Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Wolfsheim posted:

Every cspam thread eventually kind of becomes the most insane ten people doing nihilism at each other, for good or ill

the economy is gonna crash bigger than the GFC any day now...........

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Wolfsheim posted:

Every cspam thread eventually kind of becomes the most insane ten people doing nihilism at each other, for good or ill

its fun to rile those types of people up

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

It is though

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

Also the doomsday econ thread is just kinda fun to read. The fact that we’ve been riding a bubble that should’ve popped in 2017 or whatever, that’s just gravy.

I can’t get my rss feed to update, and it’s been that way for a month. Not the end of the world to listen on patreon, but has anyone else had this problem?

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
I dunno man. Davos and other rich circlejerk conferences utilize COVID mitigations while telling the rest of us that periodical infections where we put more bullets in the gun after getting got each time are just fine.

It doesn't matter if the COVID thread is right in the wrong way. Turns out, you'll take whatever you can get after public health policy is left to individual mandate.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Wolfsheim posted:

Nah.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Wolfsheim posted:

These People Are Sick

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

https://twitter.com/tysonbrody/status/1632203549776961536?s=46&t=BHs6Pl38GJXGN2Y4xeriNA

Androies
Oct 23, 2008

Ask me about my knives
I don't know if we've mentioned this but the past two episodes have been Felix free and now I'm starting to think the running goon conspiracy theory that he is too barred out to podcast is right.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Androies posted:

I don't know if we've mentioned this but the past two episodes have been Felix free and now I'm starting to think the running goon conspiracy theory that he is too barred out to podcast is right.

He's leaving for a new podcast with Virgil

adebisi lives
Nov 11, 2009
His social media presence is chugging along as normal

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1632217840366542849?t=Do95My3N8mwskMXs5uR2Ew&s=19

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Androies posted:

Maybe he's on holiday, or taking a breather. Who knows why he didn't appear on (2) episodes

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Idk about that man, I think most people were just trying to stay healthy and not kill their relatives.

if you aren't willing to sacrifice your family for the sake of applebees dine in treats whats even the point of having an economy tbh

adebisi lives
Nov 11, 2009
Felix posted a picture of his hosed up foot on Instagram so maybe that's why he sounded drugged up / absent a couple eps. Or maybe that's what he wants us to think!

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Covid is the number 3 cause of death behind all types of heart disease combined and all types of cancer combined. Expressing any concern about this is considered a sign of mental illness.

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.
Maybe he just had ice cream again and is shidding out his doo doo rear end

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Bar Crow posted:

Covid is the number 3 cause of death behind all types of heart disease combined and all types of cancer combined. Expressing any concern about this is considered a sign of mental illness.

Wasnt there a cspam covid thread guy who got all four vaccines in one month by using fake names

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Wolfsheim posted:

Wasnt there a cspam covid thread guy who got all four vaccines in one month by using fake names

I got two extra boosters by using a fake name. It was super easy.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Thr GIGAVAXXED meme is real?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Halloween Jack posted:

Either that or someone might have lied on the internet

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Wolfsheim posted:

it was a lot more and it was a "joke". some journalist was lurking the thread and PMed him about it for an article he was writing.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Halloween Jack posted:

There was a window of time between the studies came out showing the waning efficacy of the vaccines and the government approving boosters. Plenty of people jumped ahead of the government's approval and got "boosters" early by giving a fake name and getting another first shot.

I don't know if anyone actually intentionally got all the different types of shot, but if you were going in for your "booster" and they had the other brand on tap, why not? I got Pfizer first and then Moderna.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Mr. Lobe posted:

Either that or someone might have lied on the internet

About vaccines? Who would do that?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Heath posted:

About vaccines? Who would do that?

I dunno, who would get 2 boosters in a month?

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Lmao @ the acknowledgement of the girl god episode.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Wolfsheim posted:

There was a lady on Twitter who is on six shots.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

I only got the first 2 shots, no boosters, got covid last summer, had a moderate fever/flu feeling for a week, then nothing after that. Long covid is fake/psychosomatic.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Cached Money posted:

I only got the first 2 shots, no boosters, got covid last summer, had a moderate fever/flu feeling for a week, then nothing after that. Long covid is fake/psychosomatic.

It absolutely is not, my roommate got it very very early on and has had some issues ever since. He's gotten better but it's been very slow. It does seem to be more of a thing with the earlier variants. He also got a humongous dose of it because he was a therapist grad student at the time and spent an hour in a small closed off room with someone who had it

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Heath posted:

It absolutely is not, my roommate got it very very early on and has had some issues ever since. He's gotten better but it's been very slow. It does seem to be more of a thing with the earlier variants. He also got a humongous dose of it because he was a therapist grad student at the time and spent an hour in a small closed off room with someone who had it

So what are the symptoms?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

I appreciated the guest asking the hard questions with regards to the research methods for the penis meta analysis

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Pretty bad ep, a lot of sweaty attempts to make as many jokes as possible as fast as possible, particularly from the Brandon Wardell-Felix combo.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Kind of a mid episode for me. I liked the guests but most of the readings, save for the "podcast bro" one at the end, were not all that interesting.

Felix didn't seem as...stoned out of his gourd (?) this time.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Long COVID isn't fake, just as candidiasis and Lyme disease aren't fake. But for unsurprising reasons it's a popular pseudoscientific focus for people's anxiety.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

PostNouveau posted:

Pretty bad ep, a lot of sweaty attempts to make as many jokes as possible as fast as possible, particularly from the Brandon Wardell-Felix combo.

Wasn't looking forward to it when I saw Wardell was guesting.

Cached Money posted:

I got it after the same and only felt flu-ish for 24 hours if that but I had the worst cough I've ever had for about a month afterwards.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

Wasn't looking forward to it when I saw Wardell was guesting.

I got it after the same and only felt flu-ish for 24 hours if that but I had the worst cough I've ever had for about a month afterwards.

I had a cough like that after I had what I thought was covid, but wasn't, last winter. I think it's due to coughing because of the infection that then develops into a self perpetuating cough due to soreness.

Of course I'm being sort of hyperbolic about long covid, there is some reality to it, but I'm sure at least 90% of cases are just psychosomatic.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Bar Crow posted:

Counterpoint: everyone in COVID thread is a pro computer toucher who doesn't have to work with the public anyway

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
i hadn't listened in a long time and felix definitely sounds like he's talking in slow motion this episode

(will's inability to speak without constant mistakes and unsilent pauses has also gotten worse)

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Cached Money posted:

So what are the symptoms?

He had really intense fatigue following the infection that lasted for months before it started to improve and would get random bouts of body aches. It also definitely impacted his lung capacity for a long time afterward because he was a jogger prior to getting it and it knocked him down pretty hard. He would also get headaches when trying to exercise. I think it took him like six months to start to get back to where he was. This was all prior to the vaccine and he was one of the earliest people to come down with it, just prior to the lockdown. I basically didn't see him come out of his room for 2 weeks and every time I did he looked like death so I know he got hit real hard

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Heath posted:

He had really intense fatigue following the infection that lasted for months before it started to improve and would get random bouts of body aches. It also definitely impacted his lung capacity for a long time afterward because he was a jogger prior to getting it and it knocked him down pretty hard. He would also get headaches when trying to exercise. I think it took him like six months to start to get back to where he was. This was all prior to the vaccine and he was one of the earliest people to come down with it, just prior to the lockdown. I basically didn't see him come out of his room for 2 weeks and every time I did he looked like death so I know he got hit real hard

Yeah that sounds real, and it seems like the early variants of covid were the hardest hitting ones, the current ones barely make you sick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Halloween Jack posted:

Long COVID isn't fake, just as candidiasis and Lyme disease aren't fake. But for unsurprising reasons it's a popular pseudoscientific focus for people's anxiety.

Also you can get long *any virus* because sometimes the immune system just fucks up. It's not exactly new in the way it gets breathlessly reported on, although it probably went up somewhat due to the sheer volume of covid infections.

I got a normal cold before covid started that stretched out into an 8 month battle with extreme allergies that required an epi-pen a couple times, only to just go away on its own.