Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

it can't have been that long since i last played but wish ender feels spicy like how i always wanted it to. Spicy bow!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Al Pacino voice: The strands we need are all around us!

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

Al Pacino voice: The strands we need are all around us!

Weave da spaghet

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Is there a good spot to check for gunsmith and Xur rolls? I’ve been out of the game for a year and never really found anything decent in those fronts.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

NewFatMike posted:

Is there a good spot to check for gunsmith and Xur rolls? I’ve been out of the game for a year and never really found anything decent in those fronts.

Like, for what is being sold? The Bungie app.

For what could roll? Light.gg

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

NewFatMike posted:

You can do it in DIM under the vendor tab, it's super easy if you use it already.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
That karate kid montage at the start of Headlong is hilarious

Also a huge fan of the opening mission's

You're the first guardian to ever wield Strand! Also that centurion just figured it out too so go kick his rear end before he patents it

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

That karate kid montage at the start of Headlong is hilarious

Also a huge fan of the opening mission's

You're the first guardian to ever wield Strand! Also that centurion just figured it out too so go kick his rear end before he patents it

Subtitles on is very cool because osiris calls it capital S strand and then he later talks about figuring out this mysterious “strands of energy” thing later like he didn’t just Trump-style capitalize it

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Hackan Slash posted:

You can do it in DIM under the vendor tab, it's super easy if you use it already.

Oh hell yeah, I totally forgot about that. Hopefully it includes the community feedback about good rolls.

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Like, for what is being sold? The Bungie app.

For what could roll? Light.gg

Also thank you for helping! I didn’t explain that I was also wondering where folks normally talk about the quality of the rolls, but checking against Light.gg probably includes commentary on desirable rolls.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

my no-prize answer for strand shields is that shields aren't actually like, using that element. It's just that whatever wavelengths or technology they use happen to be vulnerable to that element. So when a Scorn soldier has a solar shield it's not a shield of solar energy, it's an energy shield that's particularly susceptible to solar weaponry. The Shadow Legion are meant to be the Cabal but cooler and already have shield tech, so having personal shields that are resistant to everything except the new unknown element makes sense.

On another note, is it really any sillier than being able to get weapons that shoot strand and do strand poo poo before you've fully unlocked it? I don't think so

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Subtitles on is very cool because osiris calls it capital S strand and then he later talks about figuring out this mysterious “strands of energy” thing later like he didn’t just Trump-style capitalize it

He's (Osiris) still got it!

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Neptune, home of the Pillar Men,

e: Calus has some great notes of disdain for The Witness in his voice; he's obviously stayed in his Emperor shoes, remaining "big."

Witness seems powerful, but still chasing that gosh darned suckerpunch promise of a Final Shape; in his specific case I imagine that's the final quiet of death. It seems par for the course over there on the Darkness track.

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Mar 7, 2023

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

NewFatMike posted:

Also thank you for helping! I didn’t explain that I was also wondering where folks normally talk about the quality of the rolls, but checking against Light.gg probably includes commentary on desirable rolls.
Falloutplays on YT does a "Xûr in under a minute" video which very briefly goes over the must-have rolls every week.

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
After beating the campaign and unlocking Strand I feel kinda disappointed by it. I think the campaign was a little more lenient on the cooldowns whenever you got to sample the powers. How do I get around the grapple having such a long recharge? I have the two charges, but do I need to be stacking discipline? I get that they probably don't want you grappling and turning into a grenade every 10 seconds.

Maybe I just find it tricky to leave Stasis Hunter behind. When I use Monte Carlo I get to hurl free ice frisbees frequently.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Once you get your Fragments it feels much better.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

Sourdough Sam posted:

After beating the campaign and unlocking Strand I feel kinda disappointed by it. I think the campaign was a little more lenient on the cooldowns whenever you got to sample the powers. How do I get around the grapple having such a long recharge? I have the two charges, but do I need to be stacking discipline? I get that they probably don't want you grappling and turning into a grenade every 10 seconds.

Maybe I just find it tricky to leave Stasis Hunter behind. When I use Monte Carlo I get to hurl free ice frisbees frequently.

buy Thread of Generation as soon as you can. It gives all of your damage sources a form of Demolitionist and, especially with DoT weapons, you get your grenade back SOOOO quick.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I just switched from grapple to shackle and holy poo poo, it's broken as poo poo. Might try the 'oops all threadlings' warlock build next.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Does the unstoppable glaive artifact mod not work?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Have you ruled out artifact mods loving up on death like armor mods lmao

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
they probably didn't actually code the glaive/sword mod since the only real options for T5 are Firebolt Grenade & Strand Goober Bomb

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

arsenicCatnip posted:

buy Thread of Generation as soon as you can. It gives all of your damage sources a form of Demolitionist and, especially with DoT weapons, you get your grenade back SOOOO quick.

I swear this does gently caress all for me.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Exotic quest up in the gulch, there's 6 glowing vex orb things. Collect them and that should start it.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Skeezy posted:

Exotic quest up in the gulch, there's 6 glowing vex orb things. Collect them and that should start it.

da gently caress? was there supposed to be anything pointing me toward this?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Don't think so lol, I only found out from peeping the new posts on the Destiny subreddit.

Mission seems to be related to Asher

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Exotic mission spoilers: Slight whisper of the worm vibes with the walls that try to punt you off lol

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Might be a warning for people thinking they’ll knock this out on a lunch break

https://twitter.com/paultassi/status/1633184015908761603?s=46&t=DT925tMY54SwGEv9vbPHUw

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

it’s not like this is the first secret exotic quest, they’ve had em for years

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Quicksilver Storm seems really loving good. Especially after I got the catalyst for it. Really hard to swap to something else...

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

it’s not like this is the first secret exotic quest, they’ve had em for years

Listen here bud I'm a Guardian Rank Six, don't talk to me like I've never been around the block

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

hehe 😜 but yeah, looks like this is an unannounced exotic quest the likes of which we haven’t had in a bit.

I remember people losing their minds and gnashing their teeth over something a dev said offhand about them being tougher to work in due to datamining and the necessity of advertising exactly what someone’s getting for a given season pass, but the implication was of course not that they would never do them again but just that one hadn’t been on the table for a little bit while they figured stuff out

excited to dick around in the Vex network when I get home

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Yeees new monarchy regalia best shader, I have been missing that little poo poo since before collections was a thing. If you like red and gold go see your friend and mine ADA1.

E: shadow gilt as well! Noice.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Mar 7, 2023

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
In UNFORTUNATE news, the in-game Loadout system has led to a super annoying new issue. As we know, the Loadouts system can only 'pull' from the Vault. It can't 'put' things in the Vault. Mechanically, any gear on another character would need to be Put in the Vault first, which means Loadouts can't use any gear that is stored on another character. We knew this already.

But - Bungie has changed the base functionality of the game and made it so that your characters can no longer 'see' gear that is on another character. You're potentially going to hobble your Powerfuls & Pinnacles unless you keep your highest slot items in the Vault.

Check my Warlock here with the 1800 gloves equipped, and my NimbyGrams are 1796

If I move those Gloves into the Vault, nothing happens. But if I move those Gloves to my Hunter.... My Nimbygrams are now 1771

You might be hobbling your Powerful & Pinnacle rewards if your highest slot gear is on another character. The warning text only refers to Armor, but I tested it with weapons as well. Moving my highest power Heavy out of the vault and onto another character dropped my NimbyGrams by a point

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Any mods that affect weapons when they are equipped don't seem to reliably enable when you respawn. Ways to fix them include: reseting your artifact, unequipping the item and reequipping it, changing your loadout, and leaving the activity and going back.

Each of those methods sometimes don't work, sometimes they do, sometimes they make everyone all glowy-unloaded. It's very frustrating.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Quicksilver Storm seems really loving good. Especially after I got the catalyst for it. Really hard to swap to something else...

Yeah the micro rockets melt shields and just shred dudes in seconds.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

In UNFORTUNATE news, the in-game Loadout system has led to a super annoying new issue. As we know, the Loadouts system can only 'pull' from the Vault. It can't 'put' things in the Vault. Mechanically, any gear on another character would need to be Put in the Vault first, which means Loadouts can't use any gear that is stored on another character. We knew this already.

But - Bungie has changed the base functionality of the game and made it so that your characters can no longer 'see' gear that is on another character. You're potentially going to hobble your Powerfuls & Pinnacles unless you keep your highest slot items in the Vault.

Check my Warlock here with the 1800 gloves equipped, and my NimbyGrams are 1796

If I move those Gloves into the Vault, nothing happens. But if I move those Gloves to my Hunter.... My Nimbygrams are now 1771

You might be hobbling your Powerful & Pinnacle rewards if your highest slot gear is on another character. The warning text only refers to Armor, but I tested it with weapons as well. Moving my highest power Heavy out of the vault and onto another character dropped my NimbyGrams by a point

motherfuckers

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Bungie can't really win with exotic missions. If they preannounce one, one third of the player base complains that there are no surprises any more. If the director tells you one started another third complains that that takes all the fun out of discovering it yourself. If they sneak one in with no hints the remaining third complains that they shouldn't have to learn about content drops from Reddit

Mazerunner posted:

motherfuckers

Single character players stay winning :smugdog:

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yeah the micro rockets melt shields and just shred dudes in seconds.

QS is drat good already which just makes me wonder how overpowered it will be if they ever fix the 40% PVE damage boost it was supposed to get (or if that's even broken)

haveblue fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Mar 7, 2023

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Just finished the campaign, underwhelming compared to WQ.

Should I be shooting for 1800 LL now? I want the Loreley Helm, but it looks like I need to go back and do the WQ campaign on n legendary to get it. Are old campaigns scales to my level, or can I breeze through it at 1755~?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Should I be shooting for 1800 LL now? I want the Loreley Helm, but it looks like I need to go back and do the WQ campaign on n legendary to get it. Are old campaigns scales to my level, or can I breeze through it at 1755~?

1800 is the minimum viable level for endgame content- high difficulty lost sectors and nightfalls, dungeons and raids, etc. You should be able to blaze through Witch Queen on normal, doing it on legendary is only necessary for a couple of triumphs and an armor drop that's no longer valuable

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Loreley will also drop from the daily Legend Lost Sector when it's helmet day. It's helmet day today, and it's an easy lost sector. Go get 'em! (it's 1830 though, heads up...)

You might also get the new Stasis helmet though (plus any other exotic helmets you're still missing) so it'll take a while

The one you would get from Legendary WQ Campaign would be a 48 stat roll IIRC, and take many hours longer, so I don't recommend it. You'll have a forced power delta no matter what so no breezing through it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

haveblue posted:

1800 is the minimum viable level for endgame content- high difficulty lost sectors and nightfalls, dungeons and raids, etc. You should be able to blaze through Witch Queen on normal, doing it on legendary is only necessary for a couple of triumphs and an armor drop that's no longer valuable

Okay, so the exotics from there just drop in the weekly Lost Sectors now? That makes it easier. Thanks!