Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I just came across a five year old tumblr post that really tickled me so here it is enjoy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Haven't heard the McElory's opinions on it yet, but Avatar 2 is a borderline Hallmark movie with a bigger budget. Plot continues to be really dull and the whiplash between the movie presenting the big blue cat people as loving and coexistant with nature is hard to reconcile with how almost every character is mass murdering goons by the end of it. In self defense, but still. Neat visuals, but nothing to grab onto, at least imo.

what an incredibly bad take this is, oh my god

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I think only Justin has seen either Avatar and I assume it's mostly because he wanted to understand the deep lore of the Disney World land.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Is Justin doing Daniel Day-Lewis bits to make munch squad as painful for people who like munch squad as it is for people who hate it?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Really wish Munch Squad was a sometimes food, it'd make it a lot better if Justin didn't feel obligated to have it basically every week and waited until there was something wild (i haven't listened to this week's episode yet)

Piell fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Mar 7, 2023

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Piell posted:

Really wish Munch Squad was a sometimes food, it'd make it a lot better if Justin didn't feel obligated to have it basically every week and waited until there was something wild (i haven't listened to this week's episode yet)

:ssh: He doesn't do it because he feels obligated he does it because reading press releases and hoping the others can think of jokes to tell about them is easy.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Especially since most fast food press releases kinda wind up sounding like a form letter. Oh really, Taco Bell? Innovation and customer satisfaction have always been the backbone of you business? Is a burrito stuffed with Cheetos the new food item customers never knew they needed?

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
ppl will bend over backwards to make excuses for Justin doing intentionally alienating and unfunny anti-comedy bits for years but yet they have zero patience for an earnest Travis

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

and those people are correct

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Ariong posted:

:ssh: He doesn't do it because he feels obligated he does it because reading press releases and hoping the others can think of jokes to tell about them is easy.

ok but it isn't funny most of the time, every single one of travis's bits (except sad libs) is funnier than the average munch squad at this point

Piell fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Mar 7, 2023

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Justin could do a bushel more unfunny bits and he’d still have a better hit rate than Travis

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Piell posted:

ok but it isn't funny most of the time, every single one of travis's bits (except sad libs) is funnier than the average munch squad at this point

yeah but sometimes earned clout counts for something, you know

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Ok Comboomer posted:

yeah but sometimes earned clout counts for something, you know

Justin's out here swinging at every pitch, he'd do a lot better waiting for something he can actually land a hit on

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Every Travis bit except sad libs is funnier than any Justin bit except minions quotes

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

RandomPauI posted:

Is Justin doing Daniel Day-Lewis bits to make munch squad as painful for people who like munch squad as it is for people who hate it?

That was hilarious

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

RandomPauI posted:

gotta say I've walked this long crazy road for a great many years but this is the closest I've been to pressing that button that makes Downcast not download the podcast anymore

edit: i did it. my soul is free

Sivart13 fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Mar 7, 2023

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I like the DDL bit because it hijacked Munch Squad

anyway as much as I'm over the concept of Munch Squad, Justin is funny enough to usually still be entertaining with it. not sure why he still does it considering the conceit of the show is that fans literally send them prompts to run with, but it's never going away so whatever.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I like the dumb games Travis comes up with. More dumb games please

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

He should go back to doing exclusively vintage munch squads, those were much more fun than the "Arby's is making a sandwich with GRAVY on it whaaaaat??!" type ones we've been getting the past couple years.

George H.W. oval office posted:

I like the dumb games Travis comes up with. More dumb games please

honestly :hai:

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Now you’re gonna tell me you all didn’t like Isaac the child chocolatier

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Now you’re gonna tell me you all didn’t like Isaac the child chocolatier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBkms_-CT_w

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Isaac was fine, he can easily stop by once a season

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Shades of Edward Shnowden...

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

AndrewP posted:

I like the DDL bit because it hijacked Munch Squad
okay but problem is DDLv2 still read the munch squad

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Piell posted:

Yes I agree completely. I didn’t mean he does it because it’s an easy way to be funny, I meant he does it because it’s easier than being funny.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
It’s ok. They’re winding the bit down.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

grittyreboot posted:

Especially since most fast food press releases kinda wind up sounding like a form letter. Oh really, Taco Bell? Innovation and customer satisfaction have always been the backbone of you business? Is a burrito stuffed with Cheetos the new food item customers never knew they needed?

it's weird that this summons travis' voice into my head to read the line, and yet it does

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Weird Pumpkin posted:

it's weird that this summons travis' voice into my head to read the line, and yet it does

I can hear him going "Huh!" in between each of those statements.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I have seen some burns on this forum the past 15 years but "I can hear the voice of Travis McElroy when I read your posts" is on another level

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp
This week's Munch Squad being nothing but his two brothers effortlessly dunking on him actually made it the best Much Squad in years. This should be the new format.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Acute Grill posted:

This week's Munch Squad being nothing but his two brothers effortlessly dunking on him actually made it the best Much Squad in years. This should be the new format.

Yeah all the complaints in this thread seems like no one listened to the episode itself. Travis and Griffin were just as brutal about Munch Squad as anyone. And that made it hilarious.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

flavor.flv posted:

I have seen some burns on this forum the past 15 years but "I can hear the voice of Travis McElroy when I read your posts" is on another level

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
The brothers have name-dropped Oliver Cromwell, the guy who had Charles I executed, like six times on this latest ep and I'm only now just realizing that they were trying to name-drop James Cromwell, the actor from Babe and The Young Pope.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

C-Euro posted:

The brothers have name-dropped Oliver Cromwell, the guy who had Charles I executed, like six times on this latest ep and I'm only now just realizing that they were trying to name-drop James Cromwell, the actor from Babe and The Young Pope.

Was that show any good? I pirated the first three episodes when it came out then didn't bother any more from laziness.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

C-Euro posted:

Remember that time Griffin confused Channing Tatum and Stockard Channing?
https://youtu.be/45DaMjxbuxw

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Was that show any good? I pirated the first three episodes when it came out then didn't bother any more from laziness.

I thought it was great, but it's deeply, deeply weird, and very, very Catholic

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

SpacePig posted:

Remember the time Justin thought Matt Doyle was EVERYWHERE

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

SpacePig posted:

All timer

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat

flavor.flv posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

more falafel please posted:

I thought it was great, but it's deeply, deeply weird, and very, very Catholic

This. I liked it a lot but it is a little surreal in spots. Relatively short commitment too, only two 10-episode seasons.