Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Professor Beetus posted:

drat it was so worth it for rdr2 to be in development for 7 years or whatever, we got realistic horse anatomy with balls that shrivel in the cold. This is NEXT GEN

GEEEENESIS DOES *video of horse balls shrinking* YOU CAN'T DO THIS ON NINTENDO, GEEEENESIS DOES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Genesis does what Nintendong

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
:gas:

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Apparently this launches today and it looks freakin' sweet imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBBwIHYm8Mw

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I couldn't get into Dead Cells at all. I love a MetroidVania game but it didn't hook me

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Kentucky Route Zero leaving game pass next week… I tried about 5 minutes and seems interesting, story based adventure with light puzzles? I know it was a indie darling for a long time

Best controls explanation page I’ve seen tho

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Paradox just announced a new Game Pass Game in 2023:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7oq0_dIRiU
From the maker's of the Shadowrun games. Looks fun.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

It's on now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54gPuRB94Yc

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Issaries posted:

Paradox just announced a new Game Pass Game in 2023:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7oq0_dIRiU
From the maker's of the Shadowrun games. Looks fun.

Yeah, looks good.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Wiltsghost posted:

Yeah, looks good.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

well it was just a pre-rendered trailer, but Cities Skylines 2, will also be on game pass.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP_h2OM2zFY
Coming in 2023.

Issaries fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Mar 6, 2023

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
stop putting games on game pass I don't have time for all of these games

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

might as well sell my xbox, there are just too many loving games

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Time to take up a new hobby, like fishing or gardening.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

BisterdDave posted:

There's some of these on game pass.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

BisterdDave posted:

Those are even worse. You think there’s too many games? Wait till you find out how many plants there are

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Those are even worse. You think there’s too many games? Wait till you find out how many plants there are

You got flowers, bushes, trees, shrubs and moss.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Better late than never.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay posted:

Better late than never.

this took me probably 100+ tries

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
Far Cry 6 is on sale for £17.99 on the Xbox store. Is it worth it for that price? I really enjoyed 4 and have played 5 through completely about 3 or 4 times.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Quantum of Phallus posted:

this took me probably 100+ tries

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Far Cry 6 is on sale for £17.99 on the Xbox store. Is it worth it for that price? I really enjoyed 4 and have played 5 through completely about 3 or 4 times.

I think so, it sounds like you enjoy those games and 6 is more of those games.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

American McGay posted:

Better late than never.

Congrats, Tarnished

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

WattsvilleBlues posted:

FC6 is alright but I think I ended up enjoying 5 a lot more. For that price it's worth it though.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

MikeRabsitch posted:

I think so, it sounds like you enjoy those games and 6 is more of those games.

Crikey, they have Far Cry 3, 4, 5 and 6 for £30 for another 11 hours. Down from £150.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Buy it.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I think the base game of 6 is worth it for that, yeah. The season pass expansions are terrible though (YMMV if you really REALLY love Vaas and Ubisoft's take on roguelites).

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

I don't usually buy season passes etc. so I'm not too worried about that. Just got the Anthology Bundle, too good a deal to pass up.

Omon Ra
Nov 1, 2020
peanus

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Crikey, they have Far Cry 3, 4, 5 and 6 for £30 for another 11 hours. Down from £150.
Down from 150? Is that like when they have Deluxe Ultra editions with 3 special skins and a digital soundtrack for $90, and 30% off that is a good deal?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I'll let the Ubisoft talk slide and instead emphasise that nobody should ever buy Far Cry dlc

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Speaking of sales I got Soul Calibur VI with some expansion a little while back for $14 (an 85% reduction!)!

What a dogshit game. What a piece of flaming crap. God I want those fourteen dollars back. That's the cost of one IPA at an overpriced bar which would've been money well spent over this sack of garbage.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Speaking of sales I got Soul Calibur VI with some expansion a little while back for $14 (an 85% reduction!)!

What a dogshit game. What a piece of flaming crap. God I want those fourteen dollars back. That's the cost of one IPA at an overpriced bar which would've been money well spent over this sack of garbage.

:(

SCVI I both loved, and was disappointed in. It just felt like such a big step backwards compared to the previous games. The story campaign was so barebones compared to SC2.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
It's just in-sane that they don't track Arcade times by character. Want to know what character got you the fastest clear time? Lol dumbass, no, buy a different game.

There are many other problems but this bothered me a lot, probably more than it should. I'm not actually saying it's a TERRIBLE NO GOOD DON'T EVER PLAY THIS game but its so insanely lazy and phoned in from every conceivable angle that it gets insanely close to that.

When I'm actually pressing buttons and fighting, I'm having a decent time. But the AI is garbage, the enemies don't scale in Arcade or Story, and I'm spending time skipping through insanely boring, bad, and long dialogue and screens. It shouldn't surprise devs that players want to actually play the game but this. Keeps. Happening.

One of the ways I know that the game is phoned-in cashgrab garbage is if you play the story mode well.... at certain screens you press X to continue and at other, barely different, screens you press A to continue. These scenes are one right after the other and it's mind-boggling that anyone wouldn't notice or otherwise care enough to make an insanely small change.

Soul Calibur is one of the few fighting games with weapons and definitely the most popular in that class. I love the different weapons and styles so if anything I'm pissed because I know this should be a top tier fighter (no/little competition!) if anyone in that studio gave any apparent gently caress

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Thankfully you can play SC3 with an emulator on gods true console the series X

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I didn't play a ton of SCVI. I remember feeling the campaign had two little content but was also way to long.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Best version is still SoulEdge/Blade.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2023/03/07/game-pass-march-2023-wave-1-announce/

Coming to game pass this month.

Guilty Gear (out today)
Civilization 6
Valheim
Ni no Kuni II

John F Bennett fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Mar 7, 2023

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan
Realise that we have a specific Halo thread but:

Halo Infinite Season 3 launches in a few hours, and over the last few months 343 have been quietly turning the game around. Forge is in, new maps are coming faster and faster, the battle pass looks more generous and there's finally a new weapon and a kind of sci-fi smoke grenade.

Most important they seem to be moving to 3 month seasons which has been the game's single largest issue.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

How well does the Civ 6 run on XSX?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The game is designed to run on a toaster so quite well I’d think, how well does it control is what I want to know