Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

kdrudy posted:

I mean I bet we could find an email from Elon saying to fire every pregnant woman that is not pregnant with one of his children or something like that.

Nah, I don't think he'd bother going out of his way to keep a women pregnant with one of his own kids around.

That sort of excessive sentimentality is for jnon genius obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

kazil posted:

Problem is that Elon isn't following through with severance pay. Article says that courts are forcing some of the employees to use arbitration, but it sounds like Twitter isn't cooperating with arbitration.

One weird trick!

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Yeah she'd need some email or something where someone in management was complaining about her being pregnant before her getting fired to make that link
Managers are often very stupid and do things like discriminate openly because they think precisely that there aren't repercussions.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
So uh, did Elon break every link on twitter now? All you get is the following:

quote:

{"errors":[{"message":"Your current API plan does not include access to this endpoint, please see https://developer.twitter.com/en/docs/twitter-api for more information","code":467}]}

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

sniper4625 posted:

So uh, did Elon break every link on twitter now? All you get is the following:

And the image API too!

When he said you had to pay for API access, that meant everyone, including twitter itself

e:
He also broke the API documentation lmao

https://developer.twitter.com/en/docs/twitter-api

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeah things seem to be pretty hosed atm

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

quick everyone text 6 to twitter

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

kw0134 posted:

It's tricky because you have to show that the termination was due to the discrimination, and since Musk decided to layoff seemingly anyone with a pulse in the early rounds of firings it's gonna be hard to make that link. That's not to say she doesn't have recourse because I believe Twitter is under like a half dozen suits under Cali law because of that indiscriminant round of layoffs. Otherwise Title VII protection is actually stronger than you think.
Also 90% of wrongful termination suits only result in a $5,000-$80,000 settlement.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Just got this when I tried to open a YouTube link from a tweet.

CaptainN
Jul 28, 2004

TVs Ian posted:

That's the new twitter.com homepage.

Musk might have finally fixed twitter.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

TVs Ian posted:

Lol, same

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Go fast, break stuff, push broken code that could have been pointed out by a QA person and fixed in an afternoon directly onto main!

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Lol, did they gently caress it up so that calls from the browser app client don't get API access unless that individual user has the paid API stuff?

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

oh thank god twitter is finally dead.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Tried to open an embedded TikTok link and my browser just vapor locked, then suddenly declared the video played and refused to replay it.

Lol

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

all those tweets lost like tears in the rain :rip:

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Sockser posted:

And the image API too!

When he said you had to pay for API access, that meant everyone, including twitter itself

e:
He also broke the API documentation lmao

https://developer.twitter.com/en/docs/twitter-api

So why aren't any of these website breaking updates being pushed to a development server before going live to millions of people? I imagine an error like this would've been extremely easy to spot.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Tweetdeck ain't working either, got the same message.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

There Bias Two posted:

So why aren't any of these website breaking updates being pushed to a development server before going live to millions of people? I imagine an error like this would've been extremely easy to spot.

Odds are good that, in a normal development environment, this is just a flag in a config somewhere that need to be flipped, and maybe a server restart

However odds are good that, considering how Elon has been running things, there is no flag and they did in fact just push this live because DADDY NEEDS MONEY

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

There Bias Two posted:

In the companies I have worked at, yes. But they were not run by SUPER GENIUS Elon Musk.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

There Bias Two posted:

Because he fired everyone, OP

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

There Bias Two posted:

Those are probably some of the services musk insisted on turning off months ago. Prod only, baby!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

There Bias Two posted:

Musk probably shut all those servers down

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Elmo spending too much time worrying about Woke AI and not his new toy.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Pretty disappointing to find out this is a site wide thing I thought he had finally made tweetdeck paid only and I was free. :(

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

E the Shaggy posted:

Elmo spending too much time worrying about Woke AI and not his new toy.

You think Elon isn't busy yelling furiously at the dozen remaining engineers?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Everyone is commenting on articles on Twitter without reading them, like every single day on that hellsite

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Frank Frank posted:

Because he fired everyone, OP

I've not been keeping up with the thread, but there was another wave of layoffs over the last 1-2 weeks, of people working on Spaces and a whole bunch of other stuff.

Hoping this latest failurecascade is a direct result of this, by either them having gotten rid of someone absolutely essential, or someone actively sabotaging things out of spite.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

kazil posted:

You think Elon isn't busy yelling furiously at the dozen remaining engineers?

I was wrong, he is busy tweeting transphobia and vaccine conspiracies

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

in the words of austin powers, "very lol baby"

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe
Weirdly enough my fritter app works and I can look at stuff, which is what I have to look at tweets from this thread

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.
Elon just pulled another random cable hoping it would bring Grimes back and now nothing works.

Masterful move, sir. Bloody genius.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Glumslinger posted:

Everyone is commenting on articles on Twitter without reading them, like every single day on that hellsite

Lmfao

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

https://twitter.com/stephenasmith/status/603384079044759552?s=46&t=8qKeRz1MPwpnqaU9WYBJgg

E: :aloom:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

site is dying and I still can't figure out this man's complicated politics :thunk:

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Whoopsy doodle we hosed up again!

https://twitter.com/TwitterSupport/status/1632792942262747136?s=20

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

For the real oldheads :effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Post screenshots.