Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
Boy, that cheese.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Hands off! You're queering the spiral!

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

horrified hank gasp

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
It's all well and good to talk about equal rights until some man loses his job. How is that equal?

Yeah, and it's worse when they take away our favors, 'cause we're used to getting them.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

"It's called a double standard Bobby, don't knock it! We got the long end of the stick on that one.."

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

PinheadSlim posted:

"It's called a double standard Bobby, don't knock it! We got the long end of the stick on that one.."

Who said this?

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Hank to Bobbeh. I think it was the episode where Bobby''s practicing kissing on the mannequin head? The context was bobby asking why it was ok for him to want to kiss / meet girls, but wouldn't be ok if he was a girl looking to meet boys

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Vaysosa has already taken us for $8000. If I lose this [additional $1000] I'll have to be buried at sea...

You have my word they will put you in the ground. AND THAT GOES FOR ALL OF YOU!

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

OMGVBFLOL posted:

horrified hank gasp

Approving Hank nod of Bobby handling the turkey carver

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

I told you about the time I put on the giant pair of khakis and pretended I was tiny! I was very upfront about this!

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

BOTH OF EM

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

that's a great story mr merideth

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple
He was a beautiful man. I knew him… Briefly.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

King Carnivore posted:

He was a beautiful man. I knew him… Briefly.

Whoever wrote that character should get a loving Peabody.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Golden Richards is a badass name

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Taste the meat, AND the heat! *blows u up with propane rocket*

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

"My first :10bux: tip! Thank you!"

"Okay, now meow like a kitty."

"... Meow??"

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Why do we have to watch a foreign movie? If it was any good they'da made an American version.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

External Organs posted:

Whoever wrote that character should get a loving Peabody.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

*bucklyishly* hey Luann guess what?

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Dad, thanks for making me dress like a girl :)

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Uh...yes Luanne. Oil is even more important...than propane.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
IT'S FOR THE FREAKIN CHILDREN

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Plant MONSTER. posted:

IT'S FOR THE FREAKIN CHILDREN

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
My chicken is the star of the show. :geno:

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
“Bobbeh, you’re using that head as a crutch.”
“It’s not a crutch, dad! It’s something I’ve come to rely on to get through life!”

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

Hank, Bobby and me decided he's gonna stick vegetables up his nose. He's not going to take over the family gas station.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Didn’t realize Hank having to sit with strangers for a meatloaf sandwich plotline was a season 13 one. For some reason that and the heat waver one always stuck in my mind very firmly for late season plots

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Hank trying to eat a meatloaf sandwich in peace isn't even the A plot of that episode. It's the goofy plot about Peggy and Bobby trend chasing with the 'cool' mom.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

...it's Mr. Pibb

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

thanks to Hulu (rare I say that) I am going through King of the Hill which I have barely watched in two decades. it was not a favorite as a kid. the groundedness and under-stated humor were probably the reason, nevertheless if it was on TV I watched it.

as I began two questions were on my mind: will it connect better as an adult? will it bring back warm and fuzzy memories of pre-9/11 era?

my thoughts on the first seven or so eps:

- pilot was okayish. love the FIAT joke. standard "son pranks his father" stuff.
- uh oh. some precursors to our current hellworld: parent backlash against public schools; Dale calling in threats to teachers hits a bit differently than it did in 1997! lots of Dale conspiracy stuff such as global warming, black helicopters, and eugenics/population control in the government
- the best imo out of this first batch is when Luana and her boyfriend break-up. Hank is kind of a jerk but in the end caves and has heart. a good character episode.
- not getting the "Peggy is awful" stuff that some mentioned ITT yet

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

SettingSun posted:

Hank trying to eat a meatloaf sandwich in peace isn't even the A plot of that episode. It's the goofy plot about Peggy and Bobby trend chasing with the 'cool' mom.

Hank getting mad about the policies of a restaurant nobody’s forcing him to go to should have been the only plot of the episode.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

It takes a few seasons for Peggy being really arrogant to be a main trait. Early on more of her stuff was about opening herself up vs keeping her feelings repressed to be considered a traditional woman.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

thanks to Hulu (rare I say that) I am going through King of the Hill which I have barely watched in two decades. it was not a favorite as a kid. the groundedness and under-stated humor were probably the reason, nevertheless if it was on TV I watched it.

as I began two questions were on my mind: will it connect better as an adult? will it bring back warm and fuzzy memories of pre-9/11 era?

my thoughts on the first seven or so eps:

- pilot was okayish. love the FIAT joke. standard "son pranks his father" stuff.
- uh oh. some precursors to our current hellworld: parent backlash against public schools; Dale calling in threats to teachers hits a bit differently than it did in 1997! lots of Dale conspiracy stuff such as global warming, black helicopters, and eugenics/population control in the government
- the best imo out of this first batch is when Luana and her boyfriend break-up. Hank is kind of a jerk but in the end caves and has heart. a good character episode.
- not getting the "Peggy is awful" stuff that some mentioned ITT yet

Peggy is the funniest character in the show because there are a million of her in real life which is also the exact reason Peggy haters hate her.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Also hell yeah, fresh opinions on stuff i like.

I cant watch this show for the first time again but hearing about new impressions is the next best thing

Please keep us updated

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Think I posted this either years earlier or in a different thread, but I really like the Peggy & Bill dynamic. They're complete opposites to each other (Peggy having almost no talent but a misplaced confidence that makes her succeed, Bill being a savant at most things he tries but not having the self-esteem to apply it) which is really fun to see sync up.

I can see why people do the Bobby theory, even if I think Hank and Peggy have a pretty similar and good chemistry (just replace "no self-esteem" with "childlike naivety").

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

You know what would make me happy? A meal with my family, tactically spread around me.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
There really is something to the theory that Peggy’s parachute fall caused brain damage that leads to the arrogant know-it-all behavior getting way worse.

Her first words to Hank in the hospital revolve around her saying confidently that she’s one of 12(?) people to fall out of a plane and live, but then says that’s only an estimate lol

That of course could have just been shock, but it does get worse and stay worse after recovery

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

also right out of the gate the "Hank is early 30s" thing does not make sense - didn't the Straight Arrow episode have a flashback to 1966 with Hank as a scout? he would have to have been a toddler at that point.

Hank and Peggy are obviously in their 40s :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Hank as early 30s is ridiculous because I'M early 30s and I'm simply incomparable to Hank. He emits extreme 40s dad energy.