Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

The true cultured gentleman pays a tweet sommelier to bring him only the finest dunks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

"Ah, dril, 2016. An excellent vintage."

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
then what's an elon '22 in booze

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Bright's Pale Dry Select, the world's most foul bumwine.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

smellmycheese posted:

The really spicy one for Labour is when the press decide it’s time to start noticing Mandelson was a big friend of Epstein.

That one won't happen because half the press were friends with Jeff and Maxwell.

https://twitter.com/TLDRNewsUK/status/1632721138701697027?s=19

He's so loving bad at politics.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Prison gin.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
My PIP claim has progressed, DWP have received the written report from the medical assessor for my claim. I never had to have a formal assessment, I just received a phone call to clarify a couple of points in my application. I can't work out if that's good or bad.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Fingers crossed for you.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

It's progress. Most likely they'll still refuse you after the assessment, at which point you have to go through a 2 stage appeal process - they do a 'mandatory reconsideration' in-house which almost always fails, and after that you can appeal with a 3rd party which is when it usually succeeds.

Hang in there and remember the cruelty is the point. Rinse the bastards for everything you deserve.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Some brewers yeast thrown into a bottle of liquid poo poo

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

forkboy84 posted:

Some brewers yeast thrown into a bottle of liquid poo poo

ahh oranjeboom

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Bobby Deluxe posted:

It's progress. Most likely they'll still refuse you after the assessment, at which point you have to go through a 2 stage appeal process - they do a 'mandatory reconsideration' in-house which almost always fails, and after that you can appeal with a 3rd party which is when it usually succeeds.

Hang in there and remember the cruelty is the point. Rinse the bastards for everything you deserve.

I'll second this. I've just had my reassessment so I'm getting ready for another go around. I'm fuelled entirely by spite at this point

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Lungboy posted:

My PIP claim has progressed, DWP have received the written report from the medical assessor for my claim. I never had to have a formal assessment, I just received a phone call to clarify a couple of points in my application. I can't work out if that's good or bad.

last reassessment I had consisted of me filling out the form and waiting for the dread appointment like the other times but all it took this time was a short phone call where a very apologetic sounding lady told me she read my notes and was gonna recommend I be passed and I was

you might be alright fingers crossed

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/status/1632767318823501824?t=DAkXu4IAyYwtyrWR8Qvtrg&s=19

As always, Tories are amazingly lazy.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

this is what happens when you don't provide good schemes for the young people :mad:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/EuanYours/status/1632687302152527872
Lesbians are scared to go out socializing now because of trans, which is worse than any historical encroachment on gay and women's rights.

Also by lesbians I mean me, Joanna Cherry.

crispix posted:

this is what happens when you don't provide good schemes for the young people :mad:
Looks like he's providing a scheme of sorts for whoever has to clean it up.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Lol. Spectator now going for the “pfft. Who needs tomatoes anyway?” line

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
iirc the Spectator has some articles from the 1850s if you want to see the eventual point where "why should anyone be reliant on year round food" got them to.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

All this global trade is clearly the root of our problems, we should go back to the good old days where we were ruled by people like me our betters

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/maitlis/status/1632764516508336133?s=19

I know they do it for the reaction I give it, but I'm still going to call them a oval office on twitter.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

What is it with the people of this country and thinking Climate Change is "sea level rise"? Is it an education failure? Is it a purposeful obfuscation? Why do people talk about that and focus on that? It's like if people talked about how flying two jets into the twin towers is predicted to destroy all of the wall paper in the buildings. Technically true, but also a complete failure to understand the situation at hand.

By the time Bristol is a lake, there will be many much more pressing issues caused by climate change than the water levels.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

we won’t even insulte houses for cold winters right now, getting people to think about 2050 is just impossible

*insert video of nick clegg rubbishing nuclear because it wouldn’t come online till 2020”

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Brendan Rodgers posted:

What is it with the people of this country and thinking Climate Change is "sea level rise"? Is it an education failure? Is it a purposeful obfuscation? Why do people talk about that and focus on that? It's like if people talked about how flying two jets into the twin towers is predicted to destroy all of the wall paper in the buildings. Technically true, but also a complete failure to understand the situation at hand.

By the time Bristol is a lake, there will be many much more pressing issues caused by climate change than the water levels.

It’s the thing that will most obviously affect house prices, so it’s the main thing people think about

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Communication and syncretism I guess. You don't win many converts among the Inuit by telling them that hell is a lake of fire.

People in England at least can picture coastal erosion and flooding as very bad things, but longer hotter summers just gets you "ooh yes we could do with that" even when it's 42C and the moors are on fire.

e: ^^ That too, the London sea level rise property map panicked more people than crop failure in some far off land, but 'food shortage' may be one people soon learn to fear.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

jokes on the doomers, we’ve already got food shortages and we’re still only 1-2 celsius up

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's very annoying that any time someone predicts a problem, most people ignore it and by the time it happens there's an entire section of society who have built their personalities around refusing to believe it's real.

Does give the impression that the best way to solve any problem you can predict in advance is to tell nobody about it.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Erm .. aren't you supposed to want to rule in perpetuity not just give the other guys respite care for 5 minutes!
https://twitter.com/SaulStaniforth/status/1632642841892605952?s=20

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Adequate food supplies
No shortages

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Jel Shaker posted:

jokes on the doomers, we’ve already got food shortages and we’re still only 1-2 celsius up

But the tomato shortage was due to extremely localised colder temperatures than normal that affected the tomato crops marked "for sale to the UK (excluding Northern Ireland) only".

Warmer temperatures will see huge crops of tomatoes sprouting up on Britain's beaches of poo poo. Make the most of this by avoiding seedless grapes and oranges. poo poo those seeds out and turn once miserable British beaches into glorious vineyards and orange groves grown in 100% pure British faecal matter.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Erm .. aren't you supposed to want to rule in perpetuity not just give the other guys respite care for 5 minutes!

https://twitter.com/SaulStaniforth/status/1632776445012459520

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Shirinking of the icecaps.
Most of the Antarctic is above sea level, on land, and if that mostly melts, that will raise sea levels every where.
It's the only thing they can really predict at the moment, as no one really knows how the major windstreams will change.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Brendan Rodgers posted:

I think its because its the easiest consequence of global warming to both explain and see. You can see the ice caps melting and the polar bells melting etc. Its far more difficult to see crops failing due to unseasonable amount of rainfall causing them to rot. Or heat waves scorching them to death.

Same for issues with flash floods or mud slides. Its far harder to explain why temperatures rising has caused that.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

When I was at school it was the main thing they talked about because the primary problem was the holes in the ozone layer from all the loving hairspray. I suspect that even though we've all moved on to talking about rising average temperatures, there's a whole generation for whom sea level rises are the only thing they learned at school.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/PickardJE/status/1632401548641812480

e: This is real. This isn't a shoop. This is what they really sent to each other

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Mar 7, 2023

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Full mask-off "We don't want to change anything, we just want our turn in charge." He's such an odious little creep.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Not being rich enough as a country to have things that our parents did is a pretty loving clear sign living standards are provably dropping and visibility so. Yet boomers and gen xers continue to insist that no, its the uppity millennials who are at fault for asking for foods other than swedes and leeks in the first place.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Drone_Fragger posted:

Not being rich enough as a country to have things that our parents did is a pretty loving clear sign living standards are provably dropping and visibility so. Yet boomers and gen xers continue to insist that no, its the uppity millennials who are at fault for asking for foods other than swedes and leeks in the first place.

my tv is bigger than my dad's, my internet is faster and my phone has more g's.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Lol

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pantsmaster Bill posted:

It’s the thing that will most obviously affect house prices, so it’s the main thing people think about

At least the rent on my flat will stop going up once its underwater :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCrushinator
May 19, 2008

Rarity posted:

At least the rent on my flat will stop going up once its underwater :v:

You'd think so but I suspect the reality would be somewhat different and you would be charged for water damage or sandbag tax, which ever is more lucrative.