Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Random means random and 6 in a row is not unexpected in a random sequence

Your brain is a pattern recognition machine though so it sees patterns in random chaos literally all the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Do you guys suppose the new hero will have voice lines, or will we have 3 heroes in a row of with nothing but [adjective noise]?

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Sab669 posted:

Do you guys suppose the new hero will have voice lines, or will we have 3 heroes in a row of with nothing but [adjective noise]?

Surprised whistle

Grumbly roar

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I was gonna post "with Phoenix and Io they recorded a lot of noises so it wasn't so repetitive" but then I realized I didn't know if that was really true or not, so I went to go look at how many response lines all the nonverbal heroes have. Marci has ten whistles total and two sound the same to me. Io and Phoenix are comparable to each other, with Io having more lines overall, even ignoring arcana lines. But Primal Beast has more responses than all three of them put together, they're just mostly indistinguishable from each other! Maybe if Marci had some more whistles or if some of Primal Beast's roars conveyed any sort of characterization to them, it would have felt a lot less cheap, but I also think some of it is that Io and Phoenix had a year and a half and other heroes between their additions to the game.

But assuming they didn't get a VA for Muerta just for her trailer, hopefully she'll be back to the normal formula of "way too much voicework and a bunch of lines that reference cool stuff happening off-screen that will never be elaborated on or even mentioned again", because I eat that stuff up.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

You could have 30 distinct roars, whistles, chirps, and boops for each and it would be the same as if they only had 1 each in my book.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Mostly I wish Marci's hurt whistle wasn't so shrill and didn't have a 3 second cooldown and that Primal Beast had any sort of characterization in its many many roars. The only clue to any sort of personality it has is that it has a kill line for Hoodwink that's really, really loud and long. Fascinating!

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

They added some weird items you can buy in the in-game shop that has something to do with Muerta or something. Forebearer's Fortune and Mercy & Grace.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Yeah it's a fun little minigame like they used to do when a new hero was coming, if everyone does it you can buy Mercy & Grace which seems to be a Muerta skill turned into an item

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts
Remember how back in DotA All Stars, every map version that ended with a 9 had an easter egg that hinted towards future updates? The last one was in 6.79 and it was a hidden boss, Sun Wukong, whose abilities would later be given to the Phantom Lancer rework back in 6.82.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

armpit_enjoyer posted:

Remember how back in DotA All Stars, every map version that ended with a 9 had an easter egg that hinted towards future updates? The last one was in 6.79 and it was a hidden boss, Sun Wukong, whose abilities would later be given to the Phantom Lancer rework back in 6.82.

amazing

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Da frog is back baby, can't wait to get disappointed on Tuesday

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Do ya'll think the patch is actually coming out on the 6th, or just getting the Notes? IIRC the tweet said it was being "unveiled" on Tuesday

I'm leaning towards it will be, but trying not to be too excited in case I'm wrong :v:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
laughed out lud at "this lina appears to be a psychologist herself..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6JqaCMaVos&t=1501s

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Sab669 posted:

Do ya'll think the patch is actually coming out on the 6th, or just getting the Notes? IIRC the tweet said it was being "unveiled" on Tuesday

I'm leaning towards it will be, but trying not to be too excited in case I'm wrong :v:

Hard to say. The use of unveiled in the blog post might mean a preview of some kind, like the patch page going up in advance of actual release, 7.00 style. If that's the case, I'm assuming the patch would be quite big. Doesn't seem like something they would do for a normal sized patch.

Or it could also just be a Muerta-flavored way of saying they're releasing the patch on Monday.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Wyk's tweet originally said it was being released on the 6th (and he seems to be in a position to know these things) so maybe it will be.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Ojetor posted:

Hard to say. The use of unveiled in the blog post might mean a preview of some kind, like the patch page going up in advance of actual release, 7.00 style. If that's the case, I'm assuming the patch would be quite big. Doesn't seem like something they would do for a normal sized patch.

Or it could also just be a Muerta-flavored way of saying they're releasing the patch on Monday.

Yea it's like, "hmm not sure if mondo patch, or Valve just having fun with the new hero" :thunk:

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

The Easter eggs and voice actors flying down to Lima make me believe it'll be a big patch announcement but it's valve so who knows

RisqueBarber fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Mar 5, 2023

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
The patch is definitely coming out today. Wyk posted and teaguv's streaming the goofy "summoning patch" bs which is as close to a sure thing as it gets.

Sab669 posted:

she's fully voice acted, the voice lines are already datamined

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Muerta's ult has her transform and became immune to physical damage and she starts dealing magic damage and several other effects like phased movement and being able to attack ethereal targets. According to some datamining, anyway.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

https://www.dota2.com/deadreckoning

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

IceFrog posted:

Outworld Destroyer
* Sanity's Eclipse - Now deals double damage to illusions

Oh

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!
They nerfed a lot of the overpowered shards in the patch. It's still kind of sucks though that we're only getting 7.32e and not the full 7.33 after all that build up.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

dota blog posted:

The Dead Reckoning Update has a lot of features we’re really proud of — a new hero, item sets, a mini-game. But we get it. Many of you were hoping for Patch 7.33.

We’ve been working on an ambitious gameplay patch for a while, and we were hoping to get it done in time for this update. We’re currently aiming to release it in late April. So in the meantime, while we put the finishing touches on it, enjoy the Dead Reckoning Update and Patch 7.32e.
I can't be too bummed about it since they're at least going "hey we get it, you want a big patch, but it's not ready yet". Better than trying to pass off a tiny patch as a big one, which is kinda what 7.32 felt like to me.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
All this mini patch does is makes the actual big one need to be more impressive lol

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Frankly I thought it was extremely funny that it was only a letter patch. I get why people say it's stale, but gently caress it I'm still having as much fun playing DOTA as ever. Skill > Meta at my scrub tier.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

The story told on the main menu is a longform dunk on Artifact and I love it

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Sweet, if you get the Pudge set from the event chest, it includes the Toy Butcher persona.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Sab669 posted:

Frankly I thought it was extremely funny that it was only a letter patch. I get why people say it's stale, but gently caress it I'm still having as much fun playing DOTA as ever. Skill > Meta at my scrub tier.

Aside from the obvious outlier of Lina being way too good, 7.32 didn't feel solved to me yet so I don't mind too much either honestly. For the folks who actually play regularly I think this patch will carry us till the real 7.33.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
Treant and undying nerfs :(

If undying can still one shot range creeps with the decay talent it might not be so bad.

The loss of bonus regen on natures guise is really gonna hurt treant imo. 40% was huge.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Got 1 game in with a Meurta on my team with me as CM vs Tusk & Pudge; we hosed them up. New Hero seems pretty strong.

Also:

loving forced 50% WR!! :v:

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

They should make Columbo as the next hero.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I took a 1 month break but here it is anyway.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

First time my report has ever had a positive winrate or MMR delta, but looking at the summary makes me realize each consecutive report has like 20 less games played overall. :smith:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Geight posted:

I can't be too bummed about it since they're at least going "hey we get it, you want a big patch, but it's not ready yet". Better than trying to pass off a tiny patch as a big one, which is kinda what 7.32 felt like to me.

The next major (in Berlin) is scheduled to start May 5. That would mean a patch right before the Major:unsmigghh:

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

RealityWarCriminal posted:

The next major (in Berlin) is scheduled to start May 5. That would mean a patch right before the Major:unsmigghh:

I know it sucks for the players but it's also really fun to watch, so :allears:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Coordinator / Servers in general making GBS threads their pants real hard tonight

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Is there any way to get an idea of how much of the playerbase is playing Turbo Mode these days? I can't really get into it myself, but I figure it has to be a decent chunk if Valve is making a big show of continuing to support it.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Maybe I'm just a low MMR scrub but the hero feels a little conceptually iffy. It seems like the ult would be strong before BKBs come online, and lategame when they've run very low, but the problem is those first couple BKB charges are already a good time to try to end the game and that's when her ult is the weakest. You're missing out on a substantial amount of damage having to wait out BKBs to use your ult. The enemy team having a pipe making you a worse carry is also weird to think aboot.

Makes me wonder whether it's just going to end up another offlaner or something.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Sir/Ma'am, excuse me! Roots enemy, damage based on Evidence stacks.
Dog, Kill! Heals allies + other good effects.
Investigate: Self-buff (Evidence) that tracks enemy attacks and enemy kills on allies.
Ah, just one more thing: Returns enemy to enemy fountain to serve out a prison sentence if enough Evidence stacks against them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

she feels like she was built to be a mid, but she's gonna get played as a 4 who just spams Q/W with a reasonably tanky 1

400 dmg Q at level 10 with a AOE slow W and a free 6 second ghost scepter at 6? I'm not sure she has the stats for it to actually work out but by god are people going to try