king was for it to include the EDZ and Europa, lmao. then they rebooted it and were going to have it be dreadnaught + a new area on Mars, but then that area of Mars got cut and ended up getting developed by High Moon Studios for Warmind

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Mar 6, 2023

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Oxyclean posted:

Dunno what "new leveling system" was. But we got the guardian rank system lol.

The "new leveling system" was infusion, which was not in the game before Taken King

quote:

Class specific weapons and weapon foundries also don't really sound like much, but ironically they did bring back the class swords, and we got like 3 new origin traits?

I don't remember the exact details of the foundries (I think they were kinda halfway between origin perks and intrinsics), but he should have listed Armsday, a system that let you place orders at the gunsmith and have new guns delivered at reset

quote:

Also 2 strikes got reprised (for better or worse)

The two new strikes are effectively building a whole different script with no relation to the old one in the same environments, so I'd call them all-new. 3 strikes in Lightfall

Also Lightfall has "an entirely new raid and patrol area with multiple different types of secrets and collectables" too

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
If you are comparing Taken King to Lightfall I think it's fair to include Season of Defiance as part of Lightfall as the seasonal model wasn't part of the game for Taken King.

Edit: not to try and minimize the huge problems Lightfall has but Defiance is basically a whole additional storyline plus what will amout to three new strikes.

sunday at work fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Mar 6, 2023

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

sometimes when I look at build videos, they have gear with 5 mod slots on it

what uh...what's up with that?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
That’s Artifice armor, which drops from master dungeons. It now has an extra mod slot with a unique set of free +3 stat mods in there

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

E: never mind, apparently it is included.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

haveblue posted:

The two new strikes are effectively building a whole different script with no relation to the old one in the same environments, so I'd call them all-new. 3 strikes in Lightfall

I believe we're getting another strike after the raid as well (that's what I read earlier in the thread anyway).

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Junkenstein posted:

I believe we're getting another strike after the raid as well (that's what I read earlier in the thread anyway).

That might have just been wild speculation cause I haven't seen that mentioned or hinted at elsewhere.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Between Preservation and now the exotic MG mission, I’m glad Bungie isn’t afraid of showing off raids. It’s wild how meaty and fun the post campaign LF content has been. It almost feels like a mistake to not have all this embedded into the actual campaign.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
Banshee's 5 featured weapons seem to reroll daily, both the perks and the specific weapon. As far as I can tell it keeps the weapon type. It's been Bows/Seraph Glaive/Pulse Rifle/Sidearm/Falling Guillotine this week. It could be valuable to frequently check using the app or DIM to see if there is a favoured weapon of a current pick that got added. I haven't figured out when or exactly how often it rolls over yet.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Did they ever do anything with "Banshee is Clovis Bray"?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Right now in game you can see there's an exotic energy slot Glaive called 'Vexcalibur' that you can see from its exotic ornament in collections

There's also a Secret exotic kinetic slot weapon we know nothing about. Raid? The missing Lightfall marketing hand cannon? Who knows!

Hot rumors abound of a strange hybrid exotic shotgun that is solar & stasis, but I'd expect that in a future season where the artifact mods favor solar & stasis rather than this season's solar & void

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

General Battuta posted:

I think the exotic mission and subsequent weapon lore entry for The Lament talks about it a bunch

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

General Battuta posted:

No. There was a whole season in which the Clovis AI was a major character and hosted by the Vanguard and it never came up (I didn't even remember this until your post)

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

life_source posted:

Banshee's 5 featured weapons seem to reroll daily, both the perks and the specific weapon. As far as I can tell it keeps the weapon type. It's been Bows/Seraph Glaive/Pulse Rifle/Sidearm/Falling Guillotine this week. It could be valuable to frequently check using the app or DIM to see if there is a favoured weapon of a current pick that got added. I haven't figured out when or exactly how often it rolls over yet.

The weapons themselves change every day at daily reset, and their perks (for the same guns) re-roll every day at 4 PM Pacific!

General Battuta posted:

Lib and let die posted:

I think the exotic mission and subsequent weapon lore entry for The Lament talks about it a bunch

The Lament exotic quest is where this is revealed, and also the only time that it comes up or matters in any way, so I'd say no they did not do anything 'with' it.

I would say 'for now' but the story is headed toward its conclusion at a breakneck pace and there's no time for another Season of the Bray, so Clovis is probably stuck in the server farms on Europa until the end of time and Banshee is just a forgetful robot

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Lib and let die posted:

that was the reveal and is the only place it has ever been mentioned

haveblue posted:

No. There was a whole season in which the Clovis AI was a major character and hosted by the Vanguard and it never came up (I didn't even remember this until your post)

Same, absolutely insane that they just didn’t do anything with this

e:f;b

PERMACAV 50 fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Mar 6, 2023

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Banshee probably doesn't want anything to do with Clovis at this point. That said I feel like he could have been a bit more involved with the exotic quest or something. I remember there being a check-in with him at one point but it didn't seem very significant?

Clovis left seething and malding on Europa feels like a purposeful loose end that can come up later.

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Banshee just plain forgot who he was. There's some lore bits that go on about how your mind gets increasingly messed up with exo-reboots...Cayde didn't want to go past 6 and Banshee is at 44! But he kept dying to save some people so that's his redemption for being a dick.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Oxyclean posted:

Clovis left seething and malding on Europa feels like a purposeful loose end that can come up later.

there were some pretty funny lines in the europa heist battleground after you finish the story of that season (or maybe just after you kick him out of the frame). dunno if the vanguard ops version has those lines or something else

they really didn't do anything with banshee as clovis and i think that's ok because i thought it was a pretty lame reveal (i can't even say it was "too clever for its own good" since its not that clever!) and its something thats ok to just sorta be forgotten imo. maybe if clovis is a post-final-shape loose end it'd be a fun thing to bring back, he invades the tower or something

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Right now in game you can see there's an exotic energy slot Glaive called 'Vexcalibur' that you can see from its exotic ornament in collections

There's also a Secret exotic kinetic slot weapon we know nothing about. Raid? The missing Lightfall marketing hand cannon? Who knows!

Hot rumors abound of a strange hybrid exotic shotgun that is solar & stasis, but I'd expect that in a future season where the artifact mods favor solar & stasis rather than this season's solar & void

The leaks seem to pretty strongly point to Vexcalibur being part of Season of Defiance and the shotgun being the Root of Nightmares exotic.

Is it just me, or did they undo the lessened-knockback changes from Witch Queen? I swear every loving thing sends me flying now.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Majere posted:

Banshee just plain forgot who he was. There's some lore bits that go on about how your mind gets increasingly messed up with exo-reboots...Cayde didn't want to go past 6 and Banshee is at 44! But he kept dying to save some people so that's his redemption for being a dick.

In the lament lore Banshee-43 explicitly requests that when he gets rebooted again, don't restore his memories. Banshee-44 never knew he was Clovis Bray

https://www.ishtar-collective.net/entries/recovered-memory-clovis-43

haveblue fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Mar 6, 2023

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Bobby Deluxe posted:

https://twitter.com/DestinyNostalgi/status/1632429667981434881?t=eXDHZg6A3tuMwwPd9Kes_A&s=19

Kind of nuts to look at that list and compare it to lightfall. Doesn't even mention the entirely new raid and patrol area with multiple different types of secrets and collectables. What do we get with lightfall?

- 1 class
- new mod system
- 3 new exotic weapons
- 6 new exotic armor pieces
- 7 story missions?
- 1 new strike lol
- 1 recycled PVP map (I think)

And it cost a fuckton more.

There is no new PvP map lol

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
Phone posting but check Ishar for the final Lament quest blurb and it mentions Banshee wanting to talk to Clovis. Just have a ghost shell or sparrow lore blurb that is Banshee going (with Guardian escot) to see the head, saying nothing to it and going "nah, better to be myself" and leaving or something small but nice and ending it.

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Yeah ok then. Banshee just happy to be tinkering with cool guns. Banshee the real mvp all these years.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Everyone forgets about Banshee but that's ok because Banshee forgets about everyone. :smith:

life_source
May 11, 2008

I will never forget Banshee but if I am just another friendly smiling face to him that is OK.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Christ Overloads in LLS are the most miserable and unbalancerd bullshit to deal with. I'm sorry but they should not have an immunity period and/or should just not have the absurd health regen in tandem to their ability spam.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

General Battuta posted:

After you do the Exotic Quest to get Lament, Banshee takes a trip to Europa to talk to the Crypt AI and decides "wow, Clovis Bray was a huge loving rear end in a top hat and I'm glad I'm not him anymore".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

"What Remains is just Garden of Salvation right? Unless this one level is what they spent all their time on and just copy pasted the rest of Neomuna together from Braytech assets.